Author Topic: Sims going on a diet?  (Read 129858 times)

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
Re: Sim's going on a diet?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 12:48:46 PM »
I'm not certain what the exact formula is, but at a glance, there's a value in here: CALORIES_PER_POUND (it's set to 100, so maybe 1 pound of Sim fat/100 calories) and a SIM_WEIGHT_RANGE = 200. I'd guess when they eat they gain 1lb/100 calories and when they reach 200 they're at maximum fat. Each Sim has a FAT_STATE and a FIT_STATE that range from -100 to 100.

Even salad would make you fat eventually at 50 calories per meal without exercise (unless the game rounds down and discards remainders). However, my Sims can eat two salads a day and never exercise and they never gain weight. Maybe 50/100 = 0.5 so the Sim gains 0 pounds. But if you eat Lobster Thermidor at 600 calories that's 600/100 = 6 lbs of fat gained.

I did make a quick test mod, I bumped the Lobster Thermidor calorie count to 10,000,000 (the same as the Insta-Large potion) and my Sim was huge after eating only a single serving (just as if I drank the potion.)
Never send to know for whom the Cowplant's bell tolls; It tolls for thee...

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 04:41:36 PM »
I am going to show you what my Sim family's second oldest child Kayleigh looks like after she aged up, and how much weight she gained after Mom fixed such tasty foods!  I guess salads from now on lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 05:20:02 PM »
Is there any chance that you could make a list of the foods and their calories? We could then do some in-game testing as to the break point for weight gain. Also, how many calories do exercise burn? Are they different for different activities?

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 06:00:23 PM »
Is there any chance that you could make a list of the foods and their calories? We could then do some in-game testing as to the break point for weight gain. Also, how many calories do exercise burn? Are they different for different activities?

That would be a great idea!  Would love to see a list, and then maybe can help them lose weight!  Thanks for all your help!

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 06:33:50 PM »
If it's not too much trouble. I just found chicken noodle soup.  ???

It appears mixology drinks have a calorie weight too. Tea and coffee are 0 though.

Did they tune the calories in food with the last patch? Because I haven't updated, and Lobster Thermidore has 800 calories in my files.

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 07:56:44 PM »
Lobster Thermidor has 800 calories in my game too, I was mistaken in my example.

I did do a test on the calorie/weight thing and looks like the 100 calories per 1 pound of weight is accurate. What I did was set Lobster Thermidor to 10,000 calories, which should be 100 pounds on the scale (10,000 calories/100). In game I drank an Insta-Lean potion which set my FAT_STATE to -100, I could see my ribs, spine, muscle definition, etc. I then ate a serving of Lobster Thermidor and my weight jumped up to a point where I was still thin but muscle definition was smoother and ribs and spine were no longer visible (FAT_STATE 0). After eating a second serving of Lobster Thermidor my Sim became huge, as if he had just drank a Insta-Large potion (FAT_STATE 100).

So it looks like Sim weight ranges from 0 to 200 (100 is normal) and for every 100 calories you consume your Sim will gain 1 pound on this scale. I haven't looked into what the calorie burn rate is for exercising.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 08:14:09 PM »
Thanks so much for the information. Also, could I clarify the calories in any one of the following?
Grilled Chicken
Grilled Salmon
Grilled Steak
Fish and Chips
Fish Tacos
Pan Fried Tilapia
Blackened Bass
I'm yet to test in-game, but my files have them all at 0 calories. They may be a good option for avoiding weight gain :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
List of Food items and calories - Sims 4
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 08:20:04 PM »
Here's a list of Food items and calories, I've used the names of the files which may differ in game (some may not even be in game.)

Ambrosia, 0
Apple Pie, 450
Asparagus Proscuitto Wrapped, 100
Baked Alaska, 500
Bananas Foster, 600
Blackened Bass, 0
Black and White Cookie, 200
BLT, 300
BowlFork, 500
Cake Black and White, 500
Cake Hamburger, 500
Cake Signature, 500
Cake Wedding, 500
Cake White, 500
Casserole Taco, 200
Casserole Tuna, 200
Cereal, 120
Chicken Kiev, 300
Chicken Stir Fry, 250
Chili, 325
Chips, 200
Cioppino, 341
Cookie Chocolate Chip, 250
Cookie Heart, 250
Crepe Sweet, 300
Cupcake Butterscotchman, 300
Cupcake Carrot Cake, 300
Cupcake Classic Vanilla, 300
Cupcake Minty Mocha, 300
Cupcake Multi, 0
Cupcake Red Velvet, 300
Cupcake Strawberry Fizzy, 300
Cupcake Super Chocolate Bomb, 300
Cupcake The Baconing, 300
Eggs Toast, 333
Etouffee Chicken, 300
Fish and Chips, 0
Fish Tacos, 0
French Toast, 200
Frittata Spinach, 480
Garden Salad Rummaged, 50
Garden Saled, 50
Gnocchi Butternut, 300
Grilled Cheese, 300
Grilled Chicken, 0
Grilled Salmon, 0
Grilled Steak, 0
Gummy Bear Pancake, 200
Hamburger, 350
Hot Dog, 350
Lobster Thermidor, 800
Mac N Cheese Rummaged, 200
Mac N Cheese, 200
Meuniere Trout, 565
Microwave Dinner, 500
Noodles Garlic, 330
Oatmeal Rummaged, 166
Oatmeal, 166
Omelet, 425
Pancake, 200
Pan Fried Tilapia, 0
Parfait, 290
Pasta Primavera, 251
Pizza, 500
PlateFork, 0
Porkchop, 300
Posole, 300
Potatoes Au Gratin, 323
Protein Plate, 250
Rack of Lamb, 306
Ravioli Mushroom, 100
Salad Caprese, 330
Salad Cobb, 419
Salad Fruid, 70
Salad Nicoise, 410
Salad Potato, 357
Salad Waldorf, 271
Salmon Herb Crusted, 260
Salmon Poached, 133
Saltimbocca Chicken, 300
Salt Pepper Shrimp, 75
Sandwich Monte Cristo, 600
Sandwich Tuna Melt, 300
Sausage N Beans, 200
Scrambled Egg, 155
Short Ribs Braised, 500
Soup Chicken Noodle, 87
Spaghetti Flaming, 300
Spaghetti, 300
Swordfish Blackened, 410
Tortellini Lobster, 300
Truffles Choclate Ganache, 400
Yogurt, 79

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2014, 08:35:27 PM »
There are a few missing, Roast Chicken and the SimCity Cheesecake that I can see at a glance at the recipe list. They don't seem to match any of the ring-ins that aren't in game, either. I ran a search for 'chicken' and found nothing that relates to Roast Chicken. I don't have these either, so it's not something you missed. I wonder why.... Thank you for the list, by the way. I just started perusing the files after you added the first bit of information, as you had me intrigued.

So far from what I have found, standard drinks made on the mixology bar are 200 calories each. Drinks from the fridge (water, milk, juice) are 0 calories. Tea and Coffee are 0 calories (I sure wish MY latte was 0 calories!) and special drinks that are also reward potions are 0 calories. Kids potions are 0 calories.

Insta Large and Insta lean are both 1000000 calories each, HOWEVER insta lean has a CALORIE LOSS effect on it. Most other foods and drinks have a CALORIE GAIN effect on them, although the ones that don't have either listed still make my sim fat, so I wasn't entirely sure that it really mattered.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 11:40:09 PM »
I am going to show you what my Sim family's second oldest child Kayleigh looks like after she aged up, and how much weight she gained after Mom fixed such tasty foods!  I guess salads from now on lol

That's funny! What a coincidence! (Or perhaps a trend.) ALL of my children have been extremely obese when they age up from child to teen!

It helps to buy the "Gym Rat" reward so that your sims can work out a lot and build fun, but not lose hygiene while doing it. It only costs 500 reward points.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 05:02:36 PM »
Thank you for posting this!!

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 10:29:26 PM »
Thanks so much for the information. Also, could I clarify the calories in any one of the following?
Grilled Chicken
Grilled Salmon
Grilled Steak
Fish and Chips
Fish Tacos
Pan Fried Tilapia
Blackened Bass
I'm yet to test in-game, but my files have them all at 0 calories. They may be a good option for avoiding weight gain :D

Super helpful!! Thank you! I'm getting bored of only preparing Garden Salads around my sim house.   :P

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2014, 01:57:30 AM »
It's strange that they chose to make some of the foods that are more fattening in real life 0 calories.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2014, 02:09:07 AM »
I'm not even certain that they don't make your sims get fat - they may still be measured on the calories per pound xml that Reubenhood mentions. Either that or it could be oversight and fixed in a later patch. It seems unusually sloppy that some would be 0 and some would have the CALORIE GAIN line in the code, and some don't.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 09:36:07 PM »
Well, ever since I read this post and started making mostly Garden Salads, Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits, Caprese Salads, and a few other vegetarian items, my sims have stayed at their "healthy" skinny weight. I actually haven't had ANY problems with overweight sims since then.

It makes cooking a little less fun, though.