Author Topic: Lost In Paradise - Chapter 8  (Read 10225 times)

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
Lost In Paradise - Chapter 8
« on: July 01, 2014, 10:06:50 PM »
Chapter 1 – A New Beginning?

A killer headache was the first thing the woman felt, then the feeling of sand under her fingers. She flattened her palms and pushed up, bringing herself to a seated position. The world swam in her vision and both hands reached to clasp either side of her head. “Oooooh… what did I do last night?” Silver eyes blinked several times, her vision a little blurry. She now realised her mouth was dryer than the sand underneath her, and it felt like the sun had been beating down on her for at least an hour. Soon enough, her vision cleared and she stood up to check out her surroundings.

”Where am I? Wait… who am I?! This isn’t right… I can’t remember a thing!”

There was a bottle near her feet, with something sticking out of it. She leaned down and picked it up, realising it was a piece of paper. She removed it and cast the bottle to one side. It was a note, and a small amount of cash.

If you just woke up on a beach, with no memory, then this letter is for you. If you happened to find this bottle and there’s an unconscious woman nearby… put it back! It’s for her, not you.

Now, you are probably wondering why you can’t remember anything and where you are. This letter won’t explain everything, but it will certainly explain enough. Let’s begin with the two main points that you need to know, shall we?

1: Your name is Kahlee Watkins.
2: You have been a very bad girl.

Now you are aware of those important points, let us move on to where you are and your current situation.

1: You are in the town of Isla Paradiso. I hear it’s absolutely beautiful.
2: The beach you are currently standing or sitting upon belongs to an island called Isla Romantica.
3: Look around, there should be a single-person paddleboat nearby. Look after it, because you are going to need it.
4: You have no cell phone. If you want to meet people, you’re going to have to visit the mainland.
5; Behind you, there is a hill. You will find a tent and a drum you can use to make fire. That’s your new home. Be thankful I left you with something.
6: No doubt you have found the money included with this letter. It is 100 simoleans. Don’t spend it all at once.
7: In fact, I suggest you go and buy stuff to plant before you get too stinky and shops kick you out.
8: Your memory is gone because I erased it. That includes every skill you ever knew. Sorry. It was all or nothing, and I wasn’t about to take risks.

I’m not going to tell you why your memory was erased, that would defeat the entire purpose. What I will tell you is that you should treat this as a new beginning. You are a blank slate, ready to accept new information, idea’s, ways of thinking and perhaps even a personality. This is not a courtesy I would normally extend, so don’t waste it.

If, by some miracle, you manage to get your memory back… I’m sure I’ll see you again in the future.

- Dr.R.

Kahlee clenched the letter in silent rage as she read, letting out a howl of pure frustration when she was done.

Why?! Why me?! What did I do?!”

No-one was there to listen, but it made her feel better. She slowly made her way up the hill via the path around the side to see what had been left for her. The paddle boat had been spotted, and it seemed the Doctor hadn’t lied when he mentioned leaving her a tent and a drum.

It did appear the drum could be used for a fire, so hopefully that would give her a way to cook food. The tent would do the job for sleeping in… but she had no shower, or a toilet for that matter. Kahlee grumbled silently to herself and decided to take the advice in the letter. Getting to the mainland to buy whatever supplies she could would be a very good start.

Offline brainofivane

• Llama Wrangler
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
Re: Lost In Paradise - Chapter 1
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 10:58:40 PM »
Ooooohhhh... Very interesting! Really curious to see where this goes.

What has she done to deserve this? Loved that shot where she was wailing. Paints her as an over-the-top dramatic sim. ^_^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:12:15 PM »
Read Khaine's other story (I can't remember the name -- it's late). Kahlee has behaved very badly.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »
Nice! We get to read about what happened to Kahlee! Looking forward to this  :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 01:15:47 AM »
Yay!!!! This is going to be EPIC!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 06:56:39 AM »
I found movie maker mode... ;)

Ivane. Short story, she was trying to kill her Great Granddaughter and would probably try to kill her daughter too. Now, Kahlee has to use the "homeless challenge" rules, except I've modified them very slightly.

1: No jobs allowed! Money must be earnt from selling harvests, anything she catches, collectables and playing for tips.
2: May only buy items she can keep in her inventory.
3: No eating in restaurants!
4: Unlike the homeless challenge, planting food is fine since it usually does have seeds in it (never got the point of that rule anyway!)
5: No marrying or moving anyone in until she owns a property.
6: Kahlee has been given the "No Bills" LTW to stop them turning up.
7: She can only shower at friends houses or community lots. I do have the "No restricted sponge baths" mod, so that's an option as well.
8: No purchasing the "Inheritance" LTW at all.

She also has a couple of "special" rules.

9: No cell phone usage. Kahlee can remove 500 simoleans from her funds (use the familyfunds cheat) to "buy" a phone. Aside from using it right at the start to cancel newspaper delivery, she does not have a phone until that money is removed.
10: I have a mod that allows items salvaged from the junkyard to be repaired. She is allowed to repair and keep these items, then use buy mode to move them around, but they CANNOT be sold (I think they have a value of 0 anyway)
11: Kahlee must try to travel on foot at all times. No taxi's. Isla Paradiso has "taxi boats" and that's why a paddleboat is mentioned. If she's using a taxi boat, it is assumed she's using the paddleboat instead.
12: Restrictions are removed when she buys a house. She can either actually move lot or build on the current lot. Building on the current lot requires a minimum of 17,000 simoleans (roughly what you start with)

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 08:36:28 AM »
I thought Anna was her granddaughter? I need to go read immortal fairy again!

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 09:08:57 AM »
Nope! Anna and Matt were Kahlee's kids. Matt had his own kids (Boy and Girl) and its one of them which is Kerry's father.

So Kerry is Kahlee's great granddaughter as Matt is her granddad and Anna is her great aunt
 :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 11:09:15 AM »
D'oh *facepalm* Thanks for saving me having to reread although I was kinda looking forward to it so... *heads off to read immortal fairy* who's got popcorn?!?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 05:05:18 PM »
This is a really interesting start! I can't wait for more!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 10:56:59 PM »
Chapter 2 – Solitude.

Since the letter was from the person who dumped her on this watcher-forsaken island, Kahlee really didn’t want to follow the advice she’d been given. But, she needed to eat and she needed a way to make money. A sigh came from the woman’s lips as she grabbed the paddleboat and made her way to the biggest island she could find. It wasn’t the right one for the store, but one of the locals pointed her in the right direction.

It was time to spend what little money she had…

…and then get her hands dirty.

While she was planting the apple tree, the woman had this niggling feeling in the back of her mind that buying it was a bad idea. She had a brief flash of an image, herself standing in a gothic-looking town and simply creating an apple out of thin air… with some kind of stick. ”No… pull yourself together girl. There’s no way that’s real.”

The thought was pushed from her mind as she wandered over to the tent. Looking inside, there was a pretty good sleeping bag, some pillows and a fishing rod. Kahlee remembered seeing a few fish down at the beach, so she grabbed the road and headed straight down there. It’d give her something to eat at least.

But she wasn’t good enough to catch anything straight from the sea. Plus she didn’t have any bait, and even if she did, she had absolutely no idea what type to use! So, she went back to the mainland with her little boat and did some exploring until she came across a small pond. Something in the back of her mind told her to use the nearby shrubs to hide in while fishing… so she did.

”No-one here little fishies… now jump on my hook! I’m gonna eat you little fishie…”

Despite her complete and utter lack of skill, Kahlee managed to get a reasonable little haul. True, it was mostly minnows, plus a toad and a goldfish, but it was better than nothing. She went back to what passed as her home, and then found that her barrel really wasn’t good enough for cooking food on. ”Great. Just great What am I going to do now?! I’ll starve out here!” She grumbled loudly and just went to bed, with her stomach also grumbling loudly.

The next day was her lucky day, as she found her barrel replaced with a fire pit. That big, fat, juicy toad was cooked instantly.

”Thank you Watcher… I won’t starve now.”

The garden was her next priority, watering the plants to make sure they didn’t die. That would not be good for her first crop.

As for the rest of her day? Kahlee decided to pop back to the mainland and abuse the gym facilities. She’d seen it on her little exploration attempt and figured there was a good chance it’d have toilets and showers. She’d been exactly right, and no-one batted an eye at some random woman wandering in and using the bathroom to clean herself up.

Then it was back to her fishing spot, and it seemed today would be a good day. First, she managed to find a seed.

Followed by a spot absolutely full of fish…

…and finally managed to catch a trout!

Eventually she went home, cooked her fish and went to bed. The following day was much of the same, tend the garden and go and clean up in the gym. But today, she was starting to feel the effects of isolation. Kahlee needed to talk to someone, so despite the fact it was the dead of night and a full moon, she headed over to the park.

It was completely empty. But that was fine, this place would work for something else. Her mind had been constantly flashing images of that apple in her mind, and some odd movements with the stick. ”Look brain… it can’t possibly do anything…”

She tried to copy them anyway, just so her mind would stop bugging her about it.

”See?! Absolutely noth-”-WOW!

The magic arcing between her fingers completely surprised Kahlee, and she spent the next couple of hours playing with it, completely forgetting that she was actually looking for someone to talk to. The loneliness kicked in again though, so she decided to try the nearby library.

That was empty too. By this point, she just gave up and went back to her tent to sleep until it was light.

When she woke up, she grilled another fish and ate that before heading back to the mainland. She remembered seeing a community pool, and wondered if she’d have better luck there.

And luck was certainly with her that day.

Kahlee: “Oh, thank the Watcher! A person!”
Akoni: “Um… hello to you too?”
Kahlee: “I’m sorry… I’ve just… not really spoken to anyone in four days.”
Akoni: “Wow! That’s a long time… how did you not go completely insane?”
Kahlee: “I was close… really, really close. Thank you for sparing me from that!”
Akoni: “Hey… it’s my pleasure. I’m Akoni.”
Kahlee: “Oh! Right… I’m Kahlee.”
Akoni: “So… you look a little worse for wear… and I don’t mean the loneliness. What’s up?”

Poor Akoni had everything landed on him. The fact she woke up on a strange beach, with almost no money, no way to contact anyone and no possessions aside from the clothes she wore, the tent she’d been provided with, the fire pit and her little boat.

Akoni: “What in SimLand did you do to be just… dumped like that?!”
Kahlee: “I don’t know.”
Akoni: “Oh. Right… you don’t want to tell me.”
Kahlee: “No. I don’t know! I couldn’t remember anything when I woke up, and I only know my name because there was a note.”
Akoni: “Amnesia?”
Kahlee: “Maybe. I know it was done to me on purpose though… so whatever I did must have been really, really bad.”
Akoni: “Wow… no-one deserves that.”
Kahlee: “…thank you. It’s nice to hear someone say that.”
Akoni: “Hey, no problem. Listen, I need to head back home. If you see me around town, stop and say hi, alright?”
Kahlee: “I will… and thank you again for letting me unload like that.”

The two parted on good terms. Kahlee found the swimming pool also had a toilet and shower, so she used those facilities, went and stocked up on some fish and then finally went back to what passed as home. The past few days had been difficult to say the least, but now she had a friend, her fishing skill was getting better and her garden was coming along.

Baby steps, but steps never the less.
If anyone is interested, I am seriously considering putting Kahlee up on the swap shop.

I need to tweak her a little first, and I need to find out what expansions/stuff packs I used in creation.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 11:41:27 PM »
Amnesia has done Kahlee a world of good; she's actually kinda sorta nice now! Who expected that to happen?  ;)

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 01:11:30 AM »
Ooo definitely interested! Kahlee is gorgeous! Can't promise I'll do her justice in my game but I'll definitely try to make sure she has a good life!

Offline brainofivane

• Llama Wrangler
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 03:49:25 AM »
Kind of interesting that she's supposedly poor but she's walking around wearing that dress... hahaha... Looking forward to see where this new acquaintance will lead. :)

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 01:18:13 PM »
Actually she's supposed to be rich. But she was dumped on an island with only that dress to her name. :) That's why she's using it.

EDIT: And she's up for anyone who want's to use her for any reason!

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?board=23.0

anything