Author Topic: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes  (Read 365604 times)

Offline simone23

• Townie
Re: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2010, 09:27:55 PM »
If you are selling stuff, such as fruits, vegetables and fish, to the supermarket instead of just through your inventory, I remember reading somewhere that you get 10% more for it than just selling it in the inventory (haven't confirmed it myself, but if anyone wants to, be my guest). Thus, I think this is actually a valid question. There would obviously be a reason why the developers included the possibility of travelling to France and sell it, so it would be illogical to dismiss that possibility before someone has actually tested it.

You absolutely get a better price on the fruits vegetables and fish by selling them at the store - I've confirmed that.  I also got a 10% premium at the Nectary for selling wine I made myself there, but no bonus for selling wine I found in the game at the Nectary over selling it in my inventory.  At about 1.5K simoleons base price per bottle when I'm ready to sell it and a cellar full of racks of aging nectar, that 10% premium really adds up.

I agree, I wouldn't make a trip just to sell wine because it's a pain in the butt, but now that I've got a comfortable vacation house there and a certificate of partnership, the premium on selling the wine at the Nectary pretty much pays for the trip for my whole family (and then there's the payoff for opportunities while there, all the titanium to pick up, all the books I can write off the aging clock...) my last trip I bought land, built a house, bought a car, and made about 20K simoleons on the trip.

Offline Eftyen

• Townie
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2010, 11:09:25 PM »
Speaking of vacation homes - if you have a nectar cellar in your French chateau, will the nectar age while your sim is back at the daily grind in Sunset Valley or Riverview?  Or does time stop there (in France) when you're not traveling, the same way time stops in RV or SV when you travel?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2010, 11:11:20 PM »
I haven't done nectar cellars, but I've had a garden in China.  Time stops while you're gone, unless they've changed it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2010, 11:13:21 PM »
Speaking of vacation homes - if you have a nectar cellar in your French chateau, will the nectar age while your sim is back at the daily grind in Sunset Valley or Riverview?  Or does time stop there (in France) when you're not traveling, the same way time stops in RV or SV when you travel?

I think this has come up before and it seems that time also stands still when you leave your vacation. The big giveaway for me that that was the case is leaving the China base camp right after my Sim finished a meal. The plate of food was left on the table. He goes back to China 3 weeks later and the plate is in the same spot and had not spoiled.

Offline Eftyen

• Townie
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2010, 10:38:56 PM »
That's hilarious, Metro!  Reminds me of the honey they found in Egyptian tombs that was supposedly still edible after millennia...

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2010, 04:39:32 AM »

I've tried this before. Time stops in WA areas when you're back SV. My nectar didn't super-age when I came back after a long vacation gap.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2010, 06:55:50 AM »
Funny how the nectar does not age, but the sims do. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2010, 09:46:53 AM »
Then you can say the same thing about Sims that do not age in vacation.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2010, 04:36:35 PM »
Let's get back on topic, please.  This thread is for sharing nectar recipes.  Thanks!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline simone23

• Townie
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2010, 03:12:49 PM »
I haven't done nectar cellars, but I've had a garden in China.  Time stops while you're gone, unless they've changed it.

Thanks - that's very good to know.  I stocked a wine rack in my vacation home, next time I'll be sure to clear it out into inventory before my vacation is over.

themonkey

« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2010, 12:22:50 PM »
I found an amazing recipe: 4 apple 6 cherimola blan grapes

Leto85

« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2010, 06:42:32 PM »
No matter how expansive or exclusive the nectar is, your sim will always drink it in a cup. That just looks to cheap for the most extraordinary godly lifefruit flamefruit nectar, if you ask me.
Never noticed members? I wonder what happens to the fancy 'glass of wine', where wine would be nectar of course, but you know what I mean.

Btw, if you love your sims, let them drink this: 70% lifefruit, 30% flamefruit. Alcohol free, I've tested it. :P

themonkey

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2010, 05:05:51 AM »
I found a great recepe: 8 apple 2 avornalino

kerby414

« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2010, 09:57:30 AM »
I found an Amazing recipe --- apologies if this has been posted before.

1 each of the six types of special grapes, 1 pomegranate, 1 cherry, 1 life fruit and 1 flame fruit.

Offline Eftyen

• Townie
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2010, 09:23:53 PM »
@kirby:  Wow!  That recipe should get an extra boost to the Complexity moodlet!

anything