Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707883 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #570 on: December 11, 2014, 11:58:47 PM »
Ok, so I got this horrible error code in my Dynasty game.  Every time I go to save, error code 529:7965179579417474670:17210182255063712811.  I did some research and found this topic: Error Code.

Their solution is to go to Manage Worlds and then save and go to Manage Worlds.  Is that ok if I do that?  I really don't want to lose the progress I had.  There was at least one gold party in there...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #571 on: December 12, 2014, 12:13:43 AM »
Welp I just discovered my first solo ghost household...  And I can't visit it.  Uh oh.  So I know Playalot went and evicted hers, is this a generally allowed thing now, or was hers a special test case?  If possible I'd like to kick these out as they happen so I don't get to a point where I've got nothing but ghosts.

Yep, you're allowed, Metro put it in the change to rules post/thread thingy... here. Under The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Rule Changes:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22195.msg394381.html#msg394381
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #572 on: December 12, 2014, 01:19:33 AM »
Ok, so I got this horrible error code in my Dynasty game.  Every time I go to save, error code 529:7965179579417474670:17210182255063712811.  I did some research and found this topic: Error Code.

Their solution is to go to Manage Worlds and then save and go to Manage Worlds.  Is that ok if I do that?  I really don't want to lose the progress I had.  There was at least one gold party in there...

I think that's one of the cases where I can allow you to go in and do that, so please try it and report back with the result.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #573 on: December 12, 2014, 01:23:58 AM »
I think that's one of the cases where I can allow you to go in and do that, so please try it and report back with the result.

Thank you so much!  It worked!  As the post I linked said, it's actually from a bugged game table.  You can't delete it in build/buy mode either.  It comes up as invalid object.  But it seems that just going to Manage Worlds and clicking save and go to Manage Worlds works.  So thank Lena!  I appreciate it!

EDIT: And now I want to cry... it saved fine when I went to Manage Worlds.  Went back in and tried to save again... and got a new error message.  This one is 526... I don't know what to do... I don't want to have to keep using the Manage Worlds thing... Even tried exiting out of the game and going back in.  I can't even get back in game.  I'm almost ready to give up TS4 right now...

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #574 on: December 12, 2014, 01:53:45 AM »
@playalot. Thanks!  Didn't see the edit. 

@shewolf did you try removing the table while in manage worlds build mode?  Hopefully you get it figured out.  All these issues with the game...  I guess all we can do is hope our game doesn't run into them sadly.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #575 on: December 12, 2014, 01:56:59 AM »
@playalot. Thanks!  Didn't see the edit. 

@shewolf did you try removing the table while in manage worlds build mode?  Hopefully you get it figured out.  All these issues with the game...  I guess all we can do is hope our game doesn't run into them sadly.

Yeah, I did.  I can remove the table now, but then I try to save and I get the new error: 526.  I don't even know what to do at this point.  Tried using the repair game option in origin.  That didn't fix it either.  I'm just beside myself at this point.  I exited out of the game.  I'll see what else I can try later when I'm not so upset and frustrated.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #576 on: December 12, 2014, 02:04:04 AM »
@shewolf a couple more things I found that might work.  Delete the game from your PC and reinstall it (don't forget to back up your save file).  Empty your mods folder entirely.  Do save as instead of just save.  Don't know if this will work.  Good luck!

Edit: one last thing.  Depending on how desperate you are...  Bulldoze the house.  Try a clean start.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #577 on: December 12, 2014, 02:13:44 AM »
@shewolf a couple more things I found that might work.  Delete the game from your PC and reinstall it.  Empty your mods folder entirely.  Do save as instead of just save.  Don't know if this will work.  Good luck!

Edit: one last thing.  Depending on how desperate you are...  Bulldoze the house.  Try a clean start.

Tried the Save as.  Same problem.  I am looking into the uninstalling/reinstalling aspect.  I don't have any mods at all.  I'm not sure about the bulldozing option.  I'd probably have to get permission for that and I'm not even sure it would work at this point.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #578 on: December 12, 2014, 02:18:08 AM »
@shewolf:  if it doesn't work, you're back where you were before anyways.  might be worth a shot just to see if it WILL work, then if it does and the board approves it you can move on.  Make sure not to overwrite your current save is all.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #579 on: December 12, 2014, 03:11:27 AM »
So an update on the error 529 and 526.  I posed the question to the Tech Help board and the best answer seems to be moving the family and lot to the gallery and starting a new game.  There are a couple other options, I will try those, but tomorrow... I can't deal with this anymore tonight. 

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #580 on: December 12, 2014, 07:12:52 AM »
Shewolf, I got an error code when I tried to save yesterday. I sent someone from the household to a community lot and was able to save from there. When I tried to start my game, I couldn't, for two or three times, but the 4th time I got in. I chose the auto-save, deleted my old save, and have been able to play with no problems.

As for bulldozing the house, there's nothing in the rules against doing that. Just remember to put your immortals' collections in family inventory beforehand.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #581 on: December 12, 2014, 01:04:18 PM »
I just tried that.  No dice.  It seems to be the entire house is glitched... I sent my pollinator off to another lot to meet a pretty lady.  She was a teen when they got there, but she aged up while they were there.  He has the serial romantic aspiration, so I said, might as well have them go on a date back at their place... got there and she was back to a teen and they didn't know each other, even though they tried for baby at her house.  So it seems that the entire lot is bugged. 

Challenge Team, may I save a copy of the house to the gallery, bulldoze the lot and put it back?  I'll save all the collections and what not to the family inventory.  I'm running out of options to see what to do.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #582 on: December 12, 2014, 01:09:58 PM »
Challenge Team, may I save a copy of the house to the gallery, bulldoze the lot and put it back?  I'll save all the collections and what not to the family inventory.  I'm running out of options to see what to do.

If this doesn't work, and the challenge team allows it, you might try moving to the other 50x50 lot.  Also, try saving while the lot is bulldozed, it might be a household item causing it.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #583 on: December 12, 2014, 03:23:46 PM »

Sure, go ahead.

Offline Fuzzle

• Nooboo
« Reply #584 on: December 12, 2014, 06:48:56 PM »
Are non-heirs allowed to miss school? As in, could I have Cassandra Goth stay at the house and paint all day?

anything