Author Topic: The Immortal Fairy: Greener Gardens  (Read 6147 times)

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
The Immortal Fairy: Greener Gardens
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:00:51 PM »
This is my first ever attempt at a Sims 3 story. I'm using a pre-existing character that has been split off from her main household and moved to an entirely new town. Anna Watkins is a Fairy that purchased the Age Freeze potion LTR after completing the Heartbreaker LTW. Thanks to the suggestion from a forum member, I am planning to have Anna go through every single LTW the game has to offer. All going well, each one will be a separate chapter.

I'm not 100% sure on how much discussion is allowed within story threads, but I would love some constructive criticism and will answer any questions regarding Anna or the game... but not my plans. ;) With that said, here's the beginning...

There was nothing wrong with the town of Roaring Heights. It was picturesque, quiet and the perfect place to raise a family.  For siblings Matt and Anna, it seemed to be the perfect place for them to live out their lives after leaving the family home. Unfortunately for Anna, there was no such thing as a natural life. While her brother was a Witch, she was a rather rare Fairy, one with a ‘gift’ of being immune to aging.

She knew that her kind aged slower than mortals, but the nature of her gift wasn’t present until much later. Anna saw her brother get married, have kids, and both him and his spouse die on the same day from old age. Her niece and nephew also grew old and died, leaving behind a single child. So much loss and grief weighed heavily on the immortals heart, which even drinking at the bar couldn’t solve. Once her great niece was old enough to live alone, Anna took her laptop, a small amount of cash and left the family home.

No destination was in her mind, but upon setting her silver eyes on Bridgeport, the Fairy knew she’d found her new start.

With only 30,000 simoleans and her laptop, Anna knew she had to be rather picky about where to live. Part of her was tempted to move straight into one of the high rise buildings, since there would be a lot of people in close proximity, but she wasn’t quite ready to deal with that yet. Instead, she opted for a small house on the outskirts of the city. It was close enough for her to mix with people when she felt like it, but far enough for solitude when required.

Anna was home, and now she had to decide what to do with her immortal life. Setting up a little nest egg seemed like a good start.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: The Immortal Fairy: Swimming in Cash
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 01:09:44 AM »
I'm so glad that you chose to use that idea! I like your writing so far and good luck.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 01:43:10 AM »
I loved the idea! It's certainly not something I would have thought of. :)

Should be a nice, long game. I already have her next two planned out, the LTW that has a higher cash requirement (I think it's Living in the Lap of Luxury) and the one that requires you to be celebrity level 5 (She managed to hit level 3 already today, the how will be revealed later).

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 04:11:45 AM »
This sounds very interesting.  I'll be reading.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 03:52:24 PM »
The first day and night of Anna’s new life in Bridgeport were mostly boring, but productive. Picking a house on the edge of the city was certainly a wise choice, as it meant no-one came to welcome her while she got everything in order. Buying new furniture and setting everything up where she want took most of the day, leaving the Fairy with only enough time to serve up a meal, put the leftovers away, grab a shower and then head to bed for some much needed sleep.

And it was the best night’s sleep she’d had in a long time.

Rising bright and early the next morning, Anna knew that she had more important things that needed to be dealt with. Breakfast was the most important, so she grabbed a bowl of left over mac & cheese from the fridge, and soon cursed the fact that her new home came with… a pretty poor fridge. Maybe spending money on a better fridge and cooker would have been wise instead of a flat screen TV. Anna simply shrugged while she ate her food, figuring she could deal with the taste of fridge for a while until she made some extra cash. Of course, making money required writing a book, and that needed an idea.

Back in Roaring Heights, Anna found that her sci-fi novels used to sell fairly well, along with trashy ones. It was a sci-fi idea that popped into her head, and so the Fairy headed straight to her laptop to make a start on her new masterpiece.

Of course, writing could be quite taxing, and having a little fun would certainly be a wise idea. Anna got a good chunk of her book finished and decided to grab a nap. She was feeling a little better after a good night’s sleep, so maybe investigating the night life of Bridgeport would help. A couple of hours later, she awoke from her nap and popped to the bathroom to freshen up before heading out into the city. She didn’t really know where to go, so the taxi driver recommended she try a dance club known as ‘The Grind.’ Anna enjoyed dancing, and drinking, so she took his advice and headed straight there.

Once inside the club, she took a few moments to watch the people dancing and familiarizing herself with the place. She noticed that the mixologist seemed to be struggling a little taking orders, and that was an area the Fairy was quite accomplished in.  So, she offered to help out… and quickly proved popular with the customers.

The night proved to be a busy one, with Anna meeting many new people and making a good hundred simoleans in tips. She worked until the club closed, going home, slinging some laundry in the machine and going to bed. The night hadn’t been quite as fun as she hoped, but at least she met some new people.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 04:08:47 PM »
Nice start.  Anna certainly seems to have a tremendous task ahead of her!  Going through every LTW seems like it would be tricky, but fun.  Plus, you'll be prepared for whatever a future dynasty or legacy may throw at you :)  Good luck, Anna!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 08:25:39 PM »
What EPs do you have? Read: how many LTWs are there to fufill?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 09:13:59 PM »
Every. Single. One.

I will be at this for a very long time. Good thing she took an Age Freeze potion!

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 10:21:33 AM »
A surprise awaited Anna the next morning, and not the type that makes a person happy and puts a spring in their step for the rest of the day. The fairy got up, went for her morning shower and found the washing machine had leaked all over the floor. Irritated, she gave it a good kick, then literally hopped to the shower as kicking a machine bare-foot isn't wise. She got about her typical morning routine of finishing her shower, grabbing some leftovers from the fridge and then fixed the infernal washing machine before slinging the clothes in the dryer.

Checking her mail, Anna found a secret admirer letter from a man named Larry, probably one of the people she’d served the night before. That was nice, and certainly cheered her up, but she wasn't interested right now. Instead, she worked her magic on all those people she’d met the night before.

All sixteen people gained a new best friend, and Anna gained sixteen best friends herself. That had the interesting side effect of making her a celebrity. She hadn’t realized some of the people she met last night were famous, being far more concerned with serving good drinks rather than recognizing faces. The rest of her day was spent quietly, sitting in her room and working on her book more.

But in the evening, there was a surprise visitor.

Alexy Fresco, a stunning young man she’d met the night before, decided to pop over for a visit. Even though Anna invited him in, the two ended up talking about everything and nothing on the porch. Both sims appeared to be interested in each other, but they kept the chat friendly and only went their separate ways at 4am. Alexy went home, Anna went to bed.

Thursday was crunch day. Anna wanted to get her book finished in time for the weekend so that nice royalty check would arrive. But Alexy had been invading her dreams and on her mind, something would need to be done about that!

Once the letter was mailed off, Anna could finally concentrate. She got her usual morning chores done and then retired to her bedroom, finishing the book fairly quickly and leaving her the rest of the day to just relax with some computer games.

What she didn't expect was a visitor at 10pm! Katrina Pala, a local celebrity, turned up.

Of course, Anna invited her in and the two women sat watching the TV, generally chatting and getting to know each other better until the small hours of the morning. Katrina went home, Anna went to bed. Tomorrow would be Friday… the weekend… party time!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 12:24:50 PM »
The part about Anna kicking the washing machine and then having to hop into the shower was too funny :)  Nice to see Anna get some love with Alexy.  Hopefully he'll be making more appearances as the story progresses *crosses fingers*

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »
That's my hope. :) She apparently wants to go on a date with him so I intended to organise that for her the next day (which is leisure day).

Instead she ended up at the festival, followed by one of the lounges.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 06:03:28 PM »
Ahhhh, Leisure day. A time to sit back and do… well… nothing!

The left-overs Anna had made a few days ago had gone bad now, so she threw them away and decided to treat herself to a meal at the Bistro. But she needed to check her mail first. Maybe Alexy had gotten back to her by now?

No response, but then Anna realized the post person would have collected it today, so she was being a little hasty. There was a complimentary copy of her book though, which she took inside and placed on the bookshelf. Going to the Bistro meant she’d need to look smart, so the Fairy changed into her formalwear and then caught a taxi to the establishment.

It was quiet and the food was good. That was all she really wanted. With hunger sated, the young woman decided to check out the local festival and see if anything was going on. A few people were there, but the skating ring was free. Anna used to enjoy skating with her brother, so she figured a few laps around the rink would be nice.

Soon enough, the Fairy was bored of that. Another local celebrity had been spotted, and since she was now included in their ranks, Anna thought it might be a good idea to go and say hello.

The chap was Reuben Littler, who apparently found young Anna rather attractive. She wasn’t very impressed with him, so they just chatted, learnt about each other and eventually became good friends. It was dark soon though, which meant it was time to hit the bar as far as the Fairy was concerned. This time, she decided to try The Prosper Room, an actual lounge rather than a dive bar or a club. First point of business, get a drink!

Being a celebrity means having to deal with an agent. Even though it was 11pm, Anna received a call from said agent, a fact she wasn’t very impressed about.

Anna: “Hello?”
Agent: “Hey Anna! It’s your agent! Listen, I’ve had a really good…”
Anna: “Stop right there. Do you realize what TIME it is? I’m trying to get juiced here!”
Agent: “Yeah, yeah, it’s late. You answered didn’t you? Now listen, you need to hit the gym…”
Anna: “Waitaminute… are you calling me fat?!”
Agent: “Not at all! You’re gorgeous. You know it. I know it. The people know it. That’s the problem, cameras… cameras everywhere.”
Anna: “…go on…”
Agent: “So you need to STAY in shape. Those paparazzi will try their hardest to get a bad photo of you, plaster it everywhere and ruin your image, just to make some money. Trust me, hit the gym tomorrow.”
Anna: “Ok, ok… You have a point. I’ll go as soon as I get up.”
Agent: “That’s my rising star!” *click*

There was a long sigh from the Fairy, and she spent the rest of the night just dancing the night away, going home to sleep only when the venue shut and she was kicked out.

Offline nullifidian

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 08:20:24 PM »
I like this story and idea. You take some really nice screen shots. I'll be following this one.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 08:27:42 PM »
Thanks! You can thank Lisa46 for the story idea... it was her suggestion. :)

I'm still trying to get the hang of good screenshots, but I've been using the guide on here, taking them at 1600x900 (My laptop's native resolution) and then scaling them down. Photobucket already partially scales them down so they end up at 800x400-and-something. I think I still have some learning to do though.

Should be another story part tomorrow... hopefully. Got a ton more shots and a couple of sim-days play time. But... eh... cat to the vet and I'm expecting bad news... so it may not happen.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 04:12:50 AM »
Poor Anna.  That agent will be the bane of her existence if she keeps answering the phone.  ::)  I'm really enjoying this KhaineGB!

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 05:53:10 AM »
Or she'll be the bane of his existence. I'm not entirely sure which at this point. :)

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 10:11:07 AM »
Something about the gym in the morning? Eh… better make that early afternoon. Anna got out of bed a little past mid-day, to find a voice mail from her Agent remind her to go to the gym, oh and go entertain some kids at the hospital. The Fairy loved children, probably because she helped raise her nieces and nephews. “Does he want me to get his shopping as well?” She really wasn’t a morning… or afternoon… person. Quick shower, quick brunch consisting of pancakes and then she was off to the hospital.

Once that was over and done with, Anna headed straight to the gym just like she promised, staying there until she felt she’d actually made some progress.

By the time she got home, it was very late into the evening, and she noticed there was some mail waiting for her. Anna had been so busy that she completely forgot that Alexy might have replied to her letter.

He had! And he was interested too! There was a little spring in Anna’s step as she went to bed that evening. Maybe she’d call him for a date tomorrow.

Trying to sleep was interesting to say the least. The Fairy was feeling a little giddy that she’d gotten a good reply from her love letter. Of course, that meant when she did finally get to sleep, she ended up oversleeping by a large amount and waking up in the early evening. Anna cursed herself quietly for letting her emotions run away like a school girl, grabbed a shower and some leftovers, and then decided to try calling Alexy.

Alexy: “Hello?”
Anna: “Hiya! It’s Anna.”
Alexy: “Oh hey! How are you doing?”
Anna: “Pretty good. Say… um… do you want to go on a date?”
Alexy: “That depends on who with.”
Anna: “Me, you doofus!”
Alexy: *laughs* “I know. I was teasing you. Sure! What did you have in mind?”
Anna: “The Grind? It’s where we met the first time.”
Alexy: “Only if you promise not to work the bar tonight.”
Anna: “I promise. I want to get juiced and dance tonight.”
Alexy: “It’s a date then. I’ll meet you there.” *click*

Even though he’d sent a letter showing interest, the Fairy still had doubts he would have accepted her offer of a date. But Alexy did, and now she had even more of a bounce in her step! Anna flew (literally) out of the house and into the first cab she could find, making her way to the club as quickly as possible. It wasn’t far from where she lived, so it didn’t surprise her that she got there before her date. Someone recognized her though, a young man by the name of Reuben she’d met at the Summer Faire. He decided to try his luck straight away.

Reuben: “Hey! Anna right? We met at the summer faire?”
Anna: “Oh, hey Reuben. How’s things?”
Reuben: “Good, even better for seeing you. Out for some fun tonight?”
Anna: “You bet! The fun will start when my date turns up!”
Reuben: “Date? Oh… lucky guy. Well… I’ll see you inside then?”
Anna: “Yep! I’ll catch you at the bar.” (“That was a little uncomfortable…”)

The Fairy quickly retreated into the club and grabbed a drink from the bar. She figured Alexy wouldn’t mind if she made a start on drinking. Then, she hit the dance floor while she waited for him to turn up.

A familiar buzzing feeling against her leg told her that she had a text message. Anna pulled out her phone and checked it, her happy demeanor soon turning into a scowl. ‘Hey. Something’s come up. Can’t make it. Sorry, call later? – Alexy.’  Right now, a certain saying regarding a fiery place being lower in fury than a scorned woman would be very accurate. The Fairy was about to stomp off and find out where he lived so she could give him a piece of her mind, when the phone rang.

Oh good. Maybe it was Alexy so she could give him a piece of her… wait… Lenny?

He was a man she’d met while tending the bar in The Grind, and while they’d spoken a little, she didn’t know him that well. He’d sent her a love letter and she got it the same day she wrote hers to Alexy. Anna didn’t want to talk. She wanted to seethe and give a certain man a piece of her mind, and despite that, Lenny managed to talk her down and let her vent. When the call finally ended, she felt a lot better and hit the bar for another drink. That’s when another handsome man asked her to dance, and since her date was now a wash out, the Fairy figured… why not?

He introduced himself as Bart Hammer, and figured the young woman needed cheering up. Dancing certainly did help lift her spirits, and the two remained on the dance floor just chatting and having a good time until it the club closed. Anna went home and went to bed, still very disappointed and considering giving Alexy a piece of her mind in the morning.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 01:38:15 PM »
How terrible, Alexy, for standing Anna up like that! Hopefully he has a good explanation  :o. I completely understand Anna's frustration with agents calling with celebrity opportunities. They have the worst timing! By the way, which LTW is Anna working toward right now?

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 03:31:38 PM »
I actually went snooping around the town, because I'm a nosey so-and-so, and found him in the park chatting up someone else. -_-

Anna is working on Swimming in Cash right now, which is have 30k Simoleans.

EDIT: Ok. This is an out of story update. She just got ditched... AGAIN...

He called HER to go out on a date too!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 03:53:12 PM »
Anna may need to rethink Alexy as her future hubby...he doesn't seem too reliable since he abandoned her twice already... :'(. Fingers crossed that he'll come around. Thank goodness she has a dedicated watcher to keep tabs on the guy!

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 04:03:09 PM »
Oh, this was someone completely different.

Having said that... that IS Matthew Hamming coming to talk to her... so... 5 star celebrity coming to chat? Let's see...

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2014, 01:45:03 PM »
Ok, I have to warn you all... this one is big. I got quite a few hours to sit down and play last night... but nothing much happened. So if it's a little boring, I apologize, but I grabbed the best screenshots out of the pile and decided to try and make something of it!
Afternoon still counted as the morning, didn’t it? When Anna finally awoke, it was a little past mid-day. She grumbled slightly at sleeping in and woke herself up with a shower and some leftover pancakes. Her annoyance at being ditched had waned a bit, and she wondered if it was even worth the free minutes on her cell phone plan to call Alexy. Instead, she headed outside and checked her mail, finding a gift from a secret admirer tucked into her box.

That was a little odd, and confusing. The Fairy shrugged it off and decided to throw herself into writing another book. She’d written a sci-fi one already, so it was time for a trashy book. People seemed to enjoy those. Of course, sitting down to actually work on something means everyone will suddenly want to talk to you.

Anna: “Hello?”
Hyacinth: “Hello dearie. It’s Hyacinth. How’ve you been?”
Anna: “Oh! I haven’t seen you since the summer faire! I’m… okay I guess, you?”
Hyacinth: “I’m doing well, thank you dear. You don’t sound okay, you sound far from it. What’s on your mind?”

And that’s when Anna just unloaded on the poor woman who called. She explained how she moved to get away from the emotional pain of seeing her family die, about how she took a chance on love even though she wasn’t quite ready, and then was left standing there at the club like an idiot. They talked for hours, and just as the call ended and Anna sat down to work on her book, the phone went again.

Anna: (“This better not be my agent again…”) “Hello?”
Barry: “Hey! It’s Barry. Fancy going out on a date?”
Anna: “Um… alright. Where are we going?”
Barry: “I know you like your drinking and dancing, so I was thinking The Prosper Room.”
Anna: “Oooh! A classy place. I’ll get dressed up and meet you there!” *click*

Okay, she was excited. Not that surprising really. Anna put on her best dress and caught a limo (apparently she was enough of a celebrity that her Agent decided she needed a personal limo) straight to The Prosper Room. Just as she arrived, she felt her phone buzz. The Fairy knew what it was and let out a long sigh, checking the message and just shaking her head. Yep, Barry had cancelled.

“Why do I even bother?!” The poor phone was the recipient of the fairy’s anger as she threw it on the floor and cracked the screen. “Men! All useless!” She wasn’t paying attention to the people around her, so a voice ringing out very close by caught the woman off guard.

“Something wrong?”

Matthew Hamming? The biggest star in Bridgeport? Talking to her?! It was less of a star-struck, weak at the knees moment and more of a “I just made myself look like a complete idiot” moment.

Anna: “Just been stood up for a date. Again. For the second night in a row.”
Matthew: “Anyone who would stand up a beautiful woman like you doesn’t know what they’re missing.”
Anna: “They’re just lucky I can’t get my hands on them right now. Anyway, I’m Anna Watkins.”
Matthew: “I’ve heard of you. Making quite a name for yourself. Matthew Hamming. I’m not going to ask you on a date, but I hate seeing a gorgeous woman alone, so fancy grabbing a drink since you’re here anyway?”
Anna: “Yes… yes I would. Let’s go and get juiced.”

And that’s exactly what they did, after Anna collected her smashed phone from the floor. Drinking, talking and just enjoying each other’s company until the lounge closed and threw the pair of juiced adults out. They simply shook hands and went their separate ways. The date was a bust, but Anna had gained a very important friend that night.

A SimFest was being staged at the local park the next day. Anna got up, freshened up, grabbed breakfast and left the house straight away. She knew the performances back in Roaring Heights were pretty good, so she hoped the same would hold true in Bridgeport. Unfortunately, it was only a small crowd.

But at least her burgers were popular!

Once the SimFest was over, Anna went home, got changed and decided to go out to The Prosper Room again. She fancied doing a bit of work as a Mixologist tonight, and it was a good way to meet new people. Of course, as soon as she stepped into the lobby, her phone went off. Hey, at least it still worked!

Anna: “Hey.”
Agent: “Anna! It’s your agent!”
Anna: (“Oh gods… what now…”) “…aaaaand you have a job for me… at 11pm again…”
Agent: “I know you’re a night owl. At least I know you’ll answer if I call at this time! Anyway, The Prosper Room want some good publicity, so go order a few drinks and have your photo taken. They’ll be free, and you’ll be paid.”
Anna: “Sure. I can do that.”
Agent: “…you agreed to that too easily. What’s the catch?”
Anna: “I’m in the lobby of The Prosper Room right now.
Agent: “Well… that’d explain it! Have fun then!” *click*

Getting paid to get juiced? She could do that… quite happily.

Coming home, she found that her letterbox was absolutely stuffed with secret admirer letters, and a gift. Anna sighed and opened it.

Anna: “Let’s see…. A gift from Lenny? Sweet. Love letter from Alexy… suck up. I should burn that. And a love letter from Elvira? Wait… the female vampire?! That’s… odd… and flattering.”

The mail was placed on the table in her house. Anna figured she’d deal with it in the morning. Right now, she really needed to get herself to sleep. Good thing too, since the Fairy slept for quite a while, and she awoke to a text message from her agent. Thankfully she could just about read it on the cracked screen. Apparently he wanted her to go and cameo in a play. Anna sighed, grabbed a shower and went to do what he asked.

Getting paid for doing stuff like that was appealing though, and when she was on her way home, Anna got her phone repaired and picked up a present for herself… a new guitar.

Anna had always wanted to learn the guitar, but never really had the time. Now she had the time and the money, she figured… why not? Of course, her playing was interrupted by her phone going off.

Anna:” Hello?”
Agent: “Hey Anna! I’ve got some more work for you.”
Anna: “Does it involve drinking?”
Agent: “Not this time. The local school had a fundraising project for something to do with Llama’s, and they’re paying you to present an oversized cheque.”
Anna: “Wait… why don’t they save the money and put it with the rest from the fundraiser?”
Agent: “Publicity most likely. Anyway, you’re getting the money, so why worry? Just do it as soon as you can.”
Anna: “Alright, I’ll go over tomorrow.” *click*

For the rest of the evening, she just played the guitar in her garage, and then finally went to bed. The next morning, Anna did exactly what she promised. She presented the cheque, which was a very well paid job and then locked herself in her room to get the book she’d been working on finished up. All in all, a fairly boring day.

The next day was a lot better. The book was finished quickly, and Anna received a call from Elvira. Apparently she was throwing a party and wanted the Fairy to go along.

That sounded like fun, so she agreed. Until then, she just watched TV.

Whatever Anna decided to watch was either horrifying, or really interesting!

It was soon time for the party though, so she put on her best dress and headed over to Elvira’s place. The Fairy was surprised that a celebrity lived in a high rise building, and she was surprised that pretty much no-one was there. It seemed she was one of the first guests. After a quick hello to the hosts, Anna decided to try her luck on the dart board.

Once a few more people turned up, she whipped out the guitar to provide some light entertainment. At least she was actually good at playing.

Unfortunately, the party didn’t really pick up, and everyone soon went home to bed, including Anna. The next day would be the start of the weekend, so she hoped something a little more fun might come along.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2014, 04:25:30 PM »
If nothing much happened, you have a very entertaining way of showing it.  Great update KhaineGB!  ;)

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2014, 05:51:36 PM »
Thank you! I really wasn't sure about the writing quality on this one, to be perfectly honest.

Next update should be a lot more interesting. I did a little tweaking and found I could enable something I wanted. Which, from a story standpoint, should be very interesting... or I hope it will be. :)

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 03:41:35 PM »
The day started out like any other. Get up, shower and eat breakfast. But the fates had something in store for Anna, a surprise parcel that linked to her past, and a gift she never expected. The young Fairy wandered out to her mailbox and picked up the package left within. A letter was attached to it, so she went into the kitchen, put the package down on the table and opened the letter.

Auntie Anna,

You’re a very hard woman to track down! I hope you’re well. I’ve decided to sell the family home, it’s just too big for me on my own, and there are too many memories here. I’ll split the money with you once the sale is complete… but I found this. It’s Granddad’s wand. I thought you might like something to remember him by since he was your brother and all.

Love you, and keep in touch will you?

Your great niece,
Kerry Watkins.

An e-mail address was included so Anna could reply easier, along with Kerry’s new address. She opened the package and looked at the wand contained within.

“I try to get away from my past, make a fresh start, and it still manages to follow me somehow.” A dainty hand plucked the wand from its resting place, and the Fairy just continued to examine it. Yep, it was certainly her brothers.

“Now just where am I going to put this? And how do I explain having it in the house? It’s not like I can use the thing!” Anna could remember the motions Matt used whenever he was trying to cast a spell, and she decided to try and copy them.

“I look like an idiot swinging this around. It’s not like anyth-WHOA!

A jet of smoke erupted from the end of the wand, making Anna stop and blink several times. Was it just reacting to her Fairy magic? Or was she actually part Witch as well? Her parents had been a female Witch and a male Fairy, she inherited the Fairy side while Matt inherited the Witch side. She had never even considered the possibility of being able to use a wand. The Fairy spent the rest of the day playing with the new wand, and quickly discovered that she could actually learn Witch spells.

That was an interesting development. She only stopped her research when the phone in her pocket buzzed. Johanna King was having a party, and inviting all the local celebrities. Anna figured it’d be a good reason to get out of the house and meet people, so she replied, telling her that she’d be there.

Even though it was supposed to be a social event, Anna spent most of the time playing her guitar. Alexy was there, and even he seemed to appreciate her musical talent.

The kings had a baby, so the party didn’t go on for very long. Soon, Anna went home, tidied up the house a bit, and then went to bed.

Everyone has a routine for their morning, even if that morning happens to be the afternoon. Anna’s was interrupted as she moved some clothes from the washing machine to the dryer. She didn’t even have the time to shower or get her breakfast!

Anna: (“If this is my Agent… I’ll kill him…”) *yawn* “Hello?”
Alexy: “Oh! Sorry… did I wake you up?”
Anna: “Nono… I just got out of bed a few minutes ago. What’s up Alexy?”
Alexy: “Well… I was wondering… do you want to hang out?”
Anna: “As long as I can get dressed first, sure. Where we meeting?”
Alexy: “City hall? Nice central place and we can go anywhere from there.”
Anna: “Alright. I’ll be there as quick as I can.” *click*

Getting there was easy enough, and surprisingly Alexy had actually bothered to turn up. After the last time they agreed to meet, she honestly expected him to ditch her at the last minute.

They ended up just chatting and enjoying each other’s company rather than going anywhere, but it wasn’t long before the subject of the missed date eventually came up.

Alexy: “Look, I really am sorry about what happened.”
Anna: “Forget it. We managed to stay friends, that’s enough.”
Alexy: “Yeah, except I do want us to get together.”
Anna: “That’s not going to happen. I know you’re with Sugar…”
Alexy: “WAS. We broke up yesterday. It wasn’t working.”
Anna: “Soooo… you break up with her, then get me out here and try to chat me up? You do realize how bad that looks, don’t you?”
Alexy: “…I didn’t think about it like that.”
Anna: “So I gathered. Look, how do I know you won’t do that to me? I’d rather we just stay friends.”
Alexy: “But-“
Anna: “No… no buts. It’s not happening, so drop it and let’s not ruin a good day out, alright?”
Alexy: *sigh* “…alright.”

They left it there, parting on good terms and Anna went home to work on her new-found magic.

That’s all she did for the rest of the night, deciding to turn in and get up at a decent time. In the morning, she went through her usual routine of shower and food and decided to hit up the laptop to work on another Sci-Fi book.

Of course, that got interrupted by her Agent calling with another job. Anna sighed and decided to go and get that out of the way with, since it paid fairly well in the first place. Once she got back, she put a few more hours of work into her book and then practiced with the wand a bit more. It was fun, and it helped with learning magic.

Getting up the next day, the Fairy started her usual morning routine, and soon got a call from her Agent… again.

Anna: *yawn* “Hello?”
Agent: “You’re not normally awake this early! I’ve got another job for you.”
Anna: “What job this time?”
Agent: “You’ll like this one. The Grind want publicity, so go and do some dancing. They’re paying for it too.”
Anna: “That sounds like a good night. I’ll go over later.” *click*

She went for a shower and noticed the washing machine was broken… again. Better get the tools and fix it.

The rest of the day was spent working on her book until 5pm. That’s when The Grind opened. She went there as soon as possible and happily danced and drank the night away.

Sleep came easily, that was a lot of juice she’d drank. The next day was spooky day, and she was hoping to go to the festival. It seemed that fate had other plans, and she was invited to a costume party. Now, she needed a costume. Digging around, she found something that would sort-of work, it was better than the last time when she went to a costume party as a hot dog.

Soon enough, Anna arrive at the party, complete with costume.

Not many people were there, but there was an interesting young man by the name of Wayne Bumble.

They ended up chatting for a very long time, finding that they got on really well. Not only was Wayne attractive, he was smart and funny. If she’d been drinking, Anna would say it was an effect of the juice. But she hadn’t, so this was clearly real emotion and real feelings. She told Wayne how she felt, and his response was, more than a little surprising.

The party was soon over and the two went their separate ways. But they did promise to stay in touch and arrange a date in the future. Anna went to bed with thoughts and dreams of the future. Hopefully this wouldn’t end badly, similar to what happened with Alexy.

For the first time since arriving in Bridgeport, she was actually thinking about her future.