Author Topic: A Long Life States Dynasty  (Read 4382 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
A Long Life States Dynasty
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:37:30 PM »
I rediscovered a Life States file that I started months ago. This will not be a story, just a place to share my stats with a few pictures.

Evan Long is my dynasty founder. He is a witch with the Ambitious, Frugal, Hopeless Romantic, Snob, and Virtuoso traits. Not bad for a first roll. Believe me, they get worse. His Lifetime Wish - Swimming in Cash.

Here's Evan working on his fisherman career. Other than me, who doesn't like fishing.

He spent a lot of time fishing, playing the guitar, and commodities trading at the Elixir Shop. Before completing his requirements, he met the Joy family (yes, we're in Riverview) and befriended them. Elaine, who has great traits and skills along with an easy lifetime wish (culinary librarian) had sprouted a cute little pair of aqua wings. Her fate was decided when she and her father paid a visit which ended with dear old Dad dying on the front lawn. She was almost inconsolable. Almost.

Generation 1
Evan Long - Witch
BF - Don Lothario/Vampire 
Career Rewards - Fishing Skill Certificate, Fabulous Angler Medal
Opportunities - Plumber and a Fisherman, A Fish of Life and Death, Sorting the Section
LTH Rewards - No Bills Ever, Flying Vacuum, Magic Hands, Collection Helper
Wishes Worth 5K+ - Catch Every Type of Fish, Master Fishing Skill, Earn 5,000 in Tips (guitar), Master Guitar Skill, Be Worth More Than
Skill Challenges - Consignment Profit, Amateur Ichthyologist, Money Maker Guitar, Consignment Store Reputation, Consignment Shop
                          Sales, Master Guitarist
Evan spent 3 days in France

Mausoleum Pieces - Mounted Fish ( the toad is particularly lovely)

This is turning into another nooboo extravaganza. Evan and Elaine's first offspring were twin girls, both witches. The second pregnancy turned out better - triplet fairies! The witches had great traits, the fairies - no such luck. Aldo, Excitable and Easily Impressed was by far the best of the bunch. His final traits were Excitable, Easily Impressed, Family Oriented (Yes!), Eccentric, and Workaholic. As a Fairy his Lifetime Wish was Greener Gardens.

And here's Aldo, much older working on his Gardening career. He has wings just like Mom's.

Generation Two

Aldo Long - Fairy
Toddler - Bf with both parents, reached level 3 in both pegbox and xylophone
Child - Honor Roll, Ballet Recital Opportunity
Teen - Honor Roll, Level 3 cemetery job, Romantic Interest-Nelson Scruggs(a poor, hapless babysitter who was kissed and asked to be
          just friends in a matter of moments)
BF - Lorraine Cantina/Fairy
Career Rewards - Gardener's Hero Trophy, Gardening Skill Certificate
Opportunities - Stomping Grapes, Excellent Veggies, Perfect Produce
LTH Rewards - Super Green Thumb, Stone Hearted, The Hustler, King of the Fae
5k+ Wishes - Master Gardening Skill, Marry Alison, Be Worth More Than 500K, Reach Level 10 of the Gardening Career, Master the
                     Alchemy Skill
Skill Challenges - Botanical Boss, Master Planter, Master Farmer, Alchemists Anonymous, Master Alchemist, Excellent Elixirs
No Travel
Mausoleum Pieces - Perfect Life Fruit

The hardest part with Evan was getting those 5k wishes to pop. He never did wish to reach level 10 in the fishing career. The hard part with Aldo was getting a romantic interest and finding a partner. He did find a nice human woman who soon after they were married became an elder. Fortunately, between Evan's Elixir Shop buys and Aldo's own elixir creations, they were well-stocked with Fountain of Youth. Welcome back to young adulthood Alison Gibbons Long.
An interesting note: As a wedding present they received from Evan one of those 485k Fountains of Youth which was left in family inventory until the time was right to sell.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Long Life States Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 10:37:29 AM »
Aldo's wife Alison has been an amazing asset to this dynasty, she's still alive in game at 105. Her LTW was The Perfect Garden which she completed upon entering the household. I thought you had to plant those yourself - apparently not. Among her traits are Green Thumb, Athletic, and Genius. She has also completed the Culinary career to get the family the chef's fridge. The couple's first set of triplets were all fairies. I was relieved when the Evil, Absent-Minded one didn't turn out to be human. The second set of triplets provided two fairies and one human, Ben, our heir, a Light Sleeping Eccentric. To these he added Grumpy, Dislikes Children, and Over-Emotional. Great. His LTW: The Tinkerer.

And here he is working at his Firefighter career.

Generation 3
Ben Long - Human

Toddler - BF with both parents, reached level 3 in the pegbox and was read all three art books
Child - Honor Roll, Pile of Permission Slips opportunity
Teen - Honor Roll, level 3 cemetery job, RI - Doreen Farrell
BF - Marissa Hayden/Vampire
Career Rewards - Firefighter's Axe, Firefighter's Coat
Opportunities - Exposition on Explosion, In the Name of Science, Fixing the Celestial Slump
LTH Rewards - Professional Slacker, Observant, Carefree, Efficient Inventor
5K+ Wishes - Master Handiness Skill, Reach Level 10 of Firefighter Career, Build a Time Machine, Master Inventing Skill, Marry Doreen
Skill Challenges - Scrap Collector, Plumber, Electrician, Tinkerer, Diabolical Detonator, Marathon Runner
No Travel

Mausoleum Pieces - Inventions, pictured here along with some of his firefighter career rewards

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 10:24:01 AM »
When Ben was well on his way to finishing his requirements, he decided it was time to find a nice vampire or werewolf to marry. In order to make that happen he needed to break-up with his RI, Doreen Farrell, who was all too human. I went to click on her portrait and lo and behold, she had become a werewolf. Well, that was easy...too easy? Ben's new bride's traits included Evil, Coward, and Over-Emotional. Despite the coward trait, she just loves to watch Ben detonate stuff. Her best day was probably The Day of the Exploding Dishwashers. I guess Evil trumps Coward. It's a shame, but Doreen will need to move out early with any spares as soon as the heir becomes a child. Her father-in-law, Aldo, will not leave her alone. Aldo: Compliment appearance  Doreen: Joke about shedding  Aldo: Flirt  Doreen: Flirt  Aldo: Ask to watch stars  Me: No! Stop it!  Over and over and over.

Speaking of heirs, it only took one pregnancy to produce one this time. Doreen gave birth to two humans and one werewolf. That makes Cris, another boy, our heir. His traits - Absent-minded and Virtuoso. As he grew up, he added Neurotic, Natural Performer, and Disciplined. His LTW - Leader of the Pack. Well, good luck with that, you're sculpting anyway.

Ben working his career.

Later on after catching on fire. The stress brought on a transformation.

Generation 4

Cris Long - Werewolf
Toddler - BF with both parents, reached level 3 on the Xylophone and was read the 3 art books
Child - Honor Roll, Ballet Recital Opportunity
Teen - Honor Roll, level 3 cemetery job, Romantic Interest Jelly Bean Long (Imaginary Friend)
BF - Devin Mooney/Witch
Career Reward - Successful Sculptor's Medal, Sculpting Skill Certificate
Opportunities - An Old Ruse, Bassists in Public, Bass Tipping
LTH Rewards - Artisan Crafter, Entrepreneurial Mindset, Jetsetter, Alpha Wolf
5k Wishes - Earn 5k Simoleons from Bass Tips, Earn 5k from Sculpting, Earn 10k Sculpting, Earn 20k Sculpting, Earn 5k from Piano Tips
Skill Challenges - Money Maker Bass, Chiselmeister, Money Maker Piano, Prolific Sculptor, Master Sculptor, Ice Personality
No travel

Mausoleum Pieces - Sculptures shown here with his various rewards

Cris married his lovely Imaginary Friend, Jelly Bean. This time both Evan and Aldo are flirting with her and friendships are deteriorating. At least, being artistic, she can lock herself away in her art studio. She's reached level 10 in the painter career. She paints a lot. However, when last seen, Jelly Bean was rocking while reading about cooking and listening to Kid's Music. I'm hoping for a girl heir this time, but I've decided to not influence gender, so we'll see if the flirting is continued unto the 5th generation.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 05:16:29 PM »
It seems to me that this isn't taking you very "Long" at all, Krae. :)

Well done on getting through to Generation 4, even with all the flirting etc from grandfathers-in-law your spouses are putting up with.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 03:51:07 AM »
Actually i like the pace. Its a nice change from, lets say Pam's long legendary one (not saying it was less awesome though!)

Although i would love to see pictures of the nooboos as toddlers :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 06:55:53 AM »
This is a file that I started back in Aprilish. I had gotten about a generation and a half into it. I had kept good notes but had taken very few screenshots. I'll keep those toddler photos in mind though! (too late for gen 5)
Jelly Bean gave birth to triplets, all of them Imaginary Friends and one of them a girl! Way to go Jelly Bean! The girl, Darla, an Excitable Heavy Sleeper, is our heir. I got so excited at having a girl that I did actually take an extra photo.

She's being tutored by her Grandpa Ben, the Child Disliking Grump, fresh in from playing in the sprinkler. The negative traits the heirs have gotten have not really been an issue. He was in the foot tapping line along with everyone else to snuggle and change dirty diapers. His son, Absent-Minded Cris, has never dropped his action queue.
The flirting continues: Evan: Flirt   Jelly Bean: Ask to watch stars  Me: No, No, No. Now go apologize to your husband. He's standing right there. Jelly Bean: Sorry, Cris.   Cris: Okay. Flirt.  Jelly Bean: Go take out the garbage.  Me: Uh oh.

I'm not using the Logic skill certificate as a Career Reward (not cooking or athletics either) so as long as they don't complete a skill challenge, they're free to use those skills.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 05:56:18 PM »
This is Jelly Bean playing video games with her father-in-law in the background. He has never flirted with her. Thank you, Ben. You'll notice that she's actually playing in peace as I seem to have accidentally mostly solved the flirting problem. Darla wished to buy a waterslide and I complied. As it turns out, the guys just love that slide and Jelly Bean hates the outdoors. Life has gotten easier.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 07:49:56 PM »
Darla survived her teen years, and although she only made it to prom for the last few minutes (it always seems to be on a work night at the cemetery), the game says she fell on her face several times, saw a three-eyed llama, and was voted prom queen. Darla's final traits ended up being Excitable, Heavy Sleeper, Clumsy, Hopeless Romantic, and Nurturing. Actually those are pretty good. Among her choices for LTW: Living in the Lap of Luxury. Score!

Darla is a self-employed artist. Down below in the backyard is the sanity saving waterslide.

On the day of Darla's adult birthday, Jelly Bean left with Grim. She will be missed. I picture flirting going on in the netherworld. Three days later, Darla married ancient vampire, Billy Caspian, who downed a fountain of youth. The next day Darla completed her requirements, making those last twenty skill gain drinks. Chimes were heard.

Generation Five

Darla Long - Imaginary Friend
Toddler - BF with both parents, reached level 3 Xylophone and had the Art books read to her
Child - Honor Roll, Ballet Recital
Teen - Honor Roll, level 3 cemetery job, RI - Antwon Seavy
BF - Mayra Cromwell/Witch (elder witches make the best BFs, no extended lifespan means less time keeping them away)
Career Rewards - Artist's Painted Ribbon, Painting Skill Certificate
Opportunities - Easy Theater Job, A Large Painting, Learning to Mix
LTH Rewards - Fast Learner, Extra Creative, Eye Candy, Speedy Cleaner
5k Wishes - Master Painting Skill, Reach level 10 Painter Career, Create 20 New Drinks, Master Mixology Skill, Marry Billy
Skill Challenges - Master of Mood, Proficient Painter, Brushmaster, Master Painter, Cool Creator, Poseidon
No Travel

Mausoleum Pieces - 7 paintings (Darla Long, the Early Years) plus her awards and trophy

As for Billy, he's only been in the house a few days and has almost completed his LTW, Master of the Arts. Vampires.
That will make me feel a little better about moving him and their IF spare out when little Fargo becomes a child and Billy is BFs with his vampire sister, Fiona, an Absent-Minded Slob. This will be the last multiple birth of this dynasty. I left the nooboos this morning sleeping peacefully in their cribs. Let the chaos begin.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 02:41:39 PM »
Looking good so far, KRae!  Can't wait to see the next generation  :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 09:22:53 AM »
Fiona became a lovely little toddler with her daddy's vampire eyes and her mommy's IF hair. And yes, her favorite color is pink.

There is another child in the household. Although Fargo was aged up quickly, he did learn his toddler skills and get an A as a child. Here he is with Grandpa Cris with Billy waiting his turn.

Fiona learning to talk.
Darla: Maybe someday you'll learn a recipe. Honestly, all I've ever made is Country Bread.

And learning to talk. She became BFs with Billy first. Two stroller rides and reading a book is all it took.

As a child Fiona loved to tell ghost stories. No one listening this time, but Great-Grandpa, Ben who dislikes children, is usually her best audience.

As a teen, Fiona learned to play the drums. Quickly. I managed to catch the Master the Drums Skill wish though, but later wasn't so lucky with Logic. She just learns too fast. Vampires.

Speaking of learning quickly, Fiona reached level 3 in driving while she was still on the curb waiting to get into the car. Off to the book store!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 03:58:41 PM »
Fiona's young adulthood was not the easiest. Her final traits ended up being Absented-Minded, Slob, Hot-Headed, Flirty, and Daredevil. What a combo! She is the most absent-minded Absent-Minded sim I have ever played. So I put her in the Ghost Hunter career. Fortunately, she was at level 8 before taking her first job. It's bad enough doing Angry Ghost and Hidden Presence jobs as it is without  the ghost hunter forgetting what she's doing in the middle of it....several times. Finally, she just performed the poltergeist and spirit invasion jobs and then went hunting for spirits around town.

Generation 6

Fiona Long - Vampire
Toddler - BF with both parents, xylophone and writing books level 3
Child - Honor Roll, Pile of Permission Slips
Teen - Honor Roll, level 3 Cemetery Job, RI-Meghann Latham
BF - Dianne Sterling/Witch
Career Rewards - Ghost Hunter's Spirit Medal, Spooky Trophy
Opportunities - A History of One, Book Donation, Free the Genie
LTH Rewards - Change of Taste (music from kid's to classical), Never Dull, Complimentary Entertainment, Attractive
5K Wishes - Master Drum Skill, Earn 5K from Drum Tips, Discover All Potions, Reach L. 10 of Ghost Hunter Career, Donate 100   
                   Spirits to Science
Skill Challenges - Master Drummer, Money Maker Drums, Celestial Explorer, Fiction Novelist, Master Chemist, Skill Professor
No travel

Museum Pieces - Potions, pictured along with some of her ghost hunter awards

When she was near to completing her requirements, Fiona freed the Genie, Stacy Galindo. It wasn't exactly love at first sight, thanks in part to that Hot-Headed trait, but there was an attraction. When the time was right, they tried for baby and chimes were heard. No listening to constant Kid's Music!

Three days later a daughter was born - Grace, an Excitable, Light-Sleeping Genie!!! My new trait - Lucky!

Grace becoming best friends with Daddy.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 03:17:07 PM »
Absent-minded Sims...I have heard the horror stories from my sister in her Lifestates Dynasty attempt...so a huge congrats on finishing Fiona's requirements  ;D  Here's to hoping that Grace continues with her good traits!!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 06:23:29 PM »
The last toddler of the dynasty, Grace Long, Genie

Even Genies need to learn to walk.

And writing skill books are a must.

You'd think with 7 adults in the house someone could put her to bed before retiring for the night.

The house has changed from a flirting zone to a face slapping zone.

And to a grudge-match zone. Love those hot-heads.

It's no wonder little Grace escapes into fantasy.

As a teen, Grace escapes into nectar making. The amazing thing is that her mother, Fiona is still best friends with Grace and Darla and has become good friends with Cris (they like to compare fangs). Her friendship meter is completely red with Evan, Aldo, and Ben.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »
Grace was such a cute toddler! Interesting household dynamic you have there, for sure  :o

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 07:52:23 AM »
Grace has been an amazingly cooperative, easy to work with sim. Maybe it's just by comparison. Her traits ended up being Excitable, Light Sleeper, Supernatural Fan, Good, and Schmoozer. Her LTW - Leader of the Free World. So it's two careers for you, Grace. The first, politics, requires fund raising. What better way than a party!

Okay, Fiona, was it the party drinks or the crazy drinks? Oh well, more than 60k was collected for the campaign coffers.

Grace reached level 10 of her political career without too much trouble and then turned her nectar making hobby into a second career.

Generation 7

Grace Long - Genie
Toddler - BF with both parents, level 3 xylophone and writing books
Child - Honor Roll, Pile of Permission Slips
Teen - Honor Roll, level 3 cemetery job, RI-Robert Devore
BF - Larry Rivas/Werewolf
Career Rewards - Charisma Skill Certificate, Nectar Maker's Symbol of Honor
Opportunities - Wax Away, Hi, I'm Chad, Policing the Paper Trail
LTH Rewards - Discount Diner, Born to Cook, Office Hero, Legendary Host
5k Wishes - Make Nectar Worth $150, Make Nectar Worth $250, Master Charisma Skill, Reach Level 10 of Political Career, Master      Nectar Making Skill
Skill Challenges- Celebrity, Super Friendly, Everybody's Best Friend, Personable, Flavorful Feet, Master of Nectar Making
No Travel

Mausoleum Pieces - Bottles of Nectar here with her awards

I want to thank the nectar making guide and everyone who contributed amazing recipes for making this possible.

And here we have the entire family in the mausoleum. I know you're tired. Just pose.

anything