Author Topic: The Centari Legacy - Bad Seed  (Read 31020 times)

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
Re: The Centari Legacy - Flying Time
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2014, 05:20:41 AM »
The aspirations *are* super tough, especially the childhood aspirations.  Congratulations on a great chapter, Saltpastillen, and condolences about Celeste.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2014, 09:08:24 AM »
Goodbye to Celeste, good she has this amazing daughter and grandchildren to keep her legacy going.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2014, 01:53:08 PM »

New rule in choosing heir: baby who gets the fork wins!  :P Tilia, you seriously know how to give readers the feels. Rest in peace, Celeste.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2014, 05:59:29 PM »
The aspirations *are* super tough, especially the childhood aspirations.  Congratulations on a great chapter, Saltpastillen, and condolences about Celeste.

I'm sorry, Tilia; I shouldn't post when I'm ill.  Anyway, great chapter!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Dear Mama
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2014, 09:57:02 PM »
Wow, Celeste's death actually hit me pretty hard. Your story telling is good enough to keep me with the story so that it's not just reading "yet another legacy." I like that about your story and your writing, and I appreciate what you're putting together here.

I also had problems with the Whiz Kid aspiration due to the dependence on school days and the requirements to earn an A in school. It wound up not being worth it to me to keep working on completing it, and I gave up. My second generation heir has turned into a real pain in the rear end anyway and I'm almost eager to get on with generation 3 so that I don't have to worry so much about him.

Since I'm playing for points, this pains me.

I actually said "Nooooo" out loud when the camera cut to her.  Social Butterfly is my least favorite childhood aspiration.  In fact all the social aspirations are a giant pain because of loading screens between locations.

RIP Celeste. Losing you founder is always tough. I find that I get especially fond of my founders.

She's back on her home planet now.  *sniff*

The end of an era - let's see how the decedents keep the connection to Centari alive.

I also find that accomplishing some aspirations will be a hassle when it comes to the no-open world thing. But, I also think this is because we are so used to one way of playing... I hope I will get better at managing my game...

It's a good thing I'm not overly obsessed with points.  It's more a learning experience through multi-generation play.  Otherwise I'd be rather upset.  But yeah, I'm hoping that experience makes managing the aspirations easier.

I'm sorry, Tilia; I shouldn't post when I'm ill.  Anyway, great chapter!

Haha, noooo worries.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Goodbye to Celeste, good she has this amazing daughter and grandchildren to keep her legacy going.

I'm surprised something isn't influencing babies because they've all been female thus far!

New rule in choosing heir: baby who gets the fork wins!  :P Tilia, you seriously know how to give readers the feels. Rest in peace, Celeste.

Fork babies are best babies.

**Mission Dispatch - 129** Dear Mama

Mama.  I hope you're settling back into your old life and helping Papa adjust as well.  He seemed fairly uncomfortable with orbal form last time I saw him.  I think you're just the cutest couple up there.  I've used it as inspiration more than once.

I've included a lot of grandbaby pictures for you two.  Europa grew up a little genius like her Daddy.

The girls get along well as long as Estella isn't giving into her evil streak.  Sometimes I think she's quite like her Dickens namesake.

And the new baby is named Callista, for that moon we got stranded on during my second space flight, remember?  I still have one of the rocks.  Europa dotes on her.

Those two will likely be partners in crime, while Estella remains a daddy's girl.  I suppose it's the evil thing.

Callista, though.  She aged up looking just like you, Mom.  Seeing her sometimes makes me freeze in my tracks.  She's a genius too.  Just like you.

I'm helping the girls work toward their aspirations, so I'm sending Estella up with the reports when she ages up to a teen.  We love you.

**Mission Dispatch - 130** Dear Papa

Papa!  Estella tells me you're adjusting.  The others wanted to say hello.

----

Morning, Daddy!  Is it morning in space?  What's it like with two suns?  I am growing a cow in the garden.

Love, Neb.

Dear Grandpa, I am the writer and also the oldest.  I'm named Estella and it means stars.  My sisters are the best.

Today is my birthday!  My cake is made of strawberries from the plants you put in the ground a long time ago!

My sisters will still be just kids.  That's okay. I'm ready.

Dear Grampa,

Hi!  We are your best granddaughters, Europa and Callista, the Jupiter moons!

We're probably going to be co-heirs.  That's what we decided.  Estella's too old and cool to play now.  So we play alone.

Thank you for the red coral plant!  It's creepy and weird and we love it!  There's a cow plant outside named Esteban.  He's ornery.

That's Estella.  She only plays with Brady now.  He's cooler than us, we guess.  They go smoochy smooch.

Ooooh, Brady.  He's such a dreamboat!  barf.

Just like Mom and Dad.  It's pretty gross.  Not like you and Granny gross with the eyes and the tentacles, just blech gross like black licorice.

**Mission Dispatch - 133** Instructions for Safety

I mean it, Estella, no pit stops.  And you still have to go to your retail job when you get back.  you made a commitment and you have to stick to it.

You've been very good with your sisters, which is why we're trusting you with this big job.

Just don't mention to the girls about Esteban.  We've told them you're returning him to Centari.

Uh, we're telling Auntie Neb that too.  You know how she was about the cow.  We just ... will have to feed the next one more often?  Ask Grog for an owner's guide.

Don't forget the birthday pictures of your sisters either!

Tell them Europa wants to be a writer.  They'll like that.

And tell your Gran about the hamburger cake.  She would've gone gaga for it.

Not to mention her doppleganger of a granddaughter.

Be safe, Stell.  I love you.  - Mom

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Centari Legacy - Dear Mama
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2014, 12:45:13 AM »
Wow, look at all those beautiful girls! Must be something in the water.  :P

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2014, 10:04:28 AM »
I love the way you're telling this story and I can't wait to see what's in store for the family.

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2014, 05:32:47 PM »
Oh, my. I just love the terms that you used in your story and your chapter title tickles my curiosity, too. So scientific, ambiguous and yet there’s hilarity around but since the beginning of chapter 2 everything seems a little dark. I also love different storytelling that you offer in your story. That’s charming. And your story is well-written too (I envy you and everyone else here for that). I’d love to read more :)
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2014, 02:42:16 AM »
Oh wow! Your story is so great. The grand kids are just lovely. It was so sad when your founders passed away, strange how attached you become to these little digital people.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

karlissa

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2014, 11:48:22 AM »
I love the whole alien concept it's so... alien when the founder isn't green, I just love it!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Bad Seed
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2014, 03:30:49 PM »
Wow, look at all those beautiful girls! Must be something in the water.  :P

Honestly, if the devs hadn't confirmed there's no way to influence gender, I'd be convinced I'd done something to make the onslaught of women happen.

I love the way you're telling this story and I can't wait to see what's in store for the family.

Me too!  It's as much a surprise to me as the readers.

Love it!

Oh, my. I just love the terms that you used in your story and your chapter title tickles my curiosity, too. So scientific, ambiguous and yet there’s hilarity around but since the beginning of chapter 2 everything seems a little dark. I also love different storytelling that you offer in your story. That’s charming. And your story is well-written too (I envy you and everyone else here for that). I’d love to read more :)

Thanks so much.  I feel good about finishing it, as things are moving along nicely and the rules aren't overly strict.  Hopefully I'll get all the way to Gen 10!

Oh wow! Your story is so great. The grand kids are just lovely. It was so sad when your founders passed away, strange how attached you become to these little digital people.

It is strange, isn't it?  My first dynasty project got me so emotionally invested that I cried a few times.  No judging.

I love the whole alien concept it's so... alien when the founder isn't green, I just love it!

Haha, I thought about making her green, but it didn't seem to suit the personality I had in mind.

------

**Mission Dispatch - 201** - Bad Seed

Don't pretend like you didn't actively wish against me to be heir.  I know an evil heiress isn't on anyone's wish list.  Too bad.  Europa tanked her childhood aspiration and Callista rolled the painter aspiration.  So it's just me.  And you.  And all the mixed drinks your weird little wobbly orb bodies can handle.

That's right.  I'm going to be a mixologist.  I know it doesn't quite fit the intellectual edge I have from childhood, but I want to throw a thousand parties, so it works for me.  Besides, even the most important people drink.

Brady thinks it's the coolest.  What other teen serves adults their booze for simoleans?  I just like watching them all make uninformed decisions.

Europa has a boyfriend too.  He's a bore named Chaz.  It won't last.  At least not if my constant attentions to the Chaz-centric voodoo doll in my inventory have any say int he matter.

She can do better.  My other sister paints geeky stuff.  She also has a D in school.  Not sure what we're going to do with her, but it hardly matters as the heir thing is settled, does it now?

My first official social event was a gold medal birthday party for yours truly.  I looked fabulous, even if I did become lazy.

It was a good opportunity to get a bigger dining room table.  I'm going to redesign the whole kitchen at some point.  For whatever reason, counters won't link along a diagonal wall, which is some bull, but maybe a patch will fix it soon.  Patching is just general world improvement, Mission Control.  Your world probably gets patched too.

I joined the chef profession.  The uniform is not very flattering.  I assure you I have not gained that much weight.

I threw a second party for Europa's birthday.  She aged up a bro.  I'm really thinking that trait is pointless.

I wasn't actually there for the party.  I was out with Brady.

Now that we're both adults, I can tell there's a bit of a sibling rivalry going on.  Which is why I put a ring on it as soon as humanly possible.

I did it by the shuttles so when he agreed to move in, I could drop the whole alien thing on him once it was too late.  He took it in stride.  We went upstairs to watch Simlander (Brady looks just like that Scottish dude) while Europa connived to outdo me.  Ha.  After a horrible sleepover, her date night/morning of shame ended in a breakup.

LOL

Callista at least knows her place.

On the eve of my wedding, Mom prepared a gorgeous three-tiered white and black cake for us, while Europa stumbled out to go get juicefaced in the next town over.

We're not entirely sure what happened.  Just that involved a guy named Corey.

And eloping into his household the same night she met him, then sleeping through my wedding.  Good going, sis.  You're the tops.

I don't even care.

She's not going to ruin my big day.

In wedding dress news, I still didn't get one, but my husband-to-be got a tux.  So either things are improving or this game has been glitched from the beginning.  Peace out, Mission Control.  I've got a WooHoo to get to.

dispatch closed

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - Bad Seed
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2014, 04:16:13 PM »
The 3 sisters are really stunning. Wow I wish my game would produce some girls.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - Bad Seed
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2014, 04:48:54 PM »
The 3 sisters are really stunning. Wow I wish my game would produce some girls.

Still no luck? My first pregnancy was  twins (1boy 1 girl) the next 2 pregnancies were boys, and the last 3 have been girls. You'll get some eventually ;)

anything