Author Topic: The Sakura Immortals: Epilogue- Looking to the Future (Oct 10)- COMPLETE  (Read 59320 times)

Offline jrmann2013

• Nooboo
Ohh Rena is so sweet! She has a really wise look about her. It looks like your first generation is doing really, really well!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Great start so far! Wow, talk about cutting it close with the ice sculptures! Rena is adorable, and her eyes are gorgeous. I can't wait to read more!

I was so happy that Hiller was able to complete his 25 sculptures in time.  I missed out in my first dynasty in getting my founder's YA sculpture, so that was kind of a goal of mine to get Haiiro's this time around.

It's always good to get money trees so early in the family.
Rena is sooo cute!!! Hooray for the money trees!

I saw the money trees in the garden and I was estatic!  If only I could grow those in real life...

Ohh Rena is so sweet! She has a really wise look about her. It looks like your first generation is doing really, really well!

Rena really does have a look of wisdom about her.  I was planning on portraying her as a level-headed and family-oriented person, so I can throw in some wisdom in there as well  ;)

Chapter 4-They Grow Up So Fast

Before we knew it, it was time for Rena's child birthday.  Hiller, again, beat me to Rena's crib and carried her to the birthday cake.

She aged up into a beautiful little girl, if I do say so myself.

One of the birthday presents that Hiller and I bought for Rena was an easel.  She spent the remainder of her birthday dabbling in the arts.

In other news, we finally had enough money to hire a maid to help keep the place tidy.  This maid is extra impressive because he can clean the kitchen table through the bathroom wall.

Rena spent majority of her childhood days at her easel.  She is quite talented, don't you think?

She only took a break from her easel to go to school, where she got on the Honor Roll, or to eat or sleep.  Rena got an opportunity from school to go out and collect some insects for a scavenger hunt. 

After her opportunity, it was right back to the easel.  Rena managed to get to the level where she could paint portraits.  I was sure to have her paint Hiller's portrait.  It would be placed in our Immortal Museum so a piece of my loving husband would be around for all eternity.

Just as quick as her child birthday arrived, Rena's teenage birthday arrived even faster.  Hiller was a little saddened at the fact that his little girl did not need to be carried to the cake anymore.

Here is Rena in her new teenage outfit:

Now a teenager, Rena was able to join her father in the art studio, where she promptly began learning the sculpting skill.

While Hiller and Rena worked on their sculptures and paintings, I continued to work on my Dynasty requirements.  Here I am leaving work after I got my final promotion and became a Celebrated 5 Star Chef!

Rena kept up her good grades as a teenager and decided to join the Art Club at school. 

She also went to Prom, where she had a great time.  Rena was even voted Prom Queen!

Hiller, meanwhile, continued to work on his skills.  He had already completed the painting and sculpting skills and now had to finishing his fishing skill, which would also complete his Lifetime Wish.

He was in the middle of fishing when the sparkles hit him, reminding him that it was his Elder birthday.  Hiller didn't seem to mind.

And as a special birthday gift, Hiller caught his first Deathfish!  I now had Deathfish and Life Fruit, the two key ingredients to make the Ambrosia to make me immortal.  Now all I had to do was learn the recipe.

A few days later, it was time for my Elder birthday.  I had been working on my painting skill, just in case Hiller was unable to paint Rena's for the museum, when the sparkles hit me.  Rena was there to celebrate my becoming an Elder.  She was far happier than I was about the whole ordeal.

I felt better after I updated my wardrobe:

Hiller then sculpted and painted my Elder pieces for the museum.  Another Dynasty requirement checked off my list.

Then, it was on to learn the Ambrosia recipe.  For some reason, I decided that Rena's room was the best place to do it.

I now knew the recipe to become Immortal, but I was not done yet.  I still needed to complete some of my Dynasty requirements.  I headed to the kitchen to cook some more meals and managed to finish my last skill challenge for my supermax. 

All I had left after my supermax was to complete one more opportunity and then I could join my ancestors in Immortality.  Hopefully that last opportunity would arrive before it was too late.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
Can I borrow your supermaid? I'd love to have one ;)
Rena is gorgeous and very talented.
Good luck with that last opportunity, hopefully it'll be there on time :D
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Can I borrow your supermaid? I'd love to have one
Rena is gorgeous and very talented.
Good luck with that last opportunity, hopefully it'll be there on time

That maid was actually the best one that showed up at the house.  All the later ones just play on the computer or take photos of the family because they are celebrities  ???  I miss that guy...

Chapter 5- Falafel Portfolio

Rena worked tirelessly throughout her teenage years to reach 25 ice sculptures so she could sculpt Hiller for the Immortal museum.  She finally made it as her teenage years were winding down.

And before we knew it, her Young Adult birthday was right around the corner.

Here is my beautiful little girl...er, young lady, all grown up.

After Rena's birthday, I received a phone call with my last opportunity.  I had to prepare some falafel and bring the serving to work.  I jumped at the opportunity...until I realized that I did not have the falafel recipe.  So, it was off to Egypt. 

I headed immediately to the market to purchase the falafel recipe book.  I also picked up the Shawarma recipe while I was here.  Might as well add some more weapons to my cooking arsenal.  Books in hand, Rena and I decided to enjoy the scenery.  Where was Hiller?  Well, he decided to brave the tombs and take on some adventures.

Our days in Egypt went by quickly and before we knew it, it was time to return home.  Rena had talked to me as we were sightseeing around Al Simhara about this one boy she had been friends with in high school.  It seems that he had aged up around the time that she did and she thought she might like to ask him over to the house sometime.  I immediately agreed and she called up her good friend Marcos Butts upon our return.  It appears that the high school friendship was about to blossom into something more (or so I hoped).

Hiller and I were thrilled to see (we were "supervising" through the window) Rena and Marcos take the next step in their relationship.

He said yes!

Marcos joined the household and, being an artsy type like Rena, wanted to immediately update his attire.

Marcos wants to be a Master of the Arts, so he will be spending a lot of time with Rena and Hiller in the art studio.  He is Family Oriented, Perfectionist, Green Thumb, Charismatic and Artistic. 

Since were going to have many more weddings as the generations went on, I decided that we should build some sort of wedding area for the family to use.  It turned out quite lovely, if I do say so myself.  I was sure to include cherry blossoms behind the wedding arch, since it is our namesake (Sakura means cherry blossom/cherry tree-it is my favorite flower).

Rena and Marcos were the first ones to use our new wedding area.

Following the wedding, Hiller and I remodeled the house because we wanted grandchildren because we needed more space with more people in the household.  Here is our new house:

Can anyone guess what that empty room is for ? ;)

Kitchen/Dining Room (I am actually very pleased with how it turned out!)

Art Studio

Hiller's and my bedroom on the left (the blue/grey).  Marcos' and Rena's bedroom on the right (the red).

The living room and the hallway that leads to the art studio and bedrooms

The bathroom (which used to be Rena's old room)

And to end this update, here is a shot of the happy couple celebrating their wedding night.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
Congrats to the happy couple, hopefully there will be a nooboo time soon ;) The house looks amazing :D

Offline AnnaSimmery1234

• Llama Wrangler
I just want to tell you that I am so impressed with you! You've already finished one dynasty, and you started another one with the ninth generation! Your progressing so well, you're already at second generation's wedding! Good luck finishing with this second dynasty!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Congrats to the happy couple, hopefully there will be a nooboo time soon  The house looks amazing

Thanks!  The nooboo shall be making an appearance soon  :)

I just want to tell you that I am so impressed with you! You've already finished one dynasty, and you started another one with the ninth generation! Your progressing so well, you're already at second generation's wedding! Good luck finishing with this second dynasty!

Thank you so much for your kind words!  I am actually a lot further in game, so I am able to post the story pretty quickly.  I am having a lot of fun with this dynasty because it is interesting to see how the genetics progress.  Plus, at the end, my original founder will have 15 descendents, which is pretty cool.  The generation I am currently working toward immortality with actually looks a lot like one of the generations from the original eight, which is awesome.  I'll post a comparison of the two when we get there, but that won't be for a bit  ;)

Chapter 6- Rena Takes Over

With the completion of my last opportunity, I was ready to prepare my first Ambrosia and join my family in immortality.  I gathered my life fruit and the deathfish that Hiller caught and headed to the kitchen.  In a few minutes, I had my divine meal.  The words from my Grandma's Immortal Dynasty book floated through my mind as I ate. 

The Founder will lead to Heir 1, then Heir 1 to Heir 2
While life may seem to be moving quickly, there is still much work to do
It is at this time the Founder should be ready to taste the meal from the heavens
And pass on the torch to the remaining seven

My work was done.  As per the rules, it was now time for me to pass the torch to my daughter, Rena.  I also decided that I would pass on this notebook, in which we are recording our journey, for Rena to begin to fill it with her own experiences in the road to immortality.

Signing off,

Haiiro Sakura

Founder- The First Immortal

Name: Haiiro Sakura
Lifetime Wish: The Culinary Librarian
Career: Culinary
Supermax Skill: Cooking
Other Skills*: Gardening, Logic (*More may be added)
Building: Sakura Family Bookstore & Coffee
Property: Cherry Tree Beach
3 Lifetime Rewards: Discount Diner, No Bills Ever, Super Green Thumb
6 Opportunities:

New High Quality Ingredients
Uncommonly Good
Spying on the Cuisine
A Catering Fracas
Grape Aid
Falafel Portfolio

6 Best Friends:

Zac Whipsnake
Benjamin Schmidt
Juanita Blanco
Hiller Flint
Alaina Shepherd
Hailey Shepherd

Traits: Bookworm, Genius, Good, Natural Cook, Workaholic
Favorite Color: Turquoise
Immortality Reached at Age: 80

Hello everyone.  My name is Kurenai Sakura, but everyone calls me Rena.  My mother recently completed her goal of becoming an immortal, just like her, well, our family in Twinbrook.  It was now my turn to take on the responsibility of the requirements to join her in immortality.  She also gave me this notebook for me to record what's going on in our lives as I work toward completing my requirements.  I've always been more of the strong, silent type, but I will do my best to record my thoughts and feelings as I take on the responsibility of the title of current heir.

I guess I'll start off with my graduation.  My husband apparently found my graduation robes very attractive... 

I graduated as the Class Valedictorian and was voted Most Artistic by my classmates.  They were spot on.  After the ceremony was over, my darling husband, Marcos, was there to congratulate me.

Since I was out of school, I turned my focus to my job as a self-employed sculptor.  I had been working as a sculptor since I was a teenager and was progressing up the ranks.  Apparently, some people were pretty impressed with my abilities and I was invited back to City Hall to receive a service award for sculpting.

Marcos and I spent majority of our time in the art studio together.  I was working on my painting and sculpting skills not only for my requirements, but to take over as the family artist for the dynasty when my father was no longer with us.  Not that he was going anywhere anytime soon, mind you.  Marcos was also preparing to take care of my immortal pieces by learning the painting and sculpting skills. 

What were my parents doing while my husband and I were skilling?  They were enjoying their golden years together.

I completed my supermax a short time later.  Marcos and I celebrated together as he also completed his painting skill, which was one of the skills he needed for his lifetime wish.  We took the rest of the night off to celebrate.

For Marcos, it was now on to the race to reach 25 sculptures.  For me, it was a race to the bathroom as I suddenly felt sick.

But it was for a great reason.  Marcos and I were going to be parents!

I told Marcos the news and he was thrilled!  He wants a girl, but I want a boy.  My mom said that she was correct last time and is excited to see if I will be right like she was.  Boy or girl, I know we will all be happy either way.

I was very happy that I had the luxury of being a self-employed artist, so I could spend most of the day comfortably in my pajamas in the art studio alongside my husband.  Everything was pretty tranquil and calm until one night when we got an unexpected visitor.

Thankfully the cops in Appaloosa Plains have some pretty awesome butt-kicking skills.

I guess our nooboo wanted to join into all of the excitement going on that night.  Marcos quickly wisked me to the hospital as the pains hit me to bring him or her into the world.

It appears that the moms are 2/2 in predicting the genders of their nooboos.  I am very happy to introduce my little boy, Daidaiiro Sakura (daidaiiro is a yellowish orange).  We've decided to call him "DD" for short.

DD was doted on since the moment we brought him home.  There is never a short supply of care or love for that beautiful little boy.

While DD was asleep in his crib, I managed to continue working on my skills.  My Lifetime Wish is to be a Renaissance Sim, just like my Dad, so I want to max out three different skills.  I have already completed the sculpting skill and am now able to check the painting skill off my list.

Two skills down, one to go.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Wow this is great! Good luck! I'm sure you will get your 8 new immortals!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
Welcome baby DD, I love how colorful his nursery is! And congrats on your 1st immortal(9th, actually :P)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Welcome baby DD, I love how colorful his nursery is! And congrats on your 1st immortal(9th, actually )

I forget that Haiiro is actually my 9th immortal too :)

Wow this is great! Good luck! I'm sure you will get your 8 new immortals!

Aww!  Thanks so much! 

Chapter 7- Grandpa Hiller

DD's baby days flew by and it was time for him to grow up into a toddler.  My parents raced each other to see who would get to bring my little boy to the cake.  Apparently, ambrosia gave my Mom super-sim speed or something like that because she victoriously strolled into the kitchen with my son in her arms.

DD grew up with my Dad's hair and my Mom's eyes.

My Mom, Marcos and I agreed that we would allow my Dad to take over most of the nooboo training duties.  We did not know how long he had left, so we all wanted him to have as much time as he could with his grandson.

My Dad was sure to tell him about some important roles in the Dynasty.

And he was always sure to tell him how much he loved him.

While DD was working on his skills, Marcos had his Adult birthday.

He and I celebrated his birthday in the art studio, just the two of us.

And no nooboo stage would be complete without the obligatory Attack of the Claw photo.

Soon it was time for my sweet little boy to grow up again.  Mom, once again, beat Dad to DD to bring him to the cake.

The sparkles hit...

...and suddenly my little boy wasn't so little anymore.

That same day, I aged up to an Adult.

Before his birthday was over, Dad wanted to take DD out to Cinnamon Crest Falls to go fishing together (in their pajamas, oddly enough).  Now that DD was older, I wasn't quite sure how to tell him about the Dynasty requirements.  I mean, how do you tell a child that he needs to do a bunch of things and make a bunch of friends in order to become immortal?  Dad said that he would talk to DD about it. 

It appears to have gone over well.

I was very relieved when Dad and DD came home from their fishing trip and DD happily proclaimed "leave it to me, Mom!" and that he would take care of his Dynasty requirements.  I never doubted my little boy for a second, but I felt so much better hearing him willingly accept his fate.  Marcos and I returned to the art studio to take care of our own Dynasty requirements.  Marcos painted my Adult portrait and I painted DD's child portrait.

Finally, now that DD was a child, he was able to attend school.  He loved all things science and educational, so he was pretty happy.  Marcos and I agreed to let him join the Scouts afterschool activity.  DD proudly showed off the badges he earned to Grandpa Hiller.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
Oh, I love DD so much! He and his grandpa have the cutest relationship

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
We have reached 500 views for this story! *throws confetti*  Thanks for reading everyone!  I had Haiiro bake you all some cookies to say thanks:)

I'm looking forward to reading your comments as we progress toward our next immortal!  When we reach 1000 views, I'll have Haiiro bake something even better  ;)  Suggestions are welcome.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Have her make a roast turkey or something next time.

Congrats on the 500 pageviews! And here's to many more. I like this story. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Oh, I love DD so much! He and his grandpa have the cutest relationship

DD actually has a really good relationship with Rena too.  In game, she is always autonomously talking/hugging him and vice versa.  He is a momma's boy for sure  ;)

Chapter 8- Sunny Days Ahead

DD spent most of his childhood learning or fishing.

He managed to catch a frog that was almost as big as he was.

DD also spent a lot of time with a friend of his.  None of us knew who this friend was, but DD seemed pretty happy and that's all that matters.

Marcos maxed his painting skill and now began to work on his guitar skill to complete his Lifetime Wish.

I maxed my sculpting career and checked another requirement off of my list.  I was able to join Marcos in learning the guitar, which would be my final skill for my own Lifetime Wish.

It was time for DD's birthday again.  He seemed pretty excited to be growing up into a handsome young man.

I think he looks quite a lot like his father.

After his birthday party, the three of us headed to the art studio to take care of DD's museum pieces.

While Marcos and I finished up in the art studio, DD spent some time on the town, enjoying his new birthday present: his bright orange sports car.  We had enough money in the household to get some fancy new wheels for all of the heirs  ;)

I loved my little boy dearly and did not want to rush things, but I had to think of the future for the sake of the dynasty.  I got concerned when DD told me that there were no girls in his school.  Not a single one.  I didn't know what to do about this, so I talked to my Mom and see what she thought.  My Mom went and talked to DD about something but I'm not entirely sure what because as soon as they were done, she headed to the potion table we had out back and started fiddling around with some chemicals.

We asked what she was doing, but my Mom just mumbled something before either returning to her work or running into the house while covered in ashes and soot.

My Mom, however, did seem to be making progress.

We all jumped when we heard her shout "Eureka!" from on the patio.  We thought she might have been on fire again, but thankfully not.

Mom rushed to find DD to give him what she had created.  DD was very happy. 

DD turned and gave the potion to his friend.  We were surprised to learn that his friend was actually a girl.  Her name was Sunny.

I could only imagine what DD was thinking while his best friend suddenly came to life.

The purple swirls and bubbles subsided and suddenly a sweet little girl stood in our living room.  DD was pleased to introduce Sunny to the family.

Sunny has some beautiful features.  I could only hope that their child gets some of those...but I better stop my wishful thinking before I embarrass DD too badly...

Her favorite color is purple.  She was a Loner, Inappropriate, Light Sleeper and Frugal.  Not the best traits, but we all love Sunny regardless.  Especially when we found out exactly how much she meant to DD.

He asked Sunny if they could make it official.  She said yes.

With Sunny's arrival-I guess you could call it that-DD volunteered to share his room.  They split it right down the middle but kept it as colorful as before.

Author's Note: As I mentioned before, daidaiiro is a yellowish orange color.  For his imaginary friend, I wanted to give her a bright, orangey or yellowish name, so I went with Sunny.  I was going to have Sunny come into the story only if necessary but there were absolutely no girls in school!  Poor DD!  So, Sunny got to become real.  Except...I realized that together their names are Sunny D.  For those who don't know, Sunny D is like an orange juice type drink.  >_<  Whoops. 

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
OMG, those eyes are just perfect, I'm actually kinda glad there were no girls in DD's school :)

anything