Author Topic: Immortal Rain  (Read 18125 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Immortal Rain
« on: September 03, 2014, 09:55:14 AM »
Don't expect an actual story here. It will be more of a place to post my family's stats and a few screenshots. This will be a simplified dynasty try. Meaning, I will be using only portraits in the family museum, and I will keep spares and helpers to the minimum. My house and décor will be simple. I'm hoping all this will help with load and save times. This will be my first official ID attempt. Celebrities will be shut off and only witches enabled. We are going old school and settling in Sunset Valley. Fishing, Charisma, Athletics, Logic, and all instruments will be open skills.

That said here is my founder, March Rain. His traits are Green Thumb, Angler, Loves the Outdoors, Friendly, and Hopeless Romantic, and obviously, he is a Witch. His LTW is The Perfect Garden. His role in the dynasty will be gardening and providing those first deathfish.

On his first day, March went to introduce himself to Agnes Crumplebottom. I'm probably the only person in Simnation who has never used Agnes in a dynasty. Their meeting went well and they were married on day two. A nice little house was built. On day three, they received a Fountain of Youth from Cornelia Goth as a wedding present. Suddenly, they were worth more than 500k. So much for early money struggles. Here's Agnes looking quite lovely after her make-over. Agnes will be painting, cooking, and writing a few books.

We have our first heir, April Rain, an Artistic Virtuoso. Eventually, she will be the dynasty's painter. She is definitely Agnes's daughter.

And Daddy teaching her to talk.
March: I grow fruits and vegetables. Although broccoli is still a mystery to me.

And as Agnes is a somewhat older woman, a second child was needed. Winter Rain will be painting and cooking.

So far, compared to other dynasties, this seems to move at a more leisurely pace.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Immortal Rain
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 10:55:44 AM »
Great start KRae.  The Fountain of Youth has to be the best wedding present ever.  Period.  I absolutely have my fingers crossed for an heir/spare named November Rain  ;D 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 09:34:00 AM »
The children grew up fast. April added the trait Family Oriented. Here she is waiting to talk to her mother who is painting her child portrait...don't interrupt her.

And in the blink of an eye, she's off to prom. She is now also a Born Saleswoman. She will be in charge of consigning.

Winter is exactly a week younger. As a spare, he is the only one allowed a multitab. He never needs to be made to do his homework.

He also is an obsessive painter. We have 4 easels, and many times he has paintings going on all four of them.

By the time he became a teen, he had maxed photography (multitab only) and was at level 7 in painting.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 07:51:14 PM »
Wow, Winter seems to be doing great! He's going to be a tremendous spare for sure  :D

That's right Agnes, keep painting. Focus. No talking to your daughter or doing Mom things when doing museum pieces :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 08:55:21 AM »
I absolutely adore the name Winter! And it works well as either sex!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 09:17:01 AM »
A very short update here.
April became a young adult adding the Brave trait. We seem to be getting weekly burglars. She will continue developing her guitar and painting skills hoping to become a Master of the Arts. She looks sort of like I did as a young adult.

Two days after April's birthday, March became an elder and immediately got his portrait painted. The next morning he took a trip to the library to make one last best friend. He now qualifies to carry a death flower and eat ambrosia.

Generation One

March Rain - Green Thumb, Angler, Loves the Outdoors, Friendly, Hopeless Romantic

LTW - The Perfect Garden
Career - Gardener
Supermax - Gardening
Building - Sacred Spleen Memorial Hospital
Property - Summer Hill Springs
LTRs - Super Green Thumb, No Bills Ever, Flying Vacuum
BFs - Agnes Rain, Winter Rain, Monika Morris, Kaylynn Langerak, Malcolm Landgraab, Santiago Keaton
Opportunities - Uncommonly Good, A Bag of Produce, Perfect Produce, Outstandingly Rare, The Omnificent Plant, Monster from the Deep

And here he is with his portraits and rewards.

Edited to add: Week 7 Day 1

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »
Congrats on your first immortal completing his requirements!  And April is lovely  ;D

Your wish is my command.

I also forgot to mention that you made one Guns n' Roses/Slash fan very happy   ;D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 08:34:36 AM »
Soon after completing his requirements, March took a long awaited trip to France. He went shopping and harvested grapes then went fishing and nectar tasting while waiting for a certain pomegranate tree to become harvestable. Telling it jokes didn't seem to speed up the process.

Soon Winter became a young adult. His final traits are Artistic, Loves the Outdoors, Friendly, Natural Cook, and Heavy Sleeper.

Way too soon, at age 93, Agnes passed on. She will be missed.

I guess everyone reacts to grief differently.

A few days later, April married her friend from school, Mike Donohue. He and his sister, Diane, were the only non-NPCs in their class. There was a definite attraction between the two of them, and when he visited he got along well with the whole family. Although no one is Observant and Athletic was the only trait discovered, he seemed like a good addition to the family. As it turns out, his traits are Athletic, Loves the Outdoors, Angler, Green Thumb, and Bookworm. Well no wonder everyone one loves him! Oh, and these are the clothes he came with.

Right before my last save, chimes were heard.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »
I think that is the first time I've ever seen a sim deal with death by telling Grim a ghost story. Awesome.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 08:10:40 PM »
Here's another picture of Mike. I've just left him in his original clothes. These are his athletic duds. The red/pink high tops are a particularly nice touch.

That's okay because he and April produced our next heir, November Rain, Friendly and Easily Impressed. Definitely Daddy's girl.

She will be the dynasty chef so her toddlerhood will be one of mostly fun and play.

I guess I've gotten used to playing dynasties where you can age up toddlers as soon as they've met certain requirements because it seems like toddlerhood drags on forever. As soon as November learned her toddler skills, April and Mike took a quick trip to China. It was the day after April's adult birthday and all her requirements have been met except her elder portrait and 4 more best friends. Most everyone she knows is an elder. They brought back cherries and martial arts equipment. This will be an open skill and something to keep the elders occupied.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 08:13:52 PM »
I totally understand your feelings about the age ups. With the 4x4 their years are shortened and with the LS dynasty they just have a few requirements. I don't know about the decadynasty but with the immortal dynasty I never can stand the toddler years. So boring!

Curveball

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 04:45:12 AM »
Random clothing selections are hilarious in Sims 3, true. Congrats on Gen 3 :)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 03:39:21 PM »
Those pink hightops are just pure awesomeness.  And welcome to November  ;D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 12:06:09 PM »
Toddlerhood passed, finally, and November became a child who loved spending time at the family owned park across the street.

Here she is fishing with the guys. She just caught her biggest minnow ever. Can you see it?

Childhood passed quickly and November became a lovely teen. She went home with a friend, Vivek Willey, after school, and after she discovered that he too is family oriented, invited him to prom. He showed up for their prom date with his toddler sibling in tow. Fortunately, the babe reset, and off they went in the limo. November was voted prom queen and got herself a boyfriend.

Homework is hard when no one is around to help. Plates left from breakfast don't help.

April, meanwhile, became an elder and seems pretty pleased with herself. She should be. All her requirements were met except the elder portrait. So off to the dresser and then to pose.

Generation Two

April Rain - Artistic, Virtuoso, Family Oriented, Born Salesman, Brave

LTW - Master of the Arts
Career - Painter
Supermax - Painting
Building - Wilsonoff Community Theater
Property - Landgraab Sell n' Swap
LTRs - Extra Creative, Jet Setter, Discount Diner
BFs - March Rain, Mike Rain, Ricky Champagne, Delores Ball, Christen Ursine, Tiana Falcon
Ops - The Study of Art, In the End, The Business of Décor, Raise the Fun(d), A Retreat to Inspiration, Painting the City

In the family museum with her portraits and awards

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »
Congrats on your second immortal!  I really like your immortal museum.  The layout looks great  :)  And happy birthday to November.  She is lovely!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 07:17:09 PM »
Whoa, November is a total stunner!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 06:38:16 PM »
November became a young adult and added Neat to her traits as she was always cleaning up after everyone anyway. She decided a short haircut was in order for her culinary career. It goes well with her little pixie face.

At graduation November, valedictorian of course, was voted most likely to have a large family. Well, I guess it's a matter of interpretation.

The family graveyard is on the far side of the park across the street. Agnes has never come for a visit, but is often seen skinny dipping in the hot tub.

After reaching level 5 in her career, November married long-time boyfriend, Vivek. Although they don't have the attracted moodlet around each other, they are often spontaneously romantic. Vivek does have the attracted moodlet with his mother-in-law and Uncle Winter. Hmm.

November completed her 6th op and reached level 8 in her career two days before her adult birthday and decided to take a break and start a family. Chimes were heard. A few hours later the family had a sudden visitor. Agnes will have company. Rest in peace, Mike Rain age 94. You were a great garden helper, a proliferative writer, and a willing sparring partner who always won.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 07:18:29 PM »
RIP Mike, you will be missed. And Agnes is a skinny dipping ghost? That's a new one  :o

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 04:11:10 PM »
With 23 hrs left on the mourning moodlet this happened.

Winter Rain, age 90, went with Grim. Not great timing with a pregnant woman in the house. At least November's mourning moodlets didn't stack. Poor April had both the heart broken and mourning moodlets. Both went off to the spa for the most expensive package.

Our 4th generation soon made his appearance. October Rain, a Friendly Heavy Sleeper, has his father's coloring, but I think his features may be more like his mother's. Time will tell.

Toddler cuteness. Playing with Daddy. With 3 Family Oriented adults in the house, he is rarely alone.

November: We have a computer upstairs somewhere I think. 

He is fed on a regular basis. Honest.

Ghost cuteness. Winter tries out the trampoline.

Then joins his mother in the hot tub. At least he's wearing his trunks.

And Mike staying above it all.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 04:50:59 PM »
October is just too cute!  He certainly makes everything better with that cute little face  ;D

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 05:28:50 PM »
Good dynasty! November is very pretty, I love her hair it's suits her.

Your ghosts are fun :P

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 08:17:42 PM »
Every time I hear the ghost music, I go check to see what they're up to. Sometimes they're just complaining about the presence of ghosts, but other times they're really fun to watch. They make much better use of the park than they did when alive.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 10:46:09 AM »
Our little prince became a child, and, just like his mother, loves playing pretend. Like his father, he has developed a good sense of humor.

As a teen, October began his life's work, Alchemy. Love that Chinese incense.

Vivek and October are always the first up in the morning and share a breakfast of left-overs. Vivek is now an elder, the skinniest elder I've ever seen. Long sleeves and horizontal stripes don't seem to help much. October's RI is a rather pudgy teen who is an artistic, virtuoso genius. Pudgy is probably just what this dynasty of noodle thin people needs.

November is now an elder. Where did that long, white hair come from? Eat your cake and get thee to the dresser and mirror.

That's better. Now pose for your portrait and your requirements will be completed.

Generation Three

November Rain - Easily Impressed, Friendly, Family Oriented, Natural Cook, Neat

LTW - The Culinary Librarian
Career - Culinary
Supermax - Cooking
Building - Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner
Property - Aleister's Elixirs and Sundries
LTR - Born to Cook, Eye Candy, Speedy Cleaner
BFs - April Rain, Vivek Rain, Deidra Sawyer, Ismael Beckman, Eli Sawyer, Duncan Wicks
Ops - Falafel Portfolio, Some Reading Material, That's Outstanding, Burgers for Sims in Uniform, New High Quality Ingredients, Super Stir-Fry

November in the family museum with her portraits and cooking certificate

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 10:00:45 PM »
Congrats on your third immortal! I know what you mean about the noodle thin people. In my lifestates, one of the later generations is like that. They desperately need some meat on their bones or else they're going to end up looking like a skeleton like Bonehilda  :o

Curveball

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 01:43:07 PM »
Congratulations! I love how you pose them, with proper lighting and everything. And the skill certificates are an idea I'll have to steal...  ;) Are you dressing them in their favorite colors?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 05:26:53 PM »
Yes, I am dressing them in their favorite colors, and in the museum their chair will also be that color. The night wear for each immortal elder is a robe in their favorite color as well. It helps cover up some of their skinniness.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 05:42:42 PM »
Yes, I am dressing them in their favorite colors, and in the museum their chair will also be that color. The night wear for each immortal elder is a robe in their favorite color as well. It helps cover up some of their skinniness.

I did the dress code and robe thing as well (and different hair colors too) everything to make it easier for me to separate them. It worked like a charm.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »
Like I've always said "Great minds run along the same gutters". Oh, that's not quite right.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »
October became a young adult adding the Family Oriented trait. He looks a lot like his father whose favorite color is also pink.

At age 93 Vivek shook Grim's hand and joined the happy ghosts across the street. Thank you, Vivek, for your wonderful son and all the jokes. Oh, and for not being an incredible flirt.

When he was a teen, October was already a talented alchemist. His girlfriend, Janet, was several days older. When
she became a YA, she went from pudgy to huge. October decided to do an experiment (well, I did) and threw a Lean and Mean at Janet who became scary thin. Now when I've done this before, the weight is usually regained in about a week. When it was time for them to marry maybe two weeks later, Janet was still a stick figure. Oops. Fortunately after entering the household she started rounding out a little. Here she is about 5 hours from giving birth.

Our fifth heir, July Rain, a Brave Genius with her mother's beautiful hair.

So Janet's weight is now, right after childbirth, about where it was when she was a teen.

And here she is two days later playing with July. I suspect she'll get bigger yet. I don't mind. She's very lovely and has the traits Genius, Virtuoso, Lucky, Green Thumb and something I forget - but it was another good trait.

Learning to talk with Daddy's help. No sorry, neither one of you will be traveling - you might not make it back.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2014, 01:39:33 PM »
July is so cute! Her hair is lovely. That's a really nice shade and the highlights are really pretty.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2014, 08:55:32 PM »
Life goes on. July became a child adding the Daredevil trait.

This little boy, Ernest Castle, has come home from school with July three days in a row. They have become best friends.

The afterlife goes on as well. Winter here is enjoying the sprinkler. No surprise. The only surprise I guess is that it took him so long to discover it.

After earning his white belt, October had an immediate wish to spar with March. It didn't go too well for him. 2 - 0.

Upon losing, he immediately challenged his mother to a pillow fight. This went better.

July became a lovely teen gaining Loves the Outdoors. She's at level 8 in logic, but it won't be her supermax.

Remember the little boy playing with the doll house? July asked him to prom. Nothing negative happened to her all night. I didn't know that was even possible.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 09:35:15 PM »
July is stunning!  I love her hair and eyes; they go so well with her skin tone.  She is going to be such a beauty when she grows up  :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 12:35:46 AM »
October and Janet are a very affectionate couple, always wishing for each other. I grow very attached to spouses and spares possibly because I know their time will end.

Janet aged up to elder all by herself on the way home from work. She's at that stage in the music career when the shift lasts until 10pm. She seems very pleased even so.

October and July shared their next birthday. July added Handy to her traits.

She graduated the next day becoming the class valedictorian and being selected Most Likely to Electrocute Herself. That does not bode well for her Handiness Supermax and Firefighter career.

While July headed off to start her new job, everyone else went home where April completed October's elder portrait and he ate his first ambrosia.

Generation Four

October Rain - Heavy Sleeper, Friendly, Good Sense of Humor, Charismatic, Family Oriented

LTW - Alchemy Artisan
Career - Alchemist
Supermax - Alchemy
Building - Llama Memorial Stadium
Property - The Grind
LTRs - Observant, Legendary Host, Carefree
BFs - November Rain, Janet Rain, Jovan O'Donnell, Wendell Castle, Leona Choi, Brianna Craft
Ops - Pile of Permission Slips, Scavenger Hunt: Butterfly Bonanza, A Fishy Science Project, Allow Me to Introduce Myself, Alchemic Mastery, Tough Negotiating
Here with his portraits

Ice blasting witches are useful when broken plumbing and appliances are required.

Of course everyone is in their nightwear for this.

July married Jovan O'Donnell who she met at the library when she was a child and he a teen. The day she aged up to teen, he aged up to young adult, but they've been best friends the whole time.

July completed her firefighter career very quickly. I've got no pictures of her in action. She took care of one rabbithole emergency and two buggy large fires. That was it. Her career advanced basically on learning handiness and athletics. She did receive the key to the city.

Shortly after returning home, she realized she was pregnant.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2014, 10:39:09 AM »
Congrats on your fourth immortal! Can't wait to see the nooboo :)

Curveball

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 04:56:16 PM »
Mwahaha witches are awesome for handiness supermaxes, true. Congrats on gen 4! Your thing is definitely going faster than mine :)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2014, 11:27:39 AM »
Hello.

I'm in love with all your sims, they are so pretty. Congratulations on getting four immortals already  ;)
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2014, 05:49:11 PM »
Thanks for the comments, everyone. I really do appreciate each and every one.

July went into labor two days later, and the next heir, December Rain (a girl), was born with the traits Virtuoso and Heavy Sleeper. I love my heavy sleepers. She is worth the pain and scary collarbone protrusion.

The evening before December's first birthday, Janet passed away. Thank you, Janet , for being a wonderful wife, friend, and mother. And for being such a good sport about losing in chess to your daughter - every single game.

This is what she missed, her sweet grandchild as a toddler. December is very much like her father. Favorite color green, green eyes, brown hair with greenish highlights (why???).

Learning to talk.   Jovan: You will be happier when you come to accept that everyone in this house fishes. You will be sent endlessly across the street as an elder to fish and thus defeat the wicked stir-crazy moodlet.
Yes, that's how Jovan talks.

Living in a house with six grownups, three who are family oriented, December is rarely left alone. Here November decides to teach her to walk only to be interrupted by October who is in need of some serial tossing the nooboo in the air. Then he is interrupted by April who must tickle December right Now! Much foot tapping

This ordinary looking scene is actually amazing. July has discovered the basement all on her own. In all my dynasties, no one goes to the basement except when I make them pose for a picture.

It's turning into a regular family hangout. Maybe I'll reward them with a pool table.

March and October have a little competition going. They are always wishing to spar with each other. Jovan and July were given a golf range for a wedding present. March, October, and July (the only ones with any athletic skill) use it quite often, but as soon as March sets a new record, October wishes to set one. And then March does and on and on and on.

You can see it in the background here. Apparently five windows have been broken, three cars struck, and the ball has hit the water seven times.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2014, 05:29:47 AM »
RIP Janet, what an awesome mum. Loving the rivalry for top spot between March and October.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2014, 12:17:42 AM »
December had her child birthday adding Loves the Outdoors.

You know what that means. Can't say she wasn't warned.

Jovan is now an elder, fishing in his jammies every chance he gets.

An immortal lifetime spent reading and playing video games. Sounds about right.

Childhood goes so much faster than toddlerhood. December became a Disciplined teen.

Learning to drive in Mom's expensive car went pretty well. Much better than prom with one denied dance, one three eyed llama, and four fights. Being named prom queen hardly balanced all that out. Now that's what I expect from prom.

Rocking out with G-G Grandma April.

December begins learning nectar making, soon to be her career and life's passion.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2014, 10:46:48 AM »
December is stunning. I find fishing to be boring as well.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2014, 11:14:04 AM »
Good luck with nectarmaking.  I've done it twice and one time Vizard of Vine registered and the other time, it didn't  :o.  Hope it works out for you!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2014, 08:14:41 PM »
The day before December's YA birthday, July became an elder. She could accept being older, but those clothes had to go.

Generation Five

July Rain - Genius, Brave, Daredevil, Loves the Outdoors, Handy

LTW - The Tinkerer
Career - Firefighter
Supermax - Handiness
Building - Landgraab Industries Science Facility
Property - Papyrus Memorial Library
LTR's - Profession Simoleon Booster, Engaging, The Hustler
BF's - October Rain, Hassan John, Cora Bautista, Ruby Coker, Noemi Contreras, Kasey Contreras
Ops - Riddle Away, Shower Upgrade, Bring Back the Jams, The Complete Circuit, Logic 101, Frequent Fatigue

July with her portraits, certificates, and some of her firefighter awards

Now that she is no longer in school, December spends a good deal of time in the sub-basement nectary which has attracted many family members to the subterranean regions of the house.

Some have even tried the pool table - badly.

December harvesting homegrown French varietal grapes in an attempt to become Vizard of Vine. I thought I was going to have to ask permission to count it, but after 460 bunches it actually registered!

December and her appropriately named boyfriend, Jebidiah John. Most of their courtship took place here. Don't know why, but everytime she visited he needed the bathroom.

They met when his father called to see if the family wanted his child to come over and play. As it turned out, the child was actually a teen (18 days older), but they had a great time playing tag and video games. They married in the yard. Much better than the potty.

It's good to have a somewhat older spouse in the last part of a dynasty as Jovan proved by living to age 105. Goodbye, Jovan, we'll miss your endless fishing and discussions about cameras.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2014, 08:06:43 AM »
Congratulations to July on immortality and December on her wedding and for getting Vizard of Vine, I leave that challenge well alone. RIP Jovan.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2014, 04:00:21 PM »
December is eating watermelon, lots of watermelon.

The result: January Rain -Virtuoso, Heavy Sleeper. She has her mom's green eyes and her father's black hair. Thank you. She is the 4th out of seven immortal/immortal to be to have red as a favorite color.

October Rain, potty trainer extraordinaire. Never takes more than twice.

Jebidiah and January playing their favorite game while November taps her foot in impatience waiting her turn.

Snuggle time with Mom. There is so much competition for January's time.

Our last dynasty spouse is now an elder. Even though he hasn't been with the family that long he's maxed gardening and guitar and is at level 8 in his science career. I'm really trying to get him a large tombstone (thank you wish enhancing elixirs).

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2014, 04:09:07 PM »
Wow, the last spouse already?  January has lovely green eyes.  Thank goodness she didn't get the puke green hair  ;) 

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2014, 04:42:49 AM »
January is so cute, hopefully Jebidiah lives a while longer to see his daughter grow up.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2014, 08:30:11 AM »
Just so he doesn't live too long. Sadly, room must be made for the final heir.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2014, 03:31:41 PM »
While January is a happy child, she spends far to much time with her Imaginary Friend who will never be able to join the household. Time to gift it to October who will in turn give it to one of his unsuspecting instant friends.

Well, I guess that's better.

Definitely better. Mother, daughter, and granddaughter enjoying the sprinkler together.

January became a lovely teen and is best friends with the entire family. She added the Savvy Sculptor trait.

The next day it was December's turn. Aging to elder in your swim suit can be depressing.

All her requirements completed, December becomes immortal.

Generation Six

December Rain - Virtuoso, Heavy Sleeper, Loves the Outdoors, Disciplined, Easily Impressed

LTW - Swimming in Cash
Career - Nectar Maker
Supermax - Nectar Making (thanks to Nutella's advice on Vizard of Vine)
Building - Sharma Day Spa
Property - Central Park
LTRs - Hover Bed, Excellent Groupie, Professional Slacker
BFs - July Rain, Jebidiah Rain, Denny Wiggins, Harold Lopes, Calvin Salmon, Shantell Monahan
Ops - Stinky Bugs, Attend Master Class, Training for Dummies, Walking Bass Line, The Stand-In, Fresh Fish

December with her portraits and nectar making rewards

Okay, someone's been breaking space rocks behind my back. Hey, that's a pink diamond! December's martial arts uniform turns her hair gray.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2014, 04:58:40 PM »
The same thing happened to Mizu with her martial arts uniform.  Her hair would change to grey whenever she would practice with the board breaker or training dummy  :o  Congrats on the 6th immortal!

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2014, 06:11:15 AM »
Congratulations to December! I can see January will be even more beautiful as she gets older.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2014, 09:24:16 PM »
January went straight off to city hall to register as a self-employed sculptor and stayed to entertain passersby with her piano.

Ice sculpture number one...a long way to go.

I don't know if Jebidiah is begging for just 2 more days of life to see his daughter's next birthday, or if he just wanted to finish his mushroom omelet. Grim did not listen. Farewell Jebidiah , age 97.

Two days later, January had her young adult birthday.

Ice sculpture number 15. Not a method I would recommend, but what do I know.

January has a boyfriend named Virgil Guevara. She spent the night at his house and didn't feel so good the next day.

When she realized she was pregnant, January invited Virgil over to break the news. I'm not sure if he's pleased or terrified.

A son, August Rain, was born. The time passed quickly and it was soon his first birthday. They had a small family party.

August Rain - Heavy Sleeper, Perceptive
I think he has his father's coloring.

And the obsession begins.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2014, 10:18:53 PM »
August is so cute!! I definitely question January's sculpting methods... :o

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2014, 10:59:52 AM »
That looks so painful. RIP Jeb and welcome to baby August  ;D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2014, 03:58:28 PM »
The last dynasty toddler becomes a child.

August Rain - Heavy Sleeper, Perceptive, Bookworm

August's birthday present is his very own computer, upgraded to unbreakable by July. He's writing his first book, a non-fiction titled "Elders!".

He doesn't spend all his time reading and writing. Here he is listening to a random ghost story after attending a free game at the stadium.

This is what happens when firecracker shrimp is your favorite food. Sometimes he gets a positive moodlet, sometimes it's negative.

Every night there is ghost activity across the street. This is Agnes, the most active ghost, with Jovan (I think).

And Jebidiah catching his first after-death fish. He's just as exciting in death as in life.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2014, 04:21:13 PM »
After death fishing?  :o The last heir...so close and yet so far!

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2014, 06:31:32 AM »
I guess even death can't stop Jeb enjoy his fishing  ;)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2014, 08:00:37 PM »
August entered his teen years adding Good Sense of Humor to his traits.

Gregory McCracken came home with him on his second day of high school. August had the attracted moodlet all the way home on the bus. He had already met a few students, both boys and girls, at school, but Gregory seemed to be the one for him. August asked Gregory to prom, and Gregory agreed as long as he wasn't abducted by space aliens. Unfortunately, Gregory had his birthday the next day. They still went to prom and became boyfriends, but it didn't register because of the age difference. August threw himself into his reading and writing.

As a young adult, August gained the Genius trait and grew a beard. It helps disguise his baby face so he can be taken seriously as an Investigator and author. He and Gregory are now an item. It's so nice that August doesn't have any reproductive responsibilities, so he doesn't have to be forced into what would be an unnatural relationship for him (he only has same sex attraction).

His first Investigation.

A few days later, he has reached level 5.

January has become an elder. All her requirements, except the elder portrait, were completed before her birthday.

A quick make-over, and the portrait is completed.

Generation Seven

January Rain - Virtuoso, Heavy Sleeper, Lucky, Savvy Sculptor, Nurturing

LTW - Living in the Lap of Luxury
Career - Sculptor
Supermax - Sculpting
Building - Doo Peas Corporate Towers
Property - Sunset Institute of Modern Art
LTRs - Artisan Crafter, Entrepreneurial Mindset, Fertility Treatment
BFs - December Rain, August Rain, Virgil Guevara, Susanne Bernard, Kendall Thayer, Michele Pringle
Ops - The Research Project, Outside Reading, Drum Roll, Please!, New Era Master Class, Spaaah Marathon, Help the School

January Rain with her portraits and rewards

On a date with Virgil. Watching the stars is very romantic even when you choose to sit facing the washrooms, I guess.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2014, 08:34:54 PM »
August is so handsome! I'm glad he found Gregory. And congrats on your seventh immortal :)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2014, 04:00:05 AM »
The beard looks good on August and I'm happy he's found love  :D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2014, 04:41:13 PM »
Yes, the perfect disguise for a stakeout at the beach! This was his last job before reaching level 10. There were so many glitches like jobs simply dropping and stakeouts that couldn't be completed, that August quit his investigator job and became a writer.

The family celebrated at the Grind with bad dancing.

And karaoke with Gregory.

A few days later, August celebrated his birthday.

It's ambrosia day. On the next one, 8 plates will be eaten.

November with the family's red dragon, Sparky. Four out of eight Rains prefer the color red.

August got bored with writing (well, I did) so he decided to join the Ghost Hunter career. His first capture, a wrathful ancient!

It's really important that chunks of iron not be possessed by poltergeists.

Becoming best friends with and then convincing this ghost to leave this plane of existence.

August has less than a week until his elder birthday. I may keep what's left of my sanity until then.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2014, 10:46:49 PM »
I have one of my heirs in the Rigel family doing the investigator profession; I totally understand how frustrating it can be.  Stakeouts simply will not work sometimes and that can really set you back.  Very annoying  :(

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2014, 09:30:38 AM »
I would have loved the Investigator profession if it wasn't so buggy, but Ghost Hunting is in my top ten careers list - it's so much fun  ;) You're so close to the end now, can't wait for August to reach immortality!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2014, 07:13:33 PM »
He reached level 10 in both the Investigator and Ghost Hunter careers. It was the day before his elder birthday when I had to quit playing this morning and go into work for a few hours. He's ready for immortality save his elder portrait so if I can I'll finish up in the morning.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2014, 03:20:31 PM »
Finally, August became an elder. It was nice of the family to line up for the picture all in their favorite color robes. Usually one or two would be in their swim wear by 8am.

Generation Eight

August Rain - Heavy Sleeper, Perceptive, Bookworm, Good Sense of Humor, Genius

LTW - Professional Author
Career - Investigator
Supermax - Writing
Building - Little Corsican Bistro
Property - 28 Hour Wellness Gym
LTRs - Opportunistic, Acclaimed Author, Complimentary Entertainment
BFs - January Rain, Percy Corbett, Shelby Corbett, Laquita Mayer, Stacia Gallant, Arnold Braden
Ops - Free Game, Scavenger Hunt: Beetle Quest, The Writing Club, Scrounging for Blackmail, The Case of the Footsore Floater, The Case of a Little Dirt

August with his portraits and some of his awards

The Rain Family, their Dynasty is Complete

March     April     November      October     July     December      January     August

Celebrating the return of their youth

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2014, 04:07:46 PM »
I'm moving this to the Completed Dynasties board. Congratulations!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2014, 05:21:59 PM »
Woot! Congrats!  :D

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2014, 05:25:54 PM »
Congrats, KRae!! Can't wait to see what your next project is  ;)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2014, 07:34:51 PM »
Wow, Krae, you've now completed every dynasty! Congrats!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2014, 07:53:21 PM »
Congratulations Krae a full house of dynasties. Well done

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2014, 09:22:34 PM »
Thanks everyone! I'm just going to be fully exploring the EPs I have. I get so involved in completing dynasties that there's plenty of things I haven't done with TS3 yet. I'm trying to hold off on buying TS4 for a while hoping bugs will be fixed, but word of the new Immortal Dynasty is making it difficult.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2014, 06:00:51 AM »
Congratulations! *throws confetti*  ;D

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2014, 12:04:14 PM »
Congratulations on your dynasty!

Offline smaurine82

• Townie
    • Jensen Legacy
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2016, 03:37:23 PM »
I enjoyed reading this. I wish I could have learned more about each family member, but I see it's your style to focus on playing more than story-telling. So, I appreciate your efforts to share this at all. It inspires me to want to try this challenge sometime in the future.

anything