Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 130339 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #345 on: December 31, 2014, 08:33:14 AM »
There is no self-employment other than band for the instruments. Have them form a band together if you have Showtime, or put them in the music rabbit hole.

Offline crth

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #346 on: December 31, 2014, 03:39:41 PM »
Thank you KRae and Deklitch. I don't know how I missed that! I guess I just assumed that you could register as self-employed for ANY skill with which you could earn money. I've just played so many self-employed painters and gardeners and such I lost track. I don't really want to deal with getting gigs, so I'll probably skip the forming a band part. Raking in the cash and rocketing through the self-employment levels with tips sounded really good. Too bad it was a figment of my imagination!

Oh, well.  ::) At least now I can get to playing rather than trying to "fix" my game!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #347 on: December 31, 2014, 03:49:30 PM »
Actually when I am in a band, i never get gigs.  I use the subway trick and play tips, you max the band career so fast you won't know what to do with your free time.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #349 on: December 31, 2014, 08:20:26 PM »
You know the subway trick right?  Use the perform song fast speed, do about 100 performance, then go subway. 

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #350 on: December 31, 2014, 08:54:49 PM »
I use the subway and multi-performances all the time. I just didn't know to do it with a band.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #351 on: December 31, 2014, 09:30:27 PM »
So, any tricks on getting money trees in Bridgeport? Gardening career is currently taking forever to get from level 9 to 10. I've been relatively unlucky with special seeds.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #352 on: December 31, 2014, 11:13:24 PM »
Do you have omni plant?  If yes, you can feed omni plant expensive books (or expensive deathfish), harvest the books and sell them - it will count towards your gardening career.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #353 on: January 01, 2015, 05:10:59 AM »
Sadly no, I don't. Unless there's an omni plant at the Bridgeport Science Lab, just going in to check. And it looks like there isn't :(

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #354 on: January 01, 2015, 09:10:28 AM »
Get a collection helper and keep collecting special seeds, the $0 value ones are the seeds you want to keep -- I plant all the $0 value ones and throw away the deathflower plant once I see them sprouting.

Also you can sell your harvests at the consignment store, with suave seller you will get more out of your harvests.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #355 on: January 01, 2015, 11:38:03 AM »
I've had the most luck finding special seeds in and around the dome and way up the hill past the expensive homes. Do you have the Stones Throw Green House set? If not, I would recommend it, not only do plants grow much faster using the swift grow station, it also spits out random seeds, many of them special.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #356 on: January 20, 2015, 02:43:09 AM »
Do service rewards for reaching the 25k in sales for self employed careers count towards the career rewards collection requirement, provided it is in the lead up to the relevant reproduction day?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #357 on: January 20, 2015, 08:28:51 AM »
Yes they do count as career rewards collection, provided you are using it for the relevant reproduction day and not stockpiling it for the next reproduction day.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #358 on: January 20, 2015, 12:52:25 PM »
Wonderful! Now to hope I can get enough rewards from Investigator Career to go with it :)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #359 on: January 30, 2015, 03:07:25 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but I just had to share the rebellion that my sims are currently attempting.

Kids 1, 2 and 3 on age up to teen on Thursday/Friday: Yay Prom is on Sunday! We're going to Prom, We're going to Prom! Watcher, find us a date we're going to prom!
Watcher: Tomorrow is Saturday, sorry kids, no prom for you three. You age up to YA tomorrow!
Kids 1, 2 and 3: Boo!!!!!! Our watcher's a meanie!
Watcher: Yes I am ... now hold still as we remove your bad moodlets with the moodlet manager, no eating, sleeping or bathrooming for you three *Cure* *Cure* *Cure*
Kids 1, 2 and 3: Our watcher's a big meanie! We won't tutor each other.
Watcher: Yes you will, I can click you to do so. *A few clicks later and Kid 1 is tutoring Kid 2*
Kid 3: Ha ha you two are doing the tutoring, I'm free as a bird! I'll play computer games.
Watcher: No you won't. You need to get your skill to level 10 ... to your skilling item *A few clicks later and Kid 3 is working on his necessary skill*
Kid 3: How rude. I will do it, but I won't like it.
Watcher: You really don't have a choice.
*King completes 2nd skill challenge, having already purchased his unique LTR and level 10 in job*'
King: Now I can settle down and watch tv
Watcher: Sorry, your majesty but you've got a best friend to make. Get out on the town!
King: But, but, but ...
*King gets in a taxi and heads somewhere. Watcher spies a likely best friend and cue's the King's friendly interactions. Meanwhile in the library, the Queen is reading Cooking Skill Books.*
Queen: You know Watcher, I've been thinking. I really should be cooking, not reading about cooking!
Watcher: No, my dear, you aren't a natural cook yet. Reading about cooking is safer at this stage, I wouldn't want you to burn down your wall, dear.
Queen: Are you ever going to build us a house, Watcher?
Watcher: Nope! You are ghosts, and you don't get sunburns. Your wall, your field with a fence around it, the 7 tents, multiple outhouses, toddler skilling objects, dining area with lots of bench space for birthday cakes and tv/radio set permanently to kid channel/station is all you need for my purposes.
Queen: You really are a meanie, did you know that.
Watcher: Yes dear, I am. Now, return to reading. You need extra levels in order to complete the menu maven skill challenge and then you need to return to your home ground and paint to get to 30 paintings. And sell them ... you are well behind your husband in both skill challenges and career this time, my dear Queen.
Queen: Don't you 'dear Queen' me, Watcher. You are a slave driver as well as a meanie!
Watcher: Thank you, yes I am.

I love being a watcher. LOL

anything