Author Topic: Photography  (Read 73019 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: Photography
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2011, 12:15:31 AM »
This might not be as hard as you think. Think about all of the paparazzi around snapping photos of celebs. I would think getting a picture of a paparazzi taking a photo would qualify, but I've never done it.
What about for someone that doesn't have Late Night? :P

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2011, 02:21:40 AM »
Here is a topic about this specific photo.
I took several pictures of paparazzi holding his camera, sometimes even with a flash from their camera's but it never recognized them as this specific photo, it would be Sim in the area or Nothing. I just loaded game to check this tip from TChronicR but I couldn't get it. I tried paparazzi again, and nothing, I got 3 pictures of them holding camera and nothing. I add that paparazzi to household, that Sim have 1 skill level of photography and I add a camera in his inventory and still no success. Also, that ex paparazzi tried to take photo of Max Skill but only got Household memeber. Other Sims too juggle between friend/Sim in the area/Household Member if they are not friends even if all have skill levels and camera's in inventory.
And they can't see themselves in mirror while aiming to take a shot.. This is going to be one hard to get..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JaNat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2011, 12:24:39 PM »
Has somebody took a picture of a slap fight? I photographed all except them.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2011, 01:01:20 PM »
A slap fight is a mean interaction where a sim just slaps another sim.  It's not a full blown fight, so no dust cloud.  The sim just rapidly slaps the other sim numerous times, causing stars to spin around the other sim's head.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline JaNat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2011, 01:17:08 PM »
I know what action I need. But it didn't register it like slap fight!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2011, 01:57:40 PM »
I know what action I need. But it didn't register it like slap fight!

Sometimes it can be hard to get a photo like that if the ones fighting are your friends. It's show as two friends instead of a slap fight.
I've got it by catching them slapping and pointing the camera at the ground to where there feet are just barely in the top of the frame and had it register as the slap fight instead of two friends.
You just get a picture of there shoes but it still counts. :)

But with most pictures like that trying moving the camera around to get it to change what's it's registering.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2011, 02:05:36 PM »
Sometimes it can be hard to get a photo like that if the ones fighting are your friends. It's show as two friends instead of a slap fight.
I've got it by catching them slapping and pointing the camera at the ground to where there feet are just barely in the top of the frame and had it register as the slap fight instead of two friends.
You just get a picture of there shoes but it still counts. :)

But with most pictures like that trying moving the camera around to get it to change what's it's registering.

Yes, another trick, if you really want to capture the actual fight, is taking several pictures of the same action.  A lot of times, once it captures a particular photo, it will default to another possible type.

For example:  if your sim's spouse and best friend are fighting, you might have to run through "My Spouse," "My Main Squeeze," "My Friend," and "Two of My Friends" (and possibly one or two more) before the "Slap Fight" option comes up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JaNat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2011, 02:24:00 PM »
I know all these tricks. I specifically wrote that everything else I photographed.
The fact is that entire Russian community can not photograph slap fight. Am I properly understand that there is no such problem in the English version of the game?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2011, 06:59:35 PM »
I am using the Russian version of the game myself, and I have absolutely no problems or difficulties of anything not matching with the English version.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2011, 12:07:05 PM »
I have photographed it in the past, although I can't say that I go through and try to complete photo collections very often.  I tend to play on normal life span, and this is a lot of work to go through for a benefit that's not going to last very long.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »
Well, such info may be useful for a certain upcoming challenge, so you never know! ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline JaNat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
For example:  if your sim's spouse and best friend are fighting, you might have to run through "My Spouse," "My Main Squeeze," "My Friend," and "Two of My Friends" (and possibly one or two more) before the "Slap Fight" option comes up.

I don't know, I did it during about half an hour, but "Slap Fight" wasn't come up at all

lampuiho

« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2011, 10:47:35 AM »
Thanks Pam. I resolved it. About Photo of Photographer, it isn't a mirror. Try to photograph a photographer. I mean, two sims get a photograph each other, if you understand. For Theatre, I really fixed that. I searched Google and found a package and now I can get a photo of the Theatre. I know, it's just a "cheat" but, come on. Until EA fixes it, it gets old! For Gadgets Galore, I'm awaiting answers. Also Political Demonstration (when do I know that there's a protest in front of mayor? ) Diplomat Extraordinaire (huh?), Omniplant (do i find in riverview something like that ?),  Dumpster Diving (hm..is it when a sim takes out the trash?).

Thanks for the answers.

PS- I don't know if I can post the packages for theatre, but I recomment you to search. Really works.  :)

But when you take a photograph, your sim disappear for a brief moment. How did you get it to work?

EDIT: I got it. Pause the game and then have both sims take a photo. Then choose the one intended for the photo and unpause the game and then pause the game again and take the photo.

Leto85

« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2011, 05:00:02 PM »
But when you take a photograph, your sim disappear for a brief moment. How did you get it to work?

EDIT: I got it. Pause the game and then have both sims take a photo. Then choose the one intended for the photo and unpause the game and then pause the game again and take the photo.

Well, that's just smart. I haven't done this photographic challenge but I was always wondering how to complete this one.

Offline TnT_Terry

• Nooboo
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2013, 12:22:20 PM »
I am having a major issue with an opprtunity challenge. My simmie got a call from the bistro in Riverview, asking if she'd take 5 pictures in Champs Les Sims to spruce up the diningroom, which they would be willing to pay for both the trip and pics. I took pics all over the place, buildings, objects, landscapes, sims...etc and not one pic has qualified for this, and mind you I have made 2 trips for this. I even have close to a level 3 visa, but can't seem to complete this challenge. It's driving me mad, so if anyone has a clue what I need to be taking pics of, please let me know.

Thanks, Terry

I have a sim who is on her 7th or 8th skill point in photography and she took a pic of her hubby, Christopher Steel. I believe the setting was on Portrait, and the picture is huge. :o  I really love this. She took shots of both of her daughters and they are gorgeous.  Now trying to get one of her girls to build up skills in photography so she can get a shot of her mother. ;D

Too bad there's no way to get a shot of the whole family.  That would really be great.

Actually there is a way to do a family portrait, just need to get them where you want them using the MOO cheat and snap an in game photo (c), then go to your screenshots in the sims 3 folder and find your pic. Open the pic in your art program and crop it to your desire keeping in mind that it should be cropped to square size. Then touch up anything you feel needs doing and resize to 256x256 and save as a png file. Close out your game and open CAP, you have 4 options in the center, a hand, a grid, a hammer and a plus sign (+), choose the + (add sticker) and navigate to where you saved the png file, I usually save to desktop for easy access).  Once you have it imported make a 256x256 of your imported pic and then import (I tend to save them in misc option) then it will upload to launcher. Now go into your sims 3 exports file and grab your new pattern and place it in your downloads folder and open the launcher. Now simply install your new pattern and load your game. Go to the family you were playing and make a 3 tiled wall where it's bright and sunny and place a plain wall paint on it, then using CAS changing the paint to your picture. Now simply have your sim take a photo of the pic, zooming in until you get it where you want and then frame it ;) voila
hope this helps.

anything