Author Topic: The Centari Legacy - Bad Seed  (Read 31380 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Centari Legacy - Bad Seed
« on: September 10, 2014, 09:52:27 AM »
Welcome to the Centari Legacy!  This attempt will almost certainly end up breaking rules somewhere along the way, considering it's a brand new game.  But, what better way to learn the ropes than to do something with a structure.

Because the Sims 3 has been so buggy for me, I'm going to retire all of my partially completed stories to focus on this one.  Maybe I'll return to them someday, but not until computer tech improves to the point where I can play for more than five minutes without a crash.

This post will include the family tree (once it's relevant) and chapter links. 

There is no gender or birth order restriction for succession, but only traditionally born children qualify.  On a loose basis, those who achieve their childhood aspirations have a much higher chance of being the heir. 

I'm stealing this entire set-up from saltpastillen's Aurora dynasty.  It's very well organized and I like it.  Thanks salty :)

Generation One - Celeste

- Chapter One - Mission Launch
- Chapter Two - Clarifying Courtship
- Chapter Three - SOS
- Chapter Four - The Birthday Ritual
- Chapter Five - En Famille

Generation 2 - Astrid
- Chapter Six - The Lingering Nature of Death
- Chapter Seven - Flying Time
- Chapter Eight - Dear Mama

Generation Three - Estella
- Chapter Nine - Bad Seed

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - Stats Pages, etc. (No Post Yet)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 09:56:25 AM »
Family Members, Stats, and Scoring

The Centari Family

Generation 1

Founder: Celeste Centari
Traits: Genius, Outgoing, Bookworm (Ambition Trait: Gregarious)
Aspiration: Friend of the World - Incomplete
Maxed Skills: Charisma, Logic
Career: Astronaut (Level 10)
Dates:
Parties: Wedding (silver)
Life Extension: yes
Rewards: Speed Reader

Spouse: Davon Lincoln Centari
Traits: Goofball, Foodie, Clumsy
Aspiration: Master Chef (incomplete)
Maxed Skills:
Career: Chef
Dates: 1 (gold)
Parties: 1 (silver)
Life Extension: yes

Child: Nebula Centari
Childhood Aspiration: Whiz Kid (incomplete)
Maxed Child Skills:
Grade School: B
High School:  C
Traits: Bookworm, Good, Insane
Aspiration: Master of Mischief
Maxed Skills:
Career: Criminal
Dates:
Parties:
Life Extension:

Child: Astrid Centari - heir
Childhood Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy (complete)
Maxed Child Skills: Creativity
High School:  A

Generation 2 - Astrid Centari
Traits: Geek, Outgoing, Bro, Creatively Gifted, (Ambition Trait - Business Minded)
Aspiration: Mansion Baron
Maxed Skills: Painting
Career: Painter
Dates: 1 - Silver
Parties:
Life Extension:
Rewards: Creative Visionary

Spouse: Thaddeus Rector Centari
Traits: Evil, Genius, Ambitious
Aspiration: Friend of the World
Skills:
Career: Spy
Dates:
Parties:
Life Extension:

Child: Estella Centari
Childhood Aspiration: Whiz Kid (compete)
Maxed child skills: Mental
Grade School: A
High School:  B

Child: Europa Centari
Childhood Aspiration: Social Butterfly
Maxed Child skills:
High School: 
Traits: Genius, Snob, Bro
Aspiration: Bestselling Author

Child: Callista Centari
Childhood Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy (Completed)
Maxed Child skills: Creative
High School: D
Traits: Genius, Materialistic, Foodie
Aspiration: Painter Extraordinare
Skills:
Career:
Dates:
Parties:
Life Extension: 

Generation 3 - Estella Centari
Traits: Evil, Self-Assured, Lazy, Mentally Gifted
Aspiration: Mansion Baron
Maxed Skills: Painting
Career: Painter
Dates: 1 - Gold
Parties: 2 - Silver
Life Extension:
Rewards:

Spouse: Brady
Traits:
Aspiration:
Skills:
Career:
Dates:
Parties:
Life Extension:

Child:
Maxed Child skills:
Grade School:
High School: 
Traits:
Aspiration:
Maxed Skills:
Career:
Dates:
Parties:
Life Extension:
--------------------------------------------------

Scoring:

Completed aspirations:

Completed Child aspirations:

Maxed careers:

Maxed Teen careers:

Completed collections:

Memorials:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - Mission Launch
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 10:28:28 AM »
**Mission Dispatch - 001** This is total bull.

I trained for years.  Years!  For this.  For ... this standalone bathroom on a hill with a child's bed and a refrigerator that isn't plugged into anything.  Never mind suddenly having taste buds and limbs and all this disgusting human hair.  What did I sign on for? 

Training said this body would react to deep breathing.  Breathing.  Well, that's pleasant enough I suppose.  No.  I can still see the hovel.  It's no good.

Well, at least they did a good job with the body.  Of course it lacks all of the elegant beauty of my natural race.  Centarians are beautiful orbs of light and elemental fire.  None of this lumbering nonsense.  But we couldn't allow the Green Ones to colonize the simsverse unabated. 

I'm here more as a spy than an outright opponent.  Chosen for my gregarious nature and passion for simlish culture.  The emergency exit device is in my personal inventory disguised as a suit of armor.  I've got it safely in a vault with the local bank.  No sense leaving it out for my descendants to mistakenly sell or put on display with the possibility of zapping one of our children back to Centari.  No no, best keep it locked away.

I have found that the color blue is pleasing to me in this form.  Very pleasing indeed.  I also enjoy my reflection.  With human facilities, I can see why these features are considered attractive.  It's a very strange sensation.  Now to adjust to this whole idea of genders.

In the meantime.  I guess this is home. **Close Dispatch.  I'll manage**

**Mission Dispatch 002** - Joys of Nourishment

I woke this morning feeling very unpleasant.  My first true hunger pangs!  It's nothing at all like the simulation.  Grog should get on that.  I know we can simulate better.  Well, my true report is what it is like to eat something the primal way, through the gullet. 

It. Is. Divine.

Truly this might be the best part of being human.  I even forgot that I'd slept in a den of mosquitos for a while.  Just lovely.

As discussed, I have joined the astronaut profession.  As a natural genius and miles above those of the true sim race, I have quickly progressed to a promotion in my first day.  This will not be a challenge and with enough tenacity, I'll be able to make reports in person shortly.

My primary objective has been finding a mate.  Earth men are a truly enraging species.

First, I learned a game called chess.  It is an excellent social magnet and pleases my intellectual desires.

I am engaged with an Earthperson named Meredith.  I must remind myself that she is female and cannot provide me with children for this project.  Sadly.  However, we are becoming fast friends.  The male is Asa.  I thought him a fine prospect.

He turned out to be a lazy slob.  No thank you.

Then there were these two:

The handsome one is evil.  Probably not best.  The other one seemed promising enough.  He had the genius trait so I invited him over to stare at my bathroom.

I tried to explain to him the wonders of Froot Loops, but he just started talking about how attractive he finds women who are annoyed.  That was when I realized he was quite mean.

"Why would you upset someone for personal pleasure?" I demanded.

"Are you upset?" he said, excited.

What a waste of intelligence.

It kept going.  There was the gloomy glutton.

The bro.

The perfect one who was a townie and thus ineligable as a possible Green One in disguise.  Darn you, Chester!  I did like you.

The one I was attracted to who remained stubbornly female.

And worst of all, the well-traited ... teenager!

I was ready to give up.  I'd never felt such things before in my very long life.  Rage, mission control.  Rage is most unpleasant.

At least I still had the experience of eating.  Admittedly, it is an escape.

I won't bore you with the particulars, but after a few trips to venues who seem to be primarily focused around athletic writhing to tempered sounds and consuming beverages that make you feel ill, I met Davon.  Single, townie, and mercifully not obnoxious. 

Upon finding out he was a foodie, I knew this was the one.  He flirted with me too, quite of his own accord!  Of course, we were interrupted by Chester coming to knock on the bathroom, even though I was sitting right there.  We need not feel threatened by Simlish intellect.

I convinced Davon to move in.  I will romance him according to our training lessons in short order.  In the meantime, I used the substantial money he brought on to build a house in that pleasing hue.

Davon knows I am ... unusual.  He is excited to show me all the things he knows how to cook.  I confess I am excited to eat it.  All of it.

Why, I might even begin to feel for him something akin to probing.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 01:49:17 PM »
Great start!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 02:00:54 PM »

Yay for a new Tilia legacy! I feel like your founder is exploring the world of Sims 4 just as much as we players are.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 02:26:21 PM »

The handsome one is evil.  Probably not best.  The other one seemed promising enough.  He had the genius trait so I invited him over to stare at my bathroom.

I tried to explain to him the wonders of Froot Loops

This part made me giggle so much! I really like your premise and your tone. Looking forward to reading more!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 06:37:32 PM »
Absolutely delightful and hilarious, you certainly know how to write a fascinating character...the fact that blue is also my favorite color has nothing to do with my adoration for her.  None at all.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - Clarifying Courtship
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 10:37:18 PM »
Lol - probing  :P

Hey, that's alien intimacy right there.

Great start!

Yay, I'm so glad you're reading!  Thanks :)

Yay for a new Tilia legacy! I feel like your founder is exploring the world of Sims 4 just as much as we players are.

For sure.  Wait until you see the wedding weirdness.  I did not see that particular glitch coming.

This part made me giggle so much! I really like your premise and your tone. Looking forward to reading more!

It was pretty funny in game.  As was Chester showing up and knocking on the bathroom, ignoring Celeste entirely sitting three feet from him.

Absolutely delightful and hilarious, you certainly know how to write a fascinating character...the fact that blue is also my favorite color has nothing to do with my adoration for her.  None at all.

Thank you!  I'm really enjoying my backstory on her.  It somehow suits the way she behaves.

--------

**Mission Dispatch - 009**  In which I learn about patience.  And cookies

Apparently I must first build a romantic relationship with Davon before he will share a bed with me.  This is most irrational.  So I've bought an additional one until he gets over this puritanical nonsense.  It isn't that bad.  He has been cooking the most wonderful things for me.

I suppose that's the way to placate me.  I find myself telling Meredith every little detail of the plan.  She's in on it now.  What I am, I mean.  She's not a housed townie, so I can trust her. 

She did recommend that I start jogging to counteract all of the things I've been consuming.  This is most interesting and should be noted for study in the physics department.  Make a note.  Thermodynamics applies to a unit called "calorie."  Calorie is an evil thing that comes from only the happiest tastes.

Mercifully, jogging is quite refreshing.  Or was once I learned about sports bras.  I would explain, but I've recently learned how embarrassment feels and don't care to stimulate it.

We've started a very small, very unpolished garden in the side yard.  It will provide ingredients for Davon and microscopic samples for me.  It also gives me pleasant sensations to watch him harvest fruit.  I couldn't say why.

I suspect he is interested and plotting action, but my sense of perception is not yet fully developed.  I'm not sure I enjoy being stared at.

I began to worry that I would submit to Meredith's charms before we ever got to a point in which flirtation seemed appropriate.  She is, after all, my perfect man.  Except she's not one and can't turn into one at will.  Most inconvenient.

I've been killing time by learning how to manipulate human inventions.  There is much room for improvement.

Finally, finally, the first move happened one morning over a discussion about a special breakfast treat.

I felt so flushed and warm.  I didn't think it could get any better.  And then I remembered why I'd chosen him.

I never stood a chance.

-----

**Mission Dispatch - 012** - Ritual observation of cake

Davon and I have been an official item since the cookie day.  He has promised me that I may have many types of cookies throughout my life.  This has given me flutters and caused many more jogs.

He has been promoted twice in the chef career and our garden is evolving ever so slowly.  I have included several microscopic slides for your review.  I also included a picture of Davon, in case anyone is curious.

The first true act of committed romance is often the touching of mouths.  It is not an eating thing, but is just as nice.  I quite like the taste of Davon almost as much as that of parfait!

The physical act of love is quite humorous.  I will say it was thoroughly enjoyable and not much else.  Actually, you know the feeling when you manifest a tentacle to investigate an unknown element?  It is better than that.

Over enough time, Davon proposed "making it official."  What this means is giving me expensive gems wrapped in rare metals in front of people we know.  That doesn't sound so bad.

It also just so happens it involves something the humans call "cake."  Well, it's difficult to explain just how happy that made me.

It was strawberry.

When the big day arrived, our guest Nina showed up at the party in my wedding gown.  There was no explanation for this.  She didn't seem abashed at all.  I was taken to understand the wearing of a white gown was symbolic and rather important, but if it makes Nina happy, I don't begrudge her that.  I suppose.

So, I got married in my every day dress.  No matter.  I quite like blue.

I believe I somewhat have ownership of Davon now.  He wears my shackle and I wear his.  Finger shackles.  They are pretty and I am, I confess, completely smitten with physical contact.

What I consider the most important part of this ceremony and the one we may consider integrating into our own culture is the sharing of sustenance.  I'm sure this is symbolic of ... becoming one flesh.  Or something.

I had to go to work.  In the end it was a silver medal wedding.  Davon held well with my friends.  Apparently he is cute when he's angry.  And double fisting booze.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
Re: The Centari Legacy - Clarifying Courtship
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 12:01:43 AM »
I really enjoy this! Excited to see where it goes from here. I enjoy how she's an alien so she doesn't quite get it.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - SOS
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 09:13:35 PM »
I really enjoy this! Excited to see where it goes from here. I enjoy how she's an alien so she doesn't quite get it.

I'm finding it a charming experience playing Celeste.  Glad you like her too!

--------

**Mission Dispatch - 120** SOS  Please Extract me.  EMERGENCY**

Things were going so well.  I was climbing along steadily in my career, as was Davon.  We were both in great shape.

He kept cooking beautiful things and I kept jogging.  Our tiny fruit garden reached "very nice" quality.  And then suddenly, it all went wrong.  It started during my morning jog on Wednesday.  Perhaps I had misunderstood Calorie.

Yes, that is a definite gain in body size.  Not to worry.  I can exercise it away.  Except suddenly I couldn't get through a whole work out without needing to expel my recent consumption matter through the mouth.  Very, very unpleasant.  Do not recommend.

I tried to ignore it.  I did.  But how could I?  I was becoming unappealing.  Lumpy.  Fat.

For a brief moment I thought, well, perhaps this is my destiny.  It certainly allows for more enjoyment of Davon's creations.  I took an item called grill-ed cheese and sat near my husband while he took a nap.  That was when I felt it.  A parasitic invasion moving inside me.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" I cried.

"Celeste?  Baby, what's wrong?"

"I'm dying," I said, trying not to sob.

Then the oddest thing happened.  As I explained my symptoms to my beloved, he began to smile, tears glittering in the corners of his eyes.  It was then that I suspected he'd fed me the parasite in my food.

Terrified for my life, I allowed him to kiss me and depart for his day's work.  I think I need an emergency extraction, mission control.  But I do not know if I'm contagious.

**Mission Dispatch - 021** Last Will and Testament

I have come to the conclusion that Davon is just supporting me in my final days alive.  I knew I would die as a human, I just didn't expect it so soon.  It is my utmost regret that I have failed in this mission.  When I feel the beast within me move, I always tell my husband.  He expresses what might be mistaken for joy, which frightens me on occasion, still.

I hear your silence, mission control.  I understand your choice.  I have a few comforts left to me as my life expires, and a helper to try to calm the parasite when it attacks me.

Davon has hired contractors and built an additional room on the house.  I suspect he will house his new wife here until she is comfortable sharing his bed.  I am trying not to grow jealous, but the thought does irk me, I confess.

In the dead of night tonight, the pains began.  This is the end, mission control.  It has been an honor.

A woman in a pink frock from social services delivered a deceptively small coffin for me to die in.  Presumably I will shrink at the moment of expiration.  I am ready.

Please care for Davon for me.  Fare thee well.

Dispatch Ended

**Mission Dispatch - 022 ** False Alarm

Please disregard my last two missives.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 09:18:24 PM »
New Tilia story?!! :D

And:

A woman in a pink frock from social services delivered a deceptively small coffin for me to die in.

I needed something to pick my mood up while I finish up college homework.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 09:39:04 PM »
Wow, I really loved this chapter ;D I was laughing the whole way through! Welcome little baby!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 09:40:02 PM »
"I suspected he'd fed me the parasite in my food"...scared my cat laughing.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 09:53:12 PM »
Cute, Tilia; very cute!

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 10:01:18 AM »
This is so funny! I love your sense of humour. And I LOVE Celeste.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 01:59:46 PM »
Lol

It was then that I suspected he'd fed me the parasite in my food.

cracked me up :P

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 07:40:59 PM »
I am loving this legacy story.  Absolutely loving it.

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 08:38:36 PM »
Wow, this is really well written and planned out.  I died laughing.  And now I'm hooked.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 02:43:22 AM »
Such a funny chapter  ;D Oh my gosh, what next?!?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2014, 03:05:10 AM »
This is so great!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2014, 06:34:43 AM »
This is brilliant! Can't wait for more!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 07:01:42 PM »
Wow, I really loved this chapter ;D I was laughing the whole way through! Welcome little baby!

Cute, Tilia; very cute!

This is so great!

Cute, Tilia; very cute!

This is brilliant! Can't wait for more!

You guys are making me blush!  Thank you so much.  I really hope I can keep up the comedic tone in future generations :)

"I suspected he'd fed me the parasite in my food"...scared my cat laughing.

Lol

cracked me up :P

I confess I spent an inappropriate amount of time in the office last week wondering how Celeste would react to pregnancy, but the fear of marital betrayal was something that occurred to me on the fly while writing it, haha.

This is so funny! I love your sense of humour. And I LOVE Celeste.

I love her too.  I've had a lot of founders, but usually they are more reserved, responsible types.  Not to say she isn't responsible, but I think she's one of my more colorful original creations!

Wow, this is really well written and planned out.  I died laughing.  And now I'm hooked.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

Such a funny chapter  ;D Oh my gosh, what next?!?

One of the great things about this particular challenge is the randomized traits on the kids.  I honestly have no idea what's coming myself!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - The Birthday Ritual
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 07:22:10 PM »
**Mission Dispatch - 023**  Birthday rituals

We named her Nebula.

My initial approach was to wheel the small coffin into our room and tell the baby that there is mac and cheese in the fridge if she wants it.  It did occur to me that perhaps she would require a ladder.  Davon disabused me of this notion, laughing all the while.

He then explained to me that I have a special, mother's way of feeding my children that is better for our relationship than the bottle.  I did not immediately determine that it was a sincere piece of information as it sounded so preposterous.

Once he had convinced me, I immediately assumed our baby had somehow ended up as the subspecies in our Earth transcripts known as "vampire." 

To this, Davon laughed heartily, prompting me to imitate him with what he calls my hand puppet.  I held it up and flapped my fingers like his lips, "Oh, I'm Davon, and I have superior insight because I'm native to Earth.  Look at me, I'm so smart."

We have what you would call a two fold relationship.  Yes, we are lovers, but it is remarkable just how close I consider the man on the level of friendship.

I have been working both on my career and being a "friend of the world" as was my mission.  Both are going successfully.  I kindly thank you for the congratulatory gift delivered to our lawn after Nebula was born.

I have been constructing it while my family sleeps.

The useless baby stage is very short.  When I proposed that Nebula should reach her toddling years soon, I got a very odd reaction from my husband.  Apparently this life stage does not presently exist.  Odd.  So it was that she went immediately from the coffin to childhood.  She is a bookworm, like me, who wishes to be a whiz kid.

This has led us to be officially classified as "BFFs."  I confess I find holding this regard to my daughter singularly thrilling.

I recently had what is known as a birthday.  In simlish culture, this only occurs five times in life.  For me, it was passage into adulthood from young adulthood.  For the occasion, Davon made me another cake, this dish as you know being a signifier of very important events on Earth.  It was blue!

For his own birthday, Davon made a simple white cake.  He is now an elder.

It is his dearest wish that we have another child before he is too old to raise one.  So, I have allowed him to feed me another parasite.  (Yes, I know.)

I'm surprised they let me on moon missions like that, in all honesty.

Davon keeps insisting we cannot continue to live in what he calls "the cube" forever.  The house was a makeshift solution and as such is difficult to expand.  But, we are not yet rich, so for now, Nebula will share her room with the new baby.

We placated her with bribery.  Bribery is a very good skill to learn if we ever make official contact with this species.  In short, it is the sacrifice of material or personal comfort for favors in the future.  Perhaps extending the Sim president an offer of a li'l tyke science station will get us permanent port here!

Baby #2 was born without major incident.  Her name is Astrid.

Because of the demands of my career and attempting to build my gift, childcare was largely left to Davon.  I'm not sure what he was doing with that fork, but I'm sure it was one of the many nuanced forms of human bonding.

I only ask when it seems important.  Otherwise I try to find it in books.  The only explanation I've been able to locate was a very confusing story about a fish person infiltrating human society by making a deal with an octopus.  She seemed to use the fork as a hairbrush, but Astrid is bald, so that cannot be it.

Largely, we live by routine.  Everyone on track and happy.  Mission control, I am happy.  It feels like having a perfect, soft aura of neutral temperature. 

I will leave you of a picture of my Astrid as a child.  She is a geek with an aspiration to be an artistic prodigy.  Who knows what the future will bring!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2014, 07:35:16 PM »
They're both really lovely kids. :)

And I did notice how reserved and formal all of your previous founders seemed. Even Shawnya acted pretty reasonable. I was fine with those personalities but I'm having a hearty laugh at Celeste's narrative voice and that feels great.

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 07:46:52 PM »
Wow, loving the tone and personality of this story. Looking forward to following this one.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2014, 10:30:54 PM »

I only ask when it seems important.  Otherwise I try to find it in books.  The only explanation I've been able to locate was a very confusing story about a fish person infiltrating human society by making a deal with an octopus.  She seemed to use the fork as a hairbrush, but Astrid is bald, so that cannot be it.

I'm rolling on the floor! Can't wait to see more!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - En Famille
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 10:10:19 PM »
They're both really lovely kids. :)

And I did notice how reserved and formal all of your previous founders seemed. Even Shawnya acted pretty reasonable. I was fine with those personalities but I'm having a hearty laugh at Celeste's narrative voice and that feels great.

I do have my kind of general comfort zone for putting these things together.  I'll tell you the loss of control on the traits is a learning experience for me.

Wow, loving the tone and personality of this story. Looking forward to following this one.

Thank you!  Hope to hear more from you :)

I'm rolling on the floor! Can't wait to see more!

Yes, but what *was* he doing with the fork?  :p

-------

**Mission Dispatch - 030** Failed First Attempts

I am happiest when we are spending time en famille.  My girls are the highlight of my life.

Astrid has become close friends with a boy named Thaddeus.  She calls him Tad.

While I support this concept of friendship, I have warned my Astrid not to eat anything Thaddeus gives her until she is an adult and ready to start a family.  I suppose I don't entirely trust the boy.

Nebula, panicking about her childhood aspiration, spent most of her free time to herself, not taking much to Tad.

Alas, completing her aspiration was not to be just simply due to ill luck of her birthday shortening her number of school days.  We encouraged her not to fret and baked her a lovely cake.

She grew into a Good teenager and rolled the aspiration "Master of Mischief."  (Here, feel free to correct Celeste, but I'm not sure if you can wait until young adulthood to choose an aspiration.  Both Nebula and Astrid went with the one they rolled as teens).

Meanwhile, as you know, I completed my ship.  I should be able to deliver all microscopic samples soon.

Once it is rebuilt, that is.

As it stands, it looks like Astrid is likely to finish her childhood aspiration, and thus take the lead as heir apparent.

**Mission Dispatch - 033** - Repairs and Improvements

The ship is repaired.  I ... will use it for its intended purpose soon.

As predicted, Astrid indeed completed her childhood aspiration.  She will officially be our heir.

She has grown up Outgoing (like me) and wishes to be a mansion baron.  Davon finds this amusing considering we are still living in "the cube."

Because she has an edge as a creative mind from her aspiration, she has purchased both an easel and an adult-sized violin.

Tad aged up into a reasonably attractive boy.  He will do if she decides to take him as a spouse.

For now, we have to work on getting this house how she likes it.  And I'm helping pay for that.  See you soon, Mission Control.

**Mission Dispatch - 040** - Alone

There's a perverse sort of pleasure in seeing yourself and the one you love reflected in your offspring.  It is not quite the same as similar aurae in bonded orbs.

This resemblance is most important when it serves as a reminder.  Something ... well, just awful happened.

This dusty old coot with a multitab showed up and stood on Davon's head.

He sighed at me and told me I was messing up his paperwork and to get out of the way, and now ... now he's gone.  Davon, I mean.  The guy in the raincoat stayed and ate some of our mac and cheese for a while.

Anyway, I'm experiencing something akin to lightlessness.  It's rather unfortunate.  All of this occurred on the eve of Nebula's young adult birthday while she was sleeping.  While they both were.

She chose to age up on her own the following day and the poor thing has become insane.  It's for the best the strain of the legacy won't sit on her shoulders.

My other daughter has some emotional support, which is lucky.

For me, I will simply hold to my memories and my transcripts.  I knew this day would come.  It's okay.  When I am dead and no family members remain who remember us, we will be released into the ether and will return to Centari together.

Excuse any delay in my upcoming reports, mission control.  I just need some time to remember what it was like en famille

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 10:15:29 PM »
RIP Davon. :(

Something about TS4 makes teens look a little too mature, which makes Neb look like she's 30 already. Astrid is super-pretty though. Glad she got picked for heiress.

Online LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 05:21:51 AM »
Your writing style is really hilarious. And the two parasites :P are adorable :D

Offline Ginj

• Occult
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2014, 05:40:57 AM »
Astrid is lovely; she'll make a wonderful heiress.  And curse you, Celeste for making me cry before I've finished my coffee!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2014, 01:43:44 PM »

Excuse me, mission control; I appear to be leaking.  :'(

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2014, 02:39:47 PM »
Awww, poor Davon. I was really getting to like him. I feel like all the townies are all adults, I have yet to read a story where the first townie was a Young Adult. I do like Astrid as Heiress, and I look forward to seeing her take on things soon. Will she continue corresponding to Mission Control?

I too fell like the teens look much too mature for their intended life state, I really hope they fix that.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Lingering Nature of Death
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 11:09:35 AM »
RIP Davon. :(

Something about TS4 makes teens look a little too mature, which makes Neb look like she's 30 already. Astrid is super-pretty though. Glad she got picked for heiress.

I could not agree more.  I really wish there was some differentiation between the life stages, especially since teen has usually been pretty substantially different than adult.

Your writing style is really hilarious. And the two parasites :P are adorable :D

Thanks!  I am really pleased with how pretty the girls are.

Astrid is lovely; she'll make a wonderful heiress.  And curse you, Celeste for making me cry before I've finished my coffee!

Aw.  I tried to keep it light but death is always an unpleasant subject.

Excuse me, mission control; I appear to be leaking.  :'(

Mission control understands.

Awww, poor Davon. I was really getting to like him. I feel like all the townies are all adults, I have yet to read a story where the first townie was a Young Adult. I do like Astrid as Heiress, and I look forward to seeing her take on things soon. Will she continue corresponding to Mission Control?

I too fell like the teens look much too mature for their intended life state, I really hope they fix that.

There are townie teens, they just look identical to everyone else.  the only hope of having a teen love interest is meeting him/her as a child, since you can't actually make friends at school.  Sigh.

------

**Mission Dispatch - 101** - This is stupid

Dear Mission Control,

You are the product of my mother's nervous breakdown since Papa died.  I don't believe in you but the therapist says I have to take over writing these letters for my  mother to give her peace of mind.  The therapist also says Neb will never have peace of mind again because she's crazy.  Great.

Love,

Astrid Centari, extra human, all the time

**Mission Dispatch - 102** - Adjustments

Okay.  So.  I got your response.  In my brain last night.  Maybe I'm insane too.  All the same, I apologize for my tone, Mission Control, whoever you are.  We are coping here.

As unofficial leader of the household I have begun my lifetime goal of becoming a mansion baron by rebuilding the cube.  Our floorplan will eventually have two stories, but we only could afford the ground level for now.

I have taken up painting with the intention of making it my career after high school.  Being creatively gifted makes it an easy target goal and I know it's a lucrative one.  Unfortunately my paintings don't register on the wall for the "buy 25 pieces of art" goal, so I had to get around that.

Neb was disappointed when I sold them all immediately after advancing to my milestone.  I've tried to put her to work as our new cook, but every time she attempts to make something, even salad, she ends up outside sobbing over Papa's grave.

She's already enough trouble trying to level a criminal career and a mischief aspiration with the Good trait.  I thought we should maybe marry her off, but Mama says no, we have to take care of her because she's crazy and also beats people up at random and we're keeping her out of prison.

So for now, she's just working on her goals and taking care of Papa's garden.  At least it keeps her busy.

I'm just grateful to have Tad to talk to.  He's evil but somehow more agreeable in general than my sister.

Mama has been working on her social goals in all of her spare time.  It is a distraction from the grief at the very least.

Uh.  Astrid out!

**Mission Dispatch - 103** - Death Death Everywhere

Adulthood has been uneventful so far.  Thank you for the piano.  I am learning to play it very quickly with my creative bonus.  So far, no obvious benefit from having graduated school with As in both levels.

Tomorrow, Mama will take me up in the rocket for a face-to-face debrief.  I look forward to meeting ... whatever you people are.  And I hope it doesn't sound the way she describes it.  Because I'm legitimately kind of scared of you.

To everyone's surprise (and no small horror of my own), I rolled the bro trait.  I am a geek, creative, bro.  I like everything and everyone.  I guess there are worse things in life.  Tad grew up ambitious.  We're still best friends, but I asked him out on a real, grown-up date as soon as we were both aged up!

Mama knows, of course.  She's been really smug about the succession and says that her mission has been a great success, even though she's not even done with her aspiration yet.

Either way, she's not wrong.  The family is running smoothly.  I've taken over keeping us fed, as it doesn't send me out to the gravesite in tears.

Mama is the handy one.

And Neb ... well.  You know, she's ... she's around the house.  Being Neb.

Truly she's struggling with her goals.  Every time she tries mischief interactions on strangers, they are charmed instead of offended.  For anyone else, this would be a good thing.  Not for my sister, oh no.

This afternoon she went to the gym with the idea that she'd find a victim to add to her dislike list.  The first thing she saw upon arriving was this:

No bodies or urns nearby.  Guess he was just getting pumped up.  So being utterly unhinged as my sister is, she decided to say hi.  It got weird.

She then left in favor of antagonizing a woman on the treadmills.  It somehow ended in being good friends with the woman and being mentored by her.  Leave it to Neb.

Later that night, on my first date with Tad, we saw him too!  The guy just won't leave off.

So, I decided that a reminder of my mortality was literally doing the smustle six feet away, I might as well make my move.

So I did.  To great success.

I'm sure he'll get along great with my extra super normal family.  Once I convince him to move in.

**Dispatch Closed**

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Centari Legacy - The Lingering Nature of Death
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2014, 12:11:19 PM »
None of the last updates pictures showed up for me because my Samsung was being mean but even so I didn't need them because your writing is so good! Can't wait for more!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »
I'm loving this! The flirty Grim Reaper made me crack up, and I needed the laugh right now.

Keep up the great work!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 01:45:03 PM »
I guess taking the dead is a physical job!

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2014, 04:00:52 PM »
Flirty Grim - that is just weird. Is he supposed to be around when no one has died?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
Poor Neb, she tries so hard but no luck. And a sad day when Devon left. I'm looking forward to learning more from Astrid about her meeting.

Offline sone

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2014, 08:59:04 PM »
I've also encountered sims becoming friendly through mischief interactions, I think it depends on how the sim already feels towards the person preforming the interaction.  When I tested it on a sim who was neutral or friendly and my sim was in a good mood the relationship went up.  If the mood of my sim was bad, it went down.  If the relationship was already in the red but mood was good, it went either positive or negative, depending on the mischief interaction chosen.  If the relationship was in the red and mood was poor, it went down faster.  Hope that helps.

Also:
Achievement!  Flirt With Death.

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2014, 07:10:47 PM »
"Grim Reaper is Flirty" Hah!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Flying Time
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2014, 09:44:47 PM »
None of the last updates pictures showed up for me because my Samsung was being mean but even so I didn't need them because your writing is so good! Can't wait for more!

That's a lovely compliment.  Hopefully you got to see the photos later on, though!

I'm loving this! The flirty Grim Reaper made me crack up, and I needed the laugh right now.

Keep up the great work!

I can't take any credit for that one.  Maybe punching things puts the guy in the mood!

I guess taking the dead is a physical job!

Maybe some those denied please for mercy end in fisticuffs.

Flirty Grim - that is just weird. Is he supposed to be around when no one has died?

I have no idea, but I know I'm not the only one having him randomly show up around the neighborhood.

Poor Neb, she tries so hard but no luck. And a sad day when Devon left. I'm looking forward to learning more from Astrid about her meeting.

I'm fond of Neb.  She's been a great demonstration of the new insanity trait.

I've also encountered sims becoming friendly through mischief interactions, I think it depends on how the sim already feels towards the person preforming the interaction.  When I tested it on a sim who was neutral or friendly and my sim was in a good mood the relationship went up.  If the mood of my sim was bad, it went down.  If the relationship was already in the red but mood was good, it went either positive or negative, depending on the mischief interaction chosen.  If the relationship was in the red and mood was poor, it went down faster.  Hope that helps.

Also:
Achievement!  Flirt With Death.

It seems to be random for Nebula, maybe due to her insanity?  It definitely helps if the relationship is already negative before she starts pestering them, but even if someone is an enemy or a stranger, sometimes it results in positive movement.

"Grim Reaper is Flirty" Hah!

I suppose there are worse things he could be.  ;)

-------

**Mission Dispatch - 115** Flying Time

Oh, Mission Control.  It's so hard to go back to how things were now that I've seen the other side of my heritage.  With Mama at the top of her career, we're building a second shuttle to keep in the yard so visits can remain steady and frequent.

I tried the potion given to me by your apothecary.  True to promise, it made me immediately very slender.  Almost too slender if you ask Tad, but I'm a fan.  And he's not all that put off when it really comes down to it!

Mama became an elder shortly after Tad and I got engaged.

You'd never know but for her hair color.  This is her at the wedding.

We explained to her that she could just dye it back but she found the idea "flagrantly dishonest."

We decided there's some sort of family glitch regarding wedding dresses.  I didn't get one either and got married in my casual wear.  It's the only time I've ever seen Neb cry.

I got pregnant almost right away.  Tad was thrilled.

I was a bit worried knowing how some sims react to finding out their lady is expecting, but it wasn't a problem here.  He says he wants at least 3.

Mama is fascinated by pregnancy in someone other than herself.  She delights in feeling the kicks.

She's kind of given up on ever accomplishing her lifetime aspiration.  It was a really bad fit to go with the astronaut career as it turns out.  She got through stage 2 at least and now spends her elder years with her family.

(It's pretty hard to manage a bunch of lifetime aspirations when there's no open world.)

I gave birth to Estella early in the morning before work.  It was terrible to have to leave right after putting her in the family crib.

But of course, there are lots of grown ups around to dote over her.  Also, check out Neb's waistline!  She's lost it all the old fashioned way, no fancy space potions.

As for parenthood, Mission Control, I knew what to expect, but it has its ups and downs.

**Mission Dispatch - 115** Expanding

Neb likes to tease that she's sometimes reminded of how glad she is that the baby is mine and not hers when it comes time for a bubble bath or locking herself in her room.  I don't mind the teasing.

I'm making good progress on becoming a mansion baron.

I need to fix the uneven roof later.  We've only built an en suite bedroom for Estella so far upstairs.

She aged up evil, bless her, just like her father.  So it's rather a trail to keep her from alienating everyone she speaks to.  She wishes to be a whiz kid.  Nebula is pretty pessimistic about her odds.

The second baby is already on the way, timed with my decision to continue on with being an artist rather than a patron. 

Mama has used the new equipment I picked up from my most recent trip to Centari to great effect.

Tad likes to change the outcomes of the good vs. evil battles in Estella's stories to prevent them both from getting the angry emotion.  I suppose that's all right.

Our second daughter's name is Europa.  Mama convinced Tad that it was essential to bring a fork when handling a second born infant.  I'm not sure if he was humoring her or convinced of the necessity.

Sadly, she will never know her grandmother.  It pains me to report that Mama passed away while sodering new propeller jets onto the rocket.

She looked up as though she knew it was coming ... and then ...

I did my best to keep her with us, but Grim was not swayed.

She's with Papa again, at the very least, and someday soon we'll have a party to send her back to Centari in style.

Rest well, Mama.  Say hi to Papa.

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: The Centari Legacy - Flying Time
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2014, 10:55:49 PM »
Wow, Celeste's death actually hit me pretty hard. Your story telling is good enough to keep me with the story so that it's not just reading "yet another legacy." I like that about your story and your writing, and I appreciate what you're putting together here.

I also had problems with the Whiz Kid aspiration due to the dependence on school days and the requirements to earn an A in school. It wound up not being worth it to me to keep working on completing it, and I gave up. My second generation heir has turned into a real pain in the rear end anyway and I'm almost eager to get on with generation 3 so that I don't have to worry so much about him.

Since I'm playing for points, this pains me.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2014, 12:14:21 AM »
RIP Celeste. Losing you founder is always tough. I find that I get especially fond of my founders.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2014, 01:13:18 AM »
The end of an era - let's see how the decedents keep the connection to Centari alive.

I also find that accomplishing some aspirations will be a hassle when it comes to the no-open world thing. But, I also think this is because we are so used to one way of playing... I hope I will get better at managing my game...

Offline Ginj

• Occult
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2014, 05:20:41 AM »
The aspirations *are* super tough, especially the childhood aspirations.  Congratulations on a great chapter, Saltpastillen, and condolences about Celeste.

Online LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2014, 09:08:24 AM »
Goodbye to Celeste, good she has this amazing daughter and grandchildren to keep her legacy going.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2014, 01:53:08 PM »

New rule in choosing heir: baby who gets the fork wins!  :P Tilia, you seriously know how to give readers the feels. Rest in peace, Celeste.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2014, 05:59:29 PM »
The aspirations *are* super tough, especially the childhood aspirations.  Congratulations on a great chapter, Saltpastillen, and condolences about Celeste.

I'm sorry, Tilia; I shouldn't post when I'm ill.  Anyway, great chapter!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Dear Mama
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2014, 09:57:02 PM »
Wow, Celeste's death actually hit me pretty hard. Your story telling is good enough to keep me with the story so that it's not just reading "yet another legacy." I like that about your story and your writing, and I appreciate what you're putting together here.

I also had problems with the Whiz Kid aspiration due to the dependence on school days and the requirements to earn an A in school. It wound up not being worth it to me to keep working on completing it, and I gave up. My second generation heir has turned into a real pain in the rear end anyway and I'm almost eager to get on with generation 3 so that I don't have to worry so much about him.

Since I'm playing for points, this pains me.

I actually said "Nooooo" out loud when the camera cut to her.  Social Butterfly is my least favorite childhood aspiration.  In fact all the social aspirations are a giant pain because of loading screens between locations.

RIP Celeste. Losing you founder is always tough. I find that I get especially fond of my founders.

She's back on her home planet now.  *sniff*

The end of an era - let's see how the decedents keep the connection to Centari alive.

I also find that accomplishing some aspirations will be a hassle when it comes to the no-open world thing. But, I also think this is because we are so used to one way of playing... I hope I will get better at managing my game...

It's a good thing I'm not overly obsessed with points.  It's more a learning experience through multi-generation play.  Otherwise I'd be rather upset.  But yeah, I'm hoping that experience makes managing the aspirations easier.

I'm sorry, Tilia; I shouldn't post when I'm ill.  Anyway, great chapter!

Haha, noooo worries.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Goodbye to Celeste, good she has this amazing daughter and grandchildren to keep her legacy going.

I'm surprised something isn't influencing babies because they've all been female thus far!

New rule in choosing heir: baby who gets the fork wins!  :P Tilia, you seriously know how to give readers the feels. Rest in peace, Celeste.

Fork babies are best babies.

**Mission Dispatch - 129** Dear Mama

Mama.  I hope you're settling back into your old life and helping Papa adjust as well.  He seemed fairly uncomfortable with orbal form last time I saw him.  I think you're just the cutest couple up there.  I've used it as inspiration more than once.

I've included a lot of grandbaby pictures for you two.  Europa grew up a little genius like her Daddy.

The girls get along well as long as Estella isn't giving into her evil streak.  Sometimes I think she's quite like her Dickens namesake.

And the new baby is named Callista, for that moon we got stranded on during my second space flight, remember?  I still have one of the rocks.  Europa dotes on her.

Those two will likely be partners in crime, while Estella remains a daddy's girl.  I suppose it's the evil thing.

Callista, though.  She aged up looking just like you, Mom.  Seeing her sometimes makes me freeze in my tracks.  She's a genius too.  Just like you.

I'm helping the girls work toward their aspirations, so I'm sending Estella up with the reports when she ages up to a teen.  We love you.

**Mission Dispatch - 130** Dear Papa

Papa!  Estella tells me you're adjusting.  The others wanted to say hello.

----

Morning, Daddy!  Is it morning in space?  What's it like with two suns?  I am growing a cow in the garden.

Love, Neb.

Dear Grandpa, I am the writer and also the oldest.  I'm named Estella and it means stars.  My sisters are the best.

Today is my birthday!  My cake is made of strawberries from the plants you put in the ground a long time ago!

My sisters will still be just kids.  That's okay. I'm ready.

Dear Grampa,

Hi!  We are your best granddaughters, Europa and Callista, the Jupiter moons!

We're probably going to be co-heirs.  That's what we decided.  Estella's too old and cool to play now.  So we play alone.

Thank you for the red coral plant!  It's creepy and weird and we love it!  There's a cow plant outside named Esteban.  He's ornery.

That's Estella.  She only plays with Brady now.  He's cooler than us, we guess.  They go smoochy smooch.

Ooooh, Brady.  He's such a dreamboat!  barf.

Just like Mom and Dad.  It's pretty gross.  Not like you and Granny gross with the eyes and the tentacles, just blech gross like black licorice.

**Mission Dispatch - 133** Instructions for Safety

I mean it, Estella, no pit stops.  And you still have to go to your retail job when you get back.  you made a commitment and you have to stick to it.

You've been very good with your sisters, which is why we're trusting you with this big job.

Just don't mention to the girls about Esteban.  We've told them you're returning him to Centari.

Uh, we're telling Auntie Neb that too.  You know how she was about the cow.  We just ... will have to feed the next one more often?  Ask Grog for an owner's guide.

Don't forget the birthday pictures of your sisters either!

Tell them Europa wants to be a writer.  They'll like that.

And tell your Gran about the hamburger cake.  She would've gone gaga for it.

Not to mention her doppleganger of a granddaughter.

Be safe, Stell.  I love you.  - Mom

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Centari Legacy - Dear Mama
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2014, 12:45:13 AM »
Wow, look at all those beautiful girls! Must be something in the water.  :P

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2014, 10:04:28 AM »
I love the way you're telling this story and I can't wait to see what's in store for the family.

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2014, 05:32:47 PM »
Oh, my. I just love the terms that you used in your story and your chapter title tickles my curiosity, too. So scientific, ambiguous and yet there’s hilarity around but since the beginning of chapter 2 everything seems a little dark. I also love different storytelling that you offer in your story. That’s charming. And your story is well-written too (I envy you and everyone else here for that). I’d love to read more :)
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2014, 02:42:16 AM »
Oh wow! Your story is so great. The grand kids are just lovely. It was so sad when your founders passed away, strange how attached you become to these little digital people.

karlissa

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2014, 11:48:22 AM »
I love the whole alien concept it's so... alien when the founder isn't green, I just love it!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Bad Seed
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2014, 03:30:49 PM »
Wow, look at all those beautiful girls! Must be something in the water.  :P

Honestly, if the devs hadn't confirmed there's no way to influence gender, I'd be convinced I'd done something to make the onslaught of women happen.

I love the way you're telling this story and I can't wait to see what's in store for the family.

Me too!  It's as much a surprise to me as the readers.

Love it!

Oh, my. I just love the terms that you used in your story and your chapter title tickles my curiosity, too. So scientific, ambiguous and yet there’s hilarity around but since the beginning of chapter 2 everything seems a little dark. I also love different storytelling that you offer in your story. That’s charming. And your story is well-written too (I envy you and everyone else here for that). I’d love to read more :)

Thanks so much.  I feel good about finishing it, as things are moving along nicely and the rules aren't overly strict.  Hopefully I'll get all the way to Gen 10!

Oh wow! Your story is so great. The grand kids are just lovely. It was so sad when your founders passed away, strange how attached you become to these little digital people.

It is strange, isn't it?  My first dynasty project got me so emotionally invested that I cried a few times.  No judging.

I love the whole alien concept it's so... alien when the founder isn't green, I just love it!

Haha, I thought about making her green, but it didn't seem to suit the personality I had in mind.

------

**Mission Dispatch - 201** - Bad Seed

Don't pretend like you didn't actively wish against me to be heir.  I know an evil heiress isn't on anyone's wish list.  Too bad.  Europa tanked her childhood aspiration and Callista rolled the painter aspiration.  So it's just me.  And you.  And all the mixed drinks your weird little wobbly orb bodies can handle.

That's right.  I'm going to be a mixologist.  I know it doesn't quite fit the intellectual edge I have from childhood, but I want to throw a thousand parties, so it works for me.  Besides, even the most important people drink.

Brady thinks it's the coolest.  What other teen serves adults their booze for simoleans?  I just like watching them all make uninformed decisions.

Europa has a boyfriend too.  He's a bore named Chaz.  It won't last.  At least not if my constant attentions to the Chaz-centric voodoo doll in my inventory have any say int he matter.

She can do better.  My other sister paints geeky stuff.  She also has a D in school.  Not sure what we're going to do with her, but it hardly matters as the heir thing is settled, does it now?

My first official social event was a gold medal birthday party for yours truly.  I looked fabulous, even if I did become lazy.

It was a good opportunity to get a bigger dining room table.  I'm going to redesign the whole kitchen at some point.  For whatever reason, counters won't link along a diagonal wall, which is some bull, but maybe a patch will fix it soon.  Patching is just general world improvement, Mission Control.  Your world probably gets patched too.

I joined the chef profession.  The uniform is not very flattering.  I assure you I have not gained that much weight.

I threw a second party for Europa's birthday.  She aged up a bro.  I'm really thinking that trait is pointless.

I wasn't actually there for the party.  I was out with Brady.

Now that we're both adults, I can tell there's a bit of a sibling rivalry going on.  Which is why I put a ring on it as soon as humanly possible.

I did it by the shuttles so when he agreed to move in, I could drop the whole alien thing on him once it was too late.  He took it in stride.  We went upstairs to watch Simlander (Brady looks just like that Scottish dude) while Europa connived to outdo me.  Ha.  After a horrible sleepover, her date night/morning of shame ended in a breakup.

LOL

Callista at least knows her place.

On the eve of my wedding, Mom prepared a gorgeous three-tiered white and black cake for us, while Europa stumbled out to go get juicefaced in the next town over.

We're not entirely sure what happened.  Just that involved a guy named Corey.

And eloping into his household the same night she met him, then sleeping through my wedding.  Good going, sis.  You're the tops.

I don't even care.

She's not going to ruin my big day.

In wedding dress news, I still didn't get one, but my husband-to-be got a tux.  So either things are improving or this game has been glitched from the beginning.  Peace out, Mission Control.  I've got a WooHoo to get to.

dispatch closed

Online LenaLJ

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - Bad Seed
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2014, 04:16:13 PM »
The 3 sisters are really stunning. Wow I wish my game would produce some girls.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2014, 04:48:54 PM »
The 3 sisters are really stunning. Wow I wish my game would produce some girls.

Still no luck? My first pregnancy was  twins (1boy 1 girl) the next 2 pregnancies were boys, and the last 3 have been girls. You'll get some eventually ;)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2014, 06:47:03 PM »

Oh, heartless, evil Estella. She certainly makes for an entertaining heir!

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2014, 12:03:35 AM »
Really enjoying your writing style it's very entertaining!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2014, 04:00:13 AM »
Estella says...Which is why I put a ring on it as soon as humanly possible.<<< lol ;D Oh the machinations of an evil heir, fantastic.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2014, 06:20:14 PM »
I actually feel the same way about the Bro thing, hope someone discover what that trait could do. I think there’s nothing wrong for being an evil heiress. Evil Estella looks charming in her own way, I love her attitude and her style in writing:)
Arimau's Playground

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2014, 05:22:15 PM »
Okay guys, I am having SERIOUS issues since the latest patch, so I'm going to sit tight and see what happens with the next one they release.  Hopefully it'll fix this game.  Problems include:

1.) inability to throw away anything
2.) weeding the furniture
3.) parties not progressing or registering at all
4.) the roof is now floating

I'm not sure what the deal is, but it's possible I jumped the gun on starting a big project before they worked all their bugs out :(

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2014, 11:47:33 PM »
I hope that it works out for you.. I also hope that it's only in this file and your still able to play other files ok. Good luck!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2014, 02:08:39 AM »
Oh no Tilla, that really sucks. I'm a having problems with friendships inside the house. Every time I log out and then back into the game one of my main characters is no longer even known to the others!! So far the only party that is wiggy for me is the birthday party where no matter how many cakes my sim bakes it never registers.
I hope you can continue even if it's just through the generations without the scoring. It's a lot of work to end up with a score that does not reflect your effort though.
Fingers crossed for you.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2014, 03:48:33 AM »
Sorry to hear that you are having so many problems after the newest patch. I hope you can sort them out and not have to abandon your great story.

I think that I have only had trouble with baking the cake during the birthday party not registering, but the party still went silver. And Pelham's grave now says "R.I.P. ________ "

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2014, 09:30:42 AM »
Hope everything will be alright and the newest patch could fix all of your problems, so we could read your tale again. Fingers crossed! :)
Arimau's Playground

Offline audbooh

• she/her
  • Llama Wrangler
  • lurking in the shadows
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2014, 11:03:18 AM »
I do have to admit that I've been reading since the beginning, but never decided to comment till now (always in the background, actually, I just don't really know what to say mostly.) But, your story is amazing. I really loved Celeste, and all of your characters. I hope to one day muster up the courage, (and get the software needed) and make a story half as good as yours.   ;D. I hope you can continue soon!

P.s. maybe, when you get the new patch working, Celeste will show up as a ghost!  :P

P.p.s. my computer had had no troubles with the new patch, maybe it's just your computer. Mines it's a Windows 8.1. I'm not that computer techie. So I have no idea about all that stuff...
unapologetic lover of romance, period pieces, and angsty pretty boys

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2015, 10:37:35 PM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.  @Tilia - you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.

Original Storyboard: Sims 4 Legacy Stories

anything