Author Topic: Photography  (Read 73037 times)

Leto85

Re: Photography
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2010, 05:13:29 PM »
Yes thanks it does help. I'll get one of my other sims to flirt with a local I think. Why didn't I think of that? :)

But can't you just have two lovers already in your family when trying this out? Or does the sims on the photo have to be people living in the foreign country?

Lisbeth

« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2010, 05:21:16 PM »
Anyone have any tips for the Lovers in China photo?

How I got the "Lovers in China" Photo: my sim befriended a local, visited his house and asked if he could spend the night. After the local and his wife went to bed, my sim took a picture of them sleeping (kinda creepy if someone did that in real life lol) and voila! I also followed this method in Egypt and probably in France, too, but that I can't remember.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2010, 05:35:47 PM »
I'm having a slight problem with my sims photography skill. He gets a want which is to make $1000 from selling photographs, when you hover over it, it tells you how much you have made 0/1000 but it never seems to go above 0 not even when I have sold $1700 worth of photo's.

Just wonder if any one else has had a similar problem?

When they get the wish to make a certain amount from selling something, it starts from when you accept the wish, so anything they have already sold does not count. Could that have been it, or are you saying that you sold photos after locking in the want and they still don't add to the tally?

Norma

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2010, 10:06:02 PM »
There was a new item added to (I believe) the "Home Sweet Home" collection.  Of COURSE it is bugged, and just has a blank space for the name.  By pure luck I had my camera pointing at a hamper, and the title below the picture just said "" (Home Sweet Home) instead of, for example, "A Couch" (Home Sweet Home).  I snapped it, and sure enough, the hamper has been added to the collection.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2010, 01:17:23 PM »
There was a new item added to (I believe) the "Home Sweet Home" collection.  Of COURSE it is bugged, and just has a blank space for the name.  By pure luck I had my camera pointing at a hamper, and the title below the picture just said "" (Home Sweet Home) instead of, for example, "A Couch" (Home Sweet Home).  I snapped it, and sure enough, the hamper has been added to the collection.
Why doesn't this surprise me? I guarantee there will never be a time when NOTHING is bugged in the photography skill.

Alantra

« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2010, 11:26:34 PM »
I am having the same problem with my photos not going towards my wishes.

I wonder if this is some sort of bug.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2010, 11:34:29 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Alantra!

What exactly is happening with your photography wishes?  Are you certain that you're actually capturing the object of the wish?  The camera viewfinder can be tricky and even when you think you have a particular object centered, it won't count unless the name of that object is also showing up in the viewfinder.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Alantra

« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2010, 09:44:13 PM »
The wish of make 1000 in photos (can't remember the exact wording) comes up.  It has the counter 0/1000 on it.  I sell photos and my skill goes up and my money towads next level goes up, but the wish counter says 0/1000.

Offline Seriphina

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2010, 04:49:00 AM »
I have also gotten the " " from the home sweet home collection, but got it taking a photo of the crib.  I still haven't figured out "Baby Stuff".  For the Bathroom Stuff I photographed the towel bar (the one that looks like it has two pairs of towels hanging from it) though it's possible the game read the toilet and toilet paper roll in the same shot.  "Kitchen Kitch" I got a shot of the food processor and that one was in the bag. 

Other tips:  If you get the ghosts as they start to emerge from their gravestones, often you can get two in the same shot for "A Ghostly Problem".

Since I've seem a few posts about the flower ones, Sunflower is rather simple if you go to the house on the corner in France that has all the sunflowers in the yard.  You don't need to own it, just stand outside the fence and snap away.  There's a spot in France to pick up "White Roses as well, though I can't recall precisely where that was.  If you don't want to travel and are playing in SV, there's a house to the right of the graveyard (standing in front of the masoleum), just aim toward it and pan around a bit and you should get it.

Also, some people had difficulty with the theatre.  I play SV mostly, and stood technically off the lot to get that one, but just barely in the road.  It popped up after a few tries.

I hope some of this helps!
Insert witty comment here

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2010, 07:59:55 PM »
I'm going to have to revive this thread, sorry, but I've only just started using the photography skill.  That's what playing the challenges does for you, makes you use things you haven't tried before  :)

I would like to know if anyone knows what the 'Home Décor' photo in the 'Home Sweet Home' collection should contain. I've tried loads of things but none of them work.  I've tried different combinations of decorations on walls, floor etc. but they seem to come up 'object' or even 'nice garden' (I was trying plants as decorations).

Hope someone can help.

I have also gotten the " " from the home sweet home collection, but got it taking a photo of the crib.
  I got mine by taking a photo of a window.  It had a curtain but I suspect that didn't matter.

Leto85

« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2010, 12:06:38 PM »
Hi HelenP,

Isn't the information covered on the Carl-site than? I know it must be in the Prima Guide. I'll check for you, hold on.

Later: Weird, the list doesn't even contain a 'Home Decor' photo. Are you sure you named the right collection?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2010, 12:45:50 PM »
The 'Home Decor' photo can be obtained by photographing a curtain and a picture in the same shot.  Or you can try a shot containing a curtain and a plant or a picture and a plant.  Basically any 2 decorative objects will suffice.  The hardest part is getting your camera to recognize the shot for what it is (darn camera focuses in on one object and calls it something else).  ::)
@ Leto, in the game guide it is called 'Decorations'
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Leto85

« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2010, 03:02:24 PM »
Did the game guide contains wrong information, or just outdated? And I've said outdated because of an possible software update that has change thing left or right.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2010, 03:39:47 PM »
The Prima Guide is written before the game is released and I just think they chose to call this photo 'Home Decor' instead of 'Decorations'. 
Decorations to me mean party/celebration items - like you decorate for a birthday party or holiday.  Home Decor (Carl's guide has it listed as such also) means items in the home used for decoration such as plants, curtains, pictures. 
I think it has been called Home Decor since WA was released - at least the list I typed for myself to keep track of the photo's uses that verbiage.  ;)
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2010, 04:31:54 PM »
Thanks for the replies, maybe I'll go back and try for that photo again but I needed it for the Metro's 'Grims Skill Challenge' which I've now finished  ::) At least I now know that I had the right idea, I just couldn't get it to trigger the right title.