Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 129377 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2014, 09:08:09 PM »
Christina, you can make money by making and selling chips and nanites, but I don't think making plumbots would be allowed as they are temporarily a member of your household.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2014, 11:37:13 AM »
Christina, you can make money by making and selling chips and nanites, but I don't think making plumbots would be allowed as they are temporarily a member of your household.

Correct. But, the career is fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2014, 07:52:21 AM »
If we have Into The Future installed (and haven't disabled it) does that mean we have to make use of the Astronomer and Bot Arena careers before repeating any careers? I'm only asking since it's included in the vacation worlds and will add days on to the final time to complete.

Pets aren't on the family tree, but if they are household members and become a BFF would that count as a unique BFF for the King or Queen? It doesn't seem like it would be in the spirit of the rules to me (especially given these are the pets that arrived with them and they are definitely um, not of this earth), but if it will cause failure I may need to kick out a pet soon.

If I do need to lose a pet, can they go with a drone to their house or do I have to give them up for adoption?

[they/them pronouns please]

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2014, 08:06:34 AM »
If we have Into The Future installed (and haven't disabled it) does that mean we have to make use of the Astronomer and Bot Arena careers before repeating any careers? I'm only asking since it's included in the vacation worlds and will add days on to the final time to complete.

You're talking about the drone requirement? If so yeah you would need to exhaust all job options available to you first before doing a job that one drone has had before.

Pets aren't on the family tree, but if they are household members and become a BFF would that count as a unique BFF for the King or Queen? It doesn't seem like it would be in the spirit of the rules to me (especially given these are the pets that arrived with them and they are definitely um, not of this earth), but if it will cause failure I may need to kick out a pet soon.

Since pets are not on the family tree, then they would not qualify for the requirement.

If I do need to lose a pet, can they go with a drone to their house or do I have to give them up for adoption?

I guess it's up to you. I see no reason why a pet could not tag along. Anyone else have thoughts on that? I believe the rules do not specifically state that only one drone can be moved into a home.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2014, 08:20:05 AM »
You're talking about the drone requirement? If so yeah you would need to exhaust all job options available to you first before doing a job that one drone has had before.

Since pets are not on the family tree, then they would not qualify for the requirement.

I guess it's up to you. I see no reason why a pet could not tag along. Anyone else have thoughts on that? I believe the rules do not specifically state that only one drone can be moved into a home.

Thanks for the fast response! I'm not sure I understand the second answer though. 'Since pets are not on the family tree, then they would not qualify for the requirement.' The requirement is for a BFF *not* on the family tree, right? Pets aren't on it, so technically could qualify, but they are part of the household and not the town that you're assimilating, so counting them feels a bit cheaty.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2014, 08:21:55 AM »
I believe the rules do not specifically state that only one drone can be moved into a home.

That covers a question I forgot to ask, about whether we needed to have the exact number of drones needed or if there can be one or more leftover at the end.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2014, 08:23:53 AM »
That covers a question I forgot to ask, about whether we needed to have the exact number of drones needed or if there can be one or more leftover at the end.

Yeah that's fine. As long as all homes are filled up it really does not matter if you have a couple extras in the hive at the end.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2014, 09:15:44 AM »
Metro-  You said somewhere that pets and cars would count towards the BFF rule.  I can find it if you want, but it may be on the workbench thread.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2014, 09:22:56 AM »
Also possibly on the work bench, I believe you said King of the Fae and Queen of the Fae could both count as unique. I might want to do this as after becoming temporarily human to use a clone voucher and subsequently changing back to fairy, their wings are not the same as the original. With King/Queen of the Fae that is easily remedied. I've already claimed it for the King, so if I have to I'll just clone him.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
Metro-  You said somewhere that pets and cars would count towards the BFF rule.  I can find it if you want, but it may be on the workbench thread.

I remember that now. Okay, let me clarify the rule then.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2014, 09:33:23 AM »
Also possibly on the work bench, I believe you said King of the Fae and Queen of the Fae could both count as unique.

Yes Metro did say in the workbench that king of the fae and queen of the fae could both count as unique.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2014, 10:16:44 AM »

To help players with drone job requirement, here is a detail list of careers / jobs with expansion packs for your reference:

1-  Acrobat  (showtime)
2-  Actor  (late night)
3-  Alchemist  (supernatural)
4-  Angler  (ambitions)
5-  Architect  (ambitions)
6-  Art Appraiser: Acquisition  (university)
7-  Art Appraiser: Appraisal  (university)
8-  Astronomer: Astrophysicist  (into the future)
9-  Astronomer: Space Explorer  (into the future)
10-  Band  (late night)
11-  Bot Arena: Merchanic  (into the future)
12-  Bot Arena: Official  (into the future)
13-  Bot Builder  (into the future)
14-  Business  (base)
15-  Criminal: Evil  (base)
16-  Criminal: Thief  (base)
17-  Culinary  (base)
18-  Daycare  (generations)
19-  Director  (late night)
20-  Firefighter  (ambitions)
21-  Fortune Teller: Mystic  (supernatural)
22-  Fortune Teller: Scam Artist  (supernatural)
23-  Gardener  (ambitions)
24-  Ghost Hunter  (ambitions)
25-  Horseman  (pets)
26-  Inventor  (ambitions)
27-  Journalism  (base)
28-  Law Enforcement: Forensics  (base)
29-  Law Enforcement: Special Agent  (base)
30-  Lifeguard  (island paradise)
31-  Magician  (showtime)
32-  Medical  (base)
33-  Military  (base)
34-  Music: Rock Star  (base)
35-  Music: Symphonic  (base)
36-  Nectar Maker  (ambitions)
37-  Painter  (ambitions)
38-  Photographer  (ambitions)
39-  Political  (base)
40-  Private Investigator  (ambitions)
41-  Professional Sports  (base)
42-  Science  (base)
43-  Scuba Diver  (island paradise)
44-  Sculptor  (ambitions)
45-  Singer  (showtime)
46-  Sports Agent  (university)
47-  Stylist  (ambitions)
48-  Teacher  (ambitions)
49-  Video Game Developer  (university)
50-  Writer  (ambitions)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2014, 11:32:51 AM »
That is very helpful, Nutella. Thank you. I linked that post to the rule set.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2014, 11:41:59 AM »
To help players with drone job requirement, here is a detail list of careers / jobs with expansion packs for your reference:

43-  Scuba Diver  (island paradise)

Does this mean that if we play with Island Paradise installed but aren't playing in Isla Paridiso, that we have to place a dive lot as one of our five lot changes?  I thought playing dive lots in other worlds was bugged - has that been fixed?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2014, 11:50:36 AM »
In theory, all a drone would have to do is join the career, right? Placing dive lots in other world is tricky, unsupported, and also requires cheats, correct (and it's banned in other dynasties).
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything