Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707544 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #495 on: December 04, 2014, 12:43:40 PM »
Could I please have an answer regarding evicting ghosts out of houses?

In another save file I evicted all the ghosts and 4 out of five were replaced, by the game, with living sims.
I didn't have to merge households or manipulate the towns population in any way other than simply evicting the ghosts out of the houses.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #496 on: December 04, 2014, 01:07:18 PM »
Could I please have an answer regarding evicting ghosts out of houses?

In another save file I evicted all the ghosts and 4 out of five were replaced, by the game, with living sims.
I didn't have to merge households or manipulate the towns population in any way other than simply evicting the ghosts out of the houses.

I can sign off on that given EA has not fixed this issue. Team - are you okay with this as well?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #497 on: December 04, 2014, 02:01:21 PM »
We are already letting players use household members as friends, are we adding evicting ghost on?  I think we should just do one, either let players count household members as friends, OR allow them to evict ghost but cannot count household members as friends.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #498 on: December 04, 2014, 02:04:04 PM »
We are already letting players use household members as friends, are we adding evicting ghost on?  I think we should just do one, either let players count household members as friends, OR allow them to evict ghost but cannot count household members as friends.

True. Yeah, allowing players to have household members as friends does solve the problem.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #499 on: December 04, 2014, 03:26:11 PM »
I would much prefer to evict ghosts as making household members friends for ambrosia requirements is really easy... it is much harder to make friends outside the household.

Sorry, don't mean to be a nag, but making household members friends is really not the same as having a town working as it was designed to do... when you have living sims in houses at least the game feels more like a challenge to do.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #500 on: December 04, 2014, 03:27:58 PM »
That is not the only problem - if you can't visit houses, you can't complete the mischief aspiration, because you need to clog drains in 5 homes, and there is the requirement of being enemies with neighbours for one, and friends with neighbours for the friend aspiration. They need to be living sims that you can actually meet and visit.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #501 on: December 04, 2014, 03:32:27 PM »
So if we allow evicting ghost using manage world will that solve most of the problem?  I really wish EA would just hurry up and fix the no story progression problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #502 on: December 04, 2014, 03:37:29 PM »
It would certainly allow the game the opportunity to fill the houses with living sims. I think the restocking takes place once every sim week and the households are filled by the game looking at how many beds there are available in each house and 'choosing' the Not in World sims to be placed there.

I wish that EA would fix this too... it really brings the game down.  :-[

The only other way to fix it is to start merging living sims with ghostly households or even filling the houses yourself... but that could become a 'pick your sim' kind of fix which feels very much against the tone of this challenge.  You would need a set of rules about how to do this.

I do believe that the evicting of ghosts would go some way to partially solving the  "I have no neighbours" problem and the culling of friends.

Either way this problem is going to be an on-going problem until EA fix it. I don't know what else to suggest really.

(*Edited: Sometimes there can only be ghost sims in the Not in World category too... in which case evicting resident ghost sims will probably do nothing as I don't know if the game mechanics actually 'make' new townies.)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #503 on: December 04, 2014, 05:47:02 PM »
I agree with the evicting ghosts, but how will that work for the BFF requirement when it comes to the Soulmate aspiration?  Do we have to let the relationship die down and then they have to find another one outside the household?

EDIT: Ok, so, I can't get the last party for my founder, no matter what I do... I've gotten to a point where the BFF no longer matters heh.  But I do have another question for clarification.  I know missing school is grounds for a failure.  What exactly is the threshold?  I've had my Sims that were a bit late because they autonomously did something.  Are we talking about a couple sim hours being late be grounds for failure?  Or does that refer to just missing the whole day of school?  I know this should probably be self-explanatory, but I wanted to check and make sure.  I started having a panic moment since this try that was going so well just started going so badly so I'm panicking at everything XD

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #504 on: December 05, 2014, 01:26:01 AM »
I too have a question...  When doing the parties requirements, does the party have to be for the sim, or only hosted by the sim?  Like, if I have my founder host a birthday party for his wife, would that count as his gold party, or would it have to be HIS birthday?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #505 on: December 05, 2014, 05:26:04 AM »
So long as he dials up the party and is selected as the 'host' (where applicable) then the party counts as his party for the requirements.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #506 on: December 05, 2014, 04:13:33 PM »
So long as he dials up the party and is selected as the 'host' (where applicable) then the party counts as his party for the requirements.

Thanks!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #507 on: December 06, 2014, 05:36:57 PM »
On the topic of story progression, the Legacy challenge deals with the issue by allowing the player to create and move in families. The player doesn't make the households active, and instead just drops the family in and returns to the main household. For romantic partners, Sims are downloaded from the exchange and placed in without looking at their traits. Just some different methods for dealing with this issue.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #508 on: December 07, 2014, 02:08:07 AM »
I'm just wondering if The team have made any decisions re: evicting ghosts or merging ghost households with townies from 'Manage Worlds' or something else altogether?

Eiher way, something would be good as now I'm officially a full ghost world, both of them.  :( Not a single 'alive' household anywhere.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #509 on: December 07, 2014, 07:19:09 AM »
I'm just wondering if The team have made any decisions re: evicting ghosts or merging ghost households with townies from 'Manage Worlds' or something else altogether?

Eiher way, something would be good as now I'm officially a full ghost world, both of them.  :( Not a single 'alive' household anywhere.

Yeah, sorry for the delay. I believe those team members that have spoken out on the issue are ok with using Manage Worlds solely for the purpose of evicting ghosts. You would not be able to go into Manage Worlds for anything else at this time.

-----------------

EDIT: Ok, I just made the edit:

The only other scenario that allows access of the Manage Worlds screen is if you need to evict ghosts from households. Otherwise, Manage Worlds is off limits after going into Live Mode./