Author Topic: Rigel Duty: Epilogue (Part II)- One Kingdom (April 27) COMPLETE  (Read 14509 times)

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
  • I am the queen of genies FEAR ME
Re: Rigel Duty: A Lifestates Dynasty- Ch.13- What a Gift... (Sept 24)
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2014, 04:21:48 PM »
The wedding setup looks lovely.

And what a gift  :P

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Rigel Duty: A Lifestates Dynasty- Ch.13- What a Gift... (Sept 24)
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2014, 12:15:19 PM »
Congratulations to Andi. I'm too late to vote but sort of glad, I don't know who I would have chosen. Best of luck to Orion!

There will be another unofficial heir vote in a later generation so you can vote in that one if you'd like  :)

The wedding setup looks lovely.

And what a gift  :P

Thanks!  I have a lot of fun coming up with wedding set ups.  I want them to look nice because the family will be using them for so many generations.  Might as well make it asthetically pleasing!

Chapter 14- Mr. & Mrs. Rigel

Daphne and I set our wedding day for that weekend.  We were both pretty excited about finally tying the knot.  Even though we had the opportunity to invite a lot of our friends over, we ultimately decided to keep things small.  We only invited a few guests to join us in our celebration.

We were official: Mr. & Mrs. Orion Rigel.

I was happy, so very happy.  I didn't care who was watching.

We interrupt this broadcast for an important announcement: Dad's brother, uncle Carlo, is a vampire and HE IS EATING A PLASMA FRUIT.  HE IS NOT JUST RANDOMLY GOING TO DIE OF HUNGER!  Way to go Uncle Carlo!!

And here's a shot of a very special wedding guest: my best friend and twin sister, Luna.

While we loved our close friends and family, Daphne and I excused ourselves from the party early.  We wanted to go celebrate our wedding night togther.

Daphne and I took advantage of the few days off we were given from our respective jobs and worked on our skills.  Daphne worked on her athletic skill and I continued working on my final mechanical skill challenge.  I had to give 10 unique upgrades to appliances throughout the house.  I started with the stereo.  Mom loved music, so I figured I'd wire the house with speakers so she could have the radio on wherever she was in the house.

Dad was pretty impressed by the upgrade I gave to the kitchen sink.

Daphne did take a break now and then from working out.  She wanted to learn the painting skill, so Dad let her use his easel.

Mom also took some time out of every week to catch up with Luna.  She said that she was enjoying her new place and that work with Uncle Carlo, who is her boss, was going well.

That was always a relief to hear that she was doing so well.

Now thinking about it, maybe wiring the whole house with speakers was a bad thing because Mom and Dad could dance badly all throughout the house...

That was the last thing on my mind, however, as I worked on upgrading a fireplace we had set up outside for me to work on. 

Thankfully, my Dad came and put me out.  That was a close one!  I was also aided by a lady who looked strangely familiar.  In case anyone was wondering, the lady was Artemis Rigel, my Imaginary Friend.  That's, apparently, what she would look like if she had become real.  I don't know why she suddenly decided to show up at the house but, whatever the reason, she had perfect timing.

After a quick shower, I went back outside and finished the upgrade of the fireplace.  There were no fires this time, much to my relief.  I needed one more upgrade, so I decided to fiddle with the stereo again.  Final mechanical skill challenge complete!

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
Re: Rigel Duty: A Lifestates Dynasty- Ch.14- Mr. & Mrs. Rigel (Sept 28)
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2014, 12:50:15 PM »
I love the wedding venue with the water jets. Poor Orion, that fire could have been disastrous. It that a bug with Artemis, she has the IF thing above her head? And well done to that vampire, I never get those in my game  :o
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2014, 03:31:58 PM »
What?!? A responsible vampire? Give him an award! Now!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2014, 01:10:41 PM »
Holy moly. A vampire that actually feeds himself that's so cool lol
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »
I love the wedding venue with the water jets. Poor Orion, that fire could have been disastrous. It that a bug with Artemis, she has the IF thing above her head? And well done to that vampire, I never get those in my game  :o

I'm not really sure why IF's will suddenly appear.  I've had that happen a couple of times.  The IF will just randomly show up in a human form and then stalk follow their Sim around.  In this case, it worked out for the better.

What?!? A responsible vampire? Give him an award! Now!

Holy moly. A vampire that actually feeds himself that's so cool lol

Carlo gets the "Responsible I'm-Not-Going-To-Turn-To-Dust Vampire Award."  Well done, Carlo!

Chapter 15- Only in a Dynasty

I only ever really view my Mom as well, my Mom.  I forget sometimes that she is actually a princess.  Some of her mannerisms are indicative of her royal status, such as her table manners.  Mom was always very proper when eating.  Daphne, on occasion, would come in after work and eat a snack while in her werewolf form.  I cringed the first time I saw Daphne eating beside Mom in her werewolf form.  This may not end well.

Dad and I both laughed when we saw that Mom just completely ignored Daphne's werewolf eating habits and struck up a conversation with her.  That is a relief.

Daphne, of course, would not disrespect her royal mother-in-law, so she would sit down to respond to her.  When she finished speaking, she would get back up on the chair to eat like an animal again.  It was quite a spectacle to watch, actually, Dad and I considered while drinking some plasma orange juice together.  Only in a dynasty could something like this happen.

Anyway, after dinner, I went outside to work on creating some new potions.  Daphne transformed back into her human form and then called over her boss for a chat.  She was very close to getting a promotion, so she wanted to see if the boss could give it to her tonight inside of having to wait a whole extra day for it.  Daphne made to sure talk to her boss outside by me so I could chuck a potion at her just in case she denied her a promotion.  Just kidding.  But not really.

Thankfully she said yes, so I didn't have to throw any potions at anyone.

It was a good thing I didn't have to take a break from my work because I managed to create another new potion.

I managed to create all of the potions that I could, which completed another skill challenge.  Another requirement checked off.  I still needed to complete a few more, however.  One skill challenge that I could complete is to tutor someone in a skill for a few hours.  I talked to Daphne and she volunteered to be my student.  I taught her all about the mechanical skill because she needed to know if for her job at the military.  It was definitely a win-win.

We took a break when when got hungry.  Mom cooked up some firecracker shrimp for Daphne and herself while she prepared some plasma fruit for Dad and me, fresh from the garden.  I think she made the shrimp a bit too spicy as Daphne literally was breathing fire after she ate.

Unfortunately, breathing fire, Daphne set the kitchen table on fire.  She managed to put it out, though.  Crisis averted.

Daphne then went and worked out for a bit to calm herself down.  She managed to max the athletic skill while she was exercising.

I headed into my room to work with my telescope.  I stared at the wall and contorted my arms in a surprisingly comfortable way.  I did discover some new stars, though.

I went to work the next day and I got my final promotion.  Getting my final promotion completed my final 5,000 point wish.  The only thing I had left to do now was purchase my final lifetime reward.  I purchased the immortal reward so I could now go out in the sun.  The only downside was I was now very sparkly.  Great.

So, I had completed all of my requirements.  I talked to Daphne about having kids and she asked me if we could wait another day or two because she wanted to get in one more promotion before she took off on maternity leave.  I agreed.  I now had some free time on my hands so that was no problem.  Speaking of free time, Dad gave me his guitar to fiddle around with while I was at home.

I decided to head outside and enjoy my new ability to be outdoors during the day and play some music for the passersby.

And I put on a little performance outside a nearby coffee shop.  Not a single tip for my music.  The nerve of some people.

That instance was quickly forgotten as I got a call from Daphne and she told me the good news of her newest promotion.  She was over half way done with her career and her lifetime wish.  I rushed home because my wife and I had some important business to take care of.

We weren't sure if we were successful right away.  Daphne went to work as normal the following morning and said she felt fine.  However, right before the end of her shift, she stepped outside, feeling a little funny.

Daphne came home and I was a little surprised that she was back so early.  I asked her if everything was okay and she nodded with a bright smile on her face.  We were going to be parents!

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Rigel Duty: A Lifestates Dynasty- Ch.15- Only in a Dynasty (Oct 2)
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2014, 11:40:17 AM »
Oh, werewolves and table manners  ;) Congratulations to Ori and I can't wait to see who the next heir(s) will be.

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2014, 01:08:35 PM »
Congratulations to the parents-to-be!

There were too many accomplishments in this update to congratulate you on each one so instead, Congratulations on any and all accomplishments you made in this update!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2014, 12:01:50 PM »
I just wanted to do a quick post to say thanks to everyone who has read so far- we've hit 1000 views already!  Thanks  ;D  Looking forward to reading more of your comments and thoughts as we continue to the next generation!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2014, 12:28:09 PM »
Oh, werewolves and table manners  ;) Congratulations to Ori and I can't wait to see who the next heir(s) will be.

That interaction between Daphne and Andi just struck me as funny so I thought I'd include it into the chapter.

Congratulations to the parents-to-be!

There were too many accomplishments in this update to congratulate you on each one so instead, Congratulations on any and all accomplishments you made in this update!

Works for me!

Chapter 16- Wereboos

Though I had already suspected, Daphne came home from work and told me the good news.

That being said, I was still very excited to hear the news from Daphne.

After she told me, I immediately spun her around for a kiss.

I was just so excited.  Daphne and I had rolled the wish to have our first child a while ago but had to hold off until I completed all of my requirements for the dynasty.

Since she was technically royalty now by marrying into the family, I made sure I treated Daphne like a queen during her pregnancy.  I spared no expense on her daily spa treatment.  I wanted to make sure that she was relaxed and very well taken care of.

Dad knew how happy I was.  Seeing me so happy made him feel the same way.  He hugged me and told me that he was proud of me for all that I'd done so far and said that I would be a great father. 

Later that night, we all went to bed early.  We wanted to get in as much rest possible in before the baby came.  However, a visitor had other plans.

I think all of the excitement had an effect on Daphne because, a few hours later, she went into labor.

I, of course, did what any responsible husband and father-to-be would do and panicked.

Daphne smacked me out of it (literally) and I came back to my senses.  We rushed to the car and I drove us to the hospital.  After a bit of time, Daphne and I were pleased to welcome our son, Caelum, into the world.  Caelum is Eccentric and a Heavy Sleeper.  He is a werewolf.

We were also pleased, albeit a bit surprised, to welcome our daughter, Aurora, into the world.  Aurora is Neurotic and Easily Impressed.  Like her brother, Aurora is also a werewolf.  We had two wereboos. 

Despite the happiness and glow of new parenthood, I had a nagging sadness in the back of my mind.  Since both Caelum and Aurora were werewolves, I would one day have to decide between them on who would become the heir.  I now understood how difficult that decision was when my parents had to make it.  I love both of my children equally; how could I choose?  I shook my head and pushed that thought out my mind.  Right now, I just wanted to enjoy my children and their baby days.  We added a room onto the house for the twins to share.  We decorated it in Irish Green and Spice Brown, Caelum and Aurora's favorite colors respectively.

And we also had to make some minor tweaks to the kitchen and dining room for the twins' room.

And there you have it: another heir vote in the future!  Caelum versus Aurora.  I can't wait to see who you choose as the next heir when it comes time for the heir to be chosen  ;D.

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
Re: Rigel Duty: A Lifestates Dynasty- Ch.16- Wereboos (Oct 6)
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »
So far, I'm leaning towards Cealum. His eccentric trait sounds like more fun.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2014, 04:24:50 PM »
I noticed that you're using the wood-fire oven. Very useful in a life states dynasty.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2014, 05:28:27 AM »
Welcome Caelum and Aurora, I love those names. I finally get to vote in a dynasty so I'm looking forward to the twins growing up.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2014, 03:16:01 PM »
Yeah that eccentric trait should make for a fun heir! But the easily impressed trait could also lead to some interesting storylines! What to do? What to do? I know! Wait til I see teenaged wereboos in action!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2014, 11:25:43 AM »
So far, I'm leaning towards Cealum. His eccentric trait sounds like more fun.

There is an eccentric sim in this dynasty, but I won't say if it's Caelum or a later heir  ;)

I noticed that you're using the wood-fire oven. Very useful in a life states dynasty.

I have come to really like using the wood fire oven.  I got it when my sister and I bought the Monte Vista/Dragon Valley pack together.  I know that the ghosts in the Sakura family had a lot of fun with it, especially Hiller.  He liked to make country bread and leave it on the counter for the family.

Welcome Caelum and Aurora, I love those names. I finally get to vote in a dynasty so I'm looking forward to the twins growing up.

This is not the only heir vote.  I thought it might be the last one but I was wrong  ;)

Yeah that eccentric trait should make for a fun heir! But the easily impressed trait could also lead to some interesting storylines! What to do? What to do? I know! Wait til I see teenaged wereboos in action!

I made my decision when they became teens so that is probably a really good time to decide  :)

Chapter 17- Pampered

I don't think that there was a single moment that Caelum and Aurora were not being played with or attended to by one of the people in the house.

There was no doubt that my kids were descendants from royalty because they were certainly pampered like royalty!

Even Dad was really involved with the twins.  Mom always said that she didn't believe that Dad disliked children as much as he claimed and I'm inclined to agree with her.  He would use his vampire speed to beat us to the twins whenever one of them needed a feeding, a changing, or what have you.

Mom was also enjoying her newfound grandparenthood.

I think that they were enjoying it a little too much because it almost got to the point where Daphne and I had to fight my parents for time with our children.  Of course, Daphne used military strategy to beat them to the kids while I used my vampire speed.

Victory!

While Dad was basking in being a grandparent, he did make sure to spend time with the rest of the family, including Luna.  She had a party at her house and invited us.  Obviously, we all couldn't attend because of the twins but Dad made sure that he went.  Luna told Dad that she was very excited to have a niece and a nephew.

When Dad went to visit Luna, he made sure to pass on a message to her from Daphne and me, inviting her to the house that weekend for the twins' birthday party.  She agreed to come over, which I was happy to hear. 

That weekend, Mom made two birthday cakes for Caelum and Aurora.  Caelum, the oldest, went first.

Followed by Aurora.

Luna and Daphne were still really good friends.  They chatted over some birthday cake.

I, meanwhile, helped the twins get dressed in some new outfits.  Here is Caelum.  He has my hair and Daphne's eyes.

Daphne started teaching Caelum how to talk while I went with Aurora to the dresser.

Aurora got Daphne's hair and Mom's eyes.  Purple eyes made it to generation 3!!

As soon as I got her dressed in a new outfit, Dad snatched Aurora to teach her how to talk.

Both were still in the running to be the heir, so we were all going to make sure that Caelum and Aurora were ready to move on to childhood.  But hopefully, that wouldn't come too quickly.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • The sun, the moon, the stars all bear my seal
Re: Rigel Duty: A Lifestates Dynasty- Ch.17- Pampered (Oct 10)
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2014, 02:58:43 PM »
I'm leaning toward those purple eyes.

Same! But they're both cutie-pies. I hope you got some shots of them doing cute werewolf toddler things. I have a weakness for their little howls!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2014, 06:01:13 PM »
I just noticed that I know which bin sim Andi was made from. I think that's a sign of addiction.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2014, 06:28:48 AM »
Aw, it's going to be hard to chose between them - I do like the purple eyes being inherited.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2014, 10:42:03 AM »
Purple eyes! My vote is now clear!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2014, 12:44:42 PM »
I'm leaning toward those purple eyes.

I was so happy when I saw Andi's eyes made it another generation, especially since her hair appears to have died out.

Same! But they're both cutie-pies. I hope you got some shots of them doing cute werewolf toddler things. I have a weakness for their little howls!

Toddler werewolf howls=epic cuteness.  I'm not sure if I have any because of focusing on toddler training and getting them to age up on a good day that would allow them to have enough school days to make the honor roll  ::)

I just noticed that I know which bin sim Andi was made from. I think that's a sign of addiction.

I prefer to call it dedication  ;)

Aw, it's going to be hard to chose between them - I do like the purple eyes being inherited.

Purple eyes! My vote is now clear!

The purple eyes really seem to be working in Aurora's favorite for the heir poll  :)

Chapter 18- Mistaken Identity

My Mom and Dad cannot get over the fact that Caelum looks identical to me as I did when I was his age.  (I actually had to do a double take because I thought photobucket took me to an old picture of Orion instead of Caelum.  They are identical except for different eye colors)

Caelum:

Orion:

Okay, Mom.  Point proven.  Let's move on, shall we?  I sat down with Caelum to continue teaching him how to talk.

We had to stop for a potty break, however.

It seems like Daphne and Aurora had the same interruption.

Both Caelum and Aurora learned to talk and so our next steps were to, well, help them with their wobbly little steps and teach them to how walk.

Caelum and Aurora were doing very well on their toddle requirements.  They had already learned how to walk, talk and how to use the potty by themselves.  I'm not surprised because they were both extremely smart!  But then again, I just might be biased on that one...Anyway, since they were both still in the running to become the next heir, Caelum and Aurora would both be learning the xylophone and peg box.

Caelum liked to eat the xylophone hammer while Aurora liked to eat the pegs.  I sense a theme here...

They got the hang of things eventually.

The kids never played by themselves for very long.  One of us was always there to come and play with them and to help them with their skills.

And no toddler stage would be complete without the obligatory attack of the claw shot!

Two kids=two shots of the attack of the claw.

By the end of the week, both Caelum and Aurora had completed their toddler requirements.  Daphne and I just sat on the couch and watched the kids play with their dolls that we got from some obscure relative or something.  We wanted to enjoy the last few moments of the twins being cute and snuggly toddlers.  Tomorrow, they would be growing up into a big boy and a big girl.  Where did the time go?

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
Re: Rigel Duty: Chapter 18- Mistaken Identity (Oct 12)
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2014, 02:22:29 PM »
Sorry, I was out to see some family. At least I get more updates.

I think I'll have to vote neutral on this one so far. His trait. Her eyes.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2014, 05:09:13 PM »
Caelum will definatly be cute if he's his father's clone  :D

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2014, 11:14:16 AM »
Sorry, I was out to see some family. At least I get more updates.

I think I'll have to vote neutral on this one so far. His trait. Her eyes.

I never have an easy time deciding between the twins either  :(

Caelum will definatly be cute if he's his father's clone  :D

It's really amazing how both Caelum and Aurora resemble their parents.  When Aurora aged up to YA, I mistook her for Daphne a few times in the portrait panels because they looked so similar too.

Chapter 19- First is Evil

Daphne and I were both a little sad but very excited as the twin's birthdays rolled around that weekend.  Both kids had completed their requirements so they were both ready to age up into big little wereboos.  Caelum, the oldest, went first.

The sparkles swirled around him and Caelum stood up, preparing to grow up.

And suddenly, Caelum was no longer a little wereboo.

Apparently the family forgot that we had two kids because they all went to share some of Caelum's birthday cake while I went to get Aurora to bring her to her own birthday cake.

I guess me loudly saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY AURORA" made them remember and they all rushed over to help me celebrate my little girl's birthday.

Even though they may have temporarily forgotten, the family cheered as if they were waiting for this moment all day.

I put Aurora on the floor so she could do the birthday ritual.  Of course, Caelum nearly knocked his sister out when he opened the dishwasher.

Thankfully, Aurora didn't seem to notice as she continued to clap and cheer for her birthday.

And then she did the sparkle twirl.

Both Caelum and Aurora went off to the dresser to update their clothes and hair.  While they were doing so, we took the opportunity to update their bedroom.

Here is Caelum.  Apparently, there is some unspoken rule in this dynasty that the first twin must always be evil because Caelum rolled the Evil trait, just like his Aunty Luna.

Here is Aurora.  She rolled the Daredevil trait.  A neurotic daredevil?  That should be interesting...(and kudos to anyone who recognized that Aurora is wearing ChaCha's old outfit from the Sakura Immortals)

Once the kids were happy with their new outfits, Dad and I worked with them to tutor them so that they would be able to start off school with an A, ensuring that they would make the honor roll.  Dad worked with Caelum.

And I worked with Aurora.

By the end of the evening, both Caelum and Aurora had an A for school.  After the tutoring session, Caelum gave his grandfather a big hug.  Dad hugged his only grandson back and then proceeded to shoo him from the room.  I am still baffled on how Dad can be such a great grandfather and father one moment and then shoo his grandkids from the room the next. 

Thankfully, Caelum and Aurora loved their grandfather anyway.

It was kind of funny to see Camillo shoo Caelum and Aurora from the room growing up.  He never did that with his own children but I guess the Dislikes Children trait didn't kick in until Generation 3  :o

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Rigel Duty: Chapter 19- First is Evil (Oct 14)
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2014, 12:56:20 PM »
Oh, Camillo  ::) Now that Caelum has the evil trait I'm leaning a little towards him.

anything