Author Topic: EA to give out The Sims 2 - Ultimate Collection for free!  (Read 17636 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: EA to give out The Sims 2 - Ultimate Collection for free!
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2014, 04:18:25 PM »
Thank you Bri!! Is there a make needs static cheat?

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »
Thank you Bri!! Is there a make needs static cheat?
Actually, there is, and is similar to the one in Sims 3.

Now, it has been a while, so I might be a little off, but you need to enable cheats (as mentioned above).  Then press Shift + Click (with the mouse) on the Mailbox.  A series of things should pop up from there.  From there, look for the one that says Fill Needs.  Choosing that, there should then be an option to make Needs Static.

There is an alternate way, I believe.  Shift + Click on the mailbox, and choose, I think it is called Spawn, and there should be something there called Sim Modder.  If you choose it, then a small baby should appear.  Clicking on this should allow you to max motives anytime.

However, the easiest and one I recommend are two codes. 

First, use this:
maxmotives   -  This makes everything maximum
motivedecayoff  -  Turns the needs falling off.  You may have to reuse this if a new family member is added, though :)

Something to bear in mind is if you are trying to potty train a child, you can't have the appropriate Need fulled (the baby has to sort of er...want to go...otherwise she will just drop off the potty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »
Hey, im not sure if this if i can ask here, but is this only available in the US? i'm traveling and im trying to redeem the code and it doesnt seem to be working for me

edit: turns out i already had it redeemed and didn't realize, so it is working for me now, sorry!

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2014, 03:38:41 AM »
I really need to play this.

I just keep bouncing between my 3 stories at the moment.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2014, 09:30:47 PM »
I miss a couple things from 3. I miss the button to follow your sim, I had to keep hitting it to follow him. I also can't figure out how to get him a point in charisma, I can't find the library and the bookcase he has doesn't have it. :(

On the positive side, it didn't let me type in the codes, I was probably typing it wrong, but I was able to keep him happy!! I say thanks to the sims 3 for this!!  ;D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2014, 09:45:56 PM »
You still hit "shift/Ctrl  C" and then just type in "kaching", "motherlode" or "maxmotives".  It took me a while to remember that again, lol.  Charisma is just talking in front of the mirror. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2014, 11:06:04 PM »
From memory, toddlers had a pink bunny toy that teaches charisma, too. I haven't gotten to the toddler stage yet.

I'm playing an unofficial immortal dynasty - unofficial for obvious reasons. Instead of max skill I'm going for max freetime hobby, and a unique liftetime want - those at least are similar to Sims 3. I'm not sure how I'll compensate for opportunities yet. They will each have to complete a unique aspiration reward tree, and each have a unique aspiration reward object or two. Instead of ambrosia, they will need to keep buying those hourglass thingies with their aspiration points. It's shaping up interesting so far. My founder has graduated with a 4.0 GPA, founded a Greek house on the largest size lot, and has moved in her future spouse (no marrying in University, so they'll wait until they move back to Pleasantview).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2014, 02:53:30 AM »
You still hit "shift/Ctrl  C" and then just type in "kaching", "motherlode" or "maxmotives".  It took me a while to remember that again, lol.
So do you have to type the boolprop cheat? I'm having him earn his money and so far it's going good, but he already wants expensive items, so I might "cheat" to get some extra cash!!
Charisma is just talking in front of the mirror. :)
*facepalm* Wow, you get used to the skill books, and you forget the old fashioned way LOL!!

Offline Kathykins

• Llama Wrangler
    • S & M Builders (TS1)
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2014, 05:50:24 AM »
Esther, if you right-click his portrait, you should be able to follow him, just like in Sims 3.

You can use the mirrors, or get the career reward for business (Execuputter), or you can have him buy a birdcage and talk to the bird for points.
I wake up every day planning to be productive, but a voice in my head says 'hahaha good one' and we laugh and laugh and take a nap.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2014, 07:15:02 AM »
Nope, you don't have to type in anything except the command after you bring up the cheat window. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2014, 02:33:13 PM »
Ok, I was double clicking the left button like 3.
Nope, you don't have to type in anything except the command after you bring up the cheat window. :)
Awesome!!

I'm kinda nervous about TS4 coming out. I'll tell you why! When I started playing 3, I'd never played a sims before, so people saying "Ah I miss this in 2, or 1" I didn't understand it. This was 3, a brand new game (to me anyways!), not 2 or 1! Now however I'm afraid I might wind up like those people, "Aww I miss this from 3!!" I just hope I can keep it straight in my head that is 4, NOT 3! I can also see what and why they said it too. 2 is a good game, but the thought keeps running through my head, "I miss this from 3!" I even keep telling myself it's a whole different game but I can't keep them from running through my mind.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2014, 05:33:50 PM »
I miss a couple things from 3. I miss the button to follow your sim, I had to keep hitting it to follow him. I also can't figure out how to get him a point in charisma, I can't find the library and the bookcase he has doesn't have it. :(

On the positive side, it didn't let me type in the codes, I was probably typing it wrong, but I was able to keep him happy!! I say thanks to the sims 3 for this!!  ;D

Sorry if you couldn't get the cheats to work.  I know they may be a bit fiddly; if someone else was able to get them to work, let us know.

As for increasing Charisma, I don't think you can read a book for them.  The easiest way?  Speak in front of a mirror.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2014, 10:55:21 PM »
I couldn't get the boolprop to work, but motherlode does!

I'm having an issue that's literally driving me bonkers. When I bought my sim his first home, it was on a tiny lot. I've built his house as large as I can but it's still way to small for all the new items he's been asking for. I tried on the computer to find his own place, but it said to do it from the neighborhood button as he was the only adult on the lot. I went to the neighbors screen, packaged the lot, but I was only able to place his same small lot with his house on it. It's probably something simple I'm missing, but how can he move to a bigger lot/house??

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2014, 08:29:59 PM »
I couldn't get the boolprop to work, but motherlode does!
It's been a while, but I can't remember whether it needed spaces or not.  I know I had it work for me, but Sims 2 could get a bit finicky that way

, but I was only able to place his same small lot with his house on it. It's probably something simple I'm missing, but how can he move to a bigger lot/house??
There are a couple ways to do it.  The first I believe is to click on a newspaper (and computer, I think), and should be a window which says 'Find Own Place'  If you pick this, the person moves out, and should be on the bottom bar on the neighborhood screen.

The second option is to do it from the neighborhood screen.  There should be an icon which says something like Move Family to Bin.  Just move the Sims to the Sims bin, and don't move an occupied house.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2014, 11:07:02 PM »
There are a couple ways to do it.  The first I believe is to click on a newspaper (and computer, I think), and should be a window which says 'Find Own Place'  If you pick this, the person moves out, and should be on the bottom bar on the neighborhood screen.
The second option is to do it from the neighborhood screen.  There should be an icon which says something like Move Family to Bin.  Just move the Sims to the Sims bin, and don't move an occupied house.
I tried the first one but it said he couldn't do it cause he was the only adult on the lot. I'll try the second!

anything