Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 706179 times)

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #840 on: March 27, 2015, 05:53:45 PM »
Is there a thread that discusses strategy ideas? Because I have been unable to make it past my first generation. I am so sim-remedial!!  :P
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #841 on: March 27, 2015, 07:50:44 PM »
There is a hints and tips page:  http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22197.0.html

You can also post on this thread what problems you are having that you can't make it past your first generation, plenty of players will be happy to help you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #842 on: March 27, 2015, 07:57:44 PM »
Is there a thread that discusses strategy ideas? Because I have been unable to make it past my first generation. I am so sim-remedial!!  :P

I consider myself dynasty challenged!  lol  After 5 years, (or maybe it's more), with Carl's forum I've yet to succeed at a dynasty.  Still only level 1 at the moment but don't play that often.  The tips page does help a lot.

FYI:  Colored eggs can be harvested along with fruits and veggies.  When you click on a tree or veg you wind up with both the fruit AND an egg.  Not every time though.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #843 on: March 28, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
Apologies for double post.  Get to Work will bring new collectibles with it.  Will these be allowed or banned seeing as how not everyone will get this expansion?  I'm hoping allowed.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #844 on: March 28, 2015, 04:05:20 PM »
Can't answer your question at this moment, but I will test all the new stuff as soon as expansion release and update everyone on the changes.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #845 on: March 28, 2015, 10:09:34 PM »
March 26th, 2015 New Patch Update:

There will be no new requirements added to the rules.  We will not be adding portraits as a requirement by itself, however you can paint portraits and add them to museum (under paintings category).

Oh thank goodness we don't have to do the whole "baby to elder" painting thing again! I came on here as soon as I heard on the Curtis Paradis show about the new portrait painting option in the update.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #846 on: March 29, 2015, 08:36:18 PM »
Ok!  THAT's IT!  Once again, 4th try, and my stupid founder can't get to the top of her career and is about to die.  I am so frustrated with this challenge it's unbelievable.  (stomps foot and throws hissy fit)

Ok, better.  Thanks for letting me vent.  I really wish I knew what I am doing wrong, besides constantly choosing the culinary career.  It's not like I haven't read the guides or the tips.  She should have maxed her career long before this.   I rather like this family so it's time for me to cheat and keep everyone alive with youth potion and start a new file for a dynasty.  Time to pick a different career path and see if it's the career or just me.

To add to the frustration, while I can find bugs, I seldom can get my Sim to them to collect them before they disappear and I haven't been able to find a cherry tree anywhere.  No, not even where Carl shows one in the guide.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #847 on: March 29, 2015, 09:51:12 PM »
There's a cherry tree on the property of the Landgraabs.  Go camp out there for a bit.  There's one down the cliff and there's another toward the ledge on the back of the property.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #848 on: March 30, 2015, 09:14:10 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear that the Culinary career is causing you so much trouble, Joria. I was about to boot up The Sims 4 today and try another Immortal Dynasty attempt too.  :'(

Maybe I'll just play for fun, not do a challenge, just to see if any of my Sims can top a career. Anyways, I don't know much about the bugs since I don't have Outdoor Retreat, but I'm sure there are some cherry trees in the park of Oasis Springs. You'll never find a cherry tree in Willow Creek - it's all apples and pears over there.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #849 on: March 30, 2015, 10:06:19 AM »
Joria, I am stuck on generation 1!! I can EITHER level up the career OR complete the friends/party requirement. But I can't seem to do both. Grrrrrr
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #850 on: March 30, 2015, 07:23:14 PM »
There's a cherry tree on the property of the Landgraabs.  Go camp out there for a bit.  There's one down the cliff and there's another toward the ledge on the back of the property.

Thank you.  I'd been checking there but guess I wasn't there long enough.

I'm very sorry to hear that the Culinary career is causing you so much trouble, Joria. I was about to boot up The Sims 4 today and try another Immortal Dynasty attempt too.  :'(

Maybe I'll just play for fun, not do a challenge, just to see if any of my Sims can top a career. Anyways, I don't know much about the bugs since I don't have Outdoor Retreat, but I'm sure there are some cherry trees in the park of Oasis Springs. You'll never find a cherry tree in Willow Creek - it's all apples and pears over there.

Are you going to get "Go to Work"?  I'm going to start a new dynasty but I'll wait till I have my "Go to Work" and try one of those careers.  Meanwhile I'm saving my old file separately and putting my house, which I really love, in my library or maybe the gallery.  It's horribly expensive for the gallery though.

Joria, I am stuck on generation 1!! I can EITHER level up the career OR complete the friends/party requirement. But I can't seem to do both. Grrrrrr

I know your frustration!!  This seems so much harder than it was in TS3 and I think it's mostly because of glitches coming along with updates.  When I first played TS4 I was able to max out my cooking career right away AND have a great garden. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #851 on: March 31, 2015, 01:10:56 AM »
The Musician career seems to be the easiest for me to get to the top level. Then Painter. Then Writer. I've made Culinary but it's a struggle. None of them in the ID Challenge though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #852 on: March 31, 2015, 07:28:25 AM »
Added:

"Easter Eggs (April only)" to Qualifying items for the Museum List.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #853 on: March 31, 2015, 11:48:23 AM »
Added:

"Geodes" to Qualifying items for the Museum List.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #854 on: March 31, 2015, 01:20:49 PM »
Added:

"Inventions (from science career)" to Qualifying items for the Museum List.

anything