Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 129365 times)

Offline callycat

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2014, 01:20:16 PM »
Congrats Callycat...what town did you play in?  Just curious as it only 14 weeks.

Aurora Skies. It's not too bad, though it's not the one requiring the fewest drones either. I went with the one I really wanted to use, because I had a green and purple founder and I thought they'd like the colourful houses there  :)
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #166 on: July 14, 2014, 01:23:26 PM »
Regarding graduations:  I just don't let them go.  As soon as they drop everything to attend graduation, I pause the game, flip around to everyone cancelling their "waiting for graduates" or "attend graduation" action.  For the sims not graduating, I queue up a change outfit, and whatever it is I want them to do, and then go on to the next one.  For the sim(s) graduating, I just cancel the go to graduation action.  Once everyone's "waiting for graduates" or "attend graduation" is canceled, I go back to the one (or one of the ones) graduating and start the game on the slowest speed.  That sim will change into graduation robes, throw confetti, and wave a diploma, but that takes less time than the hoopla of a birthday party, and then I can change their clothes and put them back to work.   :D  If there's more than one graduating, I just do that with all of them. 

It's still disruptive, but not as bad as if they actually went to graduation.  Of course, they still miss a day of work, so I try to have the whole generation graduate at once.  It takes full micro-management for a short period on graduation day to get them all cancelled, out of their graduation robes, and back to what I want them to do, but at least it's all concentrated in one day.

I couldn't cancel any of the graduates, though occasionally the other family members could be cancelled. I'll try queuing up other actions next time. The main nuisance was them dropping what they were doing and the day off, and I don't think I once managed to get them all to graduate on the same day. Player ineptness completely at fault, really  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2014, 01:26:23 PM »
Congrats, callycat *gives you a big Hall of Fame round of applause* :)

Thank you, it's nice to finally complete one of these! I have renewed determination to get to the end of the Life States one now :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2014, 04:27:31 PM »
Callycat - Did you use the multitab? Idon't have that, but if you didn't use it, do you have any suggestions for getting those stubborn youngsters up to level 10 in their skill. I can use all the help I can get.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2014, 04:49:05 PM »
Callycat - Did you use the multitab? Idon't have that, but if you didn't use it, do you have any suggestions for getting those stubborn youngsters up to level 10 in their skill. I can use all the help I can get.

I did use the multitab, but most of the help came from the Supernatural expansion with a bit from University Life. Almost all of them used the guitar skill no matter what career they were going to take because it's an easy indoor skill that doesn't need much management once they get started.  Artistic and Virtuoso both increase it faster according to the descriptions, and I had one of the founders have protests to help increase it quickly as well - I usually did this right after the first set of graduations for the week since they were all in the right place at City Hall. I made sure they could change traits (to Virtuoso and Artistic plus Workaholic if they were going to need it to get promoted quickly) and get any rewards that would help by using combinations of wish enhancing potions, protests, Orb of Answers, midas touch and easy to complete LTWs. 

Hopefully something in there will help you come up with a plan for your drones! I'm sure people have specific tips for other skills too, there might be a better one to pick than guitar.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2014, 05:11:51 PM »
I don't have UL, but I have been using wish enhancing elixirs and getting them fast learner ASAP. I hadn't thought of the Orb of Answers, so thanks for that suggestion. Living in the Lap of Luxury is my go to LTW. You're right about traits and chosen skill though, level 2 in a career is so easy to reach that they don't really matter.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2014, 05:24:39 PM »
You're right about traits and chosen skill though, level 2 in a career is so easy to reach that they don't really matter.

Yep, it's pretty funny though, really. "Like the rest of my family I am an expert, amazingly proficient guitarist! Now, where do I sign up to become a Scuba Diver?"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline aiste

• Nooboo
« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2014, 02:33:26 AM »
Hi everyone. I am new in Sims 3 challenges. I have one question: what are you mean about UNIQUE?

King and Queen both have to purchase a unique lifetime happiness reward.

It is mean that only king can purchase one lifetime happiness reward, but Queen can't purchase the same.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2014, 03:34:57 AM »
That is correct.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2014, 07:50:06 AM »
If you use a Simbot Converter Elixir it gives the sim some free points in Inventing and Handiness. It doesn't give them max points, and I think from memory that it's random not fixed, though I haven't checked. They keep the points if you turn them back into normal sims or anything else.

Would that disqualify them from using those skills as the one they can max?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2014, 08:29:11 AM »
I need to buy a simbot converter and check it out to see how many free points exactly, then the team will talk about it and decide, will get back to you soon.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2014, 09:30:59 AM »
New rule added (07/17/2014):

Drones requirements for leaving the hive:
Must have maxed one skill** (overlap is fine).
**Simbots would need to max a skill other than handiness and inventing

Thank you callycat for letting us know about the skill advantages of simbots.  Is there any other lifestate that have skill level advantages we haven't covered?  We've got mermaids and simbots so far.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2014, 09:41:39 AM »
New rule added (07/17/2014):

Drones requirements for leaving the hive:
Must have maxed one skill** (overlap is fine).
**Simbots would need to max a skill other than handiness and inventing

Thank you callycat for letting us know about the skill advantages of simbots.  Is there any other lifestate that have skill level advantages we haven't covered?  We've got mermaids and simbots so far.

Not that I've seen so far. I'm trying to take over Moonlight Falls this time and given the population I thought it would be fun to send drones out in all different life states, which is when I spotted this. He'd already completed his skill (gardening) when he used the elixir, and I'd completely forgotten about the freebie levels as it's been a while since I used one. I think there's only the Mummy elixir I haven't used yet, but I will try that out.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2014, 09:53:01 AM »
Well obviously vampire kids who were born that way skill super fast, but that's not a clear advantage. There are aliens, which brings me to my question. If the male gets kidnapped by aliens, can it have a baby by the aliens? Or would you send it back?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2014, 10:15:03 AM »
Adding to the hive only allows natural delivery and clones via clone voucher.  If your male gets abducted by aliens and have baby, you will have to send it back to home world, I will make a note about this on the rule page.

anything