Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 432914 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #645 on: February 19, 2012, 09:47:44 PM »
When you plan on making Sims on a whim, or plan out what your Sims and/or pets are going to look like in CAS/CAP.

Then you think your current favorite song, sounds like the CAS pet music. ;D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #646 on: February 21, 2012, 04:16:03 AM »
When you can't get comfortable at night and wish you could use build/buy mode to get a new bed, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sculpur

« Reply #647 on: February 21, 2012, 05:00:38 AM »
When you walk the streets of your home town, listening to all the people speaking that strange language you used to know, and you are, like, "Brawlg Bralg?! SooSoon! Ahhh Fladdum."

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #648 on: February 21, 2012, 06:36:37 AM »
When you walk the streets of your home town, listening to all the people speaking that strange language you used to know, and you are, like, "Brawlg Bralg?! SooSoon! Ahhh Fladdum."

That happens every day to me since I live in Paris and it's overrun with tourists!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #649 on: February 21, 2012, 01:07:54 PM »
..When you have decided on five traits and a lifetime wish to suit every one of your friends. One of my closest friends is evil and wants to become the Emperor of Evil, which conflicts highly with my good trait. :P

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
« Reply #650 on: February 21, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »
When someone asks you who your favourite couple are and you say Jamie Jolina and Thornton Wolff and they just sit there and look at you like this  :o;D
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #651 on: February 21, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »
When in between calls at work (I work for the hotel chain La Quinta, in a call center) you plan out your dynasty super max skills. :D

I have a 4 hour commute every day.  I spend at least 3 hours of it thinking about my dynasty and what I need to do next.   ::)

As for cheating (other than building cheats and resetsim), I tried it once but felt like I was doing something wrong - probably because I play dynasties so much where it's not allowed.  One of these days I'm gonna make my own version of Max Skills and I'm gonna use every cheat in the book!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #652 on: February 21, 2012, 03:30:20 PM »
I too usually only use the building cheats and not play cheats for dynasties and legacies and such. So when I tried some of the old challenges, and started practicing the new challenges that allow cheats, it added a whole new element to gameplay. The starship crescent wrench challenge from last year had teleporting - that was a whole lot of fun.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #653 on: February 21, 2012, 06:56:52 PM »
As for cheating (other than building cheats and resetsim), I tried it once but felt like I was doing something wrong - probably because I play dynasties so much where it's not allowed.  One of these days I'm gonna make my own version of Max Skills and I'm gonna use every cheat in the book!

I never cheat in real life; so, cheating in the sims is kinda of a thrill! I don't do the challenges because my life is a challenge. I want fantasy and not rules! I live by rules every day of my life.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #654 on: February 21, 2012, 07:10:11 PM »
I never cheat in real life; so, cheating in the sims is kinda of a thrill! I don't do the challenges because my life is a challenge. I want fantasy and not rules! I live by rules every day of my life.

I agree 100%! I like using cheats, because it makes the game less realistic. I don't know why, but hearing positive comments like "I like this feature, because it makes the game more realistic..." or suggestions for religious buildings, or other sensitive subjects in the game just sounds like nails on a chalkboard. I don't mind the bits and pieces of real life, but I think punishment and laundry is a bit overboard for my taste.  :P Why does Sims have to be a challenge, anyways?  :D

I told my coworkers at Sears, "Cheating gave me carpel tunnel" when one of my coworkers suggested a shortcut into moving the treadmills off the truck, onto the skid.  ;D

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #655 on: February 21, 2012, 11:20:15 PM »
I couldn't have said it better myself!! In real life, I'm honest to a fault. I would never even think of cheating, but when it's sim time, I have no rules to follow but my own. Yes I am playing a Dynasty, and I follow the rules to a point, but not strictly.  ;D

"Cheating gave me carpel tunnel"
Yikes sounds awful!!  :(

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #656 on: February 21, 2012, 11:58:42 PM »
Ohhhhh curious lol ps if you do make a house out of the Butterfly Pavilion I would love to see it ( Did Lunar Lakes get you thinking)

No, this is something I've tried to do for a long time.  My problem is that I can't stay motivated on it lol.  I find something else that occupies my interest and time, and it gets put on the back burner and subsequently gets lost/corrupted.  Once I get back into playing (I'm currently fighting a bad cold), I'll post a few images of what I've got done so far.  My current goal is to get 3 of those Sultan's Tabernacle tents for the "bedroom."  At 2,750 Ancient Coins a piece, this is a rather epic task.  ;)

Of course, my current roadblock in China is the funky adventure board...but at least my Sim working on that has the visa level.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #657 on: February 22, 2012, 12:51:17 AM »
I was reading a book earlier and it had the line "fight him when she wants to play Sims Two". At this point I almost screamed "Sims!".

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #658 on: February 22, 2012, 01:15:57 AM »
I was watching 30 Rock earlier and one of the lines was something like "What do I have? A sims family that keeps getting murdered." I happened to be watching it with my mom and sister and they both looked at me like "Are you sure she said sims?" They are convinced I'm the only one who really plays it.  :P  ::)
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #659 on: February 22, 2012, 12:04:36 PM »
When you are watching tv and hear Sims music (I think it was Sims 2) on a commerical.  :o