Author Topic: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes  (Read 220013 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2012, 05:21:31 AM »
You need to combine them with at least one other fruit. You get better nectar from combinations.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2012, 02:31:35 PM »
My efforts to create nectar from bananas were pretty horrifying too.  I can't remember what mixture I tried and that game file got corrupted, so I can't check.  I wonder if anyone has found a good recipe that includes bananas?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2012, 07:06:56 PM »
Not yet, but I have generation 7 in my Immortal Dynasty who will be a vintner. If I can remember, I'll write down my recipes and results.

*puts a sticky note on her monitor*

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2012, 09:02:19 PM »
Not yet, but I have generation 7 in my Immortal Dynasty who will be a vintner. If I can remember, I'll write down my recipes and results.

*puts a sticky note on her monitor*

Looking forward to hearing your results, Shirin.  Banana-loving Sims everywhere are agog with anticipation!  :D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2012, 09:18:31 PM »
 ;D

I think I have something like 400 bananas stored in the chest (pretty much saving every fruit of Great quality or better).

Maybe I should start culling. :P

Scream26

« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2012, 09:20:28 PM »
If I can get some life fruit in my garden, I'll start experimenting with them and bananas, then, since a combo equates to better nectar.  I'll post my results, as well.  Like Shirin, I think I have a stash of 200 or so perfect quality bananas from my gardener Sim. Haha.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2012, 06:17:45 AM »
I did a whole bunch of testing a while back, and shared my results in this thread, but that was even before I got NL. I used a combination/permatation calculator online to work list all the different combinations there could be to try - though I did that only for the different varieties of grapes - in the interests of focusing on completing the skill challenges. You could do something like that. You'd be there a while for all the different combos for all the fruits though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2012, 01:29:22 PM »
Sadly, I actually spent about 4 hours last night making up a spreadsheet to figure all of the combinations of two fruits.

Was going to start working on the three/four/five fruits this weekend.

All in the name of testing for when Gen7 is able to make this stuff.

But it might be on hold a bit, got word this morning my boyfriend got the job offer out here, so I have 2 weeks to get the house in shape.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »
But it might be on hold a bit, got word this morning my boyfriend got the job offer out here, so I have 2 weeks to get the house in shape.

Yeah, sometimes real life happens!  But we'll still be here when you're ready to get back to us with the results of your tests.  I'm hoping you and Scream will discover some amazing banana nectar recipes.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2012, 04:30:00 AM »
So I have a confession.

I made a copy of my Dynasty, because I remembered Gen2 was level 1 in Nectar Making or something, from a couple of opps in France. So in this copy, I kicked out everyone except her and the founder, who is the gardener. Razed the house. Expanded the garden. Enabled static needs.

Planted 22 of each plant, because I decided to try this out with perfect fruits only.

After getting quite a bit done, I started to get irritated. Why hadn't I picked up any bananas yet from the trees? I'm sure they don't take THAT long to reach maturity. And if nothing else, I wanted to report back on some banana recipes for Schipperke.

Then it hit me. Bananas were the one thing I had forgotten to plant.

I'm going to try and get some of the bananas done this week before Friday, and start the house cleaning then.

(I promise bananas are now planted!)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »
So I have a confession.

After getting quite a bit done, I started to get irritated. Why hadn't I picked up any bananas yet from the trees? I'm sure they don't take THAT long to reach maturity. And if nothing else, I wanted to report back on some banana recipes for Schipperke.

Then it hit me. Bananas were the one thing I had forgotten to plant.

I'm going to try and get some of the bananas done this week before Friday, and start the house cleaning then.

(I promise bananas are now planted!)

Hahaha!  Good one, Shirin!   ;D

And I'm really glad I'm not the only one who does things like that from time to time.  Thanks for sharing that!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2012, 12:18:32 PM »
I was even mousing over the various tree groves to see how the bananas were doing.

I don't believe I've ever smacked my forehead that hard once I realised it. :o

Chuckles_82

« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2012, 07:56:12 PM »
I was sorting out my bookmarks and found that I had kept the site for the combinations calculator. It is here

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2012, 09:07:23 PM »
So for 17 different fruits (from base to Showtime), with order unimportant and repetition allowed...

There are 5,311,735 different nectar combinations?

I do not think I can survive trying to actually make every single combination. :(

Chuckles_82

« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2012, 12:47:35 AM »
If you only want the Banana recipes, get the list and then only select the ones with banans in them. There's bound to be a whole lot less with just bananas - though I'll bet it's still a looong list!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2012, 02:54:20 PM »
Oh, it would be!

I'm starting small, with just 2 fruits. So for example:
Banana x10
Banana x9, Apple x1
Banana x8, Apple x2
Banana x7, Apple x3

All the way to Banana x1, Apple x9

Then repeat with the other fruits. That, alone, is awful.

(Also, so far I've had Banana x10 Perfect = Horrifying quality worth $0)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2012, 05:50:57 PM »
That's How I did it with just grapes to start with. Then I moved onto 3 combos, and then 4 and so forth. Those are even longer. I had pages and pages of written combos, until I found the calculator, punched out all the combos, and pasted them in a word document and printed them out. Much better!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »
Ooo, good idea.

17 different fruits, that'd be a whole lotta reams of paper. ;D

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2012, 02:18:59 AM »
Buzzler at MTS has a mod called Nectar Combinatorics that automates this for you. That is, if you use mods. Might be easier than doing this manually...

Offline razzle

• NPC
« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »
I was looking for banana recipes online but couldn't find any so I did some testing. Here are some recipes that came out of my testing... thought I might as well register and share:

Amazing:
40% Pomelo, 40% Banana, 20% Life Fruit

Great:
40% Banana, 30% Life Fruit, 30% Pomelo
70% Cherries, 30% Banana
70% Flame Fruit, 30% Banana
60% Flame Fruit, 40% Banana

Pretty Good:
40% Life, 40% Banana, 20% Pomelo
50% Cherries, 30% Banana, 20% Apple
60% Life Fruit, 20% Pomelo, 20% Banana

Bananas don't seem to work so well with grapes... but then I haven't tested all possible grape and banana combination. Hope I typed them all in correct.

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Immortal
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #195 on: August 07, 2012, 10:13:46 AM »
Well... Technically speaking if they made order of ingredients count, we'd be faced with 2'015'993'900'449 recipes...
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Immortal
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #196 on: August 07, 2012, 10:33:39 AM »
And my predict combo effectiveness option is about as useful as a spoon is at cutting tough steak. Completely wrong, every single time.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline hmsdrco2001

• NPC
« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2012, 12:34:29 AM »
I've been trying to discover Amazing nectar recipes with bananas. Working through 3-fruit combinations right now. Here is what I have so far for Amazing nectar combinations (one is listed above in this thread):

Banana 30%, Cherry 60%, Flame 10%
Banana 10%, Cherry 20%, Pomegranate 70%
Banana 60%, Cherry 10%, Pomelo 30%
Banana 40%, Cherry 50%, Pomelo 10%
Banana 40%, Cherry 20%, Pomelo 40%
Banana 10%, Cherry 40%, Lime 50%
Banana 30%, Life 60%, Flame 10%
Banana 40%, Life 50%, Pomegranate 10%
Banana 40%, Life 20%, Pomelo 40%
Banana 30%, Life 50%, Pomelo 20%
Banana 20%, Life 10%, Watermelon 70%
Banana 70%, Life 10%, Cranerlet Nuala 20%
Banana 60%, Life 20%, Cranerlet Nuala 20%
Banana 50%, Life 10%, Cranerlet Nuala 40%
Banana 30%, Life 40%, Meloire 30%
Banana 30%, Life 40%, Cherimola Blan 30%
Banana 20%, Life 20%, Cherimola Blan 60%
Banana 10%, Life 60%, Grapes 30%
Banana 20%, Life 30%, Apple 50%
Banana 10%, Life 20%, Apple 70%
Banana 20%, Flame 50%, Pomegranate 30%
Banana 40%, Flame 20%, Pomelo 40%
Banana 50%, Flame 10%, Watermelon 40%

I appreciate the many other recipes in this thread. I will share others as I discover them.

Take care,
Bill

Chuckles_82

« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2012, 07:46:29 AM »
I'm back to the testing board, and working on some more amazing recipes - this time ones that are available without WA fruits. There are over 19k combinations, but I'm focusing on ones that include grapes. That narrows it down to over 11k. I might just do a few a day. I'll post them here as I get them. Sorry if I double up on any already here, but it'll be a bit hard to eliminate them from my massive, massive list.

Here's the first amazing combination:

8 grapes, 1 Lifefruit, 1 Lime

Offline sdhoey

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2012, 08:02:17 AM »
Ok after reading this. You guys have my curiosity peaked. I now want to make a file with only 2 sims, 1 for gardening and 1 for nectar maker, and give this a go. Not that I already have alot on my plate with my Dynasty..  :o