Author Topic: The "Honey Do" List Grand Finale  (Read 36508 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The "Honey Do" List Grand Finale
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2014, 09:37:46 PM »
I chose to level painting, and it seemed like it took forever.  What skill did you all at the top decide to max for sim B?

Painting as well. Sim B got 4 levels in painting, then she switched to writing until she unlocked children's books..stayed on that until she got the royalty requirement and then moved back to painting and consignment store selling for income.

Offline Femke82

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2014, 01:45:01 AM »
I am so happy I won! I really liked this challenge, it was a lot of micromanaging, I did make a few little mistakes, but in the end it didn't change the day I got to finish.

Like Metropolis Man already said, in order to get the teen on a honor roll at week 2 day 6, the starting sims must get pregnant right away.  I started my starting sims out as boyfriend and girlfriend, so I wouldn't had to work as hard to get my female pregnant. After that was done they got married, and after that my male sim got a job at the science centre. I knew the business career also lets you work every day. But I don't like that career much, so I tend to stay away from it. In science, if you get a promotion every day (even if you don't ask for one in the weekend), you can still get to level 10 on day6 of week 2. This is were I made a little mistake. My male sim was a workaholic so he worked from home in the weekend, but I couldn't track down his boss (and his boss didn't come to the house even after I invited him over). It still worked out as he got to level 10 of his career (and he also had the wish to get there, wich earned him more then 5000 happiness points, completing another requirement) on day 6 of week 2 at 1 PM. I uninstalled into the future because you have to get opportunities. Without ITF this wasn't a hard one. My male sim had only three skills (gardening, fishing and handiness (his unique skill)), so getting a skill opportunity wasn't hard. The career opportunity I got first, and the community event was a little harder. As I didn't do those events in most of my sims games I had to do a little researched. After learned that in moonlight falls (where I planned to do this challenge) there are only community events that require a pet, I switched to sunset valley and there I had free choice of community events. So for my challenge file I played in sunset valley and used the community event at the sport stadium (don't know how it is called in English, sorry). After completing my life time wish (swimming in cash, easy to do with all the gems and metals bought by my female sim and the use the gemgutter at the elixer store) I had my sim buy the collection helper (wich was worth 40.000 happiness points) and used that one to find him the seeds. He only needed to pick up the 4 that are required. Then he gave the collection helper to his wife so she could get the gem en metal worth >$250 (gem: moonrock, metal: palladium). My male sim also got fast learner as a LTR and he didn't used any skill elixers, he just studied gardening and handiness at the library and did his fishing on the weekend and after that during the nights (but not at the graveyard, just in town and at the sea). He made 2 of his 3 unique upgrades in the library, and used his third to complete his skill opportunituy. The spa package was just a 6 hour cut in his busy scedule, but money was not a probleme after finding a couple of tiberium at the consigment store. His enemy was made by trowing a potent twist elixer at another sims and then declare that sim as an enemy.

My female sim got pregnant the very first day, after that she went to the consigment store and elixer store to get a lot of gems, metals and elixers as possible. She also learned alchemy (as her unique skill) to make more skill elixers and invigorating elixirs. Both my sims (and the child after it was born) never slept until the last few days, when most of the requirement were done. After getting a few of the invigorating elixers my female sim took skilling classes in all the skills she would need (writing, fishing, painting, logic, gardening, cooking and atletic). She then trew all the skilling potions she had, but needed to gain a few more levels in logic to be able to tutor her child (she read a logic book until level 5 then discovered the star after the child was born and raised to child age). For the remaining of the time my female sim was making more skill potions and buying out the elixer store to get more ingredients. Only when she had a high level in the skill I would let her use the skill to finish a requirement. So she only caught 1 fish (with the right bait a low level fish will be perfect most of the time if your fishing skill is high), painted 1 painting (I new wich were masterpieces so didn't finish painint that weren't masterpieces), and made 1 meal (after getting level 10 in cooking and using 3 perfect fish caught by her husband, she got a perfect dim sum the first time she made it). For growing a perfect plant I had my female sim have the gatherer trait together with the green tumbs and the LTR green tumbs (don't know exactly how it is called) and she only had to re-plant her original plant once. For working out for 6 hours, after getting level 8 or 9 I had her get onto the treadmill all rested, fed and happy and just let her run. I had to stop her after 7 hours because she still wasn't tired, but I made sure to keep a good eye on the clock, so I wouldn't stop before the 6 hours were finished. For the -40 moodlet I used the tired! moodlet. When sims get really tired, that red moodlet is worth -40. Also the very hungry moodlet is worth -40, so I could have used that one if I wanted to. The best friends requirement were easy, just trow a friendship potion at them (I used multiple friendship potions or one potent friendship potion for best friends, and just a normal friendship potion if I needed a friend). I had the most trouble with the best seller book, I only begin writing after she had gotten to level 9 or 10 with elixers, but still had to write 3 comics before I had the bestseller (all the books were worth > $100 in royalties/week). If anyone has any trics in how to be sure to get a best seller, I want to know!

I only took my two sims on a date in the middle of week 2 (when my male sims had his one day off at wednesday) and during that date, they also made sure to Woo Hoo in 5 different places (I had to end the date and went to the theater to be able to woo hoo there), but the other options were at home after the movie and dinner. With all the money I had a business and property wasn't a problem, and that was the same for the new house, the net worth and household funds. For the child to get on the honor roll, I tutored her to an A before school started, so the child got on the honor roll week 2, day 3. After she got home she aged up to teen and got tutered by her mom to an A so the teen would get on the honor roll at week 2, day 6 at 2 PM. As that was the last of the requirements done, that was also my end time.

Sorry for the long talk, but I wanted to share my strategy. I really enjoyed these challenges and am sorry they have come to an end. I am still not sure if I will be buying the sims 4 as I don't think my computer can handle it, but I will keep op playing the sims 3 with all these challenges in mind. I might even try to redo some of the challenges some day.

Femke82

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2014, 02:52:19 AM »
Great strategy, Femke! Yeah, that gatherer trait is a godsend for this challenge. Talking to plants was also essential.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2014, 02:58:49 AM »
Interesting read Femke, reading how you made your enemy reminded me I forgot to mention that about my sim, as soon as I read the rules for this challenge I knew I wanted sim A to be evil as you can just declare total strangers a nemesis after one mean interaction, fastest way I know of to make enemies without needing anything else such as elixirs.

I didn't even have to pick somebody he did that on his own in both practice and challenge, just sent him to the park and he went up and slapped a stranger both times, sometimes I love free will  ;D

My perfect plant was a lettuce, during my search for seeds I found an excellent lettuce seed so it didn't take much to bring it up to perfect. I used those to catch a perfect goldfish at the park and the rest to make autumn salad in my failed attempts at a perfect meal, in the end it was Sushi that worked for me.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2014, 05:00:15 AM »
For future reference, meals that require cooking are easier to make perfect, because the fridge and the stove score seem to somehow be additive.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2014, 10:14:07 AM »
I didn't think of using alchemy potions, but I'm sure if I had that it would make the challenge a lot easier. :) I liked reading your strategy, Femke82. Quite a few thingws I didn't think of.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2014, 05:18:50 PM »
I have got to try those skill elixirs.  Most stuff didn't take much of a high level though, just the painting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2014, 06:33:29 PM »
I discovered in this challenge I have for a long time been of the mistaken belief that level 8 painting gives masterpieces. On re-reading things, I discovered it was 9 and felt rather silly.

anything