Author Topic: The Chrysalis Challenge  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
  • I am the queen of genies FEAR ME
The Chrysalis Challenge
« on: July 08, 2014, 03:16:01 PM »
Hello, I am Geniequeen122, and I am going to start a challenge story. The challenge I am playing is *insert drumroll*..... The Chrysalis Challenge Shocker, right? Yes, I created the challenge, but I did it very recently and have not tried it out yet, so I do not have any advantage. Now on with the Prologue

The name Chrysalis once meant hope, prosperity, and kindness. There was a reason for that, and why Chrysalis now means hatred and evil. The reason is, there was once a deity, her name was Chrysalis. Chrysalis was the incarnation of hope, prosperity, and kindness. She was also the guardian of nature.

Chrysalis had been called to Appaloosa Plains to protect the wildlife in this town, that was being overrun with city-folk. It was one of her quieter days on the range, and she had her darling pup, mercury, under her arm. Though, legally, Mercury was named Mercury II by his former owner, Scarlet Paradox of Starlight Shores. All Chrysalis planned to do at the moment was, to just pull out a frisbee and play fetch with Mercury.

Unfortunately, Fate had other ideas. She tossed the frisbee to her pup, as she ran backward to give her little boy some challenge. But, she ran straight into some man with a pointy hat. By that time, the sun had already set.
He yelled into her face about how rude she was, how inconsiderate of innocent bystanders she was, and most of all, how stupid she was.

When he was done, he said "I'll teach you, oh yes I will." In his creaky, elderly voice. He pulled out a wand with a look of true and sinister pleasure on his face. His hands started waving and weaving in some strange pattern, as he began muttering some incomprehensible words.
"You will forever rue the day you messed with the world's most powerful wizard!" he shouted and then he suddenly started chanting something. It was this:
"Your skin shall turn as black as night
You will forever be a ghastly sight.
Unless you can reverse my curse.

You must have 20 offspring,
but that is yet only one thing.
These children must share your curse.
They must have the blessing of the fey.
And then on their final birthday,
Their skin will be as vibrant as the rainbow.

But they must inherit a single trait or two,
from YOU.
They shall have your skin
not bright yellow, or copper or tin.

only once the final child leaves
you shall once again live with the animals and trees
You shall be kind once more."

Rainbows shot out of his wand, and surrounded Chrysalis.
And the wizard was gone. Suddenly, Chrysalis wanted to punch, kick, and shout at something. Mercury carefully approached her, sensing the trait change. He growled at her, as if she was not his best friend.
Her anger vanished, and she kneeled down to pet the ball of fluff and fur that sat by her feet. "Shhh.... It's me, Chrysalis, remember?" She soothed. He sniffed her outstretched hand, and immediately snuggled under it. The Mercury Seal of Approval.
As Chrysalis stroked her dog, she saw her hand, the skin on it was blacker than death. She raced inside her house, and sat in front of the vanity. Not only was her skin on the Black Skin Slider, her wings were changing color.
She wiped off her make up, and reapplied it. She also changed clothes. Chrysalis just sat in front of the vanity, staring at her new appearance. "What have I become?" She whispered to herself. Suddenly, it hit her. she just had to have 20 fairy children, y'know with multiple fathers that were not fairies themselves. How hard could it be? Very, Very Hard.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Chrysalis Challenge
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:42:47 PM »
Great intro, Geniequeen! I love Mercury. Glad to see Chrysalis will have her puppy on her side still. Looking forward to more  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 07:22:11 AM »
Great intro, Geniequeen! I love Mercury. Glad to see Chrysalis will have her puppy on her side still. Looking forward to more  :D
Aww.. Thanks. The inspiration came from a villain in a tv show I used to watch, basically the intro is sorta the backstory I gave that character. And Mercury II, I just had to keep him, because he's my connection to the dynasty and Time Brings Love, and I am obsessed with making everything connected somehow :D

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
The Chrysalis Challenge Chapter 1: Man Hunting
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 08:49:15 AM »
Chrysalis decided it was time to get gardening, she had to put that green thumb she had to work. But, it was going to be hard work since
they needed a lot of cash.

Crissy went inside and asked "Timothy, can I have some extra apples? I want a bit of a bigger garden."
"Sure thing, Cris." Tim replies, as he conjures some apples.
No, Timmy is not her first prey, he just volunteered for Crissy's cause, due to his Good trait.
Also because, This dude, Zac Whipsnake, is her first baby-daddy.
Not much progress on Zac yet. But, Crissy's cooking skill says otherwise.

So, in other news, Tim has joined the painter career. He's level two in both the skill and career.
And back to Crissy! Because everyone loves this black-skinned fairy, (who's wings won't show up right URG!) Cris has finally decided to try
out the oven, and hopefully not burn the waffles. Her Mean-Spirted trait makes her like to slam the oven door.
And that concludes Chapter 1

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
The Chrysalis Challenge The Poll
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 09:35:30 AM »
As you could probably tell, I've been trying to come up with a nickname for Chrysalis, because I don't want to have to keep typing Chrysalis over and over. So I'm making a poll, on what nickname you like best, the options are:

if you would like to vote the link is here

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 01:11:50 PM »
I love the poses at the end of chapter 1.  All of those nicknames seem to really suit her; it made it kind of hard to choose  ;)  I understand about having to type certain names.  It gets pretty tedious after a while!  Can't wait to see what the result is for Chrysalis' nickname!

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
The Chrysalis Challenge Chapter 2: Baby #1 in House
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 01:50:39 PM »
Crissy finally got Zac to move in. He moved in, in his work clothes, which was quite comic considering he was about to quit his job.
She also proposed, despite not actually loving him. She was just happy for the funds boost.
He accepted. And then, they got married on the spot. Welcome to the Challenge, Zac Brave.
They rushed to the shower to do what newlyweds do best. Try for a Baby. Chimes were heard echoing in the tiny bathroom.
Luckily, Tim was soon making the toilet Self-Cleaning. And just in time, too.

Barfing always has a reason, and Ally is head-over-heels in love with hers. You will soon be welcomed to this challenge, Baby #1.
Unfortunately, Zac was nowhere to be found, so Chrysalis couldn't announce her barfing to him yet. But she would be glad she couldn't see him, if she knew what he was up to. Which was kissing, Imogen Pelly.
He got home later that day. When he entered the kitchen, he was cornered by his wife. "Hi honey." he said, he was in love with Imogen, he just was guilty about it around Crissy.
"I'm pregnant!" She shouted, it was obvious she loved this little baby more than anything.
"Uhh... Yay?" he said, not very enthusiastic. Luckily, Cris was too caught up in her own enthusiasm to notice.
He quickly went off to bed. Unlike Ally, who was up for a while longer. She eventually joined her husband in bed. But first she just relaxed, with her husband not-so-peacfully snoring beside her. She began to sing. Her voice was as soft and smooth as silk.
"my little one, you are my deity,
blood of my blood.
And now I see,
you are my tiny bud.
You are my god or goddess,
I just hope you have wings.
My little one, meant to bring me eternal bliss."

Suddenly, when Ally was about to step into the bathroom, she started labor.
Welcome Hikari Brave, the Black-skinned wingless fairy (its a glitch, but I've decided it'll sort itself out, soon).
Baby #1 in the House!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 02:00:01 PM »
Welcome, Hikari!

Zac is terrible!  Hopefully either he or Cris will smarten up and sort all of that nonsense with Imogen out.

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
The Chrysalis Challenge Chapter 3: Trouble
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 04:11:35 PM »
Chrysalis read the newspaper, and one article in particular intrigued her, and not in a good way.

The minute Zac walked through the door, he was cornered by his wife. And this time, it wasn't good news. "Zac, why is This in the newspaper?" She asked, pointing to a picture, of Zac and Imogen.

"So? I might have cheated on you, but I have commitment issues. You had to be prepared for this." He said, taking this all too well.
"Y'know what? I don't want to live with a man who doesn't care about how many hearts he breaks. And have you even thought about Hikari?" Ally shouted.
"What-ari?" Zac asked, as too confused now.
"Oh, did you forget to notice your own daughter being born?" Chrysalis said, her voice calm, but full of malice.
"Well, why didn't I get to name her?" Zac demanded, now angry, she was his daughter too!
"Oh, because maybe, you were out on a date with Imogen!" Crissy Screamed, now angrier than ever. "Zac, I cannot live with you anymore, just leave this house and stay out."
"Wanna have a date next Tuesday?" Zac asked, not understanding that a divorce was going to be filed in a few hours.
"No, Zac, I don't ever want to go on another date with you, see your face, receive a phone call from you, or even hear your name ever again. I cannot trust you anymore. Just pack your bags and get out.Now." Chrysalis said, her voice back to Deadly Calm Mode. "Oh, and to make sure you stay away from Hikari, who shall never, ever, ever hear from you again." Cris just walked over to him, and slapped him across the face.

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 04:35:38 PM »
You go, Cris! Way to show Zac! He can't take a hint, can he?  ;)
He probably can, but I couldn't help it. He just started flirting with Imogen, and kept popping wishes for both Cris and Imo. So, I had to make him pay, by making him look stupid.

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
The Chrysalis Challenge Chapter 4: Goddess of Light That Sees All
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 08:26:35 AM »
As Zac walked out, a cry could be heard from the nursery. "How?" Chrysalis asked, her daughter couldn't have been woken up by anything a few moments ago, now she was crying that the father she hadn't met was forever out of her life. "Wait, if I'm still a fairy, I'm still a Goddess, so Hikari is a little goddess after all." Chrysalis explained to herself with a smile.

"Up you go, my Light That Sees All." Cris said to Hikari. She proudly paraded her pink bundle to the cake, and set her on the floor, after Hikari blew the candle of course. (There are those wings!)

Moments later, Mercury decided to become a big dog.
Hikari was quickly learning how to talk and potty like a big girl.
"Dada!" Hikari would shout in the morning, her mother was always busy, being a self-employed gardener is hard work.
"No Hikari, Uncle Tim." Timothy always corrected.
She may be Goddess of Light That Sees All, but she was still a toddler. (who has a better relationship with Timothy than her own mom?!)
That concludes Chapter 4

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 10:56:40 AM »
The bunny suit looks so adorable on Hikari! Mercury aged up beautifully as well.

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 12:51:49 PM »
The bunny suit looks so adorable on Hikari! Mercury aged up beautifully as well.
Bunny suits on babies are my one weakness when it comes to Sims 3, Thank You Ambitions Expansion Pack!

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
The Chrysalis Challenge Chapter 5: Birthday
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 07:19:18 AM »
One morning, Timothy grabbed little Hikari, and led her to the cake. But instead, she was placed on the floor, and then the sparkles hit. She gained the Family-Oreinted trait to add to her Athletic and Loves the Heat traits.
But the only thing more surprising than an age-up without the cake, was Chrysalis falling in love. She met him at the Port-a-Party Warehouse, he was the Proprietor. His name is Miguel.
"Hey Miguel, today's the last day of the Spring Festival. Do wanna go there with me?" Crissy asked into the phone.
"Of course, it's a date. Meet you there." He answered. Once they met, the Love Machine confirmed Lisa's suspicions. She was in love.

They were quickly married. And Woohooing. And Crissy may, or may not have drank a Procreation Elixir beforehand. Chimes were heard.

"Hey Cris, I need to talk to you." Miguel said.
"Yes?" She answered.
"I don't think this is really working out between us. I already filed the divorce." He explained.
"What? No!"
Yea. Well, bye. Miguel is out of here!" he shouted as he ran outside. Yup, he broke up with her, in the bathroom, in his swimwear. Wow.

The very next day, Chrysalis found out she was pregnant. "Wow, now I have another baby to deal with. yay." She said sarcastically, she just hadn't been in a good mood since that heartbreaker had left her.
She later threw a surprise party for Tim and Hikari.
But Chrysalis herself was nowhere to be found among the birthday chaos. Where was she?
She was busy, busy giving birth to a bouncing baby boy, duh!
"Welcome to the void that is my life, Kurai." She whispered to her newborn son, Kurai.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 09:54:14 AM »
Miguel and Zac are tied for the worst husband award....but at least Cris got Kurai out of the deal :)

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
The Chrysalis Challenge The Genie Watcher Has a Plan
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 08:28:23 PM »
Miguel and Zac are tied for the worst husband award....but at least Cris got Kurai out of the deal :)
My vote is Zac, if that counts for anything. But, Kurai unfortunately is neither fairy nor on the black skin slider, well that means we need 4 more children out of Chrysalis. You'll get why I'm saying 4 instead of *counts in head* 19 more, soon.

So, I want to be merciful on poor Crissy, and make it that she doesn't need to give birth to 20 babies. So, I conceived a plan, she just needs to be able to see her great-great-grandchild reach young adulthood. One girl in each generation can carry on the legacy, with Cris standing by. Each child, and Ally herself, will have to give birth to 5 eligible children. What do you think?

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Chrysalis Challenge The Genie Watcher Has a Plan
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 10:03:33 PM »
My vote is Zac, if that counts for anything. But, Kurai unfortunately is neither fairy nor on the black skin slider, well that means we need 4 more children out of Chrysalis. You'll get why I'm saying 4 instead of *counts in head* 19 more, soon.

So, I want to be merciful on poor Crissy, and make it that she doesn't need to give birth to 20 babies. So, I conceived a plan, she just needs to be able to see her great-great-grandchild reach young adulthood. One girl in each generation can carry on the legacy, with Cris standing by. Each child, and Ally herself, will have to give birth to 5 eligible children. What do you think?

Wow, that is a very interesting idea!  That actually makes that whole curse a lot worse because now Crissy has to see her descendants go through the same have-to-have-5-kids thing...that idea is starting to grow on me.  If you want to go with it, I am all for it  :D

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
The Chrysalis Challenge Chapter 6: Eligible Baby 2
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 02:55:42 PM »
Ok, so in my last post, I forgot to mention that, Timmy will get a Fountain of Youth elixir, and Age Freeze.
Here's a sneak peek at something that's coming in generation 2, and not the heiress.
Aquila Ryoshin, Private investigator.
Now, I've played quite a bit and can't fit in some important stuff, so here's what you missed: Tim has taken the Elixir and Age Freeze, Kurai has aged up to a kid with the Easily Impressed trait, Booker Singleton has married Crissy, and they have woohooed.
Chapter 6

Ah, the Maternity Spin, that means Eligible Baby 2 is in the house (hopefully)!
Moments later, Hikari became a responsible Young-Adult, gaining the Loves the Outdoors trait.
Her portrait was started by Tim, and then she moved out. (Silly Genie Watcher forgot to wait for her graduation.)

"Booker, I'm pregnant!" She said, happy, but not quite as thrilled as she had been a while back *cough* Zac *cough*.
"Kids? I didn't want kids, honey." He said. "Meh, I guess Tim the Nanny can take care of them, then off to Military School!" He replied to himself, happily.
"Timothy is not a Nanny!" Cris said, getting a little frantic, her kids weren't allowed to go to boarding school!
"Then what is he?" Booker asked.
"A dear family friend." Cris answered, growing slightly calmer.
"Well, I'm not taking care of these kids, they are not my fault." Booker decided.
"What do you mean?" Asked Chrysalis.
"I didn't decide to have kids, you're the one that got pregnant." He explained, starting to understand that he wasn't going to win this  debate. But he could try.
"Really?" Lisa asked, getting bored. "We're done, I need a supportive husband, and that is something you are not." She said, dumping him.

Chrysalis stepped into the kitchen, about to cook a meal for her son. Then, the contractions hit. This was pure agony, neither Hikari nor Kurai had such a painful labor.
But it was all worth it once sparkly little Ishi was born. This one, she was destined to be Crissy's favorite drone child.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »
Crissy is striking out when it comes to men, poor thing! The preview of the private investigator looks promising :) And finally, welcome Ishi!

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 07:34:21 AM »
Crissy is striking out when it comes to men, poor thing! The preview of the private investigator looks promising :) And finally, welcome Ishi!
Sorry for the Hiatus! And you are right, that poor thing. I am excited for the PI. Ishi is cute!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 03:02:41 PM »
Sorry for the Hiatus! And you are right, that poor thing. I am excited for the PI. Ishi is cute!

Glad Cris is back in action :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 09:48:27 AM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.  @Geniequeen122 - you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.

Original Storyboard: Sims 3 Miscellaneous Stories

anything