Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 706110 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1965 on: June 15, 2016, 06:33:36 PM »
@MissZoef Is it a non-HoF entry?
It is a HoF entry. I thought you could use it on non immortals  (although I am not sure how it works though, I haven't used it yet). I thought you could bring a dead sim back to life with it, is that right?

You can use the book to fulfill sim's needs right? I saw that somewhere in the posts along the way. Other than that I have no idea how it works, so maybe it's good I didn't write one for her :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1966 on: June 15, 2016, 06:43:32 PM »
@MissZoef The Book of life can be used like a moodlet manager (which is allowed ) and it can be used to summon a ghost.  However if you bring that person back to life, that is against the rules because it's considered elongating their lifespan.  If a ghost reads their own book of life then they can resurrect themselves which you don't want either.  It's like them eating ambrosia.

If a person is dead, they need to stay dead to be considered for HoF.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1967 on: June 15, 2016, 06:46:50 PM »
In the Rules Section:

Household members cannot complete the Bodybuilder Aspiration, use Potions of Youth, Essence of Life (from cowplant), Book of Life (from writing skill), Plead with the Grim Reaper to save a dying sim, use Age-Away Serum, wish for Youthful Vigor from the wishing well, or any other methods of extending life.

In the FAQ Section:

Can I use book of life to cure negative moodlets?  Can I use book of life for museum contribution?
-- Yes to both.  You cannot use book of life to extend life, but you can use book of life to cure negative moodlets and you can write book of life and contribute it to the museum for requirement.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1968 on: June 15, 2016, 06:54:02 PM »
So sorry, @MissZoef! I had a Sim die of embarrassment after being turned down for a proposal, so I know how it feels.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1969 on: June 16, 2016, 03:31:48 AM »
@Ricalynn thank you for the clarification, good thing I haven't used it yet :) (and won't!) I'm afraid she will stay dead then.

@Nutella Thank you for pointing out the rules. Sometimes I get a little confused, luckily I haven't made a mistake (yet) with this Dynasty :)

@MarianT Oh that's so sad, I hope it wasn't a dynasty member!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1970 on: June 16, 2016, 11:48:38 AM »
I've been working on my next Generation and the plan was to have her use harvestables as her museum item possibly but I've noticed that some of my items seem to keep increasing their value to the point of random numbers at perfect.  I thought I read somewhere this was a glitch but if I harvest and this happens and I get apples that are worth §2000 - can I use those as my museum items?  Even though the price is glitched?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1971 on: June 16, 2016, 01:20:32 PM »
I thought I read somewhere this was a glitch but if I harvest and this happens and I get apples that are worth §2000 - can I use those as my museum items?  Even though the price is glitched?

It is a glitch and EA still hasn't fix it yet, doubt they will.  It's fine, you can use those as your museum items.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
« Reply #1972 on: June 16, 2016, 10:28:08 PM »
Sorry if this has been answered already, but is it ok for good friends / best friend to be deceased at time of ambrosia, so long as the relatio ship in the panel is still registering?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1973 on: June 16, 2016, 10:35:02 PM »
I'm not the challenge team and they could correct me but as far as I know friends still have to be alive at the time of ambrosia, that's why it's one of the harder requirements.

Offline sone

• Townie
« Reply #1974 on: June 16, 2016, 10:41:09 PM »
Found my own answer, time to start over -_-

Still at the beginning stage of my IDC, (multiple crashes of course, I think it's a cooling issue), but since I've married Don Lothario and moved his entire household in, I was wondering if my founder has to be the one to do all the acquiring for museum items?  Can the household pitch in by doing anything like dig a treasure and give it to her, or does she have to do it all for the items?
Spamming questions here (sorry for that), it's the first time I really try a dynasty challenge. I noticed a few of my good friends of my list have died. They still are listed as good friends in the friends overview. Am I allowed to still count them for my list of do I have to find some new ones?
Dead friends = need to find new ones.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1975 on: June 16, 2016, 10:54:32 PM »
Unless you've already eaten the ambrosia - you could just make new friends!

Offline sone

• Townie
« Reply #1976 on: June 17, 2016, 02:33:08 AM »
It was for Gen 1 and i'm on Gen 3 now =/

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1977 on: June 17, 2016, 06:01:17 AM »
Are these mods allowed? More Columns + More Swatches. With the ability to have feminine/masculine options it's just so much stuff to scroll through with just two columns (I prefer 4 with non-IDC files).
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline SeraNita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1978 on: June 19, 2016, 11:12:15 AM »
So I've run into a rather odd situation in my dynasty. My founder's husband was meeting his maker today from old age, while one of her good friends was over to visit. While he was dying, I was looking through her relationships (he was meant to be the unique BFF, but as she isn't quite ready for ambrosia, I needed to find a replacement. I'm a cold fish like that.) and wasn't paying attention to the dead man in the kitchen. The good friend had, in some messed up luck of the draw, pleaded for his life and actually won. I assume it had to be him, as the only other household member, the current heir, was at school, and my founder was actually sleeping through the event.

My question is whether this breaks the rules of the challenge. It states that household members cannot plead with Death, and that non-immortals' deaths cannot be expedited, but nothing on whether NPCs can affect their lifespans. I don't want to keep going this early in the challenge if it's already null and void.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1979 on: June 19, 2016, 11:23:45 AM »
Are these mods allowed? More Columns + More Swatches. With the ability to have feminine/masculine options it's just so much stuff to scroll through with just two columns (I prefer 4 with non-IDC files).

@Nettlejuice - Allowed.