Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707313 times)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #390 on: November 26, 2014, 12:36:56 AM »
Try putting the toilet in the family inventory and then taking it back out again. I've read that it happens because of pregnant sims spewing in the toilet.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #391 on: November 26, 2014, 01:02:08 AM »
From what I understand the BFF of one generation can be good friends of others.

Thank you very much for answering, I asked this question before and Marion T was kind enough to answer too. I was hoping for definite confirmation from someone on the Team as you could read the rules as 'unique' meaning no other immortal can even 'know' the other immortals BFF.

Please could someone on the Team confirm what dethdukk and Marion T have said?

My question was:
Can the BFF of the second generation be a good friend of the founder and still qualify for ambrosia?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #392 on: November 26, 2014, 01:07:20 AM »
Thank you very much for answering, I asked this question before and Marion T was kind enough to answer too. I was hoping for definite confirmation from someone on the Team as you could read the rules as 'unique' meaning no other immortal can even 'know' the other immortals BFF.

Please could someone on the Team confirm what dethdukk and Marion T have said?

My question was:
Can the BFF of the second generation be a good friend of the founder and still qualify for ambrosia?

Sorry that we have overlooked your question playalot. And also sorry I did not reply on the PM you sent me, I really did forget to hit send :(

I am going to say no, Unique should be unique, and therefore not be listed as good friend for any other generation.
I hope it is still possible for you to change it up?

Guys if you disagree with this please say so.
And again sorry playalot

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #393 on: November 26, 2014, 01:13:05 AM »
Thanks for answering!  :) Yep, I haven't been playing my dynasty while waiting for an answer so I still have plenty of time to change it.

I was pretty sure unique meant... no other immortal can have the BFF as a friend at all.  I had this 'nagging' feeling at the back of my mind that just wouldn't go away! lol.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #394 on: November 26, 2014, 03:27:55 AM »
Uh oh >.>  I may have to double check my requirements heh.  Pretty sure this attempt was about to fail within a generation anyway.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #395 on: November 26, 2014, 04:12:27 AM »

Sorry that we have overlooked your question playalot. And also sorry I did not reply on the PM you sent me, I really did forget to hit send :(

I am going to say no, Unique should be unique, and therefore not be listed as good friend for any other generation.
I hope it is still possible for you to change it up?

Guys if you disagree with this please say so.
And again sorry playalot

Wait a minute, I understood from the rules that the BFF had to be unique (so the BFF of one generation couldn't be a BFF of the other generation) but what I read here also 'good friends' of one generation can't be BFF of another generation? Now I am confused and have failed my dynasty if that is true.  :(

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #396 on: November 26, 2014, 05:45:26 AM »
I guess that when I read the unique part of the BFF requirement I went into my old Life State dynasty mode and thought preferably not even known by the rest of the household.
It seems though as if I was the only one whose brain went in that direction.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #397 on: November 26, 2014, 05:46:55 AM »
I guess that when I read the unique part of the BFF requirement I went into my old Life State dynasty mode and thought preferably not even know by the rest of the household.
It seems though as if I was the only one whose brain went in that direction.

I thought unique bff meant no 2 sims could have the same bff but the bff could still be the good friend of someone else.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #398 on: November 26, 2014, 07:52:42 AM »
I do wish the team would re-think the rule that good friends can't be members of the same household. I'm on generation 5 of another game, and for a while the only living sims in my town were members of my household. In that same game, my sim became the boyfriend of a sim who was not living in a house, and she was culled from the game the next day. I understand the desire to make things difficult, but I do think that when people get farther along in their dynasties, they will experience major problems with finding and keeping their good friends.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #399 on: November 26, 2014, 08:34:32 AM »
I do wish the team would re-think the rule that good friends can't be members of the same household. I'm on generation 5 of another game, and for a while the only living sims in my town were members of my household. In that same game, my sim became the boyfriend of a sim who was not living in a house, and she was culled from the game the next day. I understand the desire to make things difficult, but I do think that when people get farther along in their dynasties, they will experience major problems with finding and keeping their good friends.

Something that may help with this, though it comes at a cost:  I've noticed that when you adopt, all the children you don't pick immediately get placed into households, creating both the babies and the mothers, sometimes fathers.  you'll need to adopt, unfortunately, but it will restock the gene pool so to speak.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline SGNPU25

• Nooboo
« Reply #400 on: November 26, 2014, 08:53:57 AM »
I understand the BFF rule as follows with this example: founder is friends with friend 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and BFF 6. The second gen can be friends with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, but BFF 7.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #401 on: November 26, 2014, 09:04:38 AM »
I understand the BFF rule as follows with this example: founder is friends with friend 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and BFF 6. The second gen can be friends with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, but BFF 7.
That was my understanding of the rule as well.
I haven't played a family long enough yet to see if the town gets emptied out, we might need to discuss things with the Dynasty team if it becomes a real issue for all or most of us.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #402 on: November 26, 2014, 09:33:20 AM »
I thought unique bff meant no 2 sims could have the same bff but the bff could still be the good friend of someone else.

Well, in my opinion it does not really make them unique anymore if a BFF of one heir is a Good Friend to another. It's a matter of semantics and I suppose if you want to get nit picky you're right. But, in my opinion any BFF is totally off the table for all other heirs. That was how it was intended to make things harder.

Team, if you are ok with that, then clarify the rule. I am ok with going with dethdukk's interpretation as well - I do not want to see Dynasties in mid stream to fail because of it.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #403 on: November 26, 2014, 10:08:26 AM »
"Have six Good Friends not in the household at the time of eating Ambrosia for the first time. Other Heirs can share these Good Friends except one needs to be a unique B.F.F (ask to be Best Friends). "

I myself interpret it just like dethdukk, no 2 sims could have the same bff but the bff could still be good friends with someone else.  The confusing part was the line "other heirs can share these good friends" -- and in the beginning we have "have six good friends". 

For those that already started with their dynasty, let's just give them a pass and not fail them because of this BFF wording situation.  We need to reword that to reflect what Metropolis Man have in mind.  Any suggestion on how to reword that rule?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #404 on: November 26, 2014, 10:18:59 AM »
How about going forward  from today, each heir needs 5 Good friends. (Can be shared) each heir needs 1 BFF (ask to be Best Friends) that is Unique to each heir, for a total of 6 Friends.