Author Topic: The Drake Legacy Challenge - Chapter 1.11  (Read 10067 times)

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
Re: The Drake Legacy Challenge - Chapter 1.9
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 10:51:33 PM »
One song that could describe about what I feel after you posting the updates, just like one song that Aristo mentioned about to Talia: Just The Way You Are feat Lupe Fiasco, lol.

Devin! You're great as the way you are. I love this :)

It doesnít matter about what others think, thing that matters the most is what you think about yourself. You may say that itís maybe not the best update, but thatís not entirely true. I think this is the most beautiful thing that I see in your works. You post just as who you are and I totally love it! I truly enjoy your works here, especially the images. Its true then when old folks said to me that one picture could tell so much depends on who see it. Donít worry! Weíre all learning here thatís why community was created in the first place, because we shared the same thing, we do thing that we love.

Öand we never get old if we want to learn. Iím also still learning and make a lot of mistakes but thatís alright because from mistakes in the end we will know whatís right. And thereís so many thing that I want to explore :D :D :D

Keep being awesome!!
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 11:08:10 PM »
I managed to complete the social butterfly aspiration with about five minutes to spare before I frantically put candles on his birthday cake! I used the Health Drink and the reward that replaces sleep and non-stop chatting to three kiddies and two adults until they were all very playful. Once they all had that emotion I just non-stop told jokes. I repeated each joke twice (any more than twice and you get a negative hit) because jokes give you a double increase in relationship. ( A small double ++ sign shows after each joke.) Poor kid was nearly hysterical by the time they were all friends.

The down side of that is that no-one else in the family can be actively working towards aspiration goals, they can be skilling up at home in that 'away' interaction thingy, but that's not the same really.

It certainly was a real challenge. I hope like anything that I don't roll that aspiration again.
ďDon't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.Ē  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2014, 04:50:26 AM »
This seems to be my first comment but I have been reading your story right from the start. You are doing a great job here! You have such a beautiful family growing. Talia is beautiful, Cale is really handsome and kids so cute.

What prompted me to comment was something Playalot wrote earlier: it is interesting how other people play and what happens. We the simmers are so different: you wrote that you are struggling with so many sims in the household, while I got bored with just three sims left after playing a full house. I felt the same way with Sims 2 and 3, too - have to have many sims to control. And I have found the Social Butterfly to be the easiest child aspiration (that is if you have enough townie kids in the game). Whiz Kid is the most difficult for me, because it requires the child to earn an 'A' at school while still working on other goals for the aspiration.

A tip for working on several aspirations at one time: send all your sims out to the library in Willow Creek. Sims can work towards different aspirations there by reading the skill books (they keep on reading if you queue the action several times), practice on the computer, play chess, meet other sims, fish on the shore and kids can play in the pirate ship and gain motor skill. I don't remember if the activity table was there originally, but I have one in the library at least now and after I placed an easel for the adults, my sims can be working on most skills in the library.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 12:14:14 PM »
Three sims is my ideal number, to be honest with you. That being said, I completely understand why you get bored, particularly as it's more likely that you're going to experience some gaps when sims are working or sleeping at the same time. I'm also re-creating the Mullen "legacy" (not a true legacy since I'm not following most of the rules at this point), and right now, with three sims in the family, there are a ton of times that I'm waiting between work shifts for them to come home. The baby just aged up though, so she'll add a new dynamic.

One of the problems that I keep having with legacies in Sims 4 is that I get overwhelmed very easily with large numbers of sims, and it's easy to give up when I start to forget to take pictures. I've done okay with the Drakes so far (which has helped to keep me going) but two sets of twins back to back made me panic and need a break. I'd wanted four children, not five, and five is wearing me out quickly. Generation 2 and I already have a household of 7 sims. That's pretty insane.

I really like Talia though. Logan is hands down my favorite (just because of her facial expressions -- once I get to generation 3 I'll share more of her) but Talia's backstory makes me happy. Arimau has a point about her snobbishness (I didn't understand at first what he meant, but he's actually right on target with her attitude toward other people, and in particular Cale), but I think that her story allows that to come from somewhere, and I feel good about that.

This is how I used to do Sims stories, with a lot of personality and back story. For some reason, I never found that possible in The Sims 3 (like it didn't give me enough of a backdrop) but I feel like TS4 is more like TS2, which gave me the background for stories that I needed.

I've not chosen an heir yet, so these girls need some personality, stat. Right now it's looking like it's going to be Emily since she will (probably) complete her Whiz Kid Aspiration and I'm dubious that Brianna is going to manage the Creative Genius just because by the time I get to her, it's overwhelming.

Side benefit of doing the Aspiration building at the library: Spending time in the neighborhood causes some of the less common plants to grow in that neighborhood (roses in particular), allowing them to be harvest-able. Presumably if one were to add a library or similar venue to Oasis Springs, the same benefit could be gleaned there. I'd not thought of doing it that way, so I'll give that a try with the next social butterfly who pops up in the legacy.

Fortunately nearly all of my kids are Rambunctious Scamps, so I've gotten quite good at that one!

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2014, 03:02:45 PM »
The important thing is that you're enjoying yourself. If youíre enjoying yourself youíll continue this legacy no matter what happen, you wouldnít worry about what others think either :) But what I truly meant is please understand that readers have their own like, dislike and preference. There is something that related to real life stuffs. The story itself is great, but in some case I myself hate snob people so much because I have experiences for that and thatís not good for my health because I tend to get angry and feel uncomfortable after reading yours :(

That also works with some attitudes toward Cole, Iíve experienced that thing so instead leaving comments that lead to flaming I chose to avoid and stay silent. Everyone perspective also different, weíre seeing world in different angle, so we as author canít force our perspective to them. And remember that we couldnít read your mind so we donít know what behind it.

Öand weíre all already having full of real life stuff over our head, and life of full of drama so I would be likes not to add another thing to make my life worse, lol. Having drama in a story is okay, thatís necessary to create a good story, but just remembers about the portion and for the Llama sake youíre the Watcher, You have control about their life! The Sims 4 is a Life Simulation, not a real life! Make their life better, geez! 

So I myself prefer to see others with comedy elements or meaningful things, (for example: take a note about Red from justproud, his works inspired me so much despite of her weaknesses and Playalot works with randomness that always made me smile and other writers here who it seems have hidden talent as comedian). One or two with hilarious phrase or funny image never fail to make me laugh and I feel much better after that. And thatís why that I suggest you to slip another genre, so the story not focus at that, at least thereís a wind of change. I just want you to continue your legacy, but itíd be enjoyable to you and others too. Since youíre posting to chapter 1.9, you suddenly stopped. I thought it would be a shame if this wonderful story going to graveyard.

So, please kindly understand again that even people have their own limits. Sometimes people appreciate others when theyíre not into their life anymore. Donít let that happen to you and donít blame to situation after that. We just want you to change to a better version of you. We actually care about you and we hope that you could understand and weíre here to have fun together :)

P.S: Devin, youíre one of kind of serious type but I know deep down inside youíre a kind and genuine person, but you have your own way to express it and people tend to misunderstood you. So that leads to miscommunication and problem that not supposed to happen, haha. Thatís simply from my observation lol. Donít take everything personally ;)
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
Re: The Drake Legacy Challenge - Chapter 1.11
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2014, 04:39:50 AM »
Hello!

I don't have Sims 4 so I can't really help you out with the gameplay. I love the voice you gave to each character, it makes them unique and not sound like the same person - something I find a bit difficult so kudos for that  ;)

Your Sims are really beautiful, I have an addiction to pretty faces, and I hope to have more to say when you update.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Drake Legacy Challenge - Chapter 1.11
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2015, 12:37:33 PM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.  @Devin - you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.

Original Storyboard: Sims 4 Legacy Stories

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything