Author Topic: The Man Dynasty 5.0 — This Time it's for Total Manhood (Finished)  (Read 194812 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Man Dynasty 5.0 — This Time it's for Total Manhood
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2010, 04:20:46 PM »
Recipe: “I’m going to call Malcolm and tell him that the baby is coming.”
Recipe: “Hi Malcolm. The baby is coming.”
Malcolm: “Check the front door.”
Agnes: “The baby’s coming.”
Jamila: “OHHHH! UMMMPPPHHH!”
Recipe: “We’re in a pickle here, Malcolm. Your sister is talking nonsense and seems to be quite umcomfortable. Even Agnes is getting into the act and constantly saying the baby is coming.”
Agnes: “The baby is coming.”
Recipe: “For Pete's sake, Man, your dad is a doctor. Surely you can help us out. It's a simple question, Malcolm, “where is the baby coming from?”
Malcolm: “Check the front door.”
Recipe: “Wait a minute. Hold on...”

Classic!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2010, 04:34:06 PM »
Very entertaining stalking and fake mourning. Jamila is actually the first story progression created Landgraab girl I’ve seen not looking like Malcolm with different hair. Queen Man - what a name, she’s set for a lifetime of gender confusion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2010, 04:46:33 PM »
Very entertaining stalking and fake mourning. Jamila is actually the first story progression created Landgraab girl I’ve seen not looking like Malcolm with different hair. Queen Man - what a name, she’s set for a lifetime of gender confusion.

Thanks. Yeah, Queen definitely threw me a curve ball. When I got the announcement it was a girl, I'm like, "Oh yeah...it helps to actually have Jamila EAT the 10 apples I put in her inventory." I'm so spacey sometimes.  :D

Offline CJ Silver

• Llama Wrangler
  • Katamari Lover-Hater
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2010, 04:51:56 PM »
You’ve got a beatiful new niece. NIECE?

Yep, I knew this would happen! It happened to me too - no matter how many melons I ate, my Sim-woman pops a boy.

It seems that somehow the fruit gender trick NO LONGER WORKS! All babies born will have a 50/50 chance of being a boy or girl! ARGH, totally random. This started happening to me when I installed Twallan's story progression mod. Maybe the mod nukes that exploit because it's cheating?

Guess your Man legacy can't be a Man legacy anymore because of this, though I'm glad that Recipe is taking this in stride with a new name, but sheeeesh...

Anyways, great story so far and I'm glad that you got Recipe a new wife in Malcolm's little sister. The Landgraabs deserve to be part of the Man Clan. But I think you should try another theme... (screams at the Fate Gods for somehow nuking the fruit pregnancy trick)

EDIT: Oh wait, you forgot to feed Jamila the apples when she popped, ha ha ha! Sorry, didn't get that! Strangely, what I said above is happening to me and my game. I blame Story Progression and Twallan.
"The Points Mean Nothing" - My new catchphrase after seeing this trope on TV Tropes.com, to describe my belief on Legacies and other Sims 3 challenges

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2010, 04:57:40 PM »
It seems that somehow the fruit gender trick NO LONGER WORKS!

Oh, it works fine. Most of the time obviously. Here's what happened—in my last effort, I was more concerned with getting the gender right than keeping Bella happy all the time. The penalty was I only was able to pick one of Sound's traits. Not a huge deal, but still. So, this time I was so preoccupied with the mood benefits from good meals I completely forgot about about the apples because Jamila was never really hungry. Oh, well. No biggie when you really get down to it. Generation #7 has to be a girl, so that one is sealed, but maybe I'll just go random for the others to keep me on my toes.

Offline CJ Silver

• Llama Wrangler
  • Katamari Lover-Hater
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2010, 05:20:30 PM »
Yeah, I wasn't too fond of the patriarchal rule you imposed for your dynasty, but that's just because I"m more of a feminist(sorry, that had to be said) and had nothing to do with your theme, okay? I'm expecting Queen to be groomed into a tomboy but tomboys are cool stereotypes.

How about instead of a Man Dynasty, you make this a War of the Sexes dynasty? Just let the game choose gender and have the Men and Girls duke it out to see who is better and can one-up the other. You don't have to go all prissy frilly sugar-pop stuff, as not all girls are sugar and spice. (TV Tropes.com has a ton of female only tropes that are masculine - Action Girl, Little Miss Badnik, etc, etc.) In the end, whoever is the most macho will get to be the king(or queen) of the hill! This is taking lemons and making lemon sushi out of it.  8)

Also, if you are having troubles with moodlets and feeding good meals to your preggy Sims, how about replacing the Good Meal moodlet with many others like going to the spa for a massage? I can think of a dozen posi-moodlets that can replace the Meal ones and still keep a woman in a good mood when they go into labor. Just a suggestion.
"The Points Mean Nothing" - My new catchphrase after seeing this trope on TV Tropes.com, to describe my belief on Legacies and other Sims 3 challenges

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2010, 05:36:16 PM »
Also, if you are having troubles with moodlets and feeding good meals to your preggy Sims, how about replacing the Good Meal moodlet with many others like going to the spa for a massage? I can think of a dozen posi-moodlets that can replace the Meal ones and still keep a woman in a good mood when they go into labor. Just a suggestion.

Hey, it's appreciated. Like I said I'm just spacey sometimes. No getting around that. It's the entire reason why this is version #5 instead of #4—I simply forgot something with #4.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2010, 06:03:33 PM »
Stuff happens, it just means the stories are getting better and they are for sure. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline CJ Silver

• Llama Wrangler
  • Katamari Lover-Hater
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2010, 07:49:04 PM »
Yeah! I kind of like Jamila the spawned Landgraab better than kissy lips - though I am planning to marry her into my next Sunset Valley family. I think your stories are doing better and better.

Still smiling at the "Disservice to Toddlers" message you gave with Business man though, though now we may have to change up the names. Are you still going with the same list of super-max skills with the family(Guitar=2, Nectar Making=3, etc.)?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2010, 07:58:04 PM »
Still smiling at the "Disservice to Toddlers" message you gave with Business man though, though now we may have to change up the names.

"We?" Are you helping me write this now?

Are you still going with the same list of super-max skills with the family(Guitar=2, Nectar Making=3, etc.)?

I don't think so. It could very well be December before another Man Dynasty update. I hope it's not that long, but writing for the Guide now takes top priority with Late Night coming out on Tuesday.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2010, 08:03:40 PM »
It could very well be December before another Man Dynasty update.
WAAAAAAAAHH! TT.TT
Formerly Simstar3

ladylaw1978

« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2010, 08:19:08 PM »
..........what.................No more Man....until December...???? Cruel Metro, cruel....

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2010, 08:28:20 PM »
I have no idea, everyone. December may be an exaggeration. I'll be traveling to Florida for Thanksgiving for a week, so that's a big chunk of time where I won't be able to play too. But, I can promise you that when Late Night is in my hands on Tuesday the Man Dynasty has to take a back seat to Guide writing. Of course, I have been known to write ridiculous Guide articles as well, so hopefully I can keep the craziness coming in one form or another.  ;)

ladylaw1978

« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2010, 10:37:52 PM »
Metro I am only kidding. While I often jones for the Man Dynasty, I too will be prepping for Late Night. Since I use tons of CC in my game, I will be cleaning it off and defragging my computer beginning now to get ready for the game which I'll be picking up from GameStop at 12am. Do what you need to because I really depend upon the Guide on this site ;D

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2010, 11:21:06 PM »
Proposed to in the bathroom. Nothing is ever as romantic as that! Poor Agnes may she R.I.P. but just standing there saying "The baby is coming." Is no help at all for poor Recipe!
I'm going to miss my laughs from this Manly Thread, but since I'm not getting FL and LN until December, I'm counting on you and the guides, so I'll happily wait with no complaints!  ;D ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2010, 06:37:07 AM »
I wouldn't be suprised if the Man family appeared in a Guide or two...  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2010, 10:31:47 AM »
Well, it was already in a Caption Contest photo. :D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2010, 10:37:33 AM »
Well, it was already in a Caption Contest photo. :D

Yeah, I won't be doing that again.  :D Not that it was a bad photo, but a lot of the caption submissions were Man Dynasty related which means it then becomes an inside joke if you're familiar to the story. So, if someone's voting on the captions and had never read the story, they'd be like.. ?? ... on some of the captions.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2010, 10:39:32 AM »
Foo.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2010, 11:05:36 PM »
Metro, check out the Thyme dynasty thread.  Somehow those Manly men show up everywhere.  lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline CJ Silver

• Llama Wrangler
  • Katamari Lover-Hater
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2010, 11:49:41 PM »
Metro, I wish you a happy holiday season. As a memento of your former version of the Mans, I plan to have Bella Bachelor be the founder's wife in my first project when I reinstall the Sims 3 tomorrow. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2010, 11:32:37 AM »
Previously Seen on the Man Dynasty...

Jamila goes into labor, Agnes informs everyone that “The Baby is Coming!” and Recipe calls Jamila’s brother, Malcolm, to ask him where the baby is coming from.

Queenie Man is born (it's not Queen, as I had stated in the last update). The two traits I gave her were Evil and Genius. She’s going to be a Dark Queen and eventually pursue the Evil track of the Criminal Career. It's going to be so easy for her it will be like stealing candy from a baby. Mwahahahaha!

To keep organized I added onto the small structure in back of Manly Estates that houses Recipe’s museum items. Now there’s room for Queenie’s items — well, at least 3 or 4 stages worth. I’ll just keep expanding as need be.

I refer to the Immortals’ Museum as the “front” museum because I’ve also created a rear museum to showcase the assets of all of the mortal spouses. This second museum butts up against the back of the Dynasty lot.

Recipe: “So, you’re okay with the whole dying thing and me living forever?”
Jamila: “Yeah. I’m cool with that. But, I need a favor from you.”
Recipe: “Anything. You name it.”
Jamila: “I want you to take a new photo of me because that one makes me look sad.”

The Recipe File: — Closed

Queen Bee’s Honey Do List:
Lifetime Wish:
Unique Career Maxed:
Unique Skill SuperMaxed:
Investments:
Unique Rewards:
6 Unique Best Friends:
BlackOps:
Museum Portraits:

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2010, 12:21:33 PM »
*does happy dance*  thanks for the update!
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2010, 04:08:25 PM »
Yay! I like the butt pics they are very funny!

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2010, 05:45:47 PM »
I refer to the Immortals’ Museum as the “front” museum because I’ve also created a rear museum to showcase the assets of all of the mortal spouses. This second museum butts up against the back of the Dynasty lot.

Now that sentence was just punny. :P

Great update Metro. I'm surprised you have enough time to put one together.

anything