Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707231 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #645 on: December 17, 2014, 04:44:27 AM »
So if my evil sim just happens to invite over another sim, and that sim just happens to get into an argument with him in a room full of angry paintings and dies of a cardiac arrest, would that invalidate my dynasty?

What if they got into an argument with another NPC sim and died that way?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #646 on: December 17, 2014, 07:28:00 AM »
I had the same problem with my Tech Guru - level 10 programming and level 9 video gaming not registering.  She's a spare, not an heir, so I gambled and had her quit her job.  Then I had her rejoin.  It now recognizes her skills but I did lose the daily task completion and the performance bar was almost all the way to the right and it is now back to the middle.

Also, I'm pretty sure she was at level 8 before she quit, but when she retook the job she's at level 7.  I know she was working on placing in 3 video game tournaments, which, if I'm reading the guide correctly, was a Level 8 requirement.  It's unfortunate that she lost progress, but at least now she can continue.

That sounds like a simple solution, but I'm scared to try it out with my founder. Are you sure you will start at high level again?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #647 on: December 17, 2014, 10:31:18 AM »
So everybody seems to be having issues with the new patch, like skills not registering...I seem to have a problem at the opposite end of the scale where my founder completed the Master chef aspiration but hasn't fulfilled the culinary level 8 requirement, as she's only level 4. I am wondering if I count the aspiration once she reaches level 8? The thing that really troubles me is now i've got Satisfaction points undeservedly and the aspiration reward trait(Fresh Chef).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #648 on: December 17, 2014, 10:34:49 AM »
So everybody seems to be having issues with the new patch, like skills not registering...I seem to have a problem at the opposite end of the scale where my founder completed the Master chef aspiration but hasn't fulfilled the culinary level 8 requirement, as she's only level 4. I am wondering if I count the aspiration once she reaches level 8? The thing that really troubles me is now i've got Satisfaction points undeservedly and the aspiration reward trait(Fresh Chef).

I won't tell if you keep it quiet. oops. Too late.  ;D Just kidding - no, seriously, just be honest and put in the work necessary to complete the Aspiration even if the game thinks you already did.

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #649 on: December 17, 2014, 10:41:02 AM »
I won't tell if you keep it quiet. oops. Too late.  ;D Just kidding - no, seriously, just be honest and put in the work necessary to complete the Aspiration even if the game thinks you already did.
Haha, thanks Metro  :D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #650 on: December 17, 2014, 11:17:35 AM »
That sounds like a simple solution, but I'm scared to try it out with my founder. Are you sure you will start at high level again?

I only had one person in a career that this impacted - my writer didn't have those kinds of skill requirements at the time of the patch.  But that one I tried did come back at a high level, but I think it was 1 level below where she was before she quit.  I wished I'd paid more attention, but I know that she was working on placing in 3 tournaments, which, according to the guide would be at level 8, but she re-joined the career at level 7 and with no progress toward 8, so like she'd just advance to level 7.  So there was rework, but not all that much.  Also, she's a spare, not an heir, and a "new" young adult, so she has plenty of time to complete the career.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #651 on: December 17, 2014, 03:58:02 PM »
I only had one person in a career that this impacted - my writer didn't have those kinds of skill requirements at the time of the patch.  But that one I tried did come back at a high level, but I think it was 1 level below where she was before she quit.  I wished I'd paid more attention, but I know that she was working on placing in 3 tournaments, which, according to the guide would be at level 8, but she re-joined the career at level 7 and with no progress toward 8, so like she'd just advance to level 7.  So there was rework, but not all that much.  Also, she's a spare, not an heir, and a "new" young adult, so she has plenty of time to complete the career.

still debating about it, but probably going to try it out tomorrow. she's almost an elder so it will give me less time to max out the career. But I might go for it, since I really want to play some more with my dynasty family :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #652 on: December 17, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
Just thought it might be worth mentioning that I uninstalled TS4 through Origin and then installed it again. All my games/saved files are still there, everything is the same except it has sorted a lot of the strange bugs that were in my game such as my sims no longer being able to cook etc.

* edited. After I restarted my game (before I did a reinstall) the bug went away... only to come back the next time I started up my game. Just adding this as a lot of people are saying a restart/repair fixes it for them.  I hope those easier fixes do work ... but if it doesn't then at least you know that without fail a reinstall totally works. Also when I reinstalled it only took about 15 mins... it's actually not a big drama to do at all. In fact I'll be doing more often as my game runs like it did when I first bought it now!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #653 on: December 17, 2014, 06:22:07 PM »
That's great news, Playalot. Hopefully, others might take that advice and run with it to avoid headaches.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #654 on: December 17, 2014, 07:24:58 PM »
This challenge has been out for a month. How on earth did it get to this many pages?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #655 on: December 17, 2014, 08:46:26 PM »
This challenge has been out for a month. How on earth did it get to this many pages?

Soooo many bugs/glitches and need for clarification did it.  I'm grateful.

Haven't played in a few days due to special pre-release preview of the last Hobbit movie, (I should have owned stock in the Kleenex company for this one), and holiday confusions and planning.  Now dreading going back in to see just what the new update has messed up.  Fearful for my lvl 10 in Cooking/Gourmet Cooking chef.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #656 on: December 17, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »
Oh, Joria - I cannot wait to see the new Hobbit movie myself :).

On a different note - for all you more competitive Tournament players, the first two 2015 challenges will be posted bright and early tomorrow morning when I wake up. As always - PLEASE try and avoid asking clarifications in those two threads as something you ask may be strategy. The tournament is a whole different ballgame than the Dynasty. So, PM the team with "can I do this" kind of questions.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #657 on: December 18, 2014, 07:57:53 AM »
Well This morning I am hit with the " No cook " bug. So I'm gonna have to do the "uninstall/reinstall" or I'll retry to see if the factory reset from the sims 3 we did  with renaming the folder and see that works. I hate uninstalling.. LOL

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #658 on: December 18, 2014, 01:14:36 PM »
I didn't get hit in my Dynasty file, but I started a new one to take a small break.  I cleared caches and restarted the computer.  That seemed to fix it.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #659 on: December 18, 2014, 06:02:14 PM »
So as it turns out, I was right about the public enemy aspiration being an issue now.  The witness a Sims death requirement isn't broken, but it is almost impossible to fulfill without a lot of luck.  I just had an elder die in my household.  My sim wasn't in the room at the time,  but I ran him over the instant I got the notification.  Didn't matter.  You have to witness the instant of death.

In addition, if the sim has anything else queued up, they won't witness it.  It's an entirely automatic action, which means if you arent in the room doing nothing at the time the sim dies, then you don't get the requirement.  Without the ability to kill off a Sim, completing the aspiration becomes a matter of luck.  You can even get unlucky, you can be in the room doing nothing, but your sim might auto queue a cook food order and miss the moment of death.

Edit:  I have screen shots showing the dying elder, the one sim that witnessed it, one running off to cook even though he was in the area at time of death, and my last sim not witnessing it even though he is obviously watching it happen.  There isn't an interaction to witness it.
So if my evil sim just happens to invite over another sim, and that sim just happens to get into an argument with him in a room full of angry paintings and dies of a cardiac arrest, would that invalidate my dynasty?

What if they got into an argument with another NPC sim and died that way?

Kind of need an answer on this soon.  If the answer is no you can't attempt to cause an NPC cardiac arrest no matter how obscure your methods, that's fine but it will make the new public enemy aspiration extremely difficult.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

anything