Author Topic: Babies/Kids and Aging Up  (Read 126904 times)

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
Re: Babies/Kids and Aging Up
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 10:42:20 AM »
Ahh well maybe it's just the combination of the pregnant body and her clothes XDD To me it just looks really weird..
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy

Offline Simsperience

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 01:45:18 PM »
This made me laugh....you DO have her in hot pants and a shorty shirt, which could be why she looks a little silly!  However, if you've ever seen a heavily pregnant woman, that is indeed what they look like from a side profile, especially if it's baby #2 or #3.

I actually really like the belly!  I always thought it was kind of funny in sims 3 because they wouldn't even get that big, but they'd walk around like they were!

I just had my first sim baby and must say that I really don't like it. First of all my female sim was pregnant in such a cartoony way that it was just ridiculous:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 02:44:47 AM »
There are a few features of pregnancy and babies that is cool: pregnancy's look more realistic, last a little longer and the women seem to have smaller bladders and eat/sleep more as in real life. The babies actually sound like babies when crying. Breast feed option is cool, although I have not found any positive/negative gain for doing so. I also like that the moms don't immediately change into horrendous pregnancy clothes once they begin showing.

From my little bit of game play, I see no advantages thus far from letting a baby naturally age into a child, unless you need the time to do something else. I really miss toddlers - but I did get to see an "Unwanted sibling" negative moodlet turn a little girl very, very angry.

Kerry

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 03:14:17 AM »
but I did get to see an "Unwanted sibling" negative moodlet turn a little girl very, very angry.

I love it! Sibling rivalry!

Offline flootiebeauty

• Townie
  • Someday, I'm going to pilot the monorail.
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 07:11:05 PM »
Does anyone know how long babies are babies on the normal and long lifespans? When my sims had their first babies, it was before the patch so they were glitched, and I aged them up almost right away so that I didn't have to look at them.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 09:07:47 PM »
The baby stage is something like 2-3 days.  In the household I've been playing, I let the twins auto-age up and I'm almost positive it was very late on the third day.

Offline flootiebeauty

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 09:49:31 PM »
The baby stage is something like 2-3 days.  In the household I've been playing, I let the twins auto-age up and I'm almost positive it was very late on the third day.

Excellent! Thank you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 10:42:27 AM »
On the long lifespan, they are babies for about 4 times as long.  I'm not sure of the exact length; I was just planning on asking the same question.

I'm currently playing on long.  A few days after birth, I got a notification that the baby's birthday was soon.  About a week later, I got the notification that today was his birthday.  He then stayed a baby for four more days before auto-aging to child.  In all, I think he was a baby for about twelve days, but my sims had a second child in that time and I lost track of which day things happened on.  I think the notifications are tied to milestones in the normal lifespan, so on long they are happening too early (four times the number of days too early). 

I did notice that the notification times and the time the baby aged up were about the same time of day, and about the same time of day as the birth had been.  For the first child, that was evening, and the second was at noon.

Offline flootiebeauty

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
On the long lifespan, they are babies for about 4 times as long.  I'm not sure of the exact length; I was just planning on asking the same question.

I'm currently playing on long.  A few days after birth, I got a notification that the baby's birthday was soon.  About a week later, I got the notification that today was his birthday.  He then stayed a baby for four more days before auto-aging to child.  In all, I think he was a baby for about twelve days, but my sims had a second child in that time and I lost track of which day things happened on.  I think the notifications are tied to milestones in the normal lifespan, so on long they are happening too early (four times the number of days too early). 

I did notice that the notification times and the time the baby aged up were about the same time of day, and about the same time of day as the birth had been.  For the first child, that was evening, and the second was at noon.

That's good to know about the notifications firing too early! Now I won't get excited too soon!

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 06:44:41 PM »
Re: Notifications About Aging Up

I have noticed that when playing on "long lifespan length,"[/color] the notification[/color] of the upcoming birthday comes 7 days before they age up.

If the notification (when not set to long lifespan) comes about 1 day before the sim ages up, then I would guess that the long lifespan is 7 times the length of the shorter life span. They may have programmed the game to notify the player of upcoming birthdays at a certain percentage of lifestage completion, irrelevant of the number of days left in that sim's particular life stage. That would account for the difference of days left at the time of upcoming birthday notification.

(For example, to clarify, 90% of 10 days is 9 days, setting the notification at 1 day before the birthday, but 90% of 70 days is 63 days, setting the notification at 7 days before aging up.)

That's the only logical explanation that I can come up with for the discrepancy.

It's just a theory though.

Offline simslover268

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 08:55:28 AM »
I didn't see this asked or mentioned at all - do kids auto age up? I got the notice it was her birthday bit she's still just chillin' in her bassinet. I'm trying to just let things play out to see how it all functions but not sure if this is a glitch or if I need to tell the baby to age up, despite being told it was her birthday.

Overall liking Sims 4, a lot of things I miss too and things I am still trying to get used to. No newspapers! I always cancelled it anyway, but still! lol!

Kerry

all sims auto age. there are cheats to stop them from growing and dying i guess...but if you want the to age up you can click on babies and you have the age up option and if it's a child and up you can bake a cake and make them blow the candles...or make a wish...doesn't matter..and if you want them to have a longer life or even shorter you can just go in the game options click on gameplay and then you will see the options for longer or shorter life. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 08:02:33 PM »
You don't need to use cheats to stop your sims from aging, just uncheck the aging options in the Game Menu to stop either your sim from aging or all played sims or even every sim.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ThatKawaiiGirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2017, 07:40:39 AM »
My baby just turned into a child not a toddler does it need an expantion pack to be a tod? ;D

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2017, 06:51:34 PM »
My baby just turned into a child not a toddler does it need an expantion pack to be a tod? ;D

I think Toddlers came in the Parenthood expansion pack

Edit, looking around google, it apparently came in one of the free updates..
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax