Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 428657 times)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #1365 on: April 24, 2014, 10:30:29 AM »
You rage at your Sims for playing computer games for the whole day but then you realise you do the same thing.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I get so annoyed when my sims just stand around when they have terrible mood bars. You're tired? Well you could always go to bed. You're starving? Eat the fresh, high-quality food you just prepared!

Kaiko E. Mikkusu

« Reply #1366 on: April 24, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »
I don't know the names of . . . any of my  neighbors, but I know the names, traits, and lifetime wishes of every SV townie.

Yup, i do not know the names of most of the people that live in my apartment or the ones next to me, but i can name almost all the Townies and their roles. Like if i see one of the college students knocking at my door because they want a computer-based accessory or something similiar, i propably never saw them at all, but if i had an heart attack and ended up in SValley as a late teen\early young adult, and say, Bessie Clavell found me, i would say "OMG You're Bessie Clavell! You're Stiles McGraw's best friend! You used to be a musician and you have a son named Xander! When Buster dies, can you take an Young Again potion so you can marry Stiles and become Ms. McGraw and then have children from him?" & she goes "Wha??? Oh, right, you must have been one of my fans or whatever back in my carreer as the Orchestra Lead in my days! Sorry but i do not think i even know a Stiles something? Ah, you mean the current Music Talent Scout? But he's Xander's age! I would never marry him! And i do not know where to find an Youth Potion!" and le such.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Kaiko E. Mikkusu

« Reply #1367 on: April 24, 2014, 12:42:12 PM »
I really wanted to. It was his nose I think. I'm probably scarred for life. So now we know who EA based Arlo on.

If you live in California it's possible that the facial features of the Bunches were based on the facial features of interesting people like that kid's family that was friends with the people that make the games. And if he looked like Arlo Bunch as a kid, maybe he would grow up looking differently (and hotter) than how Arlo actually grows up...

JessieJJJ

« Reply #1368 on: April 24, 2014, 05:52:15 PM »
When you type a lot as alot and your phone spellcheck does alto and you think Vita hacked into your phone  :o

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1369 on: April 24, 2014, 10:54:06 PM »
When you type a lot as alot and your phone spellcheck does alto and you think Vita hacked into your phone  :o

Seriously laughed so hard at this one, my entire household came to see what tickled my funnybone!  ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #1371 on: April 24, 2014, 11:10:14 PM »
Ha! That was fantastic! :D

In all seriousness, my phone knows a few sim names thanks to my copious use of the forum app. It even wanted to autocorrect "landgrid" to "Landgraab" once. I. Kid. You. Not. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #1372 on: April 30, 2014, 09:25:10 AM »
But your games probably aren't that noisy or at least have volume control.
:-[ I get in trouble for having my games too loud. And yes, I play 'til my energy bar is completely red, and then some. I get a 'pumped' moodlet while I'm playing games, especially while the gameplay is very rewarding.

I also 'play' in my sleep. It's like my brain still thinks I'm at the computer, and I don't actually get quality sleep.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #1373 on: April 30, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »

I also 'play' in my sleep. It's like my brain still thinks I'm at the computer, and I don't actually get quality sleep.
[/quote]

This happens to me too. Especially when I'm just beginning a dynasty or challenge, but then, I've never been a good sleeper.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1374 on: May 01, 2014, 03:20:00 AM »
This happens to me too. Especially when I'm just beginning a dynasty or challenge, but then, I've never been a good sleeper.

It happens to me too but in my dreams my Sims accomplish so much more and I wake up annoyed because I get confused with what they've done and not done, so now I keep a checklist.  No so much for what they've done, that's in their journals, but for the things I want them to do.  Checklist and highlighter pen are my constant companions when I play.  Yep I definitely play too much Sims.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #1375 on: May 14, 2014, 07:05:04 PM »
Yesterday at work I caught myself singing Ping And His Checkers, and I knew all the words.  D:

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1376 on: May 24, 2014, 04:28:36 AM »
You know you've played too much Sims when you're watching TV and you recognise the music, realise it's a song in the game and can name where you hear it (CAS music pops up a lot on Channel 4).
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline bossycarl

• Nooboo
  • Ambitions, Pets, Seasons, and Late Night.
« Reply #1377 on: May 28, 2014, 02:45:56 PM »
When you think you can zoom out or magically buy furniture and it appears in your house
Bookworm, Computer Whiz, Animal Lover, Loves the
Cold, and Genius are my traits.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #1378 on: May 28, 2014, 05:04:47 PM »
I automatically think "Trait discovered: _________" whenever I talk to someone and get to know them.  Sometimes when I draw stuff I find myself subconsciously humming the music in Build/Buy mode.  Also, I have dreams about my Sims.  ._.

Offline glitterderpes

• Nooboo
« Reply #1379 on: June 07, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »
When you're bored, stuck somewhere (like an assembly where you know you'll be sitting for like 2 hours) or doing something tedious and the finger you keep over the 3 key (the fast fast forward one) twitches as if you're hitting the key. :o