Author Topic: House Hunters II  (Read 38253 times)

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
Re: House Hunters II
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2014, 05:27:25 PM »
Plan B didn't go over as well as I would have liked... >:(

Final Score: $1,078,658

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2014, 01:33:33 PM »
My small househunters solved the challenge with a total score of:

Total: 1.100.522

Second to last challenge, is it okay to be a little bit sad now?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »
Have a hug Lena I am a little bit sad to be saying farewell to the Sims 3 challenges too. We promise to work hard and bring you all some fantastic Sims 4 challenges.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2014, 01:40:11 PM »
I did not kill off sims to get my score. So I guess that can stay. I did not even know that was possible (or at least for this challenge, I know you are able to kill them). I was wondering why my score wasn't on the board anymore :P

edit: my score was 493,591 simoleons worth of houses

Offline susiesue

• Nooboo
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2014, 06:27:51 PM »
Loved this one, can't wait to share my tactics.....  Fred and Rose West racked up a tremendous total score of 2,304,690

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2014, 06:49:09 PM »
@susiesue — I sent you a PM. And stating what neighborhood you lived in and what address needs to come after an event.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2014, 12:16:03 PM »
My strategy didn't include killing any Sims, but still didn't work as planned, wonder if it was what some others also thought of and if it worked for anyone else, but that I will know later on, that is, when we share our strategies. Can't wait to hear everyone else's strategies!

My Sims, ended up living in a total worth of houses of $1,019,408
ˇPura vida!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2014, 04:34:07 PM »

My househunters ended up with a final score of $1,014,090
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2014, 06:53:45 PM »
I  can't wait to see how people managed some of these phenomenal scores.  Rollin and Lori Wheaton finished with 389,253.

Offline SIMantics101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2014, 09:41:21 PM »
Reggie, Rita, and Remax Realtor kept moving on up.  The total worth of their houses was a pretty disappointing $190,677.  Despite it not working out quite the way I planned, it was still an enjoyable challenge.  Congrats to the winners!  I can't wait to hear some of their strategies!  Thanks again to all the coordinators.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2014, 12:22:20 AM »
Finished this a while ago just didn't post my score up. Ops! My house total was $1,268,979! Pretty proud of myself on this one. This is the closest to the top I think I have ever been. Cant wait to share my stragegy and see if the ones above me at the same idea!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2014, 06:37:49 AM »
This event is now closed. Great job everyone. I am holding off on declaring a winner until susiesue can either PM the team or share in detail her strategy right in this thread . That's why I have not officially put her on the leaderboard — typically when someone posts a score that is so much higher than others I feel obligated to make sure all rules were followed. It's not that I automatically think someone is cheating, it's just to make sure rules were followed. So, I made note to her in this thread. I PM'd her, and I emailed her but no response yet.

Thanks for participating, everyone.

As far as my own strategy — well, since we canned the death strategy to get rich Sims out of their homes I tried the old pregnancy trick. But it just did not pan out. I got Nancy Landgraab, Vita Alto, Cornelia Goth, Morgana Wolff and Agnes "the Hagness" Crumplebottom all preggers but they never moved out. Ugh.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2014, 07:04:33 AM »
My trick was also pregnancy, from the old threads. It worked on Agnes and that was it. Sort of silly. Money making was done entirely by my six dogs, all with the Hunter trait. In testing the pregnancy trick only works about one time out of ten.

Offline bored1

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2014, 08:19:14 AM »
I didn't know anything about a pregnancy trick. My thing was genie lamps- both my sims earned enough points to buy one each, which netted me 600k (6 fortune wishes at 100k a piece). I had one cat and one dog constantly hunting, and two klepto witches. by the end of the second week I was checking twice a day waiting for the top houses to open up, which they never did.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2014, 08:26:46 AM »
Pregnancy never occured to me, I used William and Wiley my two Werewolf brothers from my life states dynasty so if it had I could have had little puppies running around town, might have been interesting.

Only one family ever moved in my tests and my game file, the Keatons, and they always timed it badly so I had already gone past their houses value  ::)

I'd like to thank Danielle for her spreadsheet she made for the Domination Dynasty, I looked at it to find the towns with the most empty houses at the start, out of those Sunset Valley had the most expensive ones so that is what I went with, my first test I had my two Werewolves and six dogs, it was chaos  ;D In the end I decided the boys were more than enough and money wasn't any problem, I just had them hunting all the time.

One of my practice runs the Keatons messed me up by moving into Capitola A just before I planned to and of course the value of their old house was below my current one, thankfully in my challenge file they moved into Cormorant after I moved out.

I'm interested to know how fast others moved about, I changed my tactics between practice and challenge slightly, in both I moved, got in the door of the new house and rang to move to the next one but I altered my timing a little for the final go.

Day one Sunday I moved straight off from Pre Fabulous to The Monotone to Shotgun Style then stayed there till Tuesday so they could hunt, once I had the money to move as far as possible I then did nine moves on that Tuesday getting me up to Cormorant, it's the same price as Condor Museum Lofts so they had an overnight stay to drop Cormorants value so I could move on to that and then straight to Pondcentric, I then stayed there until the final Saturday when they moved three more times to the remaining houses finishing up in Unabridged.

I maybe could have done it differently to lose less value off the houses I stayed in but I was worried somebody else might beat me to it, as it turned out story progression did nothing much at all apart from moving the Keaton family.

In any case it was a lot of fun and nice to be able to let William run free, a thing I daren't do in my dynasty in case I needed the collecting challenges.