Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707350 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2040 on: July 27, 2016, 06:04:36 AM »
UPDATE:

Removed--
Until the bug that causes Sims to become ageless if they meet a Nanny is fixed, hiring a Nanny is banned.

Recent patch has fixed the Nanny immortality issue, please make sure to update your game to the most recent patch before using Nanny services.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2041 on: July 27, 2016, 04:33:28 PM »
I've learned that sometimes farther down the road in a dynasty you can run out of females for your male heirs to marry.  I know we are not allowed to use Manage Worlds, but would it be possible to make an exception allowing us to play other  families, townies, in order to produce more children?  Don works really hard at it but a pollinator can only do so much.  In townie households where there is no female could we go in to adopt children?  I'm thinking the answer is probably no but had to ask.

Second question, if you go back into your file after having saved, closed the game etc., but children are at school or Sims at work, when you come back they wind up leaving work and school early taking a big performance hit.  Other than not leaving them at work/school when you close the game, how do you prevent them from leaving when you return to it?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2042 on: July 27, 2016, 04:37:59 PM »
I've learned that sometimes farther down the road in a dynasty you can run out of females for your male heirs to marry.  I know we are not allowed to use Manage Worlds, but would it be possible to make an exception allowing us to play other  families, townies, in order to produce more children?  Don works really hard at it but a pollinator can only do so much.  In townie households where there is no female could we go in to adopt children?  I'm thinking the answer is probably no but had to ask.

Second question, if you go back into your file after having saved, closed the game etc., but children are at school or Sims at work, when you come back they wind up leaving work and school early taking a big performance hit.  Other than not leaving them at work/school when you close the game, how do you prevent them from leaving when you return to it?

@Joria
The team has always said no to your first question but the best way to get more people is to either not pollinate at all (it causes the game to move family in like it's supposed to because it's not near the limit)*This is happening in my game, families are moving in* , Move an elder into your family and have them adopt,  pollinate in stages.  Only do a few mothers, invite them over to dance to pop music.  If no one has a girl, choose a boy from that pollination to move in and have him start pollinating the rest of the world that isn't related to him. 

Edit to Add:  And let's not forget my 2 new favorite way to get spouses/friends. 1) Connections or Grade A High school student + entering every career.  This forces the game to come up with co-workers, especially the 3 Get Together careers.  2) Hiring NPCs.  There are so many things you can hire these days from DJs, Masseuses, Nannies, Gardeners & More that one is bound to be a female for a male or a male for a female.  And really at that stage.  The older the better.

Second question:  When you load into the game choose a community lot and travel there with a Sim that is not at work/school.  however this will cause them to lose any buffs you had going when you did save the game but it will keep them there.  ( Give me a second and I will load a picture to better explain this)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Choose your lot or a community lot and hit the visit button as circled above.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Choose your household and which Sims you plan to take to that lot.  You'll get a load screen and then it will load into the lot you've chosen.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2043 on: July 27, 2016, 04:59:56 PM »
Regarding Joria's second question:

In order to not lose work- or school-related mood buffs, stop playing and save either (1) before anyone leaves for school/work or (2) after everyone gets home.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2044 on: July 27, 2016, 05:23:06 PM »
Answer is no.  Easy way to get new npcs is to zone in to all the areas as much as possible, the game will keep generating gardener, fisherman, mixologist, etc.  Also you can always hire pianist/violinist/guitarist/comedian - one of them is bound to be female. 

oshizu is correct. 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2045 on: July 29, 2016, 05:45:45 AM »
Thanks, everyone! Rica I had noticed that before I did any pollinating there were families moving in to empty houses and some of them have small kids I've met at the park.  Parents work with my Scientist Sim so I recognized the name.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2046 on: August 05, 2016, 11:37:23 AM »
Is bringing a ghost back to life acceptable?

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2047 on: August 05, 2016, 11:41:22 AM »
@Joria Is it a premade ghost?  Isn't the only way to bring a ghost back to life by feeding them ambrosia (which is immortal only)?

Edit to Add:  I forgot about Book of Life but that's specifically banned for that use in the rules (you can use it like a moodlet manager). if it's not a premade ghost, bringing them back to be a playable(immortal) ghost is against the rules as it is considered extending life.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2048 on: August 08, 2016, 04:10:29 PM »
I have forgotten how career rewards work and hope someone can help me out with my question.

To give one example, let's assume a sim completed the Patron of the Arts career.

Question: In case the sim lives and dies in the household: After the sim's death, can the household no longer purchase the "Pre-Owned Painter's Easel" (which is the Level 7 Patron of the Arts career reward).

Sorry for the basic question. I just can't seem to remember...

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2049 on: August 08, 2016, 04:12:07 PM »
Answer!:  Yes.. once it's unlocked for a household, it will always be unlocked for a household.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2050 on: August 08, 2016, 07:05:47 PM »
@Ricalynn

A delayed response to thank you for answering so quickly! *grins sheepishly

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2051 on: August 22, 2016, 06:20:30 PM »
Is it ok to do the Skills Week Boost for our dynasties?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #2052 on: August 23, 2016, 04:04:30 PM »
I don't want to pester, but I'd love an answer to @Joria 's question as well. I'm avoiding playing that file until I know what's okay and what's not. Thank you!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2053 on: August 23, 2016, 07:08:34 PM »
I don't want to pester, but I'd love an answer to @Joria 's question as well. I'm avoiding playing that file until I know what's okay and what's not. Thank you!

The skills week boost is fine for all Dynasties. Yes, it will make things easier for some players, but the team is more relaxed about this kind of stuff in Dynasties as opposed to the Tournament challenges where everyone has to be on an even playing field.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2054 on: August 23, 2016, 09:30:16 PM »
Thank you.  Now I can get back to playing my lovely Sims dynasty!

----------
My No Buy Story