Author Topic: Sims not sleeping long enough to fill the energy bar  (Read 9809 times)

Offline simsfan

• Townie
Sims not sleeping long enough to fill the energy bar
« on: June 21, 2014, 04:56:01 PM »
My sims aren't sleeping long enough to fill the energy bar. It started happening when i got a new bed, anyone have any idea what's going on?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims not sleeping long enough to fill the energy bar
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 07:16:50 PM »
I do know if you have less expensive bed and if they go to bed when their energy bar is way down, they will still get up an hour or so before  work, even if they are not well rested.  If that is not the case, maybe buy another bed.  There is a couple of beds that even though they are more expensive, I find that my sims, even on their day off, will not still be rested, so I just splurge and get the better bed.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsfan

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 08:34:58 PM »
I always get this bed and this is the first time this has happened, so that's why I was curious if anyone knew why it was happening.

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 10:49:18 AM »
Maybe something is waking them up.  Did you pick the light sleeper trait?

Offline simsfan

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 01:03:17 PM »
So I played last night and it didn't happen at all the whole time I was playing, so maybe it was a bug or something. I don't have the light sleeper trait.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 08:40:14 PM »
Maybe in the action queue, you'd set their sleep time to a certain time, rather than the "sleep till fully rested" setting? Just a thought.

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 02:25:50 PM »
Also, what are their traits? That may have something to do with it too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsfan

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 12:57:32 PM »
I don't mess with the action queue when I'm sleeping. The traits for both my characters are

male: brave, athletic, friendly,good sense of humor,handy

female: natural cook,friendly,good,artistic, excitable

As you can see, none of my traits have anything to do with sleeping.

Offline strongsoylatte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 05:44:13 AM »
I'm having the same issue. This one Sim always wakes up at around 8am for some reason.

He doesn't have a new bed (He moved into his parent's old room with their old stuff. They never had this issue).
He has no sleep related traits. 
He's a singer and doesn't have a regular job schedule so it's definitely not related to his job.
He doesn't have an alarm clock, tv, radio, or anything to disturb his sleep in that room. I also have his room locked so no one comes in and out.
He's been to bed in so many different situations (very sleepy, not too sleepy, low needs, high needs, early, late, high mood, low mood, etc) and the same thing still happens.

I mean, it's fine. I just let him sleep again as soon as he wakes up. But sometimes when I'm tending to other Sims, I forget about him and he just ends up doing his own thing. It's annoying when he has some tasks to do that day because obviously his mood is affected when his energy bar isn't filled to begin with.