Author Topic: The Man Dynasty 5.0 — This Time it's for Total Manhood (Finished)  (Read 294171 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Man Dynasty 5.0 — This Time it's for Total Manhood
« Reply #495 on: January 21, 2011, 10:53:18 PM »
I love it!  I think young Metropolis is the best looking in the family.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #496 on: January 22, 2011, 09:02:10 AM »
I love it!  I think young Metropolis is the best looking in the family.

I cannot agree that Metropolis is the best looking. I am so in love with Crazy. OMG. That Man... (the awesome part is that I am totally serious!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #497 on: January 22, 2011, 10:42:57 AM »
My favorite part "Almos... You're it!"  Brilliant! 

Metro is such a crack up!  Can't wait to hear more speeches from him/you uhhh... yeah. :P

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #498 on: January 22, 2011, 01:00:23 PM »
*Totally random thought alert*

I was reading the last pages about young Metro, and then my brain went to Austin powers, and then I seen "Mini Me".

Young Metro Man is Tom's version of "Mini Me".

I should stop watching so much TV and so many movies.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #499 on: January 22, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »
*Totally random thought alert*

I was reading the last pages about young Metro, and then my brain went to Austin powers, and then I seen "Mini Me".

Young Metro Man is Tom's version of "Mini Me".

I should stop watching so much TV and so many movies.
Those are good movies! Good call too, I think our Metro actually thinks the Metro in the game is him!  :o ;D

Nicky

« Reply #500 on: January 22, 2011, 05:12:22 PM »
I cannot agree that Metropolis is the best looking. I am so in love with Crazy. OMG. That Man... (the awesome part is that I am totally serious!)

I agree, I think I posted to that effect earlier in the thread, Crazy Man is definitely the hottie of the Immortals. I think it's the hair, also his ebullience.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #501 on: January 23, 2011, 10:49:49 AM »
Teen Metro Gets Tricked and Does Not Make Out Okay

I forgot to mention in the last update that Metro’s 3rd trait at the Child age-up was Good Sense of Humor. I’d be curious to hear how forumers would describe my sense of humor because it’s hard for me to really put a finger on it. Accurately describing oneself can be a challenge.

Anyway, my Mini Me Sim got the Get a Doll House wish. Yeah, right. Play with dolls? Me? Ha! I built forts in the basement with old blankets and card tables. And I liked it. But, I did steal (regularly) my older sister’s Barbies and they and my own GI Joes were often the targets of my rock throwing shenanigans at the creek near my house. Somehow, the Barbies and GI Joes always wound up in a mass entanglement of naked plastic. So, yeah, I guess I did play with dolls.

EeyoreWrite: “Metro, these little dolls that came with this house are sooooo cute (squeal)! I just want to give them a big hug and kiss.”
Metro: “I want them to hug and kiss too. I want them to have a baby.”
EeyoreWrite: “Stop that! Put their clothes back on!”

If I had had a grade school bus driver who wore a dress like this...well, I probably would have never gotten off the bus! My bus driver was “old school”  — a baseball bat, trench coat and hockey mask.

Metro: “Marry me, Miss Bus Driver! Take me away from all these Dynasty requirements. We can elope...let’s just drive off to Bridgeport — in your bus.”

It shouldn’t surprise anyone that I was the class clown in elementary school.

Joey Sidekick: “Okay, Metro. The teacher is out in the hallway.”
Metro: “I think the science film looks better when I shine it on my face.”
Everyone but Teacher’s Pet: “Hahahahaha.”
Teacher’s Pet: “I’m telling Principal Meanie.”

Principal Meanie: “Well, Metropolis, it looks like we’re just getting to be regular pals. You’ve strolled in here every day this week.”
Metro: “Please, Principal Meanie, just don’t tell my mom.”
Principal Meanie: “I won’t...IF you go over to City Hall and deliver this Pile of Permission Slips.”

Yeah, I got the Pile of Permission Slips Opportunity while at school. I want to know what city requires school permission slips to be taken to a government building! Lol.

Metro: “Hello, Governor DooNothing. Are you as confused as I am as to why school permission slips are being dropped off at a government building? Permission for what? For the kids to put on hard hats and redo the city streets?”
Governor DooNothing: “That’s not funny, Metro. Times are changing under my administration. Where do you live and what are your parents’ names?”

Now this is more like it. This is a bus driver that can instill old-fashioned fear in a young boy instead of old-fashioned fantasies.

Metro: “Ummm...h-h-h-hi. My n-n-name is...”
Driver: “QUIET!”

EeyoreWrite aged up to Adult a couple days before Metro aged up to Teen. I hadn’t really planned on showing EW’s age-up picture — the physical difference between Young Adult and Adult is very miniscule and EeyoreWrite is pretty much in the background now anyway. But, imagine my surprise when the following unfolded for our prolific Childrens’ Book author. Here’s EeyoreWrite, as a Young Adult pair of hot pants...

Moments later, she's left her Young Adulthood behind and aged up to a fully mature Childrens’ Book...

No, EW is as cute as ever as an Adult. But, get this — Recipe took her Adult photo for the museum. He asked her to pose, and she went Patch Adams on him and did some goofy hand gestures. Obviously her Childish trait kicked in there. Funny stuff.

Next up on the birthday list was yours truly. Time to become a Teen. What great memories I have of my teen years — seeing my body change practically overnight as I quickly took to weightlifting; kissing a girl for the first time and falling in love; playing drums in a rock band; earning my first paycheck from Kentucky Fried Chicken; did I mention the girls part? Yep, it was a carefree, crazy, fantastic time, and you’re going to experience every minute of it now for the low, low price of $19.99 by ordering the extended Director’s Cut DVD of Metro’s Teen Years.

Metro met a cute girl at his grade school, Lacey Eaton. He called her up and tried to make a solid first impression on her...

“Hi. I’m your cousin R. Hugh Eaton. Could I actually be talking to the beautiful Lacey Eaton?”
“Hello? Lacey? Hello?”

Prank phone calls were pretty common when I was a boy. I don’t think I’ve gotten a prank call in 30 years—probably because I finally matured and everyone that was on the receiving end of my prank calls had no reason to retaliate. But, in my prime no one was immune to getting a prank call. EeyoreWrite got the wish to “See X Be a Genius” and of course, I’m X. Yeah, right. I might not be the guy in the dark corner drooling on himself and wearing a helmet, but I’m no genius either. So, I couldn’t resist giving my own mom a prank call...

Metro: “If you’d like to see your son be a genius, press 1. Please stay on the line if you’d like to speak with a member of the Man Dynasty who doesn’t care if your son becomes a genius.”

Metro invited Lacey Eaton as well as several other classmates to his Teen age-up party. Guess what? Turns out Lacey is a Newspaper Carrier and has that whacked out NPC aging bug—she aged up to Teen on the way over to Metro’s party!

The next picture might be a first. I’ve seen a lot of bizarre screenshots on the forum, but never this kind of image. I happened to freeze the action at the exact moment the transition happened. So, what you’ve got is half-Child, half rubber Teen, but definitely all bad...

Thankfully, here’s the real deal of me after aging up to Teen —

I gave myself the Charismatic trait (Guys, listen to this great idea!) upon aging up. I actually canceled the automatic eat cake cue and opted to make a move on Lacey instead. Now that I was a teen with racing hormones, she suddenly looked a lot more attractive. I couldn’t wait to show her my combination beer can/comic book collection that any teenage girl would find fascinating (Hulk smash puny beer can collection. RAAARRGGH!).

My Observant reward was helpful in learning that Lacey had the Photographer's Eye trait. So, I just spammed a couple Talk About Camera socials...

“Lacey, if I'm moving too fast, just tell me to F-stop.”

Time to deploy my Great Sense of Humor. Well, actually I was not telling a joke below, but Lacey somehow thought I was...

“Lacey, you're really nice. I really like you. And I think that you and I might...what did I say?”

Ack. Strike one. Lacey bolted out of Manly Estates like I was kryptonite. Hmmm...no kissy poo, huggy face today. I smelled my armpits just to make sure that was not the problem.

The next day — my first day of high school — my Current Events class was assigned a project where everyone needed to make some type of educational public service announcement. I opted for a simple approach offering to provide everyone with my platform along with a couple of strategic photos from Recipe...

“Hi, Folks. I’m Metropolis Man, and in just a few short weeks I’ll be running for public office. Sunset Valley is ready for change and I’m going to make the change happen. Let me ask you this...are you tired of vampires constantly giving you the Hunted moodlet? Are you sick of paparazzi coming on your property day and night? Are you receiving the Networking is Key and Celebrity Body phone calls a million times every day? How about some real, honest-to-goodness reform? It's time to take out the garbage and I want to be your stinky trash Man!”

“That's right, folks, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. I know the meaning of a hard day's work. While my opponents will be schmoozing with Sunset Valley residents at the Day Spa and working on their tans, I'll be crafting my battleplan to clean up this town. And I'm not beneath barging into your home to help take out your own garbage too — whatever it takes...I'll take out the empty chili cans, banana peels, and coffee grounds of this city. So, folks when you head to the polls in a few weeks, you just picture me in your mind alongside a big pile of trash. If you see me on the street, please don't hesitate to ask me, “Could you please throw this away?”

I called up Lacey again to see if she had stopped laughing at me. Oh, no. When she arrived something was wrong. The Romantic socials were gone. What the heck happened?

Blast. Strike two — She aged up again and was now a Young Adult! Pfft. Lol. Well, there certainly was no harm in asking Ms. Eaton for a Friendly Hug. My Never Dull reward came in handy as I asked Lacey 361 times for a Friendly Hug. Hey, keep those hands where I can see ‘em, Metro. I know you, boy.

------------

The Recipe File: Closed
Queen Bee’s Honey Do List: Closed
Girly’s Check Out Self Checklist: Closed
Crazy’s Crazy Eight Requirements: Closed
The Sporting News: Closed
Sound's Musical Score: Closed
Writer’s Block (of info):

Lifetime Wish: Professional Author  
Unique Career Maxed: Writing
Unique Skill SuperMaxed: Writing
Investments: Divisadero Budget Books; Library
Unique Rewards: Acclaimed Author; Change Lifetime Wish; Prepared Traveler
BlackOps: Deliver a Painting to China; A Small Painting; Book Donation; To Boldly Go; A History of One; Add a Little Drama    
6 Unique Best Friends: Derik McCauley; Blake Cho; Enrique Eckert; Shayla Eckert; Gabriel Willingham; Kelsey Calloway
Museum Portraits: Toddler; Child; Teen; Young Adult; Adult;

Metro’s Self Indulgences:
Lifetime Wish:
Unique Career Maxed:
Unique Skill SuperMaxed:
Investments: Central Park; Sacred Spleen Memorial Hospital
Unique Rewards: Observant; Long Distance Friend; Never Dull
BlackOps: Pile of Permission Slips;    
6 Unique Best Friends:
Museum Portraits: Toddler; Child;

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #502 on: January 23, 2011, 10:59:36 AM »
Pfff... HAHAHA! ;D That was a great update, Metro! You do have the great sense of humor trait! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #503 on: January 23, 2011, 12:55:36 PM »
Hilarious! I loved the campaign speech!

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #504 on: January 23, 2011, 05:55:55 PM »
Metro's so frisky! And your sense of humor, as I'm learning, is spot on!!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #505 on: January 23, 2011, 10:56:17 PM »
How would I describe your sense of humor? Um, hilarious is one word that comes to mind, along with funny, and of course you have the ability to make me spit pop all over my monitor! Anyways, awesome update and I love your campaign pitch! Can you come ever and take out my trash for me?  ;D ;D

SimmerAtHeart96

« Reply #506 on: January 24, 2011, 01:28:35 AM »
 :D :D
I've been reading this over the last week and I finally got to the end today. Yay, now I can say how awesome the Man dynasty is!
There's so many 'Laugh-Out-Loud' moments that I've lost count! Hilarious!
Congrats on getting to Gen. 8, Metro, and congratulations on your own Mini Me! I should have seen that coming  ;)

I'm waiting impatiently for the next update!

-Elice-

Offline Isys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #507 on: January 25, 2011, 05:39:29 PM »
OMG, four days later and I finally finished and am caught up! You had me rolling I swear some parts were just too funny, Crazy is my favorate can anyone be so random. This was a well layed out dynasty now I know for sure there is no way I would have the patients for this.
Attraversiamo

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #508 on: January 25, 2011, 05:51:20 PM »
Vote for Metro now!  Can the trash talk and hire the trash Man!  Good job, Metro.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #509 on: January 25, 2011, 07:39:26 PM »
Metro’s Shocking Story Falls on Pixelated Ears

I’m not much of a reader. Never have been. So, the image of me reading a book at a library is kind of laughable. Well, I'll browse some some types of books, but stuff like cookbooks, self-help books, and something with lots of pictures and not many words — i.e. the Big Book of Trucks and Planes, or The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs, etc. But, a long novel? No way — it’s too painful because I’m a very slow reader. But, I took one for the team and headed to the library to learn the Charisma skill...

(From the Introduction...) “Hi, my name is Happy Go Lucky. And I’m going to teach you my 5-step Rush Week  course on Charisma and becoming friends with everyone. Let me ask you this, friend...are you sitting alone in a library right now? Are you wearing an orange shirt that would be better suited for Soul Train? Well, your luck is about to change because Happy just came to town and I want you to be my friend!”

High school classmate Angelique Faulk came home with me after school one day. See the simolean sign in the photo below? Yeah, she’s a Mooch. We walk in the door from just getting off the bus and she autonomously hits me up for money.

Metro: “Are you kidding me? Are you for real? Angelique, we’ve known each other 1 day and you step into my house and ask me for money? Well...of course I’ll give you money! Whatever it takes for me to move me closer  to your lips. Here’s our entire 9.5 million in cash. Pucker up.”

After I became Good Friends with Angelique I asked some simple Romantic Socials.

Metro: “What’s your sign?”
Angelique: “Sagittarius — a modern variation of the Greek word, Moochopolis.”

It was time to Confess Attraction. I was staring at the message that Angelique was finding me very alluring and I could not have agreed more. This is it Man fans, the moment when I fell in love for the first and told a girl how I really felt about her...

Metro: “Angelique, (gulp) I have a confession to make. I...uhhh...”
Angelique: “Metro, it’s okay. I have a confession to make as well.”
Metro: “What a relief! I honestly didn’t know if you wanted to hear the sins I’ve made since my last confession. Let me hear yours first!”
Angelique: “What the...?”

The big moment came. And folks, the following dialogue is not made up...Scouts honor here. My very first kiss at 16 years of age went something like this:

Metro: “Oops. You’ve got something right on the corner of your mouth.”
Angelique: (embarrassed) “I do? Did I get it off?”
Metro: “Not quite. Here, let me help. Mmmwwwaaa.” (Breaks sound barrier with speed of kiss)

Yep, the old fake out routine. That really made her giggle. And nothing is more sexy to a teenage boy than a teenage girl who thinks he’s funny. As far as I was concerned, the fact that she was human and had a pulse was just icing on the cake. Angelique then wrapped her arms around me and gave me a “for real” kiss instead of the sonic boom micro-peck I gave her. To this day I still get creative with the fake out routine with my beautiful wife of 20 years—‘cause it always makes her smile.

The next screenshot honestly has no connection to anything — not that logical flow has any place in the Man Dynasty anyway — but, I burst out laughing when I zoomed in at Recipe after pausing the action for a second. The hand gestures is what’s priceless. And the “deer in the headlights” stare. Have you ever been so tired that you dozed off right where you were sitting and then snapped back to consiciousness? That’s exactly what looks like happened with Recipe. Parents, you know that reflex newborns do when they shoot their arms out to the sides as if they’re falling? Lol. Same deal.

Well, on the requirements front the big news is that EeyoreWrite is a wrap for Ambrosia except for needing to turn Elder and have her Elder portrait done. And speaking of requirements, I opened up Metro’s Charisma Skill Journal after he pushed the skill level to 3 in the library. He already has the Celebrity Challenge completed (25 acquaintances) and he’s nearly done with the Personable Challenge (know 50 traits). So, after a couple more days of rigorous class clowning in high school it was time for a full weekend of Charisma building at Central Park.

Metro: “Dad! How are you doing? It’s so great to see you. What have you been up to?”
Derik: “Not much, son. Honestly, I’ve just been hanging around the park waiting for this screenshot.”

I never did make the honor roll in high school. So, when Mini Metro did needless to say I was quite excited. My excitement reverberated and caused him to be even more excited. It was just a big ball of excitement for everyone involved...

Metro (beyond excited): “I made it on the honor roll!”
Creepy Driver: “I thought I told you a couple weeks ago to be QUIET!”

It’s bright and early Saturday morning and who shows up at Central Park without even me calling her? Angelique, my sweetie. I can’t think of a better way to kick off a productive weekend than with a big smootchie 8:30 AM kiss with my girl.

Metro: “Hey, Mr. random park user, are you taking notes and seeing what’s going on here? I’m building Charisma.”

After that skillful lip lock I finally got the Leader of the Free World Lifetime Wish to fire. No, I’m not making that up. Angelique and I discovered the meaning of “first base” and that LTW fired on me. Hilarious. So, who’s going to be first to throw out a cheap Bill Clinton joke?

Before the weekend Charisma building came to an end, I was overcome with a feeling...a feeling to clean something and start vacuuming the park. What is it with Sims 3 maids? Every one of them is a cookie-cutter Barbie doll wearing a skimpy French maid outfit. It’s stereotypical, and frankly, it just...I don’t know...it just works. I find all of them quite attractive. I find it offensive that the entire town was not made to wear the same outfit simply for consistency. Beau Andrews are you listening to me?

What’s the best thing about having 7 other Sims in the household when you’re trying to max Charisma? There’s never a shortage of bodies for a myriad of social interactions. Below, Metro ropes Recipe and Crazy into listening to some pretty heavy duty stuff...

Metro: “Here’s an interesting story. Once upon a time a guy named Metro created this Dynasty and it started with Recipe Man. See, you guys are not real. I’m not real. None of this is real. What is real is this other Metro. He's pulling the strings. No! Stop! Don’t look at him! Just look at me. Eyes on me at all times. He’s watching us right now. I’m sort of supposed to be him...and yet I’m not. Understand?”
Recipe: “Well...who’s ready for lunch?”

------------

The Recipe File: Closed
Queen Bee’s Honey Do List: Closed
Girly’s Check Out Self Checklist: Closed
Crazy’s Crazy Eight Requirements: Closed
The Sporting News: Closed
Sound's Musical Score: Closed
Writer’s Block (of info): Closed Except Elder Portrait
Metro’s Self Indulgences:

Lifetime Wish: Leader of the Free World
Unique Career Maxed: Political