Author Topic: Rules: "Short" Dynasty Project  (Read 24859 times)

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
Re: "Short" Dynasty Project
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 02:47:17 AM »
Many thanks.

Can we choose ones for heirs or are they random as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 07:17:26 AM »
Many thanks.

Can we choose ones for heirs or are they random as well?

everything is random unless you are trying the "specific trait passed through all generations" bonus challenge in which case you can choose 1 trait to pass through all generations, but it has to be all generations or the bonus challenge is a fail.

basically it makes this challenge even harder and crazier if all the traits are random, then you don't get the chance to pick the 'easy to finish' life time wishes for more points.

:)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 07:47:32 AM »
Random it is then! I'm in the mood for crazy!

I am sure there is a list somewhere but I can't find it. Can someone point me in the direction of a list of legacy lots please?

Many thanks

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »
Random it is then! I'm in the mood for crazy!

I am sure there is a list somewhere but I can't find it. Can someone point me in the direction of a list of legacy lots please?

Many thanks

depending on what town you use, I'd aim for the biggest empty lot available (I don't have a list with me, and the size varies slightly per town, most are 64x64)  Also some times when you open a new town the game puts down certain available lots automatically, the equestrian center often ends up on the biggest lot, so you might have to delete it to open the legacy lot for use.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, 03:29:42 AM »
I don't have time to do this right now but I really want to try it out in the future.

I just have a question about the maxing a skill and completing the LTW - do they have to be original LTW (as in no one else has completed them) or can you do the same one over and over? (if for example several heirs can choose the same LTW - is that allowed?)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2013, 11:07:36 AM »
I don't have time to do this right now but I really want to try it out in the future.

I just have a question about the maxing a skill and completing the LTW - do they have to be original LTW (as in no one else has completed them) or can you do the same one over and over? (if for example several heirs can choose the same LTW - is that allowed?)

If the LTW keeps appearing based on random trait rolls (as the Sim ages up everything is randomized) then yes you can chose the same LTW each time.  It might get boring, and would be more challenging not to do this, but it isn't against the rules.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2013, 11:17:09 AM »
I didn't think it was, but I wanted to check just in case. I will not start this until I finish (or mess up) my 4x4 but it's nice to know the rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2013, 11:26:14 AM »
I didn't think it was, but I wanted to check just in case. I will not start this until I finish (or mess up) my 4x4 but it's nice to know the rules.

Let me know when you do decide to play it.  Love to read about it.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2014, 04:05:29 AM »
I need something fun, random and "short" in between my challenge files, so i will soon have a go at this. Im not a big writer but i will post abit about it.

One question though just to be sure.
The points can be awarded for the Founder, her husband, the heir, hir/her siblings, the heirs partner and then their children right?

And if the heir is a male, would i get a point for each child he would have outside the household too?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2014, 09:31:31 AM »
A couple of questions:
1.is wish enhancement serum allowed?
2. what happens if a pet harasses grim to bring sim back?
3. does the spouse of the founder count when scoring?
4. do children adopted by heir count towards scoring?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2014, 01:54:54 PM »
Please disregard my questions, I came up with my own interpretation...

I have stated this challenge: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,19002.0.html

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2014, 10:07:38 PM »
Quick question - I'm on my first generation in Dragon Valley (my story link is in my signature if you're interested!) and I have a quick question. My Sim is on the rainbow slider. I made it a rule that the the heir will be the first child born with rainbow colored skin (aka not normal skin). I went after Bradan MacGrath and married him and have had 2 pregnancies with him that have both resulted in normal skinned children. Bradan has aged to elder but my founder is much younger than he is, and is trying one last time for a rainbow child (trying so hard that she's aiming for triplets with the kids channel and kids music). If this doesn't result in rainbow children and Bradan were to pass on, I guess I'm wondering if I would have failed or if I can seek out a new husband for my founder to have an heir with. Then it begs the question if Bradan's LTW and maxed skills count.
I really hope I have my rainbow colored skin nooboo so I don't have to think about the "what ifs" but I figured I would consult you about my crisis and see if I would have failed by then or not.
Or, if I didn't fail, do Bradan's points count if she has to seek out another man to have an heir? Probably not, but it can't hurt to ask. This challenge is really fun. Anyways, fingers crossed for me having a rainboo! :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2014, 03:26:55 AM »
Quick question - I'm on my first generation in Dragon Valley (my story link is in my signature if you're interested!) and I have a quick question. My Sim is on the rainbow slider. I made it a rule that the the heir will be the first child born with rainbow colored skin (aka not normal skin). I went after Bradan MacGrath and married him and have had 2 pregnancies with him that have both resulted in normal skinned children. Bradan has aged to elder but my founder is much younger than he is, and is trying one last time for a rainbow child (trying so hard that she's aiming for triplets with the kids channel and kids music). If this doesn't result in rainbow children and Bradan were to pass on, I guess I'm wondering if I would have failed or if I can seek out a new husband for my founder to have an heir with. Then it begs the question if Bradan's LTW and maxed skills count.
I really hope I have my rainbow colored skin nooboo so I don't have to think about the "what ifs" but I figured I would consult you about my crisis and see if I would have failed by then or not.
Or, if I didn't fail, do Bradan's points count if she has to seek out another man to have an heir? Probably not, but it can't hurt to ask. This challenge is really fun. Anyways, fingers crossed for me having a rainboo! :)

Since the OP haven't been online in a while, I will offer you my interpretation of the rules. I don't think there is anything stopping you from getting a second spouse if that has to be. There are no rules for/against multiple partners or the heir having to come from the first partner.

Offline larissima

• Nooboo
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2014, 04:14:08 PM »
This is very frustrating, and great fun!  Thanks for setting it up  :)

I might even do my first story...  if the family survives to the 10th generation.  I just had my spares (twin girls) born and the founder's husband is already an elder!  Probably won't have many points either, as their lives are too short to achieve their LTW or even max a skill  :'(  That's why it's such fun to play!  I usually have long lifespans, with all the life fruit and ambrosia one can wish for - it gets too easy.

Offline nil

• Nooboo
  • "Not all those who wander are lost."
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2014, 04:44:46 PM »
Sounds like a really great idea for a challenge! I don't have much time on my hands to play during the week, so I think I'll attempt this soon. :D

anything