Author Topic: Snow - a Sims 3 retelling of Snow White  (Read 8290 times)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Snow - a Sims 3 retelling of Snow White
« on: October 17, 2014, 11:37:23 PM »
I wrote this story ages ago when I was still playing Sims 3.  I am now happily enjoying Sims 4 but have not written any stories for them yet.   ;D

I tried a different approach this time.  I tried to get a semi dream like narrative mixed in with some reflection.  I hope you enjoy it.

Asleep

I dream. I believe it is dreaming and not death as the brothers peer in on me, tenderly arranging a curl or laying yet another jewel on my pillow. I have no use for jewels, my dear friends, no matter how clever their shaping converts the light to fiery brilliance.

My mind soars into the clouds and skims across the land, catching stray thoughts and feelings, experiencing the warm summer breeze through a casual brush with a milkmaid, or the pain of a stubbed toe of a child at play, but it is a poor imitation of life.

Do I age? I feel as though I do. The brothers have aged. I can see the deepening lines around their eyes and the grey hairs in their beards. How can I grow with no sustenance? A mystery to take its place with many more unanswered questions.

The brothers whisper in soft tones when they are near me. In the early days they would wail and wring their hands but now they are accepting, though sad. They blame themselves. I catch their shame and contrition.

'Folly.' I cry at them but their minds are deaf to me. I would tell them, if I could, that bad decisions run in my family.

'I needed a young wife to give me sons.' My father's thoughts drift across the abyss.

'You chose badly then. She had only a daughter. Did you not know? Perhaps she is not your's.'

'Such malice does not become you, my Isolde.
'

My questing mind meanders back through the years to my birth.

I recognize my mother, exhausted and bleeding, disappointed that her efforts but produced a girl and then not caring because she was dying. My father, disconsolate, seeking some comfort in the arms of his mistresses.

'I am sorry, my daughter.' His thoughts reach me again.

'Apologize to my mother.' I think back, 'And apologize for Morganna while you are at it.'

But he is gone. I do not blame him. There are not words enough that could excuse him for Morganna.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Re: Snow - a Sims 3 retelling of Snow White
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 05:35:25 PM »
'Why her?' I had asked.

It was my fourteenth birthday and my father had surprised me with his plans to take a new wife.

'A man gets lonely.'

His voice was soft, conciliatory, but I knew his decision was final.

I had many protests which I could not voice. Even a pampered daughter must hold her tongue when it came to mistresses and his many dalliances or potential wives.

'He has spoilt her,' I heard them talk.

'She does not want to share her father with another.'

I was a sneak, of course. I knew how to tiptoe soundlessly in corridors and listen at doors, hiding in the shadows when a servant approached.

A daughter of the nobility learns early in her life that her protection lies in knowledge, hearing secrets whispered in dark corners, observing alliances formed in closed rooms or assignations in the early hours when most of the palace slept. She has no true friends. Even a beloved and doting father is no shield when he is bedazzled by a scheming woman. I saw the evil behind her smile. I trusted not her kisses nor the words of honey that dripped from those scarlet lips. I saw her for what she was and she knew that and hated me further.

'Jealousy on your part or true evil?'

Not my father. Another voice. I have brushed against this one before as my mind skims the meadows.

'Who are you?'

I send out a thought but he has withdrawn.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 07:43:22 PM »
Hello,

Just read your Cinderella story. I like the different writing styles you use  :)
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »
Hi Brooke.  Thank you.  I like to try something different now and then.   ;D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 08:17:18 PM »
Morganna wasted no time in manipulating my father. He could not see it. He got cross with me if I protested for he had her voice in his ear as well. She told him I was head-strong, undisciplined. Her methods were subtle and sly. They were like water dripping on a stone and eventually wearing a hollow.

'You could exasperate. The fault was not always with her.' My father sounds petulant. Even in death he defends the witch.

A Memory

I awoke to the jingle of harness and the puffing and stamping of horses. Low voices drifted up to my window and the grey light of dawn had softened the shadows. I leapt from my bed. Too late. I cursed my maid, Dorcas, who I had charged with waking me in time.

Was Dorcas now a creature of Morganna? I mulled it over but could see no design in it. More likely, Dorcas did not care enough about my scoldings to heave her own lazy body out of bed.

The servants have no fear of me.

My father was saying his last farewells, his breath a puff of white in the morning chill. I could not dash down there in my nightclothes nor could I call out. My father would be disappointed at my lack of manners and I did not want to give Morganna more reason to chide me. I saw him kissing Morganna, chastely, in front of the servants, before mounting his horse.

She had kept him busy last night. She was desperate for a son.

I had wished my father farewell the night before but our meeting was strained as ever they were these days. I wanted to put it right before he left. He was off to fight alongside the king.

A small skirmish, he said. He would be back before my wedding for I was sixteen now and soon to wed my betrothed, Phillip of Wintersong.

'Phillip the fat?  He was to be your husband?'

I knew nothing of Phillip but it bothered me not at all. I would escape Morganna and, as long as I delivered my lord an heir and a spare, I would most likely have been free to do what I pleased. The Wintersongs were not known for their kindnesses but they treated their wives well.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 06:47:55 AM »
I get the feeling her father doesn't return from the fight  :(

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 06:59:34 PM »
Yes, the fate of fairy tale fathers is never a good one.  ;D

I avoided Morganna as much as I could in the days and months that followed my father's departure. I wandered the gardens

or hid in my room.

As time passed, Morganna grew big with child though whether it was my father's or the get of one of her many lovers, who could say.

She no longer pretended any sort of affection for me. It was a relief that at last we could drop the charade.

'Ah the fairy-tale wicked step-mother.'

'Indeed.'

The news was bad.

The King had returned, defeated, chastened and perhaps wiser for his folly.

My father was dead. I sobbed piteously. I was alone now and at the mercy of his wife. My one escape, my marriage to Phillip had been postponed.  It was just and right that we should mourn my father with all decency but I suspect that the uncertainty of my dowry must have weighed heavily on Phillip's advisor's minds.  Should she deliver a son, he would be named heir and Morganna would rule until he came of age.  There was no obligation on her part to honour any of my father's promises.

I was certain she would have a boy. She had taken to concocting potions for herself.

She sent her maid servants out at dawn to collect specific herbs and she brewed them, allowing no other person to touch the implements.

However, even a mind that brooks no argument means nought to Mother Nature and so it was that in time Morganna was delivered of a girl.

She was beside herself with fury.

Unfortunately for her, the birth was witnessed - so confident was she in carrying a son – and that ruled out switching the child.

I rejoiced for I was still the heir. I would rule instead of Morganna or her child. I just had to wait a few more years until I came of age and then I could toss her and her sorry daughter out of my home and my life.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 04:02:30 AM »
Really glad the baby was a girl but don't hate on her yet, she might be a good sibling unlike her wicked mother  ;)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 07:06:57 PM »
You never know.  ;)

A Ride to Nowhere

A ride, like any other ride. My usual companion was indisposed so that day I was accompanied by Ivan, who, unlike my father, had returned from the war.

He was dark and silent but rode well and fast.

I had trouble keeping up with him but I was eager for the challenge so spurred my mount ever on. I can smell the field flowers even now as they released their perfume beneath the drumming hooves of my mare.

Eventually we stopped for a rest. He helped me from my horse and then, it seemed, the devil took him. He grabbed at my neck and a wicked glint of silver flashed in his other hand.

'Please, no.' I begged.

I twisted in his grip, desperate to be free, yet thinking I was doomed.

'Lord forgive me but I cannot do it.' His voice was barely audible and he sank to the ground, his head in his hands.

'I cannot harm his daughter.'

He wept now. It was surreal. Unthinking, I moved to comfort him but better sense made me quickly withdraw my hand.

Go.' He looked at me then, eyes blazing and I felt the fear in him.

'Run. Do not look back. Do not return to your home for she has ordered your death. I was to cut your throat...go, foolish girl, before I change my mind.'

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 05:21:59 AM »
I'm bursting to know what your version of the dwarves will be. The huntsman is hot  ;D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 07:18:28 PM »
Lol, he is too.  Dwarves coming up soon. ;D

Into the Forest

So I ran into the forest.

I ran and ran, oblivious of the tree branches clutching at my clothes or the hard stony ground tearing through my slippers.

Exhausted, I collapsed onto the earth.

Far kinder, I thought, had he cut my throat for I would surely die here of starvation or thirst or serve as the next meal of some hungry forest creature.

Shivering with fear and cold, I burrowed into the leaves.

Somehow, despite the cold and my fear, I dozed off into a fitful sleep only to be woken by the tread of heavy feet. My first dread was Ivan's return but, no, he was a hunter and a soldier. He would move silently. This person, or creature, had no care for stealth.

I scrambled to my feet to run again but my leg muscles had cramped and I could not move.

It was Henri who found me, scratched and bleeding, and pitiful. He picked me up in his strong arms and carried me to the house of the brothers, crooning gently to calm me.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 06:56:25 AM »
Poor Snow. Your updates always leave me wanting to read more  :D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 07:29:07 PM »
Thank you Brooke.  I look forward just as much to your comments.  :D

The Brothers

How wonderful, the brothers. I love each and every one so dearly. Apple cheeked and hearty and each just a little bit different from the others.

Elmo

Bruno and Ollie

Viktor

Otto

Klaus
and Henri

They lived in their little cottage, working at the mine during the day or chopping wood in the forest for their fuel.

They fussed over me that night, bathing my bruised and bleeding feet, gently brushing the twigs and leaves from my hair, and plying me with fresh baked bread and warm nourishing soup.

They listened to my tale, when I was strong enough to tell it, and bit their nails in fear. I must stay with them. They insisted. I could cook and clean for them and they would hide me and keep me safe.

Sadly, spoiled young ladies such as I know little of cooking or cleaning.

I burnt the bread and boiled the soup. I broke the vases and left smears on the mirrors.

They really didn't mind. They pretended my cooking was the best they had eaten. They told me the vases were ugly anyway, and they knew what they looked like so it mattered not about the mirrors.

'They were kind.' My father's thoughts drifted towards me.

'Kinder than you, papa. You left me at her mercy. Did you not see her blackness or did you love me so little?'

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 07:11:26 AM »
I adore the brothers and Snow being a 'true' princess in not knowing how to cook and clean - I doubt even her stepmother would have made her do those chores  :)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 07:27:06 PM »
Thanks Brooke.  I had a lot of fun creating the brothers.  They were originally very good looking sims created my friends and me.  Amazing what you can do with a bit of weight and a pot of rouge. ;D

Discovered

I was happier than I had been in a long time. I greeted each day with a sigh of contentment.

The brothers were happy too. They sang as they marched off to their labours in the morning and whistled when they returned at night. 

We were isolated from the world, or so I thought, but snippets of disquietening news still managed to reach us.

Otto scurried home from market one day.  His basket was overflowing with fruit and ripe vegetables though I swear he must have lost most on his hurried journey home for several apples were jostled free to roll across the freshly swept floor as he puffed his way in through the door. 

His eyes were round and frightened and he locked and bolted the sturdy door behind him.   She was looking for me.

'Stay indoors,' they cautioned. 'And answer the door to no-one.'

'You did not obey of course.' It was him, the stranger, again.

'It was not so simple.' I answer.

I see him – at least I see through his eyes – just for a moment. He stands at a window surveying the lands stretching out before him.

I was wiping the smudges from a mirror one day. My cleaning skills were improving and I was quite proud of the work I had done.

But this day to my horror, the newly shined mirror clouded over with thick swirling smoke. 

I swiped at it with my cloth and soft, unclear at first but growing in distinction, her eyes looked back from the glass.

I threw the cloth over the glass but I knew she had seen me. She knew now for certain that I was alive.

I told the brothers and they broke all the mirrors in the house and buried the fragments of glass and wood deep in the forest.

'You always had a vivid imagination.' I hear the chuckle in my father's thoughts.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 05:20:52 AM »
The idea of Morgana being able to see threw other people's mirrors is a brilliant, plus it's a good jump-scare for Snow.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »
Yes, I liked the idea of her using the mirror.  It was a way of connecting to the original tale ;D

An Apple

An old beggar woman came to the door one day.

'You answered the door? The brothers did warn you.' My friend was back.

I ignored her knocking for a good time but she was determined. She was weeping and near collapse. My heart softened.

I let her in and gave her cool water to drink and some bread to eat. She told me she had travelled a long way and was exhausted.

I offered her shelter for the night thinking I could talk the brothers around but she refused.

She thanked me profusely for my kindness but said she had a distance to yet travel. She dug into her sack and offered me an apple as thanks.

'Of course you refused.'

In truth I did not want it. It was a strange shade of red and recalled to me the scarlet of my step-mother's lips.

I was loathe to take food from her that she might need on her journey.

She insisted I take it. She said it was one from her home town and the apples were unsurpassed in their sweetness.

'Take a bite.' She urged.

More from politeness than desire, I bit into the apple. It was indeed delicious but deadly.

Through my fading senses, I heard her triumphant cackle and I knew that I had been duped.

'Your name?' He asks but the link was dissolving.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 12:08:01 PM »
The inevitable apple scene! I really like how she was determined not to open the door but was still kind enough to feel for a 'stranger'.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 06:56:27 PM »
Ha ha.  Yes, didn't take much to fool her.  ;D

The Prince

Reynard handed his horse to the groom and set off to the main door of the castle, his long stride in his mud-splattered boots making short work of the distance.

The exercise had been just what he needed to clear his head. Soon he would call his servant to him to discover what intelligence he had uncovered on his adventures.

His man had returned late last night but Reynard had been caught up with his father's guests so could not break away.

His father. Reynard worried how long the old man had. He had not been the same since he had returned from that battle – the only one he had lost – and it had cost him dear. It was not just the gold, though surely their coffers were a lot leaner for the experience, but he had lost good men and his reputation. The defeat had broken him in subtle ways.

Many years had passed but each year his father retreated a little more.

Reynard stopped in his room and stripped off his sweat-laden clothes. His body was firm and well-muscled.

He caught a reflection of himself and it pleased him.

No witches in this mirror. Lord, did he really say that?

The girl of his dreams or the mad fantasy of a weakening mind? He wasn't sure. His family obeyed the royal requisite of breeding a madman with almost every generation.

It could be his turn.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 10:02:29 AM »
Ooh, we meet the stranger at last and he's hot  ;)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 07:24:10 PM »
 ;D Yes, I like Reynard.  He is a worthy Prince Charming, not like my brat prince in Cinderella :D 

I apologise for the lack of pictures.  I am sure I had more at one time but cannot find them now. :-\

A Child's Tale

'I believe we have an impossible quest ahead of us.'

Reynard and his servant sat facing each other across the large oak table, littered with maps and papers and two sturdy mugs of ale.

If only his own father was not so fragile. 

He would surely know the names of the nobles who died for his cause, but Reynard was not insensitive enough to tug on that thread. 

Reminders of his failure and the naming of former friends could very quickly send the old man into a downward spiral that nothing could halt.

Reynard's servant had travelled far and wide, seeking what information he could from whatever source seemed likely.

Phillip of Wintersong should have certainly been a good lead. Everyone knew of Phillip and he was a cousin of sorts to Reynard. It should be a simple matter of identifying the girl he once had planned to marry and taking it from there.

Unfortunately Phillip had died.

His horse had kicked him in the head and, although he survived the kick, he wasted away and did not see year's end. Some said he died of a broken heart.

Others suggested he had finally had some sense kicked into him and couldn't cope with the strangeness.

His successor, Ellis the Bold, was far too busy galloping off to battle to take the time to search the records.

Reynard's man had turned then to the villagers.

They were an odd lot. Very reluctant to speak. Perhaps because he was a stranger but there seemed, as well, a fear laid on them.

Finally his man had broken through. It was a small child, a girl. She was richly dressed and accompanied by several servants, as you would expect of the daughter of a noble.

His man had spoken to one of the servants, a young woman, easily flattered by the smooth tongue, quick wit and courtly manners of his agent.

The servant had nothing much to give him except her coy smiles but the child had drawn breath and tugged at his sleeve in impatience.

Unfortunately, before she could say a word, she was quickly pulled aside by another attendant.

He had moved on, but later, as he inspected some wares at a stall, the child had appeared at his side. It seemed she had eluded her attendants if only for a moment.

'You ask of Isolde of Whitesnow.' She had hissed.

'They tell me she is dead but I...' She stammered, reluctant to confess.

'I have dreams where I see her.  She lives in a house in a forest with seven brothers.  They are kind and care for her but she is sad.  Sadder than I.'

'Please find her and help her. Tell her I am sorry for the deeds of my mother.'

So, Reynard had a name and location – well within several dozen leagues every which way. A house in a forest, a house with seven brothers or so the child had dreamed.

How difficult could that be to find?

'We go to seek a damsel in distress.'  Reynard grinned. 

If his man was upset over being dragged away again after just returning from a long journey, he didn't complain. 

But Reynard suspected, deep in his heart, that their adventure would be pure folly.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 02:51:29 PM »
So Philip is related to Sarah! Love it. I'm super happy the little girl isn't evil like her mother  ;) I'm also always losing screenshots - I end up regretting deleting so many when it comes to writing what goes with each picture.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 07:09:50 PM »
Thanks Brooke

Yes, I like to have a sort of back history going in my stories where the families are linked even if they are not in the same time line. I believe I used the name in Beauty and the Beast as well. 

One day I might do something with it - maybe. ;D

Winter

I wonder what will happen to me when the brothers grow old and die.

Who will keep the wolves from my helpless body then?

It is not a pleasant thought and I put it aside to be taken out again when I am so bored that even unhappy musings are welcome distractions.

It is winter now. I watched through the windows as the trees dropped their golden brown leaves until bare grey branches were all that remained.

The snow has not yet fallen but the skies are dark and the brothers huddle by the fireplace.

They have moved me into the main room to share in the warmth just as they have done in past winters. I feel neither heat, nor cold, but it is a comfort to be near them.

They cast anxious glances towards me and I wonder if that is significant. Am I changing in some way? I seem to spend a lot more time in darkness since summer ended.

Darkness, yes, but not this utter black.  Impenetrable clouds of stygian ink roil across my vision and a dread that chills me to my bones seizes my heart.

'You should have died already, wretched girl. How you do cling to your miserable life.'

Morganna. Her voice, hate-filled, menacing and cold breaks through the clouds, shattering what little senses remained to me. 

My mind recoils with a violence that sends me almost to the bottom of the abyss. I fight to regain the surface, to rise again, for down there is death or madness with little to choose between.

But I cannot make progress. There is a weight forcing me down.  I hear her chant. Words, float about me. Malevolent, cruel and evil. I cannot fight those words.

Death lurks nearby.  His grin, a rictus of anticipation.  He has waited patiently but hungrily for my soul and now his cruel hand stretches forth. 

He will have me soon.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2014, 08:06:35 PM »
This is a cool story, Figwit! I will check out your other stories too.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2014, 01:23:21 AM »
Thanks Lisa.  I hope you enjoy them too. :D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2014, 09:40:48 AM »
Poor Isolde, I can see the brothers love her a lot and must also be wondering what to do to help her  :(

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2014, 07:01:24 PM »
They need some help.  Oh look, here he is  ;D

Rescue

Reynard and his servant reined in outside the cottage.

It had taken many weeks and much gold to find their way here.

It was a pretty cottage, rough hewn but homely with well tended gardens, cleverly shaped hedges and neat pathways paved with white river stone.

Reynard leapt from his saddle and knocked at the door. The sudden silence indoors was proof that the knock had been heard.

'Come, my good men. We mean you no harm.' He called.

The door cracked open and a flushed, bewhiskered face looked out. A pair of sky blue eyes appraised the visitors, noting the quality material, albeit mud stained, of their travel cloaks.

'Let him in.'

I know him. He is the stranger of my dreams, the man whose voice oft-times breaks into my narrative.

Amid the descending dark and the fearful words he ushers in a golden light that cuts through the gloom and brings with it a glimpse of the outside world where pine needles sparkle with ice crystals, horses stamp their mud-crusted hooves and snort with white puffs of breath and the smell of their oiled leather harness mingles with the wood smoke hanging in the still, frosty air.

I know, in my heart, that this man, alone, can save me.

I send my plea to the brothers. They haven't heard me before but I throw all I can, the last of my strength, into my thoughts.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 10:52:42 AM »
I love the imagery used in this update, I can see the little cottage in my mind so well done  ;)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 06:50:04 PM »
Thanks Brooke.  That is so kind of you to say.   :D

Morganna's chant is twisting me around, pummelling me, trying to send me further into the dark but the nearness of the prince lends strength to my fight. 

I see Death retreat a little.  His greedy claw closes on empty air.  The battle isn't won though and I sense she is building to a final assault; one which I doubt I can win.

And then, amazingly, the chant ceases.  It stops mid word.  Quiet both welcome yet dreadful because surely the respite is just a cruel tease.  She is playing with me as a cat with a mouse.

All the same, I begin to feel a small hope growing like a tiny spark of light in the black.

Then, like the gathering of winds of a fearful storm, I feel a rage beyond reckoning. It hits like a wave but it is not directed at me.

Somewhere, there is a child's anguished scream and then an ominous silence.

My sister.

Reynard

She is beautiful beyond my imaginings and I know this lovely creature will be my bride.

She sleeps now in her glass casket her eyelashes black smudges on her milk white face.

Her keepers watch, nervously, as I gently raise the lid. They do not care that I am a prince and heir to the throne.

They will punch me to the ground if I harm their beloved in any way. I would reassure them, if I could, but I know, in my heart, that time is short.

I slip my hand beneath her neck. Her midnight tresses are silk on my skin. I lean forward and brush her ruby lips with mine. I half hear the collective outrage as her keepers get ready to throw me out of the door but I care not.

If they break every bone in my body, it will be worth it for this fair moment of pleasure.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 06:35:00 AM »
Ah no, her sister  :'( I think if a stranger suddenly kissed Isolde the brothers would most certainly be angered, great job again  :)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2014, 07:17:04 PM »
Thanks Brooke :)  It was fun imagining them all red in the face and huffing and puffing. 

Awake

I open my eyes. There is a flash, blinding in its intensity, a roar and a long drawn out wail that comes from outside the cottage and fills the night.

I feel the shackles of the spell fragment into a million pieces useless now to bind me.

Morganna is dead. I know that. She could not withstand the breaking of her magic

Reynard is before me. He has crinkly blue eyes and a gentle smile. I have never seen him before and yet I know him.

My one true love? Undoubtedly.

My heart brims with joy.

She is dead, I tell them.  We have no more need to fear.

There is silence and then everyone talks at once. 

Soon though, it is time to discuss the past and recent events and try to discover what has happened but we will do it over ale, for Viktor has rolled out a keg, and music as Ollie produces his squeezebox.

There are surprises for all and many blanks to fill from all sides. 

I am most interested to hear of my sister from Reynard's servant and I weep inside for what may have befallen her.  That scream chilled me to my soul.  I keep this tiding to myself though.  I see no need to spoil the mood of everyone with fear for her.

In the next few days I must leave them, but tonight we will all celebrate together.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2014, 09:26:51 AM »
Morganna's gone? Good riddance! I wonder what happened to her sister. I have to say again, what a hunk Reynard is  ;D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2014, 07:19:11 PM »
Thanks Brooke.  I agree, Reynard is pretty special.  ;D
Return

We return, in triumph to Whitesnow House and I assume my rightful role as the lady of the manor.

The servants are dazed and confused but a few are pleased to see me.

There are many that were her creatures and will never be mine but I will concern myself with that small matter in good time for there are more pressing priorities.

The first is the healing of my sister, Aylinde.

For Aylinde is damaged beyond the physical. She has grown to childhood with little love or affection. 

Her life has been spent lurking in shadows, keeping herself as invisible as possible, never presuming that anyone, especially her mother, had her best interests at heart. 

She had often spied on her mother.   She had heard my name whispered amongst the servants but, try as she might, she could find nothing beyond the bald fact that I was dead, killed in the forest, and my name was not to be mentioned.  She suspected her mother held the key to the mystery but was reluctant to approach her on that score.   

Aylinde knew in her heart, and from her dreams, that I lived and there was more to the story.

One day, as she hid in her usual spot, just outside the ante-room Morganna used to concoct her medicines, she had heard Morganna chanting my name. How her skin had prickled as she realized, from the intensity of Morganna's chant, that she was weaving a spell of great power.  Aylinde feared it meant my death.

Bravely, desperately, just as Morganna's voice had reached a crescendo, she had hurled the nearest object at her mother with as much strength as she could muster and with little thought for her own safety. 

The projectile had missed her mother but knocked the candle from her hand and startled her enough that she reared back in surprise. 

Recovering quickly, Morganna's fury at the interruption to her concentration was terrible to behold and Aylinde was thrown forcibly across the room, barely missing the window. 

I am certain it would have been her end at her own mother's hands if my dear Reynard had not caused the spell to be broken just in time.

So my first task is to get to know this serious little girl who owns my life. Together we will fish at the pond, and explore the gardens delighting in the flowers and the butterflies.

I will show her how to paint and sew and I will entertain her with stories of the brothers and my life at the edge of the forest.

When I leave to marry my prince in the Spring, I will consider asking the brothers if she might stay with them for a while.

Their hearts are big and their simple love will continue the healing of this most precious child.

The End

Thank you to everyone who read my story and very special thanks to Brooke whose daily comments made it all worthwhile.  Thanks Brooke.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2014, 07:29:53 AM »
Aw, lovely ending. I feel so bad for Aylinde but she's so brave to go against her mother  ;D Thank you too for sharing your story, and I'll be reading anything new you post  ;)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2014, 05:36:25 PM »
Thank you Brooke :) 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2015, 08:33:38 AM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.  @Figwit - you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.

Original Storyboard:  Sims 3 Miscellaneous Stories

anything