Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 223441 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2350 on: September 12, 2017, 06:34:40 PM »
I couldn't find it in the topic using the seach bar, so therefore I thought I should ask in here: If your child heir completes two aspirations, can it count as an extra museum item? Just wondering. I happend to have my heir of gen 5 completing his second aspiration just now :)

I rarely make rules calls these days in Dynasty threads, but I'll quote the appropriate section...

**Players can increase the value of their Immortal Family Museum by having an heir contribute three additional museum items (for a total of 11 of a given type) if the heir maxes all five of their toddler's skills, completes a Childhood Aspiration, and gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen).

So, based on that...there is no leeway to allow what you're asking. It's basically a "you gotta do these 3 things and you get to do x."

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2351 on: September 12, 2017, 06:37:10 PM »
I couldn't find it in the topic using the seach bar, so therefore I thought I should ask in here: If your child heir completes two aspirations, can it count as an extra museum item? Just wondering. I happend to have my heir of gen 5 completing his second aspiration just now :)

I rarely make rules calls these days in Dynasty threads, but I'll quote the appropriate section...

**Players can increase the value of their Immortal Family Museum by having an heir contribute three additional museum items (for a total of 11 of a given type) if the heir maxes all five of their toddler's skills, completes a Childhood Aspiration, and gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen).

So, based on that...there is no leeway to allow what you're asking. It's basically a "you gotta do these 3 things and you get to do x."

That's fine :) I wasn't entierly sure. It's been a while since I've touched my Dynasty file and I must admit that the rules aren't that clear in my mind anymore. Thank you for the quick respone @Metropolis Man

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #2352 on: September 15, 2017, 03:34:43 PM »
I thought I was doing quite well in my latest dynasty when I heard Grim's music and my Founder died.  I was paying too much attention to unnecessary tasks.  :'(
Cynthia

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2353 on: September 15, 2017, 03:37:23 PM »
I thought I was doing quite well in my latest dynasty when I heard Grim's music and my Founder died.  I was paying too much attention to unnecessary tasks.  :'(

oh no! That's so sad. Which generation were you at?

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #2354 on: September 15, 2017, 10:08:32 PM »
The fourth generation had just been born.
Cynthia

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2355 on: September 23, 2017, 03:19:33 PM »
In the rules it says: "You may edit community lots to add or rearrange objects such as microphones, easels, etc. You may also add on club hangouts. You still may not bulldoze community lots."

Does that include adding toddler playground things in the park?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Oh, she wanna creep like ivy?
« Reply #2356 on: September 24, 2017, 10:39:11 PM »
@MissZoef: Yep. Just put it under the "etc." ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #2357 on: September 26, 2017, 11:23:41 AM »
Would cowplants (alive or dead) count as a harvestable item for the museum provided the heir either fished or grew the cowplant berries himself?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2358 on: September 26, 2017, 11:36:48 AM »
Would cowplants (alive or dead) count as a harvestable item for the museum provided the heir either fished or grew the cowplant berries himself?

I don't believe the actual "cowplant" counts. Because it's not an actual "havestable", just the berries are counted as a harvestable by the game. @Metropolis Man @LenaLJ @MarianT

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2359 on: September 26, 2017, 11:41:19 AM »

I don't believe the actual "cowplant" counts. Because it's not an actual "havestable", just the berries are counted as a harvestable by the game. @Metropolis Man @LenaLJ @MarianT

I agree. The berries would, but they're only worth about $20 -- more if they're from a perfect cowplant.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #2360 on: October 01, 2017, 07:05:35 PM »
I have a Sim called Kelli Barbour, her age bar has been twinkling for a couple of days and she still hasn't died.  I tried exiting the game and repairing the game but she still won't die.  Is there any work around? :(  I may have caused it accidentally because I traveled when her bar was twinkling.
Cynthia

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2361 on: October 01, 2017, 07:17:57 PM »
I have a Sim called Kelli Barbour, her age bar has been twinkling for a couple of days and she still hasn't died.  I tried exiting the game and repairing the game but she still won't die.  Is there any work around? :(  I may have caused it accidentally because I traveled when her bar was twinkling.
If she has the active trait, she'll live much longer than other Sims. She will die eventually, but it may take another Sim week or two. There are several ways to get her to die, but I don't think you can cause her death.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #2362 on: October 01, 2017, 08:30:43 PM »
Yes, she does have that trait.  I guess I'll just wait awhile longer.
Cynthia

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #2363 on: October 15, 2017, 10:59:08 AM »
Good morning (or whenever you read this)!  I was just wondering if my heir who is doing the serial romantic aspiration could use the gold medal date reward baskets as his collection items.  It wasn't on the list in the rules and such, though I believe it falls under the "collected" items, but I wanted to double check to make sure I don't end up having an ineligible immortal down the road.  Thanks!

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #2364 on: October 17, 2017, 05:43:27 PM »
I'm just a player not anyone in charge of the rules but I think that the rewards wouldn't count for the collection.
Cynthia

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2365 on: October 17, 2017, 06:15:07 PM »
Good morning (or whenever you read this)!  I was just wondering if my heir who is doing the serial romantic aspiration could use the gold medal date reward baskets as his collection items.  It wasn't on the list in the rules and such, though I believe it falls under the "collected" items, but I wanted to double check to make sure I don't end up having an ineligible immortal down the road.  Thanks!

Sorry PergrineTook to be so long. But the Museum items have to be from the list of "Collections" in rules. . I've read thru and haven't seen anything to say other wise.

Shannon

Offline Verdine

• Nooboo
« Reply #2366 on: October 27, 2017, 09:23:28 PM »
Regarding approved mods, would MC Command Center be all right to have? I use it so the townies generate babies by themselves and don't die out on me, leaving behind a ghost town.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Oh, she wanna creep like ivy?
« Reply #2367 on: October 27, 2017, 11:01:23 PM »
@Verdine: that's a hard no. I think we have some tips on the Immortal Dynasty Hints & Tips thread and I'm pretty good at manually keeping towns alive through "pollination" (at least for the first ~five generations) and will take questions. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Offline Verdine

• Nooboo
« Reply #2368 on: October 28, 2017, 05:06:58 AM »
@Trip Thanks for the information! When I come up questions I will be sure to ask; lots of ways to playing I still have yet to learn. As for repopulating, well, time to get some romancing done then XD! *eyes Don as potential pollinator*

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #2369 on: November 08, 2017, 09:32:23 AM »
With the additions of the Pets expansions all spreadsheets for the Dynasties will be gone through and updated as fast as possible.
If you have seen anything missing in the spreadsheets, or not working, please PM me right away so I can add the items to my todo list.
Thanks all :)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #2370 on: November 11, 2017, 08:57:45 PM »
After the latest patch, the stereo related tasks will not complete during the birthday parties.  I have had two birthday parties and the dance and the listen to music tasks didn't register even though I started the actions well before the timer ran out.  I even cancelled actions and started them again but it still didn't show as complete and didn't even show that any Sims were dancing or listening to music.  They were ones like 3 Sims dance or listen to music at the same time.  I am trying to get the gold party for the birthday.  Can I count it as gold as I completed the other actions or do I have to find some other party that doesn't have those requirements?  After looking at the other party requirements it looks like all the ones that are left have similar requirements.
Cynthia

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #2371 on: November 11, 2017, 09:18:35 PM »
After the latest patch, the stereo related tasks will not complete during the birthday parties.  I have had two birthday parties and the dance and the listen to music tasks didn't register even though I started the actions well before the timer ran out.  I even cancelled actions and started them again but it still didn't show as complete and didn't even show that any Sims were dancing or listening to music.  They were ones like 3 Sims dance or listen to music at the same time.  I am trying to get the gold party for the birthday.  Can I count it as gold as I completed the other actions or do I have to find some other party that doesn't have those requirements?  After looking at the other party requirements it looks like all the ones that are left have similar requirements.
Did you have a club gathering going at the time?  I found that if I didn't end my family club gathering before a party, the stereo things wouldn't register. 

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #2372 on: November 12, 2017, 12:01:28 PM »
I have this problem too, and I've tried ending gatherings before and during, and it hasn't made any difference. The same issue happens with sims playing games together too, it doesn't register.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2373 on: November 12, 2017, 07:48:25 PM »
Requirments Not completing for Parties since Newest patch.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Party-Goals-not-fulfilling/td-p/6381164

All players please keep a note of completing those types of event requirements to get credit.  Remember to always manually track your Heirs requirements anyways. Hopefully, they will fix the bug soon.

As in:

3 sims dancing etc

Shannon

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #2374 on: November 15, 2017, 07:25:12 PM »
A head's up concerning the Curator Aspiration. In the past, milestones for this aspiration have only completed if the tasks were achieved while the particular milestone was active. For example, "Collect 5 Crystals" would not complete if the Sim had collected the crystals before that milestone. In addition, "Collect 25 collectibles" on Milestone IV did not auto-complete. I have had both of those things complete after my Sim traveled. I am not sure if this is a bug or by design, but this could be an issue in Dynasty challenges, causing an inadvertent completion of an aspiration, with the potential for failing the challenge.

anything