Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707728 times)

Offline Franki

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #165 on: November 09, 2014, 08:09:48 PM »
Is there another version of the spreadsheet so that those of us new to this have a guide, it's just the one on the first page is coming up with an error..
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #166 on: November 09, 2014, 08:12:16 PM »
I take it aging is supposed to be on for the challenge? It doesn't actually state that in the rules, but I just assumed...for the unplayed households?

Options
All Gameplay Options need to remain at default settings: Autonomy (Full); Lifespan (Normal); Fill Empty Homes (must be checked

I am assuming, Lifespan (Normal) is what ages the Sims?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #167 on: November 09, 2014, 08:15:41 PM »
Well.. it was a sad day in my Sims household, as my Founder's husband died. :( (This is the first time I have ever had a Sim to die, or have seen Grim in my game, simply because I am so attached to my Sim families lol). She mourned for two days, and even her friends mourned.

Off the subject, I am curious to see if puddles are supposed to linger around on the ground, even if the plants are no longer there? lol Makes it hard to place items if you have multiple puddles. lol

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2014, 08:28:21 PM »
You should be able to move things around and put some floor underneath the puddles to mop them up. They do tend to stay around for a long time on the ground. If you have a neat sim, neat sims can mop the ground.

I have my own Dynasty worksheet if you are having problems with the one provided.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2014, 01:53:33 AM »
Hm, can we have another Sim plead with Grim to save a Non-Immortal?  I ask because I had a helper die of embarrassment before I even realized what had happened XD  So was just curious if it's legal to plead with Grim or if that's a banned action.  I know there's a certain percentage of success without a death flower, so just wondering.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2014, 06:46:16 AM »
Hm, can we have another Sim plead with Grim to save a Non-Immortal?  I ask because I had a helper die of embarrassment before I even realized what had happened XD  So was just curious if it's legal to plead with Grim or if that's a banned action.  I know there's a certain percentage of success without a death flower, so just wondering.

Pleading to Grim is essentially life extention IMO. So, the answer is no. But, let's see what the other team members say.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2014, 07:31:45 AM »
I think that pleading with Grim should be a no-no.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bloudwedd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2014, 08:09:38 AM »
Story Progression? Are we allowed to go in to the world manager and add children to families, move in new npc's to keep the world alive? Or is it EA "storyprogression" only?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2014, 08:13:10 AM »

Since I have never had any of my Sims meet Grim, the choice of pleading was tempting, but I kind of assumed that is a life extension, even if the Sim wasn't an heir.
One question I do have about our Sims loved ones passing on is this; I noticed my Founders husband came back (as a ghost), and the relationship status isn't the same as when he died.  Can we count the ghosts relationship as a good friend or that is too weird? lol

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2014, 08:35:56 AM »
Would it be okay to use the cas.fulleditmode cheat to change the last name of the dynasty spouse? I'd like to keep the family name alive through the whole challenge.
The decision we came up with is yes, you can use cheat to change the last name of the dynasty spouse, but you must do it as soon as possible. 

For those of you that already moved in their spouses, you have permission to change their last name now.  For future dynasty players, please change the spouse name as soon as they move in, no waiting.  The using cheat to change last name is of course optional, you do not have to do it if you don't want to.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2014, 08:39:28 AM »
Is there another version of the spreadsheet so that those of us new to this have a guide, it's just the one on the first page is coming up with an error..
Are you still having error?  I just tested it, the spreadsheet opens up just fine.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2014, 08:40:49 AM »
Pleading to Grim is essentially life extention IMO. So, the answer is no. But, let's see what the other team members say.
Agreed, answer is no.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2014, 08:48:24 AM »
Story Progression?
There is no option to toggle story progression on and off in sims 4 at the moment.

Are we allowed to go in to the world manager and add children to families, move in new npc's to keep the world alive?
No.

Or is it EA "storyprogression" only?
No story progression in sims 4 at the moment.  If you do come to a point in your dynasty that no townies are left to befriend, let the team know and we will come up with a solution.  We are hoping that EA will fix this soon.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2014, 08:54:09 AM »
Since I have never had any of my Sims meet Grim, the choice of pleading was tempting, but I kind of assumed that is a life extension, even if the Sim wasn't an heir.
One question I do have about our Sims loved ones passing on is this; I noticed my Founders husband came back (as a ghost), and the relationship status isn't the same as when he died.  Can we count the ghosts relationship as a good friend or that is too weird? lol
If we allowed players to count ghost relationship, that would be too easy, the answer is no.  Let's see what the other team members say.

In an earlier post, a player had to replace a new BFF because their current BFF died ... if we allowed ghost relationship, then that player would not have to find a new BFF. 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2014, 09:07:50 AM »
Agreed on the ghost thing - requiring players to make sure Friends and BFFs are alive is going to add more difficulty.