Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698129 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #765 on: February 14, 2015, 02:54:30 PM »
Not to be horrible towards anyone but I think it's pretty obvious for even one day 'pleading' is extending life therefore banned for all members of a household and non-household. Much like in Sims 3 when we weren't allowed to have death flower seeds in inventories and not choosing spouses/spares with unlucky trait so they would be spared by Grim.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #766 on: February 14, 2015, 03:19:53 PM »
Not to be horrible towards anyone but I think it's pretty obvious for even one day 'pleading' is extending life therefore banned for all members of a household and non-household. Much like in Sims 3 when we weren't allowed to have death flower seeds in inventories and not choosing spouses/spares with unlucky trait so they would be spared by Grim.

I wouldn't have (didn't in fact, though I was wary enough to ask) considered it a life extension, as all of the noted life extensions reset the age counter entirely.  In addition, having never played before TS3, I don't have that past experience to base my judgment calls on.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #767 on: February 14, 2015, 03:31:01 PM »

I didn't think there was a rule about not choosing spouses/spares with unlucky trait.  Was it in the original rule set or just buried in the gazillion posts somewhere?  (for Sims3)

In any case, I still think it needs to be added to the rules right up front so any newcomers to the challenge don't get confused.

In my own personal case, it would not be fair to those who already had to restart their dynasty because of this if I didn't also have to restart mine.  So, back to the drawing board for me.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #768 on: February 14, 2015, 03:42:01 PM »
I sent a PM to Nutella and Trip since they are the Dynasty pros. Hopefully they will take care of it soon.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #769 on: February 14, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »
@Joria I don't think it was an actual rule but you were aware it could be problematic later if you needed space for an heir or spouse.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #770 on: February 14, 2015, 06:20:19 PM »
    Pleading with Grim is life extension and you shouldn't do it. I'll see what I can edit in the ruleset to make that more clear.

EDIT: Does this look good?

Eating Ambrosia is the sole privilege for your Founder and Heirs who reach Elder stage and is the only allowed method of extending life for these special Sims. Household members cannot complete the Bodybuilder Aspiration, use Potions of Youth, Essence of Life (from cowplant), Book of Life (from writing skill), Plead with the Grim Reaper to save a dying sim, or any other methods of extending life.
    [/list]
    No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #771 on: February 14, 2015, 06:43:40 PM »
    Thank you, Trip.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
    • Watcher
    « Reply #772 on: February 14, 2015, 09:02:48 PM »
    @Joria I don't think it was an actual rule but you were aware it could be problematic later if you needed space for an heir or spouse.
    Lol.  You give me too much credit for being aware of anything.  Elder brain not functioning that well, especially on new meds.  Not a problem.  I find my mental faux pas amusing. 

Thank you, Trip for clarifying that rule! 

As for my dynasty, it's rather a moot point anyway as my founder is about to meet Grim herself and without achieving her goals at work or with friends.  sigh  Guess it's time for a new game.  Might just wait till the end of March for new updates before I begin again. 

----------
    My No Buy Story

Offline silversim2

• Nooboo
    « Reply #773 on: February 14, 2015, 10:48:51 PM »
    Sorry if this has already been answered but when I was reading the rules it said heirs only needed to go to school everyday, but on the kindly provided spreadsheet it has a space for gaining A's in school and completing child aspirations. Is this a requirement that I have missed or is this just optional? I am starting my legacy as soon as Sims 4 comes to mac and I want to make sure I don't mess anything up.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
    « Reply #774 on: February 14, 2015, 10:55:29 PM »
    @silversim2 - Going to school every day is a requirement.  To get the bonus museum pieces, you must BOTH complete an aspiration and get an A in school
    Knethen Immortal Dynasty
    Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline silversim2

• Nooboo
    « Reply #775 on: February 14, 2015, 11:09:02 PM »
    @dethdukk - Thanks for the clarification, I went back over the rules and saw that section, silly me!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
    • Watcher
    « Reply #776 on: February 15, 2015, 08:19:50 PM »
    Just found out why my founder/chef never made it to the top of her career.  It's a bug.  If you reach a certain level in your skills BEFORE the requirement to do on the job, you never get the necessary promotion.  She maxed both cooking and gourmet cooking long before it was required.  Unfortunately, I don't have an early save file, before she did that, so it's back to another try.

----------
    My No Buy Story

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
    « Reply #777 on: February 16, 2015, 08:28:59 AM »
    If the family is on vacation to Granite Falls, is it okay to use children's vacation days from school? Or would this break the restriction of children going to school every day?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #778 on: February 16, 2015, 09:05:31 AM »
    If the family is on vacation to Granite Falls, is it okay to use children's vacation days from school? Or would this break the restriction of children going to school every day?

I think I am okay with that, let's see what other team members say.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
    « Reply #779 on: February 16, 2015, 01:47:17 PM »
    The reason we included the rule school aged children cannot missed school is because we don't want it too easy for players.  Your kids can stay home miss school everyday and work on skills, aspirations, etc.  Huge benefit from missing school.

Going on vacation is going to benefit the child too.  Family can modify the big lot in the park, and buy whatever equipment necessary to skill up, not having to worry about going to school.

I'm on the fence on this, I would like to hear what other team members think about this.

anything