Author Topic: Installed Town Life on Mac, Game Reverted Back to TL Patch  (Read 2914 times)

Charlotte

Installed Town Life on Mac, Game Reverted Back to TL Patch
« on: August 19, 2014, 06:36:31 PM »
Hi guys! Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this thread; I'm new to the forum and I didn't find a Mac user board. Feel free to move it. Thank you!

So last night, I went out and purchased the Town Life SP and tried to install it on my MacBook Pro. I used to play on a windows, but recently my old PC broke, hence using my new mac laptop to play. I downloaded the base game and all my EPs (I own all but Seasons and ITF), SPs (Master Suite, Outdoor Living, Movie Stuff, High End Loft Stuff, and Katy Perry's Sweet Treats) and a good 140+ pieces of store content about a month ago, with no problems until last night.

I inserted the Town Life disc like usual and went through the installation process, until this little message popped up:

I figured it meant my game needed to be updated to the latest patch, which it is, so I clicked continue and installed the game, but after I did that was when the problems started. When I tried to launch the game it just showed the sims 3 program running, and then that disappeared and was replaced with the sims 3 movie stuff running (like normal), but then after a moment of movie stuff loading the logo would vanish and the program would close.

I researched online and found caspinwall's post (at the bottom of the page) and followed her instructions. I went inside the Electronic Arts folder and moved my "The Sims 3" file to the desktop and launched the game, figuring I could move my saved games over later.

When I went to launch the sims 3, the program loaded and the launcher window popped up like normal. At first I thought it worked, but when I looked at the bottom of the launcher, I noticed something strange:

My launcher only shows EPs and SPs up to Town Life! I tried playing the game to see if it was just a launcher glitch, and my game runs just fine, but it's just as if I never updated past TL!

I also tried updating, but the game told me I'm already up to date. I tried several other fixes using my limited knowledge of how TS3 files work, but I ended up with the same results: either a game not running or a game only patched to Town Life.

If there are any Mac users out there who can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated! If you can tell me how to fix my original TS3 file, or get my new one working right, that would be absolutely amazing. Thank you so much! (And sorry if this is too long and winding! haha)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Installed Town Life on Mac, Game Reverted Back to TL Patch
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 07:04:34 PM »
Hi Charlotte,

I'm not a Mac user, but I think I might know of something that might help. Try the Super patch. To see if this will help patch your game up to the current patch.

Or get the Super Patcher for Sims 3 (for Mac and PC)
http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher/#mac

Something else I recommend is running Ccleaner and it's registry cleaner as well.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download?mac

This helps clean up temporary files, internet cache files and other files that are left behind that are no longer being used.

I hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 07:42:51 PM »
Definitely get the super patch.

It'll tell you that you're already up to date and ask if you want to install anyway. Click yes, and it will update -everything- you have installed.

Your game should work fine from there. :)

Charlotte

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 07:58:19 AM »
Thank you both very much! Super patcher works like a charm and my game is up and running again, now with town life! Yay!

Also, @MrsFlynn: Thanks a ton for suggesting Ccleaner. What an awesome program! I've been reading up about it and it's downloading right now! Can't wait to use it ;D

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 11:00:26 AM »
I'm happy that worked for you and Happy that we could help. :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything