Author Topic: Rules: The All You Can Play Simself Legacy Project (tAYCPSLP)  (Read 11093 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Re: The All You Can Play Simself Legacy Project (tAYCPSLP)
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 03:42:30 PM »
Well, it looks like I'll have to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. I'm pretty sure it's the Game Selector because it was running just fine before. Grr! I'll try removing the Game Selector first to see if that's it. I wanted to disable Into The Future because of the Opportunities glitch. It hangs up in "Processing" in CAS.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 03:43:54 PM »
Would you have to play 3 generations in each town Even though you complet all ltw's etc. earlier Or is the challenge complet When all ltw's etc. Are completed?

The challenge is complete when all the ltw's ect are complete: all ltws, all ltrs, all skills supermaxed and all careers maxed (note that only heirs can max a skill and a career, the basegame came with 10 skills and 11 careers if I remember it correctly, so with only the basegame you would have to move at least 3 times).

The if you complete one of the requirements (for example buy out all the ltrs before you have maxed all skills) you no longer need to think about buying ltrs, but you still need to do the other categories.

The reason for the 3 gen/town and then move, is to see how your sims change and what features stay a long time with your sims. One of my favorite things about the 4x4 dynasty was creating interesting looking sims with a townie breeding program, and that is why this requirement is part of this project.

I hope I answered your question. If not, feel free to ask again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 03:45:00 PM »
Well, it looks like I'll have to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. I'm pretty sure it's the Game Selector because it was running just fine before. Grr! I'll try removing the Game Selector first to see if that's it. I wanted to disable Into The Future because of the Opportunities glitch. It hangs up in "Processing" in CAS.

Bummer, I usually start with a factory reset folder when I'm going to use game selector, I find it makes things running smoother. I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 04:01:09 PM »
Saltpastillen, are you going to do a story for your legacy?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 04:09:16 PM »
Saltpastillen, are you going to do a story for your legacy?

I'm going to do sort of a story, more like a journal with pictures. I'm in Moonlight Falls right now checking out the mate prospects for my simself...

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The All You Can Play Simself Legacy Project (tAYCPSLP)
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »
Okay, I finally have everything reinstalled! Whew! When I find my new spouse to be in Twinbrook, can I move into his house or do I have to move him in with me in the swamp?

BTW: my new Simself looks so much like I did when I was a young adult that it's scary!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 12:36:21 PM »
Okay, I finally have everything reinstalled! Whew! When I find my new spouse to be in Twinbrook, can I move into his house or do I have to move him in with me in the swamp?

BTW: my new Simself looks so much like I did when I was a young adult that it's scary!

As long as you can move your entire household into his household you are good. Since he lives in a EA created house you can just as soon live there as anywhere else in town.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2014, 04:25:59 PM »
I may be wrong, but aren't there more LTW's than there are LTR's?  So this means that in order to accomplish everything, I can only let my sims have 1 total LTR.  There won't be any room for overlaps.  I am going to do this project, but I'm modifying this to make sure you use every LTR in the game.  Basically taking out the unique factor.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 01:52:19 AM »
I may be wrong, but aren't there more LTW's than there are LTR's?  So this means that in order to accomplish everything, I can only let my sims have 1 total LTR.  There won't be any room for overlaps.  I am going to do this project, but I'm modifying this to make sure you use every LTR in the game.  Basically taking out the unique factor.

I think that there is more LTWs than LTRs, but once you have bought all the LTRs the LTR restriction is lifted.

Besides, once a LTR is bought and claimed as unique by one of your sims, other sims may buy it too, they just can't claim it as theirs. The list of already claimed LTRs becomes like a shopping list to show what LTRs your sims can have in addition to their own unique one.

I didn't want to make the rules to strict, since this project is all about exploring parts of the game you might not have done previously and having fun while doing it, which is why there are so few ways to fail.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 06:38:12 AM »
Okay, so then by playing the way I want I haven't really done anything wrong, except the first sim can have 1 LTR until the next sim gets another one.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2014, 12:20:04 PM »
Okay, so then by playing the way I want I haven't really done anything wrong, except the first sim can have 1 LTR until the next sim gets another one.

You are right. I am not using unique in the way it is used in some dynasties (where it means no one else can ever do the same thing) I am using it to show that only one sim can count it as their skill/job/LTW and so on.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2014, 02:50:58 PM »
I will definitely be attempting this!! After I finish my dynasty ;) Because I just know even after I get Sims 4 I won't let go of my little Sims 3 sims. I'd miss them too much! haha

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2014, 12:07:05 PM »
I will definitely be attempting this!! After I finish my dynasty ;) Because I just know even after I get Sims 4 I won't let go of my little Sims 3 sims. I'd miss them too much! haha

Me too! Also, waiting till you complete your dynasty sounds like a plan, because this will be a looong game.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2014, 03:34:59 AM »
I've added some tips about how to deal with common issues and bugs, it's at the bottom of the rules post.

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 05:17:03 AM »
It's unclear if the non-born sims can contribute to maxing careers and super maxing skills.
In other words: Does it count if a non-born sim has super-maxed a skill or maxed a career