Author Topic: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes  (Read 363333 times)

Leto85

Re: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2010, 02:53:18 AM »
@kirby:  Wow!  That recipe should get an extra boost to the Complexity moodlet!

It should indeed, but according to the information we have on making nectar, there isn't any thing like a complexity moodlet, sadly.

kerby414

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2010, 11:16:59 AM »
more recipes - again, if someone has already found these, I apologize.

Amazing:
4 Renoit,  3 Cherimola and 3 Avornalino

2 life fruit and 2 pomegranates, 1 Cranerlet, 1 Gralladina, 1 Meloire, 1 Avornalino, 1 Cherimola and 1
Renoit

and this one said it was Great:
4 Gralladina, 3 Cranerlet and 3 Meloire

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dannyr783

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2010, 10:55:06 PM »
It should indeed, but according to the information we have on making nectar, there isn't any thing like a complexity moodlet, sadly.

I think he means the +5 to +25 "commanding complexity" moodlet you get for 8 hours after drinking. Sadly, that caps at 25 which you can easily hit with a $150 bottle of nectar with a decent recipe.

[Edited to correct quote. You're cutting off the opening quote code when you edit the quote information. Please click on Preview before posting to make sure it looks the way you want.  -Pam]

Choiseul7

« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2010, 10:50:26 PM »
Hello,
Here are some of my "Amazing" recipes (all of these recipes are simply from sheer luck):

- 2 (of each) Gralladina Fran, Avornalino, Cranerlet Nuala, and regular Grapes
      - Flame Fruit
   (I call this Vin de Chateau de Bourbon)

another one:
      - 4 Grallandina Fran
      - 3 Apple
      - 3 Pomelo

another one:
      - 6 Grallandina
      - 4 Life Fruit
  (I call this Vin de Fontainebleu)

another one:
      - 6 Meloire Grapes
      - 4 Cherries
  (I call this Vin de Chateauroux)

Have a few "Great" recipes

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2010, 04:27:57 AM »
I love

-3 cherries
-2 normal grapes
-5 Gralladina Fran
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2010, 05:54:18 AM »
It would be helpful if some of these could be added to the guide. I'd always appreciate recipes that don't rely on life fruits.

Jazinga

« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »
Hey all!  Great forum, great guides!!  Thanks for all the help.

I am tracking my Nectar results.  Right now, neither of my Nectar-making Sims has more than the initial mastery of the Skill so they are only making four bottles each.  The machine is upgraded for "Extended Nectaration", however.

What I am trying to find is an Amazing blend that maximizes my investment of time.  The opportunity cost of growing the Fruit is almost a separate discussion, but once the Fruit is harvested and waiting in my Sims's fridge, I want to make the most from the least.

So, what I am trying to assess is the value of individual bottles with regards to the cost of the fruit that goes into making it.  I start with the day one cost, as it comes out, no aging at all.  I have factored that value against the total cost of the fruit that made it.  Obviously, the next to stages to that valuation are factors that my Sims cannot yet apply, but I do want to be ready when they have "Flavorful Feet" and have made a sufficient number of bottles to make "Extended Nectaration" yield five bottles per batch.

To date, my Sims have made seventeen Amazing recipes.  At four bottles the valuation multiplier swings from 1.68 all the way to 2.82.  The best multiplier though is for a batch that yields only a 248 value bottle.  The cost of the fruit is 352; 1 x Cranerlet + 5 x Gralladina + 4 x Plum.  The downside is that this will not "age" well in terms of value added, with the initial bottle price so low.  The highest bottle price I have seen to date is 335; 2 x Life Fruit + 2 x Cranerlet + 2 x Gralladina + 2 x Pomelo + 2 x Cherry = 600 cost of fruit.  (Note: Cost of Fruit is figured at Inventory, not at the store, which changes the math by a good bit...)

My question is:  Am I on the right track?  Should I look at bottle cost with aging, which means upgrading the machine differently and making the Nectar differently, or should I focus on "production costs"?  The trick is juggling the production abilities of my Sims against the value of the Nectar they can make.  After all, they can walk right out of the garden and into the basement and "make" more than a trip to the grocery to sell, even if I sell the nectar as I take it.  I have looked a Carl's table but I still can't factor that against what I am seeing; eg, where the cutoff is.

Again, a big thanks to everyone!  All of the "Amazing" blends made so far are from recipes found at the guide or on these very forums.  I still have a good number yet to make!

(And I apologize if I posted in the wrong forum.  It may well be that this question/observation is better suited for an answer elsewhere.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2010, 06:19:47 PM »
It would be helpful if some of these could be added to the guide. I'd always appreciate recipes that don't rely on life fruits.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try to get them added to the Guide.  Time is becoming an issue with it being a holiday weekend in the U.S. and Ambitions coming out next week.  We'll be scrambling around frantically soon!  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2010, 06:21:18 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Jazinga!  You posted in the right place and I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can post an intelligent response for you.  That might be something up Metro's alley and he's out of town this weekend, so it might be a couple of days.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2010, 06:42:57 PM »
Efyten is normally good at this stuff I think!  ;)

Welcome to the Forum, by the way!   :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Jazinga

« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2010, 12:35:20 AM »
Something *interesting* happened after one of my Sims finally got "Flavorful Feet".  A recipe that had previously been "...amazing" is now "...not very good."  The quality went up from Excellent to Perfect, even though the fruit were all perfect in each making.  The recipe in question is:

7 x Plum
3 x Cranerlet

After the second batch was of lesser quality than the first, I repeated the making with the same results.

Has anyone else seen this happen?  I am about 30 bottles from getting the next challenge completed and I really don't want to go back through the list...

SimTuhh

« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2010, 05:34:47 PM »
You can have any combination you want, be it 10 fruits or just one. In fact, the best nectar ever made by Nectaux consisted of only one fruit: Cherries. I picked this up after fully completing the nectary challenges, it was worth just over $6,000 at over 6,000 years old, now it is worth $10,777, sitting in my basement on a 'The Nectaux' rack.

I have a few combinations, though I'm still experimenting, these were all initially worth between $250 and $300:
(upgrade used: flavour enhancement, process: extended nectaration)
*4 avornalino grapes, 4 cherimola blan grapes, 3 renoit grapes.
*4 flame fruit, 3 life fruit, 3 plum.
*5 avornalino grapes, 3 life fruit, 3 cherries.
*3 meloire grapes, 4 cherimola grapes, 2 renoit grapes.
*1 life fruit, 1 flame fruit, 2 cherries, 3 cranerlet nuala grapes, 3 gralladina fran grapes.

One last point, one of the tips at the startup told me that nectar ages and improves in the deepest depths of the basement. Would it be correct to assume that the deeper your basement is, the more the nectar stored there will improve?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2010, 05:41:46 PM »
No, I've tested this and there is no difference between nectar aged 1 level down and some aged 4 levels down.
Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Maritah

« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2010, 11:19:43 PM »
*4 avornalino grapes, 4 cherimola blan grapes, 3 renoit grapes.
*5 avornalino grapes, 3 life fruit, 3 cherries.

These two recipes both use 11 fruit.  I've never been able to get more than 10 fruit into the nectar-maker.  How did you manage to put 11 fruit into it?

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2010, 07:24:31 PM »
Sadly, after putting tons and tons of time into growing huge crops of perfect grapes of all the varieties, building and decorating basements, and buying equipment, I gave up on my nectar-making sim once I realized that the Mix Master skill challenge wouldn't stick if I traveled. How bugged are the other nectar-making challenges? This sim is also my primary travel sim.

I pulled up the crops and put the grapes into a chest. Will they remain perfect forever when stored there?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin