Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 70535 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2014, 08:29:11 AM »
I need to buy a simbot converter and check it out to see how many free points exactly, then the team will talk about it and decide, will get back to you soon.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2014, 09:30:59 AM »
New rule added (07/17/2014):

Drones requirements for leaving the hive:
Must have maxed one skill** (overlap is fine).
**Simbots would need to max a skill other than handiness and inventing

Thank you callycat for letting us know about the skill advantages of simbots.  Is there any other lifestate that have skill level advantages we haven't covered?  We've got mermaids and simbots so far.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2014, 09:41:39 AM »

Thank you callycat for letting us know about the skill advantages of simbots.  Is there any other lifestate that have skill level advantages we haven't covered?  We've got mermaids and simbots so far.

Not that I've seen so far. I'm trying to take over Moonlight Falls this time and given the population I thought it would be fun to send drones out in all different life states, which is when I spotted this. He'd already completed his skill (gardening) when he used the elixir, and I'd completely forgotten about the freebie levels as it's been a while since I used one. I think there's only the Mummy elixir I haven't used yet, but I will try that out.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2014, 09:53:01 AM »
Well obviously vampire kids who were born that way skill super fast, but that's not a clear advantage. There are aliens, which brings me to my question. If the male gets kidnapped by aliens, can it have a baby by the aliens? Or would you send it back?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2014, 10:15:03 AM »
Adding to the hive only allows natural delivery and clones via clone voucher.  If your male gets abducted by aliens and have baby, you will have to send it back to home world, I will make a note about this on the rule page.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2014, 10:18:08 AM »
I've added this under General Rules on the first page:

• All children that result from abduction pregnancies (aliens) must be returned to their homeworld and cannot become a part of the household.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2014, 10:48:48 AM »
Thank you, Nutella.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2014, 08:08:50 PM »

I checked the Mummy elixir and there were no skill gains from it. Looks like that's it now.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2014, 10:14:14 PM »
Thank you, callycat.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #184 on: July 20, 2014, 03:06:37 PM »
Sketches and paintings are both included in the list of potential collection items.  Does that mean that a collection of sketches is considered different than a collection of paintings?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #185 on: July 20, 2014, 03:14:18 PM »
Sketches and paintings are both included in the list of potential collection items.  Does that mean that a collection of sketches is considered different than a collection of paintings?

Yes.

Offline Rikki8528

• Immortal
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #186 on: July 20, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »
Would it be considered stockpiling to have 10 best friends before the first RD with the intention of never using 9 of them for an RD? Also, could the queen use them for an RD?

Can you have 'shared' lifetime rewards? Example: having a midlife crisis for the king and queen every RD to help with requirements and never using Midlife Crisis for an RD?(Hope that makes sense)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2014, 04:27:48 PM »
Would it be considered stockpiling to have 10 best friends before the first RD with the intention of never using 9 of them for an RD?

Yes, it would be stockpiling. Intent really isn't the issue.

Also, could the queen use them for an RD?

The king and queen both need a unique friend not on the family tree for each RD so I am not sure what you are asking.

Can you have 'shared' lifetime rewards? Example: having a midlife crisis for the king and queen every RD to help with requirements and never using Midlife Crisis for an RD?(Hope that makes sense)

The king and queen can definitely purchase the same LTR at any time — obviously ones they both have cannot count towards the unique reward requirement.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #188 on: July 20, 2014, 08:51:02 PM »
Lvrugger that's is not going to work out, if you look at this rule

Jobs must be acquired after drone has become a YA
Thanks for pointing that out! Back to the drawing board.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2014, 01:54:37 AM »
Quote from: Rikki8528 on July 20, 2014, 03:33:26 PM

Would it be considered stockpiling to have 10 best friends before the first RD with the intention of never using 9 of them for an RD?

Yes, it would be stockpiling. Intent really isn't the issue.

Does this mean that you cannot have more than 1 BF per romantic day at all, thus ruling out the BF challenge in Charisma? What happens if one of the founders accidentally become best friends with someone through work events or something else outside of their control?

Offline Rikki8528

• Immortal
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2014, 02:12:01 AM »
I've made about 7 best friends already on purpose to fill that charisma challenge, so I'm no longer doing my dynasty for HOF. I suppose potentially you could use that challenge on the 10th RD, if that makes sense. If you've already learned any charisma, you would have to, otherwise you would be stockpiling.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2014, 06:22:36 AM »
It's pretty impossible not to have more than one best friend at a time when time you have a rabbithole job. I think this will disqualify us all from HoF, but I don't understand how it's stockpiling if you make a new unique BF for each RD.

Offline MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2014, 06:31:58 AM »
I asked sometime ago if it was all right to have more than one best friend before a Reproductive Day as long as you never used that second best friend and was told that was okay. I wouldn't give up on HoF yet.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2014, 07:09:29 AM »
That was my understanding as well. Metro's answer above seems contradictory though.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #194 on: July 21, 2014, 09:21:42 AM »
Okay, my apologies, guys. Sometimes I get confused myself at interpretations hehe. Yes, you are free to get more than one BF before any RD — it is NOT stockpiling as long as you get one unique BF in between RD so you're actually doing the work for the requirement if that makes sense. Sorry again.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #195 on: July 21, 2014, 05:02:38 PM »
Are we free to throw young again potions and life state change potions (ones that change them to long lived occults) at sims around town as well as at your King and Queen?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »
Just out of interest why would you want to do that.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #197 on: July 21, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »
Krae made the following post in the Domination Dynasty Hints & Tips thread:

As my dynasty progresses into week 22, more and more townies are dying off. I thought, great more empty houses, but the problem is NPCs are becoming my family's bosses. When ever they try to call their boss to chat or come for a visit, the boss is always at work and doesn't know when they'll be done. It doesn't matter what day or time of day, they are always unreachable. So my suggestion is to not count on asking a boss for a promotion if your game gets to this point. Just be prepared and make other plans, maybe get through the rabbitholes first and liberal use of the workaholic trait.

I thought that throwing Young Again/Long Lived Occult potions at the original sims would be a good way of preventing this from happening. Also, I want to have the pleasure of being able to kick Aggie out of her home and at the rate my game play is progressing, Claire Ursine's daughter and the son of the Keaton's will be long since gone before I get to the stage of kicking out townsfolk from their houses. :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2014, 05:23:47 PM »
That totally makes sense I will direct the boss and the rest of the team  to your post and see what they have to say.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2014, 05:32:41 PM »
Are we free to throw young again potions and life state change potions (ones that change them to long lived occults) at sims around town as well as at your King and Queen?

The following rule I suppose was originally intended to cover members of the hive:

• Changing Life States is fine.

But, there's really no reason why we cannot make it a blanket town-wide rule. Go for it. I doubt Nutella and Blackrosea would disagree, so if they do we can revisit the issue.