Author Topic: 10/1/2014 Sims 4 - Patch Notes  (Read 3464 times)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
    • Justproud
Re: 10/1/2014 Sims 4 - Patch Notes
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 05:40:38 PM »
Drat!  The grafting bug is still there so that means if you have to graft to get a death flower there is basically no death flower yet.  There goes my dream of trying a dynasty. (for the moment)

I asked Simgurudaniel about the grafting bug on twitter today. He said it was supposed to be fixed he said if it wasn't to let him know. I would suggest to possible clear out your cache files and see if the bugs still there. I watched them do it on the livestream so I know it worked when they did it.

Offline zudeka

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 06:09:49 PM »
Intergalactic Pod

FYI - after the patch, the only thing I can do is collect microscopic sample (which was greyed out before). Now water, weed, harvest, and harvest all are all greyed out. 

Anybody else have this?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 06:22:53 PM »
I'm happy to say that if you've kept the urn of a deceased Sim, you can have their Ghost on your lot already with the patch! I'm glad I kept it, as i may get to do a guide to ghosts soon! :)

Unfortunately this didnt work for me in one of my games. I hope no one else is having the same problems.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 06:25:19 PM »
Unfortunately this didnt work for me in one of my games. I hope no one else is having the same problems.

Good relationship between the one who is asking, and the ghost is required. The option to invite is under friendly interactions

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »
Has anyone managed to get grafting to work? I tried it in my game but didn't get to try clearing the cache or starting a new.game yet.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2014, 01:03:51 AM »
I'm at work so I can't check in game but SimsVIP have released a post saying it's all fixed and with the combo needed for death flower.

http://simsvip.com/2014/10/01/the-sims-4-grafting-update-plant-combos/

Not sure if that helps....
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2014, 01:22:04 AM »
Good relationship between the one who is asking, and the ghost is required. The option to invite is under friendly interactions

I didn't mean that the invite into household wasn't working, I meant that in one of my game files an old tombstone that still has a spirit attached (the option to release to netherworld is still there) have yet to show the ghost. Also, that person does not show up as deceased in the friendship panel - other sims who died but weren't in the household show up however. I think some tombstones/urns created before the patch could be bugged.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2014, 08:32:40 AM »
Grafting is working. For some reason, it didn't when I first loaded. It may have to do with them not fixing every order, as I went for the first I saw (take cutting from sage, graft to basil - still doesn't work). Other combos work just fine, and in either order.. so I just happened to pick the one thing that's evidently still broken :P But you can get parsley easily, and doing from basil to sage works fine. Got Death Flowers blooming for the plant list :)

Offline natashaspy

• Nooboo
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2014, 11:33:34 PM »
@JustHappy2B: Have you ever considered a career as a writer? You are not only very clear and concise but very, very funny. I rarely find those qualities together.

Carl: grafting going well but need to look in your guide again to find deathflower. Do they work in The Sims 4 because they never worked for me in The Sims 3. I was always glad I had a saved game because with several deathflowers in inventory my sim would still always die. I even tried having the spouse give one of theirs and there was no response, just death.

You need to try some of TwistedMexicans mods. They are great!

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
    • Justproud
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2014, 11:53:27 PM »
@JustHappy2B: Have you ever considered a career as a writer? You are not only very clear and concise but very, very funny. I rarely find those qualities together.

Thanks... This was just a copy/paste of the official patch notes so the humor in it is that of our lovely Sim Developers :) (I Believe Sim Guru Lauren if I'm not mistaken)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2014, 06:09:34 AM »
It was very amusing - I think they may have slightly overdone the puns on the electrocution bug though... only slightly though.