Author Topic: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls  (Read 140059 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls
« Reply #435 on: April 14, 2013, 04:51:31 AM »
I've been meaning to read your story ever since I saw the dojo in The Bachelorette and fell in love with it (and Everette is also pretty, of course ;) ).  I've tried buiding in an oriental style once or twice but can never get it to work - epecially the pagoda roofs.  I love the way the dojo is actually quite a simple shape but looks more complex - and that gorgeous pond (pool?) in the middle.

I enjoyed reading about Samura and her descendants.  That meteor right at the beginning!  The start of a dynasty's crazy enough without that sort of bad luck.  Poor Annalove.  The variety of skin colours was just amazing (note to self: get around to playing with the rainbow sliders some time) and I liked their different characters and your humour - especially the desk-chaining comment :).  Now to find out what happened to Gwenyth...

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #436 on: April 15, 2013, 11:49:34 PM »
I've been meaning to read your story ever since I saw the dojo in The Bachelorette and fell in love with it (and Everette is also pretty, of course ;) ).  I've tried buiding in an oriental style once or twice but can never get it to work - epecially the pagoda roofs.  I love the way the dojo is actually quite a simple shape but looks more complex - and that gorgeous pond (pool?) in the middle.

I enjoyed reading about Samura and her descendants.  That meteor right at the beginning!  The start of a dynasty's crazy enough without that sort of bad luck.  Poor Annalove.  The variety of skin colours was just amazing (note to self: get around to playing with the rainbow sliders some time) and I liked their different characters and your humour - especially the desk-chaining comment :).  Now to find out what happened to Gwenyth...

Aw, thanks Hazlenut! That's quite a compliment seeing as I loved your house too. The Dojo house really was a simple build, just four two-story boxes, but it was fun to play in and always had great views due to so many windows and the pond.

I still feel bad about Annalove! She might be the only sim under my control to ever die an accidental death. Rainbow sliders are awesome to play with, and it's good to know the humour came through! I'm not sure that it's a strong suit with me. As for desk chaining, I supposed I have "The Secretary" to thank for that.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline olivia71295

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #437 on: June 09, 2013, 12:04:05 AM »
This was a great read! I'm glad I put down three hours and a library book to read this. Your family was so cute, and I loved how big the family got to be.

Offline MissWulfy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #438 on: November 22, 2013, 01:53:20 AM »
Just finished reading your Amazing story. Wow, I love all the rainbow sims ;D.
Did I mention I think your story is Amazing?

*off to read Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty*
I'm on fire, I'm a fighter. I'll forever be the last one standing.

Offline pugster101

• Supreme lover of pugs
  • Townie
« Reply #439 on: December 02, 2013, 04:50:35 PM »
I wonder what you'll do when Gwenyth's dynasty is complete, which shouldn't be too long. Maybe a life states dynasty?
The Outcast Immortal Dynasty: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18970.0.html
The Dreamer LS Speed Run: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18639.0.html

We're off to see the Metro, the wonderful Metro Of Man!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #440 on: December 02, 2013, 07:04:37 PM »
This was a great read! I'm glad I put down three hours and a library book to read this. Your family was so cute, and I loved how big the family got to be.

Aw, thank you! Keeping in touch with the extended family (and making ridiculous numbers of extra nooboos) was really one of the most fun parts of the dynasty. The family regularly threw parties down at the pub for the extended family.

Just finished reading your Amazing story. Wow, I love all the rainbow sims ;D.
Did I mention I think your story is Amazing?

*off to read Gwenyth's Dojo Dynasty*

Thanks! I really fell in love with the rainbow sims, too. I think I have Ratchie to thank for that! Playing in Union Cove with her blue sims is what got me into it all. Hope you enjoy Gwenyth's story as well!

I wonder what you'll do when Gwenyth's dynasty is complete, which shouldn't be too long. Maybe a life states dynasty?

I'm planning on doing a legacy, actually. I'm working on an absolutely epic legacy mansion (there are some pictures of it recently posted on The Bachelorette that will later be posted in Gwenyth's dynasty if you're curious). There's so much in the sims that I still haven't done, so I'd like to do sort of a completionist legacy: play with all traits, all life stages, fulfill all lifetime wishes, max all careers, skills, etc. similar to what rarespawn is doing with her Blackwell Legacy.

Offline Jocboos

• blanket bundle
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes I really am a twin. Other twin: audbooh
« Reply #441 on: February 01, 2014, 10:42:45 PM »
Grim's butt i'm afraid is going to be sore after I kick his butt for not letting Carmen go. Good luck Gwenyth! Good iimmortal dynasty too.
"You were fantastic, and you know what? So was I." - The 9th Doctor

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #442 on: February 11, 2014, 04:21:18 PM »

Here's the image, by the way, from my first dynasty attempt:

Okay, so I was re-reading this today, and I noticed this pic; holy cow!!  Are you sure it's from your first attempt, and not from Gwyneth's dynasty?! That looks waaaayy too much like Nora and Weston........  :o

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #443 on: February 11, 2014, 07:56:28 PM »

Hm, that's absolutely from Gwenyth's dynasty. I deleted an old folder of screenshots, maybe that somehow automatically replaced one somewhere? Do you recall what page this was on?

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #444 on: February 11, 2014, 08:00:05 PM »
Hm, that's absolutely from Gwenyth's dynasty. I deleted an old folder of screenshots, maybe that somehow automatically replaced one somewhere? Do you recall what page this was on?

It's on page 9. I have found that if you delete old screenshots and new screenshots have that same number, then they will replace them. My older Dynasties suffer from that problem, too.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #445 on: February 11, 2014, 08:03:11 PM »

Haha! Oh no! The deleted screenshot was my "sim pees on her own baby" screenshot from my first dynasty attempt with Fred Gilbert! I got good laughs out of that for a long time. Well, at least it wasn't a story screenshot.  ::) I've modified the post to remove the image so it's not confusing.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #446 on: February 11, 2014, 08:24:54 PM »
Haha! Oh no! The deleted screenshot was my "sim pees on her own baby" screenshot from my first dynasty attempt with Fred Gilbert! I got good laughs out of that for a long time. Well, at least it wasn't a story screenshot.  ::) I've modified the post to remove the image so it's not confusing.

Oh, okay. Lol, I was wondering how you got the midnight hollow stuff way before it came out.....heh.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #447 on: May 23, 2014, 05:45:43 AM »
One word: WOW! I really enjoyed this... Took me most of last night and 'til almost noon today to finish it but I am so glad I did... I can't believe how many wonderful writers are on this forum! Definitely going to read the others... Congrats and sorry for reviving the thread but I just had to say all this!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*