Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 705856 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1170 on: May 31, 2015, 05:06:10 AM »
@geekischic , if it's possible, it's better to have him making nooboos with sims in houses. I didn't do that in my first dynasty attempt and my worlds became completely empty apart from my dynasty house. While it's still possible to complete a dynasty with empty worlds... it is more fun (just in my opinion) with full houses.  :) So far, in my current attempt, I have had no sims culled from any of my households.

If that's not possible then try to make your friends just before it's time for ambrosia but the rules do allow your good friends to be from within your household if the culling becomes unmanageable.  :)

Rule 6 : "... Please make your best efforts to have your six Good Friends outside the household. This may be impossible later in your Dynasty if much of the town has died."
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1171 on: May 31, 2015, 06:30:49 AM »
@MissTrips Yeah that's OK, I've been doing the same for my challenge.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1172 on: May 31, 2015, 08:29:19 AM »
I have a question for the mods.  For story purposes (ie Screenshots) is it okay to load the sims to the gallery, make a new game, drop in the lots and do the screenshots there?  If I get to my third generation, space and time travel start becoming more relevant and a few nice screenshots would really help the story telling.

Yes that is fine.

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1173 on: May 31, 2015, 09:13:22 AM »
I may do the friends in household, but will she be able to get another BFF? I really don't want to have to restart, gen three was just born.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #1174 on: May 31, 2015, 09:22:12 AM »
I may do the friends in household, but will she be able to get another BFF? I really don't want to have to restart, gen three was just born.
Making another best friend should be no problem.  Even if the original best friend was still around, you could still make a new best friend.  You would just lose best friend status with the original.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1175 on: May 31, 2015, 10:20:36 AM »
You guys are the best ever! So basically what you are all saying is it IS boring, lol!

Well, I apologize in advance if I implied anything negative about The Sims. Everyone has their own preferences, and for me, I... well, let's just say I got too addicted to LittleBigPlanet recently and didn't find digital humans having a simulation of real life much fun. Still, whenever I get bored of grinding for trophies, I might take a day, boot up Origin, and just have a day of watching videos on Youtube while playing off-and-on with the Sims. The reason I like the Dynasties and challenges is because I tend to torture myself with challenges for Platinum Trophies, so yeah, I am a masochist.  :'(

I'm glad you got a lot of help, and maybe these tips will help me with my own casual play of the Sims 4.  ;D

Welp, time to go back to the Path of Death. My lord, Captain Qwark, why did you have to make that trophy SO difficult with the fire jets!!?!?  >:(
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1176 on: May 31, 2015, 11:19:31 AM »
Oh phew! She's so close to elder, now I'm freaking out a bit lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1177 on: May 31, 2015, 02:18:35 PM »
@geekischic: Lol, Don was your town mattress?!  lol

@Joria, someone else already mentioned this but you might enjoy the tournament challenges. As you know, I'm now playing my eighth dynasty attempt which failed because my Gen6 heir bought a previously-assigned reward trait, but I'm playing it to the end anyway for the learning experience.  Lol, when I start up, I just rename my Dynasty excel file (thank you, Lena) and make revisions based on my latest failure.  I really like the tournament challenges, which are all well designed and supervised. Each tournament challenge usually lasts no longer than one or two age stages: 20 days (YA phase) or 40 days  (YA and Adult phases), so my usual intensity and frustration don't last long.  A relaxing break from dynasty gameplay, especially since I'm not a good enough player to stress over a top-ranking score, hehe.  Joria, each tournament forces us to focus on a particular aspect of gameplay but I cannot resist completing the garden anyway. 

Oops, this post got too long. I just wanted to share that you're not the only one who is repeatedly starting over.  :)  Erm, misery loves company?  *shuffles feet

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1178 on: May 31, 2015, 02:54:05 PM »
Yes dynasty is meant to test your patience.  I reached gen 6 and lost interest and patience, there goes my dynasty.

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1179 on: May 31, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
He sure was!

Is it possible to get approval for no culling mod? http://modthesims.info/d/545615

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1180 on: May 31, 2015, 04:04:16 PM »
Sorry geekischic, the mod changes gameplay hence it won't be allowed.

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1181 on: May 31, 2015, 04:42:08 PM »
That's fine, I can still cope! :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1182 on: June 01, 2015, 01:00:16 PM »
@Nutella, so that's what happened to your dynasty.
You were really sailing through the generations then suddenly stopped, so I was wondering.....
whispers: "Was it too easy for you?"

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1183 on: June 01, 2015, 02:45:12 PM »
@oshizu
I wouldn't say easy, but definitely boring.  I have 5 generations of elders that have nothing to do (already ate ambrosia), and I am super OCD, I just cannot stand letting them go autopilot.  I have to control them, and yet there is really nothing for them to do.  I would stick the elders on chess table and/or play violin, to keep them out of the way.  Only the current active generation is interesting, as I have so many deathflowers/angel fish/potion of youth that ambrosia is no longer an issue.

Honestly I wish there is a dynasty that doesn't require me to keep completed elders around.  Gonna go harass metropolis man now for a new dynasty. :P

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1184 on: June 01, 2015, 03:06:43 PM »
@oshizu
I wouldn't say easy, but definitely boring.  I have 5 generations of elders that have nothing to do (already ate ambrosia), and I am super OCD, I just cannot stand letting them go autopilot.  I have to control them, and yet there is really nothing for them to do.  I would stick the elders on chess table and/or play violin, to keep them out of the way.  Only the current active generation is interesting, as I have so many deathflowers/angel fish/potion of youth that ambrosia is no longer an issue.

Honestly I wish there is a dynasty that doesn't require me to keep completed elders around.  Gonna go harass metropolis man now for a new dynasty. :P
Hahaha, your comment reminds me of Colt Brook's Shannon and her Elderly Garden.
I agree that by Gen5, the fam has 99+ of each ambrosia ingredient so the elders are only useful for helping the new generations to level their skills.  I must confess, though, I love being able to keep the founder and certain heirs, but not all heirs, around.

It would be great, though, if you could whizz to the end of your dynasty.  You're almost done and the rest of us love reading about your gameplay.   ;D