Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 705904 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2190 on: November 10, 2016, 08:38:14 AM »
@Whirligig

We are trying to balance it out and don't think one is better than another.
Lot Traits -- 50% skill boost to 2/3 skills.
Club -- 250% skill boost to 1 skill plus you get nifty perks like networked club (for careers) and rally the troop (for needs).

@MissZoef

Correct you can still attend festivals to boost certain skills, and can travel to lot venues to boost your skill, not a loophole.  :D  You just won't have the lot traits on your home lot, hey maybe some players don't like to travel and likes the comfort of their own home lot.

I know from own experience that I dislike travelling.  The map screen always freezes my game for a bit and it is slow to load, then while travelling I lose all my environmental buff that I set up for myself on home lot. 

@reggikko

The team is discussing Leader of the Pack aspiration, will update you soon.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2191 on: November 10, 2016, 09:04:41 AM »
I'm really sorry, no one else seems confused about this rule change, but I kind of actually am. I think I understand it now, but I think the order in which the information was posted was what confused me.

How I thought it worked until I read the latest post: You can still have clubs, you can still have lot traits. But between the two, you can only have one club or one lot trait that boosts a skill. Non-skill-boosting clubs/club perks/lot traits aren't restricted.
This is why I was asking about if different clubs are allowed, or if certain perks are still allowed (people were talking like they were allowed, then like they weren't and I wasn't following). I think the reason I was confused simply had to do with the ordering. If the "choose route" part of the rule had come before the  "one skill boost only" part, I wouldn't have thought the rule applied only to skill boosting perks/traits.

How it actually works: If your dynasty lot has lot traits, you cannot have clubs or club perks full stop, skill boosting or otherwise.
If your dynasty family has a club, you cannot have lot traits full stop, skill boosting or otherwise. You choose one feature and essentially play as if the other feature doesn't exist.

Am I on the same page now as everyone else?

And, going back to this question:
Can we still have additional clubs for things apart from skill building/networking/rallying the troops in the main household?

I'm thinking of the pollinator's club full of women of child-bearing age, or the neighbourhood kids/teens clubs to easily introduce your sims to other sims, or the journalist's club to help him get through interviews so he can write articles. I'm not really using these clubs for skill boosting - are they still allowed? Or is it just that I'm not allowed to buy skill-boosting club perks in these clubs? I feel like these more closely follow the intent behind being in a club in the first place - regularly meeting with sims who share some sort of interest - rather than providing perks and boosts and so forth.

If someone has lot traits, can they still form clubs for the social aspect of them - meeting sims and inviting them over/out places, but not buy any perks for those clubs? Just add sims and select activities? Or are clubs completely banned from use?

If going with the lot traits route means clubs are completely banned, then @MissZoef , I redact my previous position and think that absolutely clubs are the better pick.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2192 on: November 10, 2016, 09:16:09 AM »
@Whirligig

Thank you for the feedback, I revised the rules to make it less confusing.  Please read through this and let me know if anymore changes needs to be made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lot Traits & Club Perks Rules

CHOOSE: Lot Traits OR Club Perks, cannot have both.  No changes once you pick a route, must remain the same route for the entire dynasty.

Lot Traits Route -- Only one skill boosting lot trait allowed, the other 2 spots can be empty or any non-skill boosting lot traits.  Once all the traits are chosen, they must remain the same for the rest of the dynasty.  You are still allowed to have clubs and form clubs, but not allowed to buy any club perks. 

Club Perks Route -- Only one adult skill boosting club perk allowed, no limit on other perks.  You are not allowed to have any lot traits. 

You may opt to not choose either route, this means NO club perks and only allowed to have non-skill boosting lot traits.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2193 on: November 10, 2016, 11:16:26 AM »
I'm wondering how this rule affects Leader of the Pack. If the player chooses lot traits, does that mean that aspiration is off the table?

Leader of the Pack -- If you choose lot traits route, you are allowed to buy benign (banner, hat, handshake, etc.) club perk for milestone #1 and capacity upgrade club perks for milestone #4.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2194 on: November 13, 2016, 12:21:11 PM »
I'm fairly certain I read this somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it. Grilled Cheese aspiration counts for heirs, correct?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2195 on: November 13, 2016, 12:44:58 PM »
@reggikko

I found it for you, page 70.  ;)

Are we allowed to use the new Grilled Cheese aspiration for the requirements even though it only has 3 levels instead of 4?

Allowed.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2196 on: November 13, 2016, 01:23:03 PM »
Thanks, @Nutella.

I have another question. My heir is using Sturgeon as his museum items. I was keeping the mounted fish in the basement before moving them to the museum so I could keep the highest value fish. Anyway, when I moved them (I think I must have moved them all to his personal inventory and then put them in the museum) they are all now showing the same value--that of the fish that was worth the most. I have all the real values recorded in my spreadsheet. He's about to blow out his candles to become an elder. Do the fish still count, or do I need to start over with them? I am kicking myself for doing such a boneheaded thing but I honestly did not think of it at the time I was moving the fish.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2197 on: November 13, 2016, 01:24:29 PM »
They still count, use the real values you recorded in your spreadsheet.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2198 on: November 13, 2016, 01:31:02 PM »
They still count, use the real values you recorded in your spreadsheet.

That's a relief! Thank-you.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2199 on: November 15, 2016, 08:53:01 PM »
Sorry if this is a pedantic question, but:

It's really important to understand that each heir must put in all the work for their collection items.
If my sim wants to contribute harvests (from gardening) which includes going to Sixam to get alien plants, do they also have to build the rocket/wormhole to get to Sixam themselves? Or can they use a rocket or wormhole that was built by another sim?

I guess in a similar vein, can a chef use ingredients from the family garden, or do they also have to grow/fish/obtain all the ingredients for whatever it is they're cook themselves?
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2200 on: November 16, 2016, 10:51:57 AM »
If my sim wants to contribute harvests (from gardening) which includes going to Sixam to get alien plants, do they also have to build the rocket/wormhole to get to Sixam themselves? Or can they use a rocket or wormhole that was built by another sim?
They can use the rocket/wormhole built by another sim, but they have to personally travel to Sixam and harvest the plant, then come home and grow it.  You have to use harvests from homegrown plants only.

I guess in a similar vein, can a chef use ingredients from the family garden, or do they also have to grow/fish/obtain all the ingredients for whatever it is they're cook themselves?
Depends on what you plan, museum or ambrosia?
Ambrosia -- for the immortal requirement.  Your heir/founder doesn't have to cook it themselves or collect the ingredients themselves.  Everyone in the household can cook and/or help collect the ingredients.
Museum -- if this is for museum collection, your heir/chef must cook it themselves but they can use ingredients from family garden or directly from the refrigerator. 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2201 on: December 01, 2016, 06:19:16 PM »
Serious issue that might affect dynasty/legacy play

New post on Crinrict's Sims 4 Help Blog   

Clubs broken with Patch 1.25.135
by crin

Unfortunately Patch 1.25.135 has practically broken clubs. According to alanmichael1 and others the following issues occur

Restarting the game or changing the lot, will reset your club points to zero points. They will come back after starting a meeting or clicking on the group settings.
    If you have existing groups with more than 6 people, the extra members will be removed and the places locked
    After restarting the game, every new member in smaller groups will be evicted although they're place stays unlocked
    The lot the meeting starts isn't really the lot type chosen

This affects new and old saves and it's unclear to what extent it will break your clubs permanently. I would suggest not to play any existing save games that you have clubs in you care about.

If you haven't patched yet, you can try avoiding the patch but you'll need to put Origin in offline mode before it gets a chance to know about the patch.

Also make sure to backup your files before attempting any tests.

More info to follow as I have them.

While we now have more rules regarding clubs and how we can use them in dynasty play, my concern is the part about evicting members which is sometimes used to get a mass of people onto a lot.  Can we avoid accepting this patch even though the rules state we must be completely patched up?  At least until they have this fixed.  Otherwise I can see a lot of dynasties being put on hold and no game play happening.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #2202 on: December 07, 2016, 07:30:03 AM »
There's a new collection of Plushies from the Holiday crackers from the Holiday pack. Can we use the plushies for museum pieces if we want?

Thanks!
jillz

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2203 on: December 08, 2016, 08:11:40 AM »
While we now have more rules regarding clubs and how we can use them in dynasty play, my concern is the part about evicting members which is sometimes used to get a mass of people onto a lot.  Can we avoid accepting this patch even though the rules state we must be completely patched up?  At least until they have this fixed.  Otherwise I can see a lot of dynasties being put on hold and no game play happening.
I'm confused, why would you evict?  Are you talking about evicting ghost?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2204 on: December 08, 2016, 08:13:51 AM »
Added:

"Plushies" to Qualifying items for the Museum List.

@jillz