Author Topic: Through The Lens of a Hikon Gladiator - Updated 27/06/14  (Read 895 times)

Offline Eiira

• Llama Wrangler
Through The Lens of a Hikon Gladiator - Updated 27/06/14
« on: June 23, 2014, 06:34:36 PM »

ZoŽ Loretta rubbed her neck as she watched the taxi disappear behind the curvature of the hill. The road seemed to dance before her eyes as heat waves rose up from the asphalt like dancing bodies in a nightclub. It was hotter in Evansdale than ZoŽ had expected and she was happy to have packed some shorts. The summer's in Evansdale were short but ZoŽ didn't mind, she was actually looking forward to autumn and the winter that would follow it. They didn't get any seasons back home in Lucky Palms.

She turned her back on the road and slowly trodded into the air-conditioned lobby of the 15-story apartment building where she'd rented a shoebox on the 12th floor. It wasn't big, nor did it have that sea-side view, but ZoŽ was giddy with excitement none the less. This had been her dream for as long as she could remember, to move to a big city on the coast and pursue her one true passion; photography.

As the elevator doors let out their characteristic ding to let her in, ZoŽ felt a rush of adrenaline coursing through her. This was it. This was her dream. And she could finally start living it.

ZoŽ Loretta: (all random)
Easily Impressed
Inappropriate
Irresistable
Loves the Cold
Photographer's Eye

Lifetime Wish: World Class Gallery

Author's Note: After /graveyarding my Bellerose Immortal Dynasty I was so sad that I had to get my new project on the road. Less time taking screenshots, less time writing, more playing. All of ZoŽ traits and other attributes are random - the lifetime wish was chosen from the 4 that were prompted and that is how I choose a direction for her story. I'm playing her in Evansdale County so I can enjoy the content of all the expansions on a long lifespan. I only have store stuff in my game atm and a little bit of CAS / Pattern CC, apart from that I am going for pure and lag-free!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
Re: Through The Lens of a Hikon Gladiator
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 06:43:35 PM »
Well, you sure got this out quickly!

Can;t wait to see ZoŽ's adventures. :D
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 03:30:22 PM »
Oh, ZoŽ is really pretty - same goes for your screenshots. You got some lovely angles there - nice :)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 05:43:58 PM »
This sounds interesting.   :)  I'll be reading.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Eiira

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 03:11:08 PM »
Well, you sure got this out quickly!

Can't wait to see ZoŽ's adventures. :D

Thanks Trip! Like I said before, I just had to get started on something new after I had to conclude that my Dynasty required more time than I can put in atm.

Good luck with your new project :)

Thank you Malley!

Oh, ZoŽ is really pretty - same goes for your screenshots. You got some lovely angles there - nice :)

ZoŽ is very flattered by that comment notjustabook (and so am I). I actually used an existing EA sim as a basis for ZoŽ, though I think I changed so much no one can tell which anymore.

This sounds interesting.   :)  I'll be reading.

Thank you Magz, I hope you will enjoy the read! I'm going for picture-telling with a little side-story. Smaller updates but more frequently I hope!

Offline Eiira

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 03:32:13 PM »

"Mine. All mine," ZoŽ whispered softly to herself as she rested her weight against the floor-to-ceiling windows of her small bedroom.

She had never had her own place before or lived on her own, for that matter. Her parents had pleaded with her to reconsider the move to Evansdale. Lucky Palms had its own community college, didn't some of her friends plan on going there? A big city on the other side of the country was no place for an 18 year old girl. Maybe after college, when she had saved up a little more money, maybe that was a better time to go.

They had been right, of course, ZoŽ had to concede. A glance out of her window was all she needed to be reminded of the fact that she had not picked the easy road. Still, she had never been happier than right here, looking down into that dumpster filled concrete jungle full of cigarette buds and dog poop.

ZoŽ had spend most of the afternoon cleaning the appartment and the furniture that came with it and then unpacking her own things. It wasn't all that much, four boxes total, but it made the place look a little more like home. She had brought mostly knicknacks and clothing and a few books. Her most valuable items were her coffee machine, the laptop her parents had given her as a farewell present - to stay in touch - and the Hikon camera she'd bought when she was 14.

She felt grimy after all the work but a real shower would have to wait. She was going to explore the town, snap some shots while the sun was still up. First she would have to email her parents that she had settlement in though. That would make them happy, she thought to herself, just as long as she didn't mention the dumpster view.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
Re: Through The Lens of a Hikon Gladiator - Updated 27/06/14
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 04:13:01 PM »
ZoŽ is very flattered by that comment notjustabook (and so am I). I actually used an existing EA sim as a basis for ZoŽ, though I think I changed so much no one can tell which anymore.

I do that as well, or base them on my own saved sims from legacies and the likes - I always find it makes for really interesting sims :)

Now, onto the new update: your start was already great but now I'm really seeing your unique take on this. It's ver interesting!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Through The Lens of a Hikon Gladiator - Updated 27/06/14
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 05:52:30 PM »
This story has been locked and moved to the Stories Graveyard, due to it not being updated or
posted to in over 6 months. The author can revive it at any time by contacting a moderator.

As per story rules, Stories can be moved to the Stories Graveyard if they are older than 6 months

Topic: READ THIS FIRST - Rules for Stories
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,5546.0.html

Locked and moved by: MrsFlynn -- Dec.02.2014
New Members, Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything