Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 130332 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2014, 10:22:56 PM »
Nutella, where does it say that you can't add buildings from Into the Future in your town? I was under the impression that anything in the bin could be added.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2014, 10:39:35 PM »
Remember there are still general restriction on edit town, example you can't add "into the future" buildings into your town, you can't delete any of the town original buildings, etc.  If you know what is your plan for edit town, you can post it here so we all can check to see if you are doing anything wrong.

I'm confused about not being able to delete one of the the original buildings.  It says

Edit Town

Next, you are allowed to take up to 5 lots in your neighborhood and do whatever you want with them — convert residential to commercial, put in missing lots such as the elixir shop, change 2 small lots to one large lot, whatever it is you want to do. But, 5 lots is the limit.

If I want to delete a building and replace it with something else, why would I not be able to do that as one of my 5 lot changes?  In my case, I want to delete the Equestrian building in Moonlight Falls because I don't really like that career, and there's no horse training lot, so I'd have to add that as one of my five, which I don't want to do.  But I want to do the Showtime careers, so I want to replace the Equestrian building with a building where my magician, singer and acrobat can perform.  I don't understand why that wouldn't fit within "do whatever you want with them." 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2014, 10:41:50 PM »
Do the CAS alien have alien powers (like brain powers)?

As for the small parks in moonlight falls, you need to change the lot designation to -- Hangout, Beach, Big Park or Cat/Dog Park.  This way you can purchase those lot as property instead of just those small parks sitting there in your town doing nothing.

Moonlight Falls

41 N Falls Ave
    71 N Falls Ave
    96 Horseshoe Bend
    99 Horseshoe Bend
    149 Horseshoe Bend
    205 Valley View Drive
    206 Valley View Drive
    270 Valley View Drive
    302 Knott Street
    305 Knott Street
    Moonlight Point
    Playful Park
    Zoomsweeper Test Track

Thank you for posting this.  I didn't realize this was an option.  I thought I had to change all those small parks to residential lots and put houses on them.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2014, 11:45:30 PM »
Nutella, where does it say that you can't add buildings from Into the Future in your town? I was under the impression that anything in the bin could be added.

I was just looking at edit town and it does not mentioned anything about "into the future" buildings.  I will check with Metro and the team regarding adding the future buildings to your town.

On 3/12/2013, the following rule change was made:

The following lots are the only lots allowed to be placed from a vacation world into a homeworld:  Phoenix Martial Arts Academy,  The Scholar's Garden,  Champ Les Sims Nectary, Keith's Komics, B's Bowlarama, The Grotto and Roasted Toasted Beans Coffee Shop.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2014, 11:48:20 PM »
I'm confused about not being able to delete one of the the original buildings.

I am thinking more on the line of you can't delete the town's ORIGINAL community lot, like the library, city hall, etc.  Equestrian is not original community lot, so I don't see any problem in moving or deleting it.  Again I'll check with Metro and the team regarding this.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2014, 04:20:20 AM »
It was also mentioned in the workbench thread that this dynasty didnt fall under the edit town rules established for the other dynasty challenges.  I would even take to mean you dont just change the lot type in MF...I interpret it to mean you have to change to residential and put houses on.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2014, 05:20:38 AM »
Do the CAS alien have alien powers (like brain powers)?

I read somewhere in one of the dynasty thread that aliens have advantages to advanced tech skill, I think it was the lifestate dynasty.  Aliens are actually banned from doing advanced tech skill challenge in life state dynasty, there must be a reason somewhere, I just can't find it.  :(

That might have been me who mentioned that, I do remember pointing out they should have been added to the ruleset like mermaids as they come with level 10 advanced tech, I have an alien from abduction I kept and he got level 10 advanced tech on teen age up, I didn't play with him long enough to test all his abilities, I did however save him to the bin so I could see what happens in a new game, also be interesting to see what happens with any children he has.

I'll report back later.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2014, 06:32:20 AM »
I was really hoping that the Edit Town 5 lot rule would simplify things. I guess not. :( Guys, look...you have 5 lots you can change. It does not matter what you change. It can be anything — even a ITF building. I mean who cares? If someone wants to reduce their time by not traveling to the future, that's fine. This is not hard core competition with a world ranking like the Tournament.

But, you can only change 5 lots. Period. Everything has to be filled up in your town -- you look at all auto placed lots, everything, and then you can change 5 things.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2014, 06:38:22 AM »
Okay aliens in CAS, when I loaded him up it showed as human so I wasn't sure what would happen in game but he had all his usual alien powers plus brain power instead of energy.

Like any sim from CAS he had no skills, I also made him a human wife while I was in there and had them try for baby, the child looks alien but with mums features and became a full alien when he grew to teen, same powers as dad but no instant advanced tech skill. Perhaps the instant skill only happens to abduction babies not natural birth babies.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2014, 08:19:41 AM »
Can the 5 lots changed all have the same thing placed on them?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2014, 08:27:14 AM »
My apologies, I was under the impression that dynasty edit town rules still apply, which is incorrect.  For this dynasty, forget about ALL the edit town rules, you have 5 lots changes, do whatever you want with them.

Still waiting on Metro regarding the small park situation.

Can the 5 lots changed all have the same thing placed on them?
Yes.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2014, 08:33:04 AM »
It's okay, Nutella. No apology necessary. I truly am trying to make things easier with this Dynasty and I hope in the long run it is. Thank you to you and Trip for answering lots of questions when I am not around. It is greatly appreciated.

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2014, 08:39:58 AM »
So, if we wanted to, we could replace the combo City Hall/Police Station/Military Base in Moonlight Falls and replace it with the City Hall from Sunset Valley?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2014, 08:46:11 AM »
So, if we wanted to, we could replace the combo City Hall/Police Station/Military Base in Moonlight Falls and replace it with the City Hall from Sunset Valley?

For this dynasty, yes. 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2014, 10:08:08 AM »
Rules Modification:

Small parks & undesignated lots would need their lot designation changed to one of these four choices only: Hangout, Beach, Big Park or Cat/Dog Park.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With this change, drones can purchase these lots as property and use them for the moving requirement.

If you change the lot from small park to residential and put houses in, that would count as 1 lot change.
If you bulldoze the small park and put houses in, that would count as 1 lot change.
If you change the lot from small park to commercial and put building in, that would count as 1 lot change.

Basically all these lots are consider properties and if you make any changes to it you uses up your allotted 5 lot changes.

Sorry if this causes any inconvenience and some players might have to start over again?  :'(

anything