Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707878 times)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1995 on: June 29, 2016, 12:15:08 AM »
I have a few questions resulting from failing my first attempt, needing to re-start, re-reading the rules, and reading through the first few pages of this thread.

1.  When I start a challenge which requires/allows modifying the world, I always create a save file as a backup.  I took advantage of the ability to place some MaxisCreator_01 lots, a spa, two restaurants, a park, and a few houses, in Newcrest before I started.  Also, I am hoping that my founder's spouse would be in the backup file.  I don't mind having to create a fresh game file but would I be able to use my current backup file to restart?  It is at game time 8:04am Sun.

2.  I read:
Rooms downloaded from the exchange -- Allowed
Rooms that come with the game -- Allowed

If I were to put all of the rooms for a particular build into the gallery, wouldn't I then be able to place them one at a time to re-create the lot? 
And if so, then shouldn't I be able to just place the lot? 

I have a beautiful cemetery/funeral home that I spent a lot of time creating in my Build-A-City-Challenge that I would like to use in this challenge.  It is a retail lot that would not be run by my sims but visited as a cemetery.

3.  Are we allowed to use sims created by aging up children from pre-played sims to YA in CAS as our founder sim?  Example:  My founder and her spouse just had a baby.  Could I wait till the baby ages to a child, save the family to the bin, then age up the child to YA in CAS, and save the new YA by herself to start as a founder in a subsequent attempt?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1996 on: June 29, 2016, 12:23:41 AM »
@Caterina:

1. Sorry. You have to start a fresh file.

2. Wouldn't you have to run the retail lot in order for it to be eligible to edit, though? That's always how I interpreted that rule. Anyways, I'd rather the rule be simple rather than trying to smooth over that loophole. Wanna save rooms and recreate a lot (and I think there are other contexts where this could happen, like wanting to recreate a certain house for your dynasty family)? Fine. But you still can't place the lot itself.

3. Sounds fine. You're making a fresh YA sim that still was created by you somehow. Just remember to make a twin of them so that no skills or hidden traits get transferred over.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #1997 on: June 29, 2016, 12:44:25 AM »
Thanks for the quick and fair responses.

A fresh start it will be!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1998 on: June 29, 2016, 05:25:50 AM »
@Caterina When you say 'not run by my Sims' do you mean you own the lot but don't ever open 'shop' because it's a cemetery and privately used by your family? That's what I've been doing.

Mods, is that OK?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #1999 on: June 29, 2016, 10:43:25 AM »
@Nettlejuice

I meant like the stores that came with Get To Work in Magnolia Promenade.  I'm not sure you can edit a retail lot that you don't own, in game, like you can other community lots that you visit.  Our sims would have to buy the lot initially, build the cemetery/funeral home, and then sell it.  I had no intentions for my dynasty heirs to sell urns or funeral floral arrangements for a living.  You never know though.  I was going to keep my gravestones their home lot but when I read about a ghost eating museum pieces I changed my mind.  The first thing I did when I logged back into my game was to put the gravestones into my sim's inventory.  I will post my lot to the gallery when I bring my game up in a few minutes.  Look for it under #Caterina or #carlsguide.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2000 on: June 29, 2016, 10:48:11 AM »
I have a question regarding the 'big happy family' and 'succesful lineage' aspirations. Is it possible to complete those for an immortal-to-be? They seem quite fun, but I don't dare to try to complete them as one of the requirements, since I feel like it will take too long. Is there someone who has done it? or knows it can be done?

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #2001 on: June 29, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »
@Caterina I know what you mean. I've done the same thing, built my cemetery on a retail lot without a till. The 'shop' is never open as it's used by my family only to place graves and take screenshots.

I have a beautiful cemetery/funeral home that I spent a lot of time creating in my Build-A-City-Challenge that I would like to use in this challenge.  It is a retail lot that would not be run by my sims but visited as a cemetery.

Here is where you've confused me. When you say 'not run by my Sims' do you mean you own the lot but don't ever open 'shop' because it's a cemetery and privately used by your family?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2002 on: June 29, 2016, 12:05:06 PM »
I have a question regarding the 'big happy family' and 'succesful lineage' aspirations. Is it possible to complete those for an immortal-to-be? They seem quite fun, but I don't dare to try to complete them as one of the requirements, since I feel like it will take too long. Is there someone who has done it? or knows it can be done?
I've done successful lineage as immortals but big happy family is only completable by gen 1, I think, because having three kids any other generation would be really bad on space.  I mean it might be doable if you have kids outside the house and the game still counts them but that would only work for males/pollinating females.

Edit:  I do them as spare aspirations/ never as unique.  I'm sure you could but that a in high school/ child aspiration glitch can cause a lot of problems.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2003 on: June 29, 2016, 12:15:16 PM »
In my experience, only a male sim with a male son only a parent sim and their child sim, both who are either male or "female who can impregnate others" can complete Big Happy Family because of two of the milestones.
My male sim completed "Be friends with 3 of your children" by having an heir then siring two more children with townie ladies.
He completed the "Have 4 grandchildren" milestone by having his son do the same thing: have the dynasty heir then having 3 more children with townie ladies.
*can't decide whether to feel embarrassed or shrug

I've never managed to complete Successful Lineage because "Have a child max an aspiration" wouldn't fire for me for an adult aspiration, so I just replaced Successful Lineage with another  aspiration.

Heh, @Ricalynn posted while I was still typing and she's absolutely correct about pollinating females, so I've edited my original comment.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2004 on: June 29, 2016, 05:42:23 PM »
@Ricalynn thank you, I don't want that many children in my houshold indeed. Takes up too much space. I didn't think of having kids outside the household :)

@oshizu thank you for the insight. That sounds like a smart way to do it. Still I would be pretty scared that I wouldn't make it in time though.

I'm gonna consider it :) sounds like a fun challenge (and maybe have a back-up plan in case something goes wrong)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #2005 on: June 29, 2016, 09:23:02 PM »
@Nettlejuice
I was hoping that I could place the lot as a community owned retail lot and still be able to place my gravestones there when I visited. 

I'm not sure if that will work, I will test it a little later today. 
     If it works in my test file, then to get it into my Immortal Dynasty file, I would need to buy a retail lot, complete the build, then sell it.

If it doesn't work in my test file, then to use it in my Immortal Dynasty file, I would need to buy a retail lot, complete the build, then KEEP the lot. 

I wouldn't ever have to open it for business if I didn't want to. 

If I sold it, my sims could visit, buy an urn or some flowers, and hopefully mourn their dead.  I don't know if ghosts would appear there or not.  I have some testing to do apparently. 

Update:  I tested out gravestones from the family who owned the lot and also from a visiting family...the ghosts from each family came out so it will work either way.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2006 on: June 29, 2016, 10:08:37 PM »
@Caterina  The thing about the rules is rooms are allowed to be placed but you can't actually place a lot not made by Maxis.  So since you made the whole lot previously then it would be a no go to place down regardless of any other details.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #2007 on: June 30, 2016, 01:21:46 AM »
It's okay.  I plan to recreate it from scratch.  I just take screenshots then switch back and forth from the screenshots to my game while I build.  It's a little time consuming but no big deal.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2008 on: July 07, 2016, 02:09:31 PM »
Congratulations to @sdhoey for completing the dynasty, inducted to Hall of Fame.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2009 on: July 07, 2016, 02:28:23 PM »
Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk