Author Topic: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge  (Read 75288 times)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #285 on: July 31, 2023, 03:01:36 PM »
Thaks, MarianT, for the answer.

I doubt that I'll ever make into the HoF with these dynasties. But I wonder, why my changes would disqualify me from HoF? I don't break the rules but just make the challenge harder and longer? I just choose not to use some members of the family for the tasks, that is the parents of current heir. And one can choose e.g. max the last skill on the heir's birthday.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2023, 07:22:33 AM »
Well, generally we discourage people from altering the rules. But there's nothing that says you have to use all the members of a household to get through the challenge, so go for it. On the other hand, the likelihood of finishing and getting into the HoF might increase if you didn't try to make the challenge longer and harder. ;)
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2023, 09:58:29 AM »
Well, generally we discourage people from altering the rules. But there's nothing that says you have to use all the members of a household to get through the challenge, so go for it. On the other hand, the likelihood of finishing and getting into the HoF might increase if you didn't try to make the challenge longer and harder. ;)

You are quite right about the likelihood :) . But I like to play each era a bit longer at least in the beginning when the lifespan is short. Maybe I'll change my mind when I play further. But for now, in the first era, the time seems to go by quite too quickly. But I am having fun with my family in Sulani.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #288 on: August 17, 2023, 12:03:34 PM »
Looking ahead and planning my next challenge, I'm drawn to this one including getting Laundry Day and Bust the Dust  to play with.

Looking at the setting-up for the No-Tech era, I see a list of allowed towns/worlds:
Oasis Springs, Willow Creek, Newcrest, Windenburg, Glimmerbrook, Brindleton Bay, Forgotten Hollow, or Sulani (note -- if you choose to start on Sulani, your Sims will have to stay there until the More Tech era)

There are a few more worlds now. Are any of them eligible? I can't work out why all areas of Henford-on-Bagley are restricted. Not Del Sol Valley with all it's infrastructure makes sense. Is the special rule for Sulani because of the balmy weather?

There's Tartosa, Copperdale, San Sequoia and Chestnut Ridge.

No rush on the answer. I've got many Sim weeks of play still to do on my current challenge  :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #289 on: August 18, 2023, 12:26:54 PM »
Looking ahead and planning my next challenge, I'm drawn to this one including getting Laundry Day and Bust the Dust  to play with.

Looking at the setting-up for the No-Tech era, I see a list of allowed towns/worlds:
Oasis Springs, Willow Creek, Newcrest, Windenburg, Glimmerbrook, Brindleton Bay, Forgotten Hollow, or Sulani (note -- if you choose to start on Sulani, your Sims will have to stay there until the More Tech era)

There are a few more worlds now. Are any of them eligible? I can't work out why all areas of Henford-on-Bagley are restricted. Not Del Sol Valley with all it's infrastructure makes sense. Is the special rule for Sulani because of the balmy weather?

There's Tartosa, Copperdale, San Sequoia and Chestnut Ridge.

No rush on the answer. I've got many Sim weeks of play still to do on my current challenge  :)

I messaged @MarianT in Discord to flag her on your questions. As stated in other Dynasty threads, the Dynasties are in maintenance mode. The team is not really updating rules at this point. We do have a new Dynasty in the works, FYI, so you may consider waiting another couple of months for that. :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #290 on: August 18, 2023, 12:49:53 PM »
Ooh - only a couple of months! That could ne very good timing. Thanks, Tom

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #291 on: August 18, 2023, 12:50:59 PM »
@Granny Lawlor, your Sims have to stay on Sulani until the More Tech era because of its assumed distance from other worlds. Tartosa and Copperdale both have community lots that should stay in place and are out of keeping with the earlier eras. San Sequoia is a bit too citified, and there's only one fishing spot. Chestnut Ridge might be okay, but make sure your No Tech Sims have access to fishing.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #292 on: August 18, 2023, 12:52:54 PM »
@Granny Lawlor, your Sims have to stay on Sulani until the More Tech era because of its assumed distance from other worlds. Tartosa and Copperdale both have community lots that should stay in place and are out of keeping with the earlier eras. San Sequoia is a bit too citified, and there's only one fishing spot. Chestnut Ridge might be okay, but make sure your No Tech Sims have access to fishing.
Thanks for the quick response and all the teams hard work behind the scenes  :)

anything